Mafia: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14] - Page 14

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 247
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14]

  1. #196
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,022
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Baron Dante Does your fresh perspective yield any insights?

    I'm at a loss, people aren't answering questions - I'm guessing the mafia is betting on inactivity and hoping to ride it out to another no lynch.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  2. #197
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Master Mew; Not particularly. I did go through the thread, but I need to recheck a bit.

    Though, if a No lynch happens, it won't exactly make the Town's situation any worse, if there are two Mafia, as logic would say. It would mean that we'd need to get 2 Mafia out of 5 players.

    But yeah, I'd say there were some things I was curious about, so I'll do a quick check and then post on them.

  3. #198
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Vote: Sputnik

    She was lying about me removing any content. I really only fixed a spelling error
    I still think this is a bit odd. Sputnik was town, so what reason would've she had to lie about this?

    But, what bugs me even moreso, is that according to Phoeniks, "DB, you are misinterpreting her post entirely".

    The first thing I question is how can you misinterpret "I think she removed content, actually XD". I can't see any way you could confuse fixing a typo with "removing" something.

    @Phoeniks; Please, clarify how was DB misinterpreting the post. I see nothing wrong with it, and my conclusion at the end of the post is related to this. Thus, it's important that the possiblity of me making a mistake due to failing to see something is removed.


    Another thing that has been bugging me for a long time is... Buoy. I know he has the tendency to make posts and such about "how games should be played", such as these "y u want to life" and "Stahp being scummy pls" posts, but this game it's been rather... constant, and dominating. So much so, I would even say they are actually distracting us from seeing what's going on in the game.

    I'm not saying they aren't valid points, obviously, but I don't think they are relevant to this particular game.

    This leads me to this: DB, who claimed Sputnik was Mafia due to lying about the edit nobody else saw (Not necessarily directly, but implied), lied about the edit to have Sputnik lynched. Meanwhile, she and Buoy keep up this ridiculous argument about playing for yourself to survive to prevent people from focusing on what Master Mew pointed out way earlier, that the most likely option is that one of them is Mafia, the other is Town.

    This would make Buoy and Dark Blueberry the two Mafia.

  4. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Feralize is now known as Light Bringer.

  5. #200
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Baron Dante; Buoy was killed last night.

    However, since we are now in MyLo (if there were three mafia we would be in endgame, but Nick covered this a while ago anyway), a no lynch would be beneficial for today. Still, I'd like to hear some people's thoughts on the other players.

  6. #201
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Zenax; ..that was slightly depressing. :/

    Eh, there wasn't too much else that really caught my eye there. It would be helpful if there was NEW discussion though.

  7. #202
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,671
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    When Buoy was actually killed, I was taken aback. I know I got heated and said some rude things to him that if HE doesn't care about sacrificing, then HE should die - but then he really did die... ;_; I didn't expect that, and it looks pretty obvious that the mafia saw my post and took it to action.

  8. #203
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Sorry again Parma -- I took an internet break to get some things handled.

    Looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Phoenicks;

    You said that was strikingly fast for a reader - but I had been reading the posts when Parma first asked me to sub in, and I was already over half-way reading through the posts when I asked you to give me some time.
    Okay. Your explanation is noted. And the fact that I didn't ask for one is noted too. You have a guilty conscience.

    That quote pyramid with Buoy was rather heated indeed. Maybe I got a little too worked up over his posts, but those were my opinions.
    You can't both defend yourself for being "worked up" and at the same time admit fault, as you appear to be doing. You're trying to play both sides of the crowd.

    Also, Sputnik saying that she "thought" I removed any content would make people believe her that I actually did so - when in reality I only fixed a spelling error. I got upset over that and asked Mintaka if mods could see pre-edited posts. She told me that while mods can see 'deleted' posts, it wasn't in their power to see posts before they were edited.

    So in short, no one would believe either of us, and instead of leaving people to believe what they want, I should do anything to defend myself. Anything - however trivial, could lead to a lynch.
    You accused her of lying when she said that she "thought" that you edited content. From an outsider's point of view, you turned something minor into a big deal. You did not just deny what she said; you tried to turn it against her. She flipped town.

    @Phoenicks You included this quote-block in your post, but didn't comment on it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    @Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?
    It was because of the buddying statement. I don't have anything of substance besides that, so it's just mild suspicion. I'd call her out if I had anything more.
    So you're willing to put suspicion on her but not enough to move forward with any investigation of your own?

    What more would you need to call out Sputnik? With no investigations, abilities, or roles, at what point do you decide "I"ll call her out"?
    Preferably (and I know this is going to sound bad) some meta or something more definite about her posts - a slip, a pattern, anything. By "call her out" I mean "present evidence on which to start a lynch". If you guys think what I stated is enough, by all means, go for it. But I still am not very sure on her alignment and I'm not sure I'd start a lynch on her right now.
    Were you going somewhere with this?[/QUOTE]

    Probably. I don't remember what I was going to say. I would say now: she talked herself out of a corner. Light Bringer (Feralize) put suspicion on Sputnik but not enough to do any scumhunting herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Twice you've responded to the critiques of dead players. Anything on your mind to make you self-conscious enough to respond to dead players?
    I was responding to Master Mew with the first quote, who is still alive, not Missingno.

    If you look closely enough at the second, you will see that this was 1) my first post in a while because I went inactive on day 2 and 2) relevant to the situation, because I voiced my FoS on Sputnik in the same post.
    I need to double-check that because that's not what I remember thinking. However with only a few minutes to phase change as of writing this sentence I'm going to finish this post and check later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Just like that, before Parma changes the update, I honestly doubt that Phoenicks miscounted the votes considering how he went through most of the posts this phase, so if Sputnik does flip mafia then I'd bet on him for being the remaining mafia.
    Nice try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Vote: Sputnik

    She was lying about me removing any content. I really only fixed a spelling error
    I still think this is a bit odd. Sputnik was town, so what reason would've she had to lie about this?

    But, what bugs me even moreso, is that according to Phoeniks, "DB, you are misinterpreting her post entirely".

    The first thing I question is how can you misinterpret "I think she removed content, actually XD". I can't see any way you could confuse fixing a typo with "removing" something.

    @Phoeniks; Please, clarify how was DB misinterpreting the post. I see nothing wrong with it, and my conclusion at the end of the post is related to this. Thus, it's important that the possiblity of me making a mistake due to failing to see something is removed.
    DB accused Sputnik of "lying" when Sputnik said that she "thought" that DB had changed her post. DB made it a big deal when Sputnik hadn't. Since Sputnik flipped innocent, we know which one was distorting the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Feralize is now known as Light Bringer.
    You paid enough attention to the thread to announce your change but not enough to post.

    Okay I'm running out of time to finish this post but I'll say that my FOS's are Feralize and DB. Zenax ranks slightly beneath them. Look through my posts to figure out why if my criticisms of their behavior haven't been clear enough yet.

  9. #204
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,671
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Phoenicks;

    Ya know... all your posting leaves me a feeling that you're saying everyone except yourself is scummy. You appear once in a while to make those epic long posts and say that it's all part of scummy behavior. Then, what about you? By attempting to clarify things and sort out info, you appear to look neutral and town-ish, but all the while, there's a possibility you could be mafia.

  10. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Feralize is now known as Light Bringer.
    You paid enough attention to the thread to announce your change but not enough to post.
    Actually, I was out when I changed my name and posted that message immediately after. I posted regardless of not being caught up because it's respectful to the host. I am home and caught up now, though, and thinking a few things over before I make another post.

  11. #206
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Nice try.
    Not liking that someone called you out on something?

  12. #207
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Phoeniks; You didn't explain why you said we were in Twilight, when we weren't though. You just ignored most of it, and simply told Zenax "Nice try" in relation to it. So... why did you do it again?

  13. #208
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,671
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Vote: Phoenicks

  14. #209
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    Feralize is now known as Light Bringer.
    You paid enough attention to the thread to announce your change but not enough to post.
    Actually, I was out when I changed my name and posted that message immediately after. I posted regardless of not being caught up because it's respectful to the host. I am home and caught up now, though, and thinking a few things over before I make another post.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Nice try.
    Not liking that someone called you out on something?
    No. That was referring to you placing suspicion on me if sputnik flipped scum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    @Phoeniks; You didn't explain why you said we were in Twilight, when we weren't though. You just ignored most of it, and simply told Zenax "Nice try" in relation to it. So... why did you do it again?
    I thought that update time was 8 PM my time, so I didn't think that I had enough time to explain this one. Happily, I do: it was one of those tells I put forward to see who catches them. It's much easier to scumhunt when you can watch how people react instead of arguing with them head on. I'm fairly confident in my FOS's now so I can explain: it's a reaction test. When post length goes up, most players start to skim. It gives me more to go on than regular posts.

    Little things like: You repeatedly omit the "c" in my username while you're trying to give me a notification. If you were communicating outside thread and talking about me, you would probably have never omitted the "c." (No: I'm not saying that one tell like that tells me to not suspect you. It's one data point I'm using with others to make an informed guess about your alliance.)

    The more I give vague, cryptic in-thread posts, the more you all give me those small nuggets that help me scumhunt. With those I can build a case. Until then, back-and-forth arguments-as-scumhunting only decrease activity -- other players are discouraged from jumping into the middle of a contentious argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Phoenicks;

    Ya know... all your posting leaves me a feeling that you're saying everyone except yourself is scummy. You appear once in a while to make those epic long posts and say that it's all part of scummy behavior. Then, what about you? By attempting to clarify things and sort out info, you appear to look neutral and town-ish, but all the while, there's a possibility you could be mafia.
    Everyone except me can be scummy because I know that I'm innocent. I've argued with scum before and it doesn't get me anywhere; they'll argue to derail you and then, when you've lynched them, nothing valuable is left. You accused me of being scummy for "attempting to clarify things and sort out info;" you're trying to frame me as scummy for scumhunting. If you had posted earlier, I would've called this towntelling; however, you're posting against me when everyone else is moving against me -- when you think you can get support.

    Maintaining the assumption of 2 mafia and 4 townies, today is MYLO. Today, we have to lynch mafia or not lynch -- in which case we have to lynch mafia tomorrow. We have another dayphase to vote. I could vote for you today -- but it's easier to mislynch during MYLO than during LYLO. Considering the current makeup of the thread, I'm concerned that if I voted now everyone would vote now and mislynch on me. Especially so close to update time, it's easy for people to rush and mess up at the crucial moment. So for now: FOS: Dark Blueberry.

  15. #210
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Phoenicks; I was just looking at my post before you made your post and saw the mistake in mentioning you. Since editing it afterwards won't do anything (IIRC), I left it be. It was a small typo, but you made your point well.

    And I still do think the most likely Mafia now would be DB. However, as you said, it's way better if there's one less player to make "guesswork" on.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •