Mafia: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13] - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    That's not necessarily true. There have definitely been times when the mafia is one of the more pro-active players in the game. There's no way to know for sure that m0ckingbird is town simply because he seems engaged in trying to find the mafia.

You're seeming desperate to get on his good side.
    Exactly. One of the things I sometimes try to do when I'm mafia is to try to post a whole case on someone, completely made by myself, just to gain the town's trust; it's WIFOM, sure, but it has a lot of benefits for the mafia to be active, too.
    Chronos likes this.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

All I really want is for when I die (probably at the end of this phase), that my opinions on things are available for use in the future.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Players have individual play styles and as Callisto said, mafia act as though thy want to get something done too. Mafia being active allows for them to lead mislynches

On another note I have class in a few minutes and it doesn't end till 8 and I have been sick all day which is usually worse after class so I might not be on before the update and unable to answer any questions that are directed a me. Saying this in case people decide to lynch me when I can't defend myself as has happened before

Yes, mafia can lead lynches, but if they're wrong, they probably have to answer for it. They're taking a risk. Therefore, it's safer for them to follow others, or not get involved at all (everyone but the 5 or so of us), and probably more likely.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Yes, mafia can lead lynches, but if they're wrong, they probably have to answer for it. They're taking a risk. Therefore, it's safer for them to follow others, or not get involved at all (everyone but the 5 or so of us), and probably more likely.
    Hardly. Most people follow the train of logic that it was far too risky for scum to try to pull that off, and if the argument was logical enough, there's no reason for that person to be blamed for lynching someone who deserved it.

追放されたバカ

Sorry I've been pretty dead these past few days. I don't think we can just completely clear someone, although I guess I can see what you mean. However, mafia can easily make a post and try to get the game moving. It definitely does seem a bit suspicious to me you would say that, since its just Day 2 and not a lot of posts have been made, and even mafia could easily come off as town.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

With how often people who are inactive and/or vote on bandwagons get called out for such behavior, leading lynches is often a better idea for mafia than not. Or to at least have one or two mafia doing that while the others lie low.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure who we should vote for, honestly. I'm kind of leaning towards voting Stuntology, but should we risk it? I mean, I don't see any other option if we decide to vote someone... Any other option would be too random right now, I think. If we have to vote anyone today, I would pick Stuntology.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Stuntology; @m0ckingbird20;

1) Callisto posted his thoughts which is better than not posting at all

2) I didn't say anything other than pointing out m0ckings mistake because I had nothing to say.

If you two think that's scummy and are town then we're doomed.
    1) I never accused Callisto of anything. I just said that what Stuntology said is not impossible. It is a stretch though.

2) Yes, and? Why did you even say that? I didn't accuse you of anything either.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I think the phase ends in less than two hours. Maybe we should just go for it. We have nothing else to really go on.

Vote: Stuntology

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Stuntology; @m0ckingbird20;

1) Callisto posted his thoughts which is better than not posting at all

2) I didn't say anything other than pointing out m0ckings mistake because I had nothing to say.

If you two think that's scummy and are town then we're doomed.

2) Yes, and? Why did you even say that? I didn't accuse you of anything either.
    Yeah, no one has even gone for you yet Midori - you seem a little too quick to assume that you're going to be picked on - a little too wary even.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Update pending.

Blog Entries

Hey guys! Meesa back! Not entirely dead, but still...

I'm thinking this argument between Stunt and Mockingbird is interesting, but we'll see precisely what the outcome is in a second. Because phase update is happening AS I POST! Whoa, kinda cool.

Yeah, gonna have to agree that leading a lynch is not necessarily a town tell, nor is it always a scum tell. It's certainly not a null-tell, though. It's entirely circumstantial; you need to know the entire conversation, argument, and result of the lynch lead.

I suppose I'll get all three of those in a second. I'll have it fully read and understood by tomorrow, I hope. Never good for me to get so far behind in a game already.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Well, i would have probably changed from a no lynch if anything interesting had showed up, but nothing did, so I though that I'd stay on the safe side.

And my comment about the doctor was pretty hasty. I wasn't considering how the presence of a doctor affects how the mafia acts, only the fact that I've only seen a successful protection once or twice.

As for now, I'm suspicious of Callisto and Midorikawa, for jumping into the conversation without saying anything of value. They didn't offer any thoughts at all on the situation. I'm pretty confident that m0ckingbird20 is town, and I'm nut sure about Akuraito yet.

Vote: Callisto to even it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    I can see some reasoning on your accusations Callisto and Mido but they are certainly not even close to enough for a lynch. I am so awesome that few people can resist supporting me. ^^ Anyway your vote on Callisto is mainly to save you from a 1 vote lynch which I personaly do not see as scummy.
    @Yata;

I got lynched on a Tuesday while I was in class in the FE mafia and I saw before class that Stuntology went saying he was suspicious of me and Callisto for the things I cleared up, and m0cking went and said he saw his faulty reasoning. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to worry about getting lynched over nothing again like I did in the FE mafia considering class prevents me from getting on.

I fail to see how me pointing out your wish-wasy posts is faulty reasoning, but lynching me because I voted no lynch is a-okay.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast