Mafia: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14] - Page 13

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 247
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14]

  1. #181
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,662
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default

    @Buoy; I take it that you don't have to stay alive, as you seem so selfless and willing to sacrifice for everyone? Okay. So you don't care if you win or not - or the town wins or not. You don't care if you get killed - so next phase, why don't you die for extra information for the rest of town?

    I'm tired of you picking on every single word in my post and asking me questions on why I don't want to be lynched or why I want to live. Right, I'm taking a short break here. Gotta take some time to cool off and rethink things through.

  2. #182
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]



    It looked like everything was coming together. The plans were coming into force. Half of the town wanted to lynch their designed target. However, the other half of the town decided to just talk. Arguments erupted.

    "Progress? This isn’t progress at all!" "Oh, like you’ve got some nerve!"

    Eventually those arguments were resolved. With a sizeable amount of people agreeing for this person to be a suspect, they hung him on the noose.



    It is now Night 3. Phase ends on November 7th at 12AM GMT-5.

    I will not be around to update at the usual time tomorrow night, hence the slightly extended phase.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

  3. #183
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Night 3 - A first time for everything [11-5]



    It was one of those nights again. The headlights of a small car woke nobody up. He had zoomed back in his parking spot. The party that he had just exited was one of the wildest that he had participated in for some time. These parties were simply opportunities to participate in bouts of escapism from these trials.

    Did he feel a sense of foreboding doom? No.

    But as he left the car, all he could think about was how the night had ended. He did not see his doom coming.



    It is now Day 4. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

    Phase ends November 10th at 8PM GMT-5
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

  4. #184
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,008
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

    @Phoenicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    We're now in twilight.
    Why did you say this? We were not in fact in twilight at the time. You mentioned not finding Sputnik suspicious - you turned out to be right, but I seem to have missed where you explained how you arrived at that conclusion.

    @Zenax
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    Just like that, before Parma changes the update, I honestly doubt that Phoenicks miscounted the votes considering how he went through most of the posts this phase, so if Sputnik does flip mafia then I'd bet on him for being the remaining mafia.
    Seemed like an astute observation - until Sputnik flipped Town and I realized you'd just given Phoenicks a conditional pass on this issue. Pre-emptive conditional suspicion is, in my experience, rarely expressed by Townies - it is usually a Mafia gambit tool.

    The flipside of this, of course, is that you're an experienced player and surely know that - and so the WIFOM kicks in. But if you are Town, couldn't this observation have waited? The fact that you felt the need to express it prior to the update suggests to me that you felt you would not be able to make this observation after the update - because you knew Sputnik would not flip Town.

    @Dark Blueberry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Nobody participated in this game because they wanted to get lynched/killed. Same for me - same for all of you. We all wanna live and survive till the end of the game to win.
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to live - in fact, after catching scum, not getting lynched is the most important duty of any Townie. Why? Well I'll tell you, but it's not for the reason you gave: You (if you are Town) know that you are Town - you are confirmed (though only to yourself). You should always avoid letting the Town pursue false leads against a confirmed Townie. (P.S. You should also avoid becoming a false lead for the Town, here referring to your professed playstyle)

    The reason you gave instead, however, is troubling: To "survive till the end of the game to win." That's the Mafia's win condition, not the Town's.

    @Leavanny Duo
    You've been uncharacteristically quiet. /meta

    @Feralize
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    I could not agree more with Buoy right now.

    A. We need to make progress of some sort. Sitting around and staying quiet is pointless and will get us nowhere.

    B. Sputnik is making quite possibly the worst defense I've seen lately - "don't lynch me because I'm town and you'll look bad". At this point, I think all of us are prepared to take that risk.

    C. Sputnik, you've been avoiding my questions left and right.

    VOTE: Sputnik
    There was only one vote on Sputnik at the time - Buoy's. Buoy tends to vote early and often, so if we dug up a better lead it wouldn't have been hard to turn this bandwagon around. So, "We need to make progress of some sort," (your Reason A for voting when you did) was a false dichotomy - we could have made progress of some sort by lynching someone else - Sputnik's lynch was, at the time, far from inevitable. I voted for her, too, but at that point there were three votes on her already. You cemented this bandwagon. Not necessarily suspicious in and of itself, but worth noting.

    What is suspicious is the time at which you chose to do so - we still had plenty of time left in the Phase to vote, but you chose to vote Sputnik in the midst of two debates: One between Buoy and Sputnik, and another between Dark Blueberry and myself. Ironically this did not take the heat off of Dark Blueberry, as Buoy proceeded to question her, but it did ensure that the threat of a DB lynch was not imminent.

    FoS: Dark Blueberry
    FoS: Everybody else.


    tl;dr I'm confused all to heck.


    The way I see it, here are the possible mafia pairs:

    Phoenicks/Zenax <-- Phoenicks either misread the thread or was gambiting for a no lynch - then Zenax implies Phoenicks will only be suspicious if Sputnik flips Town.

    Dark Blueberry/Feralize <-- Dark Blueberry very likely would have been the lynch on Day 3 if Sputnik hadn't been, and it was Feralize's vote that turned a single Sputnik vote into a bandwagon just as DB was beginning to take heat.

    Leavanny Duo/??? <-- This is a minor one, based soley on inactivity. Player is subbed out for inactivity, and then their sub is uncharacteristically silent as well.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  5. #185
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,117
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Sory, I just have so much going on right now......

    Dark Blueberry's FoS kind of makes sense. Even if the player has power back from Sandy, it's strange that they've been inactive.

    So, Vote: Dark Blueberry.

  6. #186
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,662
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Leavanny Duo; Are you referring that to me?

    I took a break to clear my mind. I have nothing to do with Sandy.

  7. #187
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Seemed like an astute observation - until Sputnik flipped Town and I realized you'd just given Phoenicks a conditional pass on this issue. Pre-emptive conditional suspicion is, in my experience, rarely expressed by Townies - it is usually a Mafia gambit tool.

    The flipside of this, of course, is that you're an experienced player and surely know that - and so the WIFOM kicks in. But if you are Town, couldn't this observation have waited? The fact that you felt the need to express it prior to the update suggests to me that you felt you would not be able to make this observation after the update - because you knew Sputnik would not flip Town.
    The reason I made this observation before the update was because no one called out Phoenicks on anything so far, and if I happened to be the mafia's target tonight, then I couldn't have voiced my suspicion at all and he could have kept on flying under the radar, unnoticed by everyone else. Waiting would not have been beneficial to anyone.

    Regarding the underlined part, feel free to take it to the mafia philosophy thread, because that's a meta statement on which I disagree on.

  8. #188
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,008
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    The reason I made this observation before the update was because no one called out Phoenicks on anything so far, and if I happened to be the mafia's target tonight, then I couldn't have voiced my suspicion at all and he could have kept on flying under the radar, unnoticed by everyone else. Waiting would not have been beneficial to anyone.
    I suppose that's understandable. Should I assume, by your use of the phrase, "flying under the radar," that you are still suspicous of Phoenicks?
    Regarding the underlined part, feel free to take it to the mafia philosophy thread, because that's a meta statement on which I disagree on.
    Promise I won't get infracted for thread necromancy?

    To clarify: Statements of conditional suspicion strike me as scummy because they invariably generate WIFOM - which generally results in both the allegation and the source of the allegation being relegated to indiscernible and dismissed.

    @Dark Blueberry You took the time to respond to Leavanny Duo's post, but not mine.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  9. #189
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,662
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    @Master Mew;

    Yeah, technically, you don't have to survive till the end if anyone in your alignment wins - cuz you also get a win.

    I was implying that anyone would like to survive and see to the end - be the one to actually bring down the last opponent, and get the honor of being mentioned at the very last post of the update - where you take part in the final "battle". I guess not many people actually want that?

  10. #190
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,008
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I was implying that anyone would like to survive and see to the end - be the one to actually bring down the last opponent, and get the honor of being mentioned at the very last post of the update - where you take part in the final "battle". I guess not many people actually want that?
    Sure they do. We all want to survive until the end. I'm not questioning your intentions, I already said it's normal for Townies to want to survive the game - in fact, it's crucial that Townies survive the game.

    I'm questioning your phrasing. You said: "survive till the end of the game to win." That's the Mafia's win condition, not the Town's.

    Perhaps I should have been more clear, I'm suggesting that was a slip.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  11. #191
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,662
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I was implying that anyone would like to survive and see to the end - be the one to actually bring down the last opponent, and get the honor of being mentioned at the very last post of the update - where you take part in the final "battle". I guess not many people actually want that?
    Sure they do. We all want to survive until the end. I'm not questioning your intentions, I already said it's normal for Townies to want to survive the game - in fact, it's crucial that Townies survive the game.

    I'm questioning your phrasing. You said: "survive till the end of the game to win." That's the Mafia's win condition, not the Town's.

    Perhaps I should have been more clear, I'm suggesting that was a slip.

    You were reading too deep into that. From what I said about surviving till the end of the game to win - I just explained it in my last post. To be the surviving winner - not the dead winner.

  12. #192
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]



    @Baron Dante; replaces Leavanny Duo. Confirm your role, please.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

  13. #193
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I suppose that's understandable. Should I assume, by your use of the phrase, "flying under the radar," that you are still suspicous of Phoenicks?
    Considering how Sputnik flipped town, not particularly.

    Promise I won't get infracted for thread necromancy?

    To clarify: Statements of conditional suspicion strike me as scummy because they invariably generate WIFOM - which generally results in both the allegation and the source of the allegation being relegated to indiscernible and dismissed.
    This doesn't apply to that thread. :p

    I can understand that, but that's really just something I posted in the case I died, which would have removed the doubt about the veracity of my statement.

  14. #194
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]

    Confirming my role now.

  15. #195
    shhhhh.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Linfa's throne
    Posts
    6,612
    Blog Entries
    40

    Follow Parma on Tumblr

    Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 4 - Time slips away. [11-7]



    activity wanted. please and thank you.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •