Mafia: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13] - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 119
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

  1. #46
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Oh well, there is not much to go on. Mostly joke votes and Stuntology being too eager for a no Lynch. I can't say I get many reads.

    Anyway just so we can stimulate conversation.

    VOTE: Stuntology

    Anything to say against your case?

  2. #47
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    There's really not much to say about this kill. Nothing much has happened whatsoever. I'll wait to see Stuntology's response.

  3. #48
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Well, would anyone honestly rather have had a lynch day 1?

    And Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  4. #49
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Well, would anyone honestly rather have had a lynch day 1?
    Heya, I'm here. But that doesn't really matter; voting no lynch right off the bat, not even waiting to get any info, is pretty scummy. It just looks like you wanted to get in to vote so you couldn't be hit with inactivity, but also prevent the town by not getting any info due to the no lynch vote, just in case someone else voted along with you.

    Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.
    The doctor is infinitely more essential to the town than the cop. Anyone who heads an argument against scum? Dead and gone. Any claimed power role? Dead and gone. Anyone even remotely pro-town? Dead and gone.

    We can't really collect claims or have a clear without a doctor. They're screwed if nothing's in between them and the mafia.

    No protection is a big deal, yet you're trying to shrug it off as like just losing the cop, which has plenty of other forms that are usually in the game? I don't think so. It just kinda seems like you want to downplay the death of the doctor and make everyone feel safe despite how bad its loss is. Which...kinda rubs me as scummy, since it's encouraging everyone to play as if we didn't just lose them, which as I've already displayed, is a huge risk to townies.

    I want to hold my vote for a bit to see if you or anyone else have anything else to say, but for now, you'd be where my vote goes.
    Last edited by Akuraito; 12th March 2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: mafia is not a synonym for cop??

  5. #50
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Well, would anyone honestly rather have had a lynch day 1?
    The reason we usually have a no lynch at D1 is because near the end of the day we do not have enough info to lynch anyone yet. But voting for no lynch immediately would only serve Mafia as we will get no info from D1 and neither from N1 as we will have no day discussion to connect it with. Therefore proposing no lynch immediately is a choice only Mafia would make.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    And Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.
    It is true as @Akuraito; said that doctor is more important than the cop. We can figure out alignments without a cop but we cannot stay alive after pulling off a like like role-claim which makes the whole game a lot riskier for Town. So this whole thing where you try to act like it is no big deal doesn't look very pro Town to me.

    Of course it is too early to draw conclusions and so I will also keep my vote. (It's rare to get a Mafia on the first lynch anyway. :P)

    Anyway for now...
    FoS: Stuntology

  6. #51
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    @m0ckingbird20; Your FoSing Stuntology when you already voted him?

  7. #52
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    I don't really think Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch' makes him all that scummy, but if it's a slight lead, it's almost all we got. But then, it looked to me like he was really just thinking about it being a small game so he didn't want to lynch anyone as of yet. I really don't know.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  8. #53
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Well, i would have probably changed from a no lynch if anything interesting had showed up, but nothing did, so I though that I'd stay on the safe side.

    And my comment about the doctor was pretty hasty. I wasn't considering how the presence of a doctor affects how the mafia acts, only the fact that I've only seen a successful protection once or twice.

    As for now, I'm suspicious of Callisto and Midorikawa, for jumping into the conversation without saying anything of value. They didn't offer any thoughts at all on the situation. I'm pretty confident that m0ckingbird20 is town, and I'm nut sure about Akuraito yet.

    Vote: Callisto to even it out.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  9. #54
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Lol, there was nothing to even really say at that point. Don't try to put this on me when you know there's absolutely nothing to point the finger at me about.

    At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played. I'm not going to vote you right now, since I see no actual need to (well, not yet). Also, I'm going to guess you're probably just kissing up to m0ckingbird20 by saying she's town just so she'll leave you alone.

  10. #55
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played.
    While that's true, usually people at least try to participate in the RVS stage to gain info instead of giving up on that immediately.

    @Stuntology;

    What makes you think that m0cking is town?

  11. #56
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @m0ckingbird20; Your FoSing Stuntology when you already voted him?
    My bad I totally forgot I had voted for him already... T.T



    Quote Originally Posted by Momoka View Post
    I don't really think Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch' makes him all that scummy, but if it's a slight lead, it's almost all we got. But then, it looked to me like he was really just thinking about it being a small game so he didn't want to lynch anyone as of yet. I really don't know.
    "Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch'" is not suspicious by itself but the fact that he asked for it so early in the game makes it a bit usspicious as it would benefit Mafia a lot and Town not at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Well, i would have probably changed from a no lynch if anything interesting had showed up, but nothing did, so I though that I'd stay on the safe side.
    we can only take your word for it so saying it doesn't help you much...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    And my comment about the doctor was pretty hasty. I wasn't considering how the presence of a doctor affects how the mafia acts, only the fact that I've only seen a successful protection once or twice.
    I figured that much when I saw it, but I could not ignore it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    As for now, I'm suspicious of Callisto and Midorikawa, for jumping into the conversation without saying anything of value. They didn't offer any thoughts at all on the situation. I'm pretty confident that m0ckingbird20 is town, and I'm nut sure about Akuraito yet.

    Vote: Callisto to even it out.
    I can see some reasoning on your accusations Callisto and Mido but they are certainly not even close to enough for a lynch. I am so awesome that few people can resist supporting me. ^^ Anyway your vote on Callisto is mainly to save you from a 1 vote lynch which I personaly do not see as scummy.

    What makes you so sure that I am Town? trying the get the good side of me won't work... just so you know.



    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Lol, there was nothing to even really say at that point. Don't try to put this on me when you know there's absolutely nothing to point the finger at me about.
    Take it easy he mostly voted you to even the votes so he won;t be lynched. nothing strange about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played. I'm not going to vote you right now, since I see no actual need to (well, not yet). Also, I'm going to guess you're probably just kissing up to m0ckingbird20 by saying she's town just so she'll leave you alone.
    For the record, I am a guy... Anyway I will say it once more. If he has voted for a no lynch later that day it would not look suspicious to me but he seemed to be eager to do so at the start of the day which would not allow us to get any information during the day and neither from the Mafia kill the next night. Ye he is probably kissing up on me... but that's expected since I am awesome. :)



    Quote Originally Posted by Akuraito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played.
    While that's true, usually people at least try to participate in the RVS stage to gain info instead of giving up on that immediately.

    @Stuntology;

    What makes you think that m0cking is town?
    That's what I say, Stuntology didn't try to gain any info on D1 and just gave up immidiately and hence I suspected him.

    Yea what makes you think I am Town? Oh wait... that didn't sound right. :P

  12. #57
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,564
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    @Stuntology; @m0ckingbird20;

    1) Callisto posted his thoughts which is better than not posting at all

    2) I didn't say anything other than pointing out m0ckings mistake because I had nothing to say.

    If you two think that's scummy and are town then we're doomed.

  13. #58
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    I can see some reasoning on your accusations Callisto and Mido but they are certainly not even close to enough for a lynch.
    Honestly, it seems like a huge stretch to me. All I said was that I was going to wait for Stuntology's response. This might seem like I'm just saying all this because it involves me, but I would think this even if I wasn't the one being accused. Also, sorry for thinking you were a girl! D:

    And Akuraito, I see your point. It makes sense when you put it that way.

  14. #59
    So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spielburg
    Posts
    863

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    @Booster Gold @GliscorMan @Feralize @Momoka @FinalArcadia @Yata @Smasher

    Let's get some activity, people. We are nowhere right now.

    And I'm pretty sure that m0ckingbird's town because of his commitment to get something done. It seems that from what i've played, a common mafia tactic is to just jump in after the phase update, not really adding or arguing anything. That way, they don't have to defend any 'careless' moves (like voting no lynch...) that they're committed to, because they're not committed to anything.

    Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

  15. #60
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

    That's not necessarily true. There have definitely been times when the mafia is one of the more pro-active players in the game. There's no way to know for sure that m0ckingbird is town simply because he seems engaged in trying to find the mafia.

    You're seeming desperate to get on his good side.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •