Mafia: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13] - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

If that's really what it boils down to, it would have to be the second option. There was no pressure put on him when he voted Stuntology like that.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Just in response to Feralize and m0ckingbird's discussion as to whether I think he's town or not, I think that the fact that he was gunning for me so hard shows that he probably isn't mafia, because (in my opinion) voting me was a pretty rash decision that the mafia probably wouldn't make because they can discuss their moves with each other.
    I believe its quite the contrary.

This is the scenario

Either A). He's a townie who when the pressure was on him, pointed the finger at someone. (same can be applied to mafia).

Or B). He's mafia who wanted to cause a mislynch.

Either was Fos:m0ckingbird 20
    I actually wouldn't disagree with either of those.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

We just have to wait and see...

Blog Entries

I'm just gonna throw my 2¢ out here regarding Mock, Stunt and Feralize.

Mock pointed to my post criticizing Stunt as, essentially, the basis for his argument. That Stunt voted NL. However, at the time, there was very little activity, and those three posts stayed as the last posts until roughly the time of the phase update, when this whole thing started.

While the timing may have been nearly a day before the scheduled update, it was effectively at the end of the phase due to inactivity.

Better now than forgetting to, and having somebody turn out to be doubly affected by votes.
    He actually said this in response to my post. He's showing caution, 18 hours before the phase update. In those 18 hours, nothing much happened. It was only afterwards that Mock called him out for the vote, which Feralize defended based on a lack of evidence.

Now that I've essentially disproven the basis to the argument, I'm curious as to what @m0ckingbird20; has to say about it.

The forthcoming Stunt lynch, while ill-carried out, will give us information regardless of the outcome. It may just be unpleasantly tinged, but it will be information nonetheless.

Callisto and Akuraito seemed interested in the fact that Stunt is fairly certain that Mock is Town. In fact, if I recall correctly, they considered it scummy that he was "kissing up" to Mock. The reasoning behind Stunt's actions is that he sees the threat pushing hard, but doesn't get any scumreads. I've done this before, too, as Town. And I was right. I'm not sure right now, but I think we might find a similar situation here.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Well, I never explicitly stated I thought it was scummy that Stuntology was kissing up to him. I just thought he was trying to get m0ckingbird to get off his case by saying he was Town. You know, since he was the one put on the spot. It's a bit difficult to read m0ckingbird's sincerity in his vote. He could've just been taking what little evidence we had and ran with it by choosing Stuntology, or he could be mafia reaching for whatever possible thing to get a townie out. In this case, he chose to pick Stuntology because of his NL vote. At this point, something tells me Stuntology actually isn't mafia, and it is unfortunate that he is the one that ended up on the chopping block. I'm sure we can use this lynch as evidence going forward, though.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    I'm just gonna throw my 2¢ out here regarding Mock, Stunt and Feralize.

Mock pointed to my post criticizing Stunt as, essentially, the basis for his argument. That Stunt voted NL. However, at the time, there was very little activity, and those three posts stayed as the last posts until roughly the time of the phase update, when this whole thing started.

While the timing may have been nearly a day before the scheduled update, it was effectively at the end of the phase due to inactivity.
    Yes I have covered all these in my conversation with Fera and I am not doing it again go read more carefully before you start repeating the same points as Fera...

Better now than forgetting to, and having somebody turn out to be doubly affected by votes.
    He actually said this in response to my post. He's showing caution, 18 hours before the phase update. In those 18 hours, nothing much happened. It was only afterwards that Mock called him out for the vote, which Feralize defended based on a lack of evidence.
    I called him only later cause I hadn't checked the thread sooner... simple.

Now that I've essentially disproven the basis to the argument, I'm curious as to what @m0ckingbird20; has to say about it.
    You haven't disproved it. And although I have also said that multiple time in my conversation with Fera I will say it again. We might have stayed inactive at D1 but Stunt could NOT have known if there will be almost no more posts for more than a day which means that Stunt might have planned to move in for an early No Lynch. It's just that the day turned out different it's not that Stunt knew that everyone will keep their votes till the end. Anyway I am really tired of explaining this over and over so please do bother to read what I have said carefully.

The forthcoming Stunt lynch, while ill-carried out, will give us information regardless of the outcome. It may just be unpleasantly tinged, but it will be information nonetheless.
    That's the point, as I said I am all but sure that Stunt is Mafia, but since no actual defence came up (before the phase pending anyway) I had no reason to remove my vote. But I have also said that before...

Callisto and Akuraito seemed interested in the fact that Stunt is fairly certain that Mock is Town. In fact, if I recall correctly, they considered it scummy that he was "kissing up" to Mock. The reasoning behind Stunt's actions is that he sees the threat pushing hard, but doesn't get any scumreads. I've done this before, too, as Town. And I was right. I'm not sure right now, but I think we might find a similar situation here.
    Agreed, that's why I didn't use this against him in anyway.

Just in response to Feralize and m0ckingbird's discussion as to whether I think he's town or not, I think that the fact that he was gunning for me so hard shows that he probably isn't mafia, because (in my opinion) voting me was a pretty rash decision that the mafia probably wouldn't make because they can discuss their moves with each other.

This is the scenario

Either A). He's a townie who when the pressure was on him, pointed the finger at someone. (same can be applied to mafia).

A) Nobody applied pressure on me when I voted for Stuntology. which makes your argument invalid and shows that you also didn't read what happened so far...

B) I don't know how I can disprove that really...

This is the scenario

I actually wouldn't disagree with either of those.
    Don't tell me you haven't read your own accusation? When I posted you vote nobody had said anything against me which mean that point A is invalid and point B can be said for anyone that starts a lynch... so I do not see how any of these can be used as a scumread.
    Last edited by m0ckingbird20; 14th March 2013 at 05:43 AM.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

I am EXTREMELY sorry for the late update! I've been sick, stressed, and overworked, and I couldn't update. I'll start updating at the regular time!

__

Emma walked gingerly up to the guillotine, trying to swallow the lump rising in her throat. Her palms were sweaty, and she was shaking slightly. She was usually so brave, but all the bravery in the world couldn't save her now. She took a deep breath as the silver axe sliced through the air, brought down on her in a single swipe. It was only after her death that investigators discovered she was, in fact, innocent.

It is now Night 2. Please submit your night actions.
    This phase will end March 15th at 7:00 PM EST.

All right let me hear it...

Meanwhile I will be re-reading the thread to refresh my reads and see who else looks scummy enough so we can start from somewhere...

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

To be honest, I think that all of the discussion generated by my death is more helpful to the town than the death was detrimental. You guys can do it!

(Come to think of it, I've never been lynched before...)

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

@Nepeta Leijon; Ummm... Crap! I was just informed that I won't have internet in my room for the next week (I will actually switch to another room temporarily.) which means playing Mafia is out of the question. And the following weak I will be going back to Greece for a break which mean very little time for the forum... So I am not gonna be able to play Mafia by Saturday. Can I get a sub? getting subbed out from today it's OK with me since the sub will be playing the rest of the game so... yea I think it's better to join it a day earlier.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

All right.
    @Dark Blueberry; @Fushimi;

Would either of you like to sub in for m0ckingbird20?

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Just so everyone knows, I am here and I will be re-reading through the thread for any leads I can find.

EDIT: Alright, just finished reading through everything I missed.

m0ckingbird20's posts were a tad contradictory in my opinion, but I won't quote anything since he will be getting subbed in for. (Possibly.)

Also, something about Booster Gold strikes me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster Gold

This is the scenario

This was really neutral to me. Nothing wrong with neutrality of course, but what did that 'it's quite contrary' part mean? I could just be reading it wrong, which I probably am, but... I can't tell if Booster thinks m0ckingbird is town or mafia, it's just so neutral.
    Last edited by Momoka; 14th March 2013 at 01:31 PM.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow Booster the Gawd on Tumblr

Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

Ok, I went back and checked the game as of thus far, and his struck me as odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Well, I think the phase ends in less than two hours. Maybe we should just go for it. We have nothing else to really go on.

Vote: Stuntology
    OK, as we all know mafia tends to support mislynch's (a.k.a target townies). Right here when there's no evidence supporting Stuntology, other than his vote for a no lynch. This right here to me seems scummy. Fos: Callisto

Blog Entries

Ok, I went back and checked the game as of thus far, and his struck me as odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Well, I think the phase ends in less than two hours. Maybe we should just go for it. We have nothing else to really go on.

Vote: Stuntology
    OK, as we all know mafia tends to support mislynch's (a.k.a target townies). Right here when there's no evidence supporting Stuntology, other than his vote for a no lynch. This right here to me seems scummy. Fos: Callisto
    I voted him because we can't go day after day without doing something, and all we were doing was discussing Stuntology's NL vote. He was the only "lead" we had, and we could probably get more info from a lynch that another day without one. It was either me (since he also voted for me for a BS reason) or him, and I wasn't going to vote for myself. I know it may have looked like an OMGUS vote, but I feel like it's better than nothing. Everyone was pretty much regurgitating the same points over and over.

And also, when I voted Stuntology, I still wasn't sure one way or another whether he was actually mafia or not. When I did finally lean towards him being Town, the phase was already long over.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

@Booster Gold; Regarding my post involving you, what are your feelings on m0ckingbird20? As I stated, you seemed unusually... neutral.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast