Mafia: Oakwood Mafia [11-6-12] [ENDGAME - Town Victory!] - Page 19

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Oakwood Mafia [11-6-12] [ENDGAME - Town Victory!]

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    That made Leavanny Duo suspicious, sure. But not so suspicious that it completely trumps someone's claim (based on actual hard evidence, mind you. None of @Hitomi;'s supposed Meta. It was more concrete than that.) that another is Mafia.
    I don't think you understood me. It's not my supposed meta. It's Master Mew's supposed meta. Meta =/= hard evidence.

Why the heck would you act on someone's blind suspicion instead of asking someone privately to divulge their methods to you?
    ?

Everyone was acting on MM's blind suspicion that FA was mafia. Unlike everyone, I chose to try to figure out the situation so I could ascertain how accurate MM's claim was. I thought he was the watcher; he told me no, he was the spy, and he got all of his reasoning that FA was mafia from post syntax. So no, it wasn't concrete evidence, it was speculation, and do remember that he believed Akruaito was 90% mafia. So if we lynched her later and she flipped town, we'd see just how concrete his evidence was. If she flipped mafia, great, all it shows is that MM is pretty good at analyzing meta. Which, if I recall correctly, is generally frowned upon around here. If he had any evidence other than this, he did not opt to share it with me, and I can't imagine any reason he would have lied about it to me.

As for the update, the lack of flavor text indicates to me a lynch protection moreso than governor. (The governor was poisoned at the beginning of this story anyway. :P)

追放されたバカ

That was...weird. No flavor text? But on the other hand, Rio turned out lynchproof? I'm having second thoughts - I really don't know whether she's scum or not anymore.

The lack of flavor text baffles me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    That made Leavanny Duo suspicious, sure. But not so suspicious that it completely trumps someone's claim (based on actual hard evidence, mind you. None of @Hitomi;'s supposed Meta. It was more concrete than that.) that another is Mafia.
    I don't think you understood me. It's not my supposed meta. It's Master Mew's supposed meta. Meta =/= hard evidence.

Why the heck would you act on someone's blind suspicion instead of asking someone privately to divulge their methods to you?
    ?

Everyone was acting on MM's blind suspicion that FA was mafia. Unlike everyone, I chose to try to figure out the situation so I could ascertain how accurate MM's claim was. I thought he was the watcher; he told me no, he was the spy, and he got all of his reasoning that FA was mafia from post syntax. So no, it wasn't concrete evidence, it was speculation, and do remember that he believed Akruaito was 90% mafia. So if we lynched her later and she flipped town, we'd see just how concrete his evidence was. If she flipped mafia, great, all it shows is that MM is pretty good at analyzing meta. Which, if I recall correctly, is generally frowned upon around here. If he had any evidence other than this, he did not opt to share it with me, and I can't imagine any reason he would have lied about it to me.

As for the update, the lack of flavor text indicates to me a lynch protection moreso than governor. (The governor was poisoned at the beginning of this story anyway. :P)
    You're wrong on nearly every account. Your information is out of date. It was more concrete than just post syntax. It was the same phrases repeated over and over. I don't think that it counts as meta if the meta in question is from this game. He didn't lie to you, he just withheld information. Why? Because he didn't trust you. And neither do I, for that matter.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

I still wanted flavor text. But still.... O_o

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

You're wrong on nearly every account. Your information is out of date. It was more concrete than just post syntax. It was the same phrases repeated over and over. I don't think that it counts as meta if the meta in question is from this game. He didn't lie to you, he just withheld information. Why? Because he didn't trust you. And neither do I, for that matter.
    Please, elaborate. It's difficult to have any idea of what you're accusing me of if all you're saying is "you don't have all the info."

Okay, then share it? What do you mean by "the same phrase repeated over and over"?

If you're not going to be helpful by withholding potential important information, you aren't helping the town, you know. The town is supposed to work together to bring down the mafia, not for one person to have cryptic information they don't feel like divulging with everyone else. =/

EDIT: Also, "he didn't trust you and neither do I" is ridiculous if he was basing his trust on me solely on the fact that I didn't PM him begging him to share his foolproof information with me. Like I shared with you, I decided to try a more analytical approach to the situation. I turned out wrong, but at least I tried to think for myself. If that alone makes me suspicious, then allow me to facepalm myself into a migraine.
    Last edited by Hitomi; 30th October 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Please, elaborate. It's difficult to have any idea of what you're accusing me of if all you're saying is "you don't have all the info."

Okay, then share it? What do you mean by "the same phrase repeated over and over"?

If you're not going to be helpful by withholding potential important information, you aren't helping the town, you know. The town is supposed to work together to bring down the mafia, not for one person to have cryptic information they don't feel like divulging with everyone else. =/

EDIT: Also, "he didn't trust you and neither do I" is ridiculous if he was basing his trust on me solely on the fact that I didn't PM him begging him to share his foolproof information with me. Like I shared with you, I decided to try a more analytical approach to the situation. I turned out wrong, but at least I tried to think for myself. If that alone makes me suspicious, then allow me to facepalm myself into a migraine.
    You're conveniently missing the point. We are working together, in spite of people like you. Look, Mew is incredible at finding who's scum. He didn't simply ignore you for no reason. Likewise, I don't exactly trust you either. Your actions in this game have lead me to think you're working against the town.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post

Hitomi: I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that I was right about FinalArcadia, that I was obviously Town, and that Akuraito would be a good target no matter how FinalArcadia flipped, without ever speaking to me. You joined the bandwagon very late, but were very complimentary of me, practically confirming me as a Townie. You can't see my face right now, but my eyebrow is raised. You are hereby FoS'd.
    Look, I can't help but see things like this. And you seemed to like defending FinalArcadia until it seemed inevitable (and if I recall you didn't even vote him), as well as pushing a lynch on Akuraito (as Mew said) even if FA flipped town.

Also: new theory regarding the mysterious lack of flavor text. Perchance there was a Mafia ability in which all votes were counted as 0 for the day? Like a paralyzer or something?
    Last edited by GliscorMan; 30th October 2012 at 02:27 PM.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Bulba was down so I couldn't make the update time. Update pending.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

The young man stood at the edges of the street, laughing while taking a puff of his cigarette. He was doing his best to help, but in the end his own survival was worth much more than any silly mind games. His tousled blond hair fell in his face from under a smooth brown felt hat, and he was wearing very raggedy clothes - obviously this man was used to roughing it. His blue eyes appeared to be gleaming in the darkness as he silently observed the city - the whole world seemed to be tinted ashen gray in the pale moonlight, but the first rays of morning light were beginning to seep over the horizon. Slowly, very marginally, the world began to light up as the sky caught fire with the dawn of the new day. Red and pink fiery rays twirled through the atmosphere, streaking the sky with an unearthly light. The sunlight was absolutely gorgeous; no one could deny that. Unfortunately, it was the last one the young man would ever see. As he stood in the dawn light, gazing at the sky, a young woman crept up behind him. She was slow, stealthy in her movements, and she took him completely by surprise, paralyzing him from his neck down. She wasn't even carrying a gun - she was able to finish the job and kill him with her own bare hands. Looking around fleetingly, she assessed the area. Of course nobody had seen her. She was very calculated in all of this - she knew nobody would be around. With one apathetic look at the man's cold body, she stalked away into the shadows.

It is now Day 5. This phase will end October 31st at 9:30 PM EDT.
    9/15 players remain.

Blog Entries

*insert several epithets here*

AVENGE ME!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Vote: Feralize Need I say more?

Well, I'm glad you were on our side.

EDIT: @Leavanny Duo: Yes. Why Feralize?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny Duo View Post
    Vote: Feralize Need I say more?
    Yeah, you do need to say more.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Seems very scummy, especially after...... THAT MAFIA.

Scummy how?

Other mafia games have nothing to do with this.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast