Mafia: Oakwood Mafia [11-6-12] [ENDGAME - Town Victory!] - Page 19

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 366
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Oakwood Mafia [11-6-12] [ENDGAME - Town Victory!]

  1. #271
    Mr. F's Bulbawife Hitomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    930
    Blog Entries
    16

    Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    That made Leavanny Duo suspicious, sure. But not so suspicious that it completely trumps someone's claim (based on actual hard evidence, mind you. None of @Hitomi;'s supposed Meta. It was more concrete than that.) that another is Mafia.
    I don't think you understood me. It's not my supposed meta. It's Master Mew's supposed meta. Meta =/= hard evidence.

    Why the heck would you act on someone's blind suspicion instead of asking someone privately to divulge their methods to you?
    ?

    Everyone was acting on MM's blind suspicion that FA was mafia. Unlike everyone, I chose to try to figure out the situation so I could ascertain how accurate MM's claim was. I thought he was the watcher; he told me no, he was the spy, and he got all of his reasoning that FA was mafia from post syntax. So no, it wasn't concrete evidence, it was speculation, and do remember that he believed Akruaito was 90% mafia. So if we lynched her later and she flipped town, we'd see just how concrete his evidence was. If she flipped mafia, great, all it shows is that MM is pretty good at analyzing meta. Which, if I recall correctly, is generally frowned upon around here. If he had any evidence other than this, he did not opt to share it with me, and I can't imagine any reason he would have lied about it to me.

    As for the update, the lack of flavor text indicates to me a lynch protection moreso than governor. (The governor was poisoned at the beginning of this story anyway. :P)

  2. #272
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    That was...weird. No flavor text? But on the other hand, Rio turned out lynchproof? I'm having second thoughts - I really don't know whether she's scum or not anymore.

  3. #273
    WHAT. Laterose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    METEORIC HELL.
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    The lack of flavor text baffles me.

  4. #274
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,952
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    That made Leavanny Duo suspicious, sure. But not so suspicious that it completely trumps someone's claim (based on actual hard evidence, mind you. None of @Hitomi;'s supposed Meta. It was more concrete than that.) that another is Mafia.
    I don't think you understood me. It's not my supposed meta. It's Master Mew's supposed meta. Meta =/= hard evidence.

    Why the heck would you act on someone's blind suspicion instead of asking someone privately to divulge their methods to you?
    ?

    Everyone was acting on MM's blind suspicion that FA was mafia. Unlike everyone, I chose to try to figure out the situation so I could ascertain how accurate MM's claim was. I thought he was the watcher; he told me no, he was the spy, and he got all of his reasoning that FA was mafia from post syntax. So no, it wasn't concrete evidence, it was speculation, and do remember that he believed Akruaito was 90% mafia. So if we lynched her later and she flipped town, we'd see just how concrete his evidence was. If she flipped mafia, great, all it shows is that MM is pretty good at analyzing meta. Which, if I recall correctly, is generally frowned upon around here. If he had any evidence other than this, he did not opt to share it with me, and I can't imagine any reason he would have lied about it to me.

    As for the update, the lack of flavor text indicates to me a lynch protection moreso than governor. (The governor was poisoned at the beginning of this story anyway. :P)
    You're wrong on nearly every account. Your information is out of date. It was more concrete than just post syntax. It was the same phrases repeated over and over. I don't think that it counts as meta if the meta in question is from this game. He didn't lie to you, he just withheld information. Why? Because he didn't trust you. And neither do I, for that matter.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  5. #275
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    I still wanted flavor text. But still.... O_o

  6. #276
    Mr. F's Bulbawife Hitomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    930
    Blog Entries
    16

    Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    You're wrong on nearly every account. Your information is out of date. It was more concrete than just post syntax. It was the same phrases repeated over and over. I don't think that it counts as meta if the meta in question is from this game. He didn't lie to you, he just withheld information. Why? Because he didn't trust you. And neither do I, for that matter.
    Please, elaborate. It's difficult to have any idea of what you're accusing me of if all you're saying is "you don't have all the info."

    Okay, then share it? What do you mean by "the same phrase repeated over and over"?

    If you're not going to be helpful by withholding potential important information, you aren't helping the town, you know. The town is supposed to work together to bring down the mafia, not for one person to have cryptic information they don't feel like divulging with everyone else. =/

    EDIT: Also, "he didn't trust you and neither do I" is ridiculous if he was basing his trust on me solely on the fact that I didn't PM him begging him to share his foolproof information with me. Like I shared with you, I decided to try a more analytical approach to the situation. I turned out wrong, but at least I tried to think for myself. If that alone makes me suspicious, then allow me to facepalm myself into a migraine.
    Last edited by Hitomi; 30th October 2012 at 11:23 AM.

  7. #277
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,952
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GliscorMan View Post
    You're wrong on nearly every account. Your information is out of date. It was more concrete than just post syntax. It was the same phrases repeated over and over. I don't think that it counts as meta if the meta in question is from this game. He didn't lie to you, he just withheld information. Why? Because he didn't trust you. And neither do I, for that matter.
    Please, elaborate. It's difficult to have any idea of what you're accusing me of if all you're saying is "you don't have all the info."

    Okay, then share it? What do you mean by "the same phrase repeated over and over"?

    If you're not going to be helpful by withholding potential important information, you aren't helping the town, you know. The town is supposed to work together to bring down the mafia, not for one person to have cryptic information they don't feel like divulging with everyone else. =/

    EDIT: Also, "he didn't trust you and neither do I" is ridiculous if he was basing his trust on me solely on the fact that I didn't PM him begging him to share his foolproof information with me. Like I shared with you, I decided to try a more analytical approach to the situation. I turned out wrong, but at least I tried to think for myself. If that alone makes me suspicious, then allow me to facepalm myself into a migraine.
    You're conveniently missing the point. We are working together, in spite of people like you. Look, Mew is incredible at finding who's scum. He didn't simply ignore you for no reason. Likewise, I don't exactly trust you either. Your actions in this game have lead me to think you're working against the town.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post

    Hitomi: I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that I was right about FinalArcadia, that I was obviously Town, and that Akuraito would be a good target no matter how FinalArcadia flipped, without ever speaking to me. You joined the bandwagon very late, but were very complimentary of me, practically confirming me as a Townie. You can't see my face right now, but my eyebrow is raised. You are hereby FoS'd.
    Look, I can't help but see things like this. And you seemed to like defending FinalArcadia until it seemed inevitable (and if I recall you didn't even vote him), as well as pushing a lynch on Akuraito (as Mew said) even if FA flipped town.

    Also: new theory regarding the mysterious lack of flavor text. Perchance there was a Mafia ability in which all votes were counted as 0 for the day? Like a paralyzer or something?
    Last edited by GliscorMan; 30th October 2012 at 02:27 PM.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  8. #278
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Bulba was down so I couldn't make the update time. Update pending.

  9. #279
    shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    862
    Blog Entries
    8
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-28-12] [Day 4 - Rainstorm]



    The young man stood at the edges of the street, laughing while taking a puff of his cigarette. He was doing his best to help, but in the end his own survival was worth much more than any silly mind games. His tousled blond hair fell in his face from under a smooth brown felt hat, and he was wearing very raggedy clothes - obviously this man was used to roughing it. His blue eyes appeared to be gleaming in the darkness as he silently observed the city - the whole world seemed to be tinted ashen gray in the pale moonlight, but the first rays of morning light were beginning to seep over the horizon. Slowly, very marginally, the world began to light up as the sky caught fire with the dawn of the new day. Red and pink fiery rays twirled through the atmosphere, streaking the sky with an unearthly light. The sunlight was absolutely gorgeous; no one could deny that. Unfortunately, it was the last one the young man would ever see. As he stood in the dawn light, gazing at the sky, a young woman crept up behind him. She was slow, stealthy in her movements, and she took him completely by surprise, paralyzing him from his neck down. She wasn't even carrying a gun - she was able to finish the job and kill him with her own bare hands. Looking around fleetingly, she assessed the area. Of course nobody had seen her. She was very calculated in all of this - she knew nobody would be around. With one apathetic look at the man's cold body, she stalked away into the shadows.





    It is now Day 5. This phase will end October 31st at 9:30 PM EDT.
    9/15 players remain.

  10. #280
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,952
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    *insert several epithets here*

    AVENGE ME!

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  11. #281
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Vote: Feralize Need I say more?

  12. #282
    WHAT. Laterose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    METEORIC HELL.
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Well, I'm glad you were on our side.

    EDIT: @Leavanny Duo: Yes. Why Feralize?

  13. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Quote Originally Posted by Leavanny Duo View Post
    Vote: Feralize Need I say more?
    Yeah, you do need to say more.

  14. #284
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Seems very scummy, especially after...... THAT MAFIA.

  15. #285
    WHAT. Laterose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    METEORIC HELL.
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Oakwood Mafia [10-29-12] [Night 4 - Confusion]

    Scummy how?

    Other mafia games have nothing to do with this.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •