Mafia: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14] - Page 6

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 1 - Dawn of uncertainty [10-24]

I overexplained, it's a bad habit but it's not scummy unless there's an ulterior motive - and there isn't. If you think there is then say so instead of beating around the bush with vague accusations like "gut feelings" that are impossible to respond to.

As for me supposedly following Phoenicks, that's a peculiar thing to say given that I was the first to question his approach and the last to embrace it.

While we're (apparently) sharing gut feelings, however, Missingno's passive-aggressive strategy of accusing anyone or everyone until something sticks without ever really committing has me suspicious.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

The communion continued long into the day’s end. Only one consensus would be reached.

Would it be a good one? That was the lone question on everyone's minds.

It's now Night 1. Phase should end on October 29 at 8pm GMT -5.

PHASE NOTE: There's a chance future phases might be fubared due to the giant storm sitting on the east coast. Just letting you guys know now.

Here's the deal.

If there is no power outage, then I will update at the regularly scheduled time. This applies for all upcoming phases until the storm departs.

-Parma
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Night 1 - Standoff [10-28]

i'm doing this now. gotten lucky so far and i'm not waiting anymore hence early update.

The first night descended upon them. Only in one house was someone awake.

The waiter left the bathroom with a much clearer mind. He didn’t have the lights on in his house because he felt more comfortable walking around in the dark. But now he had to walk back to his bed. He stood at the edge of the hallway and took one step. Unfortunately for him, he missed his mark.

He did not expect the stairs.

He also did not take into account someone waiting for him at the staircase’s bottom. The second his body finished tumbling down the stairs, he was done for.

It is now Day 2. Phase ends November 1 at 8PM GMT -5.

PHASE NOTE: There's a chance that the update for the next phase might be extended due to the giant storm. Just letting you guys know now.

Here's the deal.

If there is no power outage, then I will update at the regularly scheduled time. This applies for all upcoming phases until the storm departs.

-Parma
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 2 - You were warned. [10-29]

Oh. Okay, then... Missingno.'s cleared, I guess.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    You know, Buoy, even through your childlike typing style, I agree with you. He would only care about getting the wrong impression if he is a mafioso. Also, if he were to lead a lynch on me, he knows it will lead to his downfall.
    I'd like some elaboration on this post. The third sentence strikes me as being forced, and that's without taking into account that it doesn't make much sense. Why would this be his downfall?

It makes a lot of sense to me, and looking at the analyzed posts made by everyone, makes me very tempted to vote Master Mew. He could, however, be a very scummy-looking townie, so I will not vote until we get more information about him.
    Let's forget what everyone thinks and analyses. What do you think?

Blog Entries

@Sputnik You were unwilling to accuse me for my scumminess in-thread (and yes, that is an admission of poor play), but seemed awfully eager to jump behind Buoy when he questioned me. I'm guessing you were just annoyed with me for FoS'ing you, but you're acting a bit like a weather-vane (i.e. jumping behind whatever the public concensus is repeatedly). Couple this with you thanking Phoenicks for making you feel good about your vote... very strange.

Also, you called Buoy, "child-like," and that's just rude.

@Atomic You only made three posts on Day 1 - two questions and one "waiting for more discussion" post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    And where will a no lynch get us, exactly?
    Okay, so let's sit around and do nothing and wait for the mafia to kill us all?
    Okay, instantly voting no lynch will get us nowhere. If we lynch someone it'll at least get us information. Even if we just vote randomly and don't lynch anyone it'll give us something to analyze later. Right now I'm waiting for more people to join in the discussion before I place my vote.
    None of these posts were (in my opinion) substantive.

@Buoy Something is off here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I read that. It doesn't change the fact that you made me feel like I was playing Mafia the "wrong" way for voting no lynch first-thing. :/
    You voted No Lynch for the wrong reasons. That's why. There's no doubt that voting No Lynch was, as already said, optimal for our situation, but you were doing it for entirely the wrong reasons, which is why Zenax took it upon himself to discuss it with you.
    There was "no doubt" that voting No Lynch was optimal? Then where were you during that debate? And why did you later find it suspicious when I voted No Lynch? Much like Sputnik, you're acting like a weather-vane.

@Zenax When TheMissingno. commented on how you jumped in to explain "how mafia games actually work," you reacted defensively. He didn't appear to be attacking you, so why so serious?

@Gama Howdy.

@Phoenicks Questioner-of-many, accuser-of-none. Tell us how you really feel. Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    What strikes me most is that there were lots of arguments for lynching before I posted and none after. That tells me that the mafia are not pushing against me. So, all you people who were arguing for lynches before: where are you?
    You completely ignored my suggestion of a reasoned lynch (making your statement that there were lots of arguments for lynching before you posted and "none after" a lie). Why are you trying to rewrite history?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    But can the players last 3 days?
    I'm not trying to cherry-pick quotes here, but that was a really ominous thing to say.

@Midorikawa In a 72-hour Phase, you only posted three times, and always to say you agreed with Atomic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Sound like me Atomic. Voting no lynch will get us no where. Voting gives information. Voting No lynch makes me think that you're afraid of being lynched and not afraid of being nightkilled because you're mafia. Of course that's only one possibility. You may just be a townie afraid of being lynched. Otherwise no lynch is getting us nowhere.
    What he's saying I think is that he's going to wait for more info before voting. Let's wait for others to post that haven't yet.
    I was explaining to a confused player and stating that we should see what others say as well before rushing into anything.

@Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?
    It was because of the buddying statement. I don't have anything of substance besides that, so it's just mild suspicion. I'd call her out if I had anything more.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Master Mew; I said I agree with Atomic in one post, not all three. I was stating my opinion, and after my last one I've been watching to see the others posts.

Blog Entries

@Master Mew; I said I agree with Atomic in one post, not all three. I was stating my opinion, and after my last one I've been watching to see the others posts.
    The second one isn't Atomic, you're right. Sorry about that. But the first post was to agree with Atomic and the third post was to defend agreeing with Atomic.

My apologies, for some reason I thought the "he" in your second post was Atomic (who is a girl - boy is my face red).

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

The second one isn't Atomic, you're right. Sorry about that. But the first post was to agree with Atomic and the third post was to defend agreeing with Atomic.

My apologies, for some reason I thought the "he" in your second post was Atomic (who is a girl - boy is my face red).
    Again nothing to do with Atomic. I was explaining explaining something to Sputnik.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

MENTION=48544]Zenax When TheMissingno. commented on how you jumped in to explain "how mafia games actually work," you reacted defensively. He didn't appear to be attacking you, so why so serious?
    Let's put a smile on that face!

*ahem*

Actually, if you read over his post...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Ah, I see we have the typical "no lynch" vs "random vote" argument that happens in almost every single game, followed by [Zenax, Phoenicks, Ryuutakeshi, etc.] explaining how mafia games are actually played. TheMissingno. was disappointed, but he was not surprised.

Now Zenax, if you could indulge the thread further, please tell me why I shouldn't vote for you right now.
    I considered the underline part to be rather aggressive, and I don't think it was for a bad reason. (because, y'know, being voted for is the end of the world.)

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

@Parma; I'm very sorry, but I'd like to request a sub. I've been unexpectedly busy and have barely had time for mafia games, so I don't think it'd be fair if I continued playing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    I considered the underline part to be rather aggressive, and I don't think it was for a bad reason. (because, y'know, being voted for is the end of the world.)
    That makes sense.

Except that that wasn't the part you reacted defensively to. Here's what I was referring to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Ah, I see we have the typical "no lynch" vs "random vote" argument that happens in almost every single game, followed by [Zenax, Phoenicks, Ryuutakeshi, etc.] explaining how mafia games are actually played. TheMissingno. was disappointed, but he was not surprised.
    Pardon me for sharing my viewpoint on what I thought was a dumb situation, it won't happen again.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

That wasn't defensive, though, that was sarcasm. There was not much else to be said about that part of his post.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Drat. Thanks Parma!
    That's nice.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast