Mafia: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14] - Page 12

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14]

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Vote: Sputnik

She was lying about me removing any content. I really only fixed a spelling error

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

I guess I can confirm now?

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pardon my inactivity; I've half-attempted several wallposts and stopped every time. This will be shorter than planned. Some notes:

-Elaborate disccussions between two/three players lock discussion and discourage other people from jumping in. Master Mew, Buoy, Sputnik, and Dark Blueberry have all engaged in this behavior. At least one is probably mafia.

-10 hours passed between Gama asking for a sub and being nightkilled. Where were the mafia? If Gama was their biggest concern, and subbed out, then they should've switched out. The mafia were likely inactive.

-We're now in twilight. We should get everyone to state their position on Sputnik before Parma comes online so we can compare after she flips:

Sputnik is not my top FOS. I think that some other players are more likely to be scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    All right, guys, we have an obvious problem here and the good news is it's easy to fix: People aren't voting.
    This is something simple for mafia to complain about while appearing to be town.

Zenax Sputnik Phoenicks Midorikawa (now Leavanny Duo) Gama (nightkilled)

^ Players who did not vote last Phase.
    Why did you edit this?

Quote Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew
    Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?
    It was because of the buddying statement. I don't have anything of substance besides that, so it's just mild suspicion. I'd call her out if I had anything more.
    Shouldn't you call even minor suspicions out?

Also I didn't find it but earlier you said something about a "gut feeling" which rubbed me the wrong way. Claiming "gut feeling" is a great way to put pressure on someone without having to contribute to the attack. It's a great out.

@Leavany Duo; What do you have to say about Midorikawa's posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    MENTION=48544]Zenax When TheMissingno. commented on how you jumped in to explain "how mafia games actually work," you reacted defensively. He didn't appear to be attacking you, so why so serious?
    Let's put a smile on that face!

*ahem*

Actually, if you read over his post...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Ah, I see we have the typical "no lynch" vs "random vote" argument that happens in almost every single game, followed by [Zenax, Phoenicks, Ryuutakeshi, etc.] explaining how mafia games are actually played. TheMissingno. was disappointed, but he was not surprised.

Now Zenax, if you could indulge the thread further, please tell me why I shouldn't vote for you right now.
    I considered the underline part to be rather aggressive, and I don't think it was for a bad reason. (because, y'know, being voted for is the end of the world.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    My overall forum activity was pretty craptastic in the last few days, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama
    Zenax;

Sadly, nothing much to go on. Lots of Zenax just being Zenax. I could comment on specific instances but there's nothing out of character or that really deserves particular mention. The only thing that I have noticed which deserves any commentary whatsoever is that he doesn't seem to have even hinted at having any FOSs. Haven't played many games with Zenax so I don't know how usual/unusual this is but I'd like to know if he has any.
    My main FoS at the moment is Sputnik. I asked not once, but twice to explain or elaborate what she meant by saying that if she were lynched, it would be Master Mew's downfall, and both times all I got was radio silence.
    Twice you've responded to the critiques of dead players. Anything on your mind to make you self-conscious enough to respond to dead players?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    @Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?
    It was because of the buddying statement. I don't have anything of substance besides that, so it's just mild suspicion. I'd call her out if I had anything more.
    So you're willing to put suspicion on her but not enough to move forward with any investigation of your own?

What more would you need to call out Sputnik? With no investigations, abilities, or roles, at what point do you decide "I"ll call her out"?
    Preferably (and I know this is going to sound bad) some meta or something more definite about her posts - a slip, a pattern, anything. By "call her out" I mean "present evidence on which to start a lynch". If you guys think what I stated is enough, by all means, go for it. But I still am not very sure on her alignment and I'm not sure I'd start a lynch on her right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Phoenicks;

Please give me some time to read through the thread. I'll respond when I grasp what's been going on here
    Atomic's posts were made fairly early in the game. But while I do agree that a no lynch would get us nowhere, what sort of info do we get from mislynching a townie? People talk about info - but what info? After Missingno was killed, all we got was just a dead townie. He wasn't contradicting anything, and there wasn't much anyone who turned up scummy after he was killed. Someone voted Master Mew...but I'm not sure if it's just me - cuz Master Mew doesn't seem scummy to me at all.

Since this is a vanilla game, the info we can get is extremely limited when someone dies. We don't have to lie about something like "I'm the bomb" and then get counterclaimed, resulting in a lynch. I'd have to say this is a very difficult game where all we can rely on is our opinions on other users playing/posting styles. Which, would put people like me at a huge disadvantage due to my bad habit of being scummy all the time regardless of my alignment.

I don't know if I answered what you wanted, but these are my thoughts, imo
    This was a 30-minute turn-around, strikingly fast. Re-reading this, you put your thought into the nature of the game and not the actual events of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I am also a "scummy" player. No matter what side I am really on, my posting style is considered to be anti-town. I understand why people consider it to be scummy, but I'm not going to change the way I play mafia just because people don't know me. They can lynch me for all I care. They'll figure out my style at some point.
    It's good to play as you feel is best, but do you think that other people should adjust to accommodate you?

Is it just me, or does this look like baiting? Sorry, but what you said would make anyone upset, and you're not being very civil here, imo. I know I'm not the host or any moderators here, but I'm also playing in this game and I'd like to point out that what you said seems to target people who generally have a habit of being scummy, and that you are shoving knives up our throats telling us to change or leave. I feel rather upset with what you said and you should see that everybody has different posting styles and it's up to how to accept diversity :P
    It's great to have different posting styles, but why should you expect other players to accommodate you?

The terms "scummy" and "townie" are descriptive adjectives. It is inconsistent to intentionally play "scummy" and complain when people think that you're scummy. Sometimes acting scummy is useful -- I've found success there.

tl;dr One of you is encouraging the other to play scummy and one of you is probably mafia.

Buoy and DB have a long exchange and I quoted a bunch of it and was going to respond and couldn't be bothered. I think that Buoy's aggression was a healthy towntell, and that the exchange was either town v. town or scum v. scum. I'm leaning toward the latter because:

Buoy was rather saying that our scummy posting styles were at fault and WE should be the ones to change. But, it's also my way of enjoying mafia games. People consider me scummy? Be it so - they're the ones at fault that they failed to see the general overall and get hyperreacrive over posting styles. Buoy is sort of saying the same thing that if we can't post in a way everyone would prefer, then that's not acceptable. He's not trying to accept diversity - and for friggin god's sake one vote won't kill you. The more you tell me to take off the vote, the more I'm starting to think you myst have some reason. Maybe you're a mafia and you want to prevent any possibilities of resulting in getting lynched. If you're town, trust that no one else would vote you - its as simple as that.
    So self-righteous.

Yes we are, however, no one screams mafia to me yet... Hopefully we will dig up more information and catch a mafioso today. :)
    Please enlighten us as to what exactly you're expecting. We have no roles to work with and apparently our other methods (meta, post analysis, etc) haven't been working thus far (if they've even been attempted). No one is going to jump out and scream "YES I'M MAFIA PLEASE LYNCH ME!!!!!111" (not again, anyway).

So let's start somewhere simple, I guess: Who do you find suspicious and why?
    Same question.

I think she removed content, actually. XD

She was lying about me removing any content. I really only fixed a spelling error
    >I think
    >She was lying

DB, you're misrepresenting her post entirely.

I could not agree more with Buoy right now.

A. We need to make progress of some sort. Sitting around and staying quiet is pointless and will get us nowhere.

I have three FOS's at this point and none of them are sputnik. Instead of screaming who they are, you can read my post and be an active player to figure it out.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Phoenicks;

You said that was strikingly fast for a reader - but I had been reading the posts when Parma first asked me to sub in, and I was already over half-way reading through the posts when I asked you to give me some time.

That quote pyramid with Buoy was rather heated indeed. Maybe I got a little too worked up over his posts, but those were my opinions.

Also, Sputnik saying that she "thought" I removed any content would make people believe her that I actually did so - when in reality I only fixed a spelling error. I got upset over that and asked Mintaka if mods could see pre-edited posts. She told me that while mods can see 'deleted' posts, it wasn't in their power to see posts before they were edited.

So in short, no one would believe either of us, and instead of leaving people to believe what they want, I should do anything to defend myself. Anything - however trivial, could lead to a lynch.
    Last edited by Paperhorse; 5th November 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Zenax Sputnik Phoenicks Midorikawa (now Leavanny Duo) Gama (nightkilled)

^ Players who did not vote last Phase.
    Why did you edit this?
    Didn't. Are you referring to the strikethroughs? I crossed out Midorikawa and Gama because they are out of the game now; one for subbing out, the other for being nightkilled. Chastising players who aren't in the game any more for not voting is unnecessary.

@Phoenicks You included this quote-block in your post, but didn't comment on it:
    @Feralize You mentioned finding Sputnik "mildly" suspicous, but didn't say why (unless it was that "buddying" thing you mentioned previously). So, um, why?
    So you're willing to put suspicion on her but not enough to move forward with any investigation of your own?

What more would you need to call out Sputnik? With no investigations, abilities, or roles, at what point do you decide "I"ll call her out"?
    Preferably (and I know this is going to sound bad) some meta or something more definite about her posts - a slip, a pattern, anything. By "call her out" I mean "present evidence on which to start a lynch". If you guys think what I stated is enough, by all means, go for it. But I still am not very sure on her alignment and I'm not sure I'd start a lynch on her right now.
    Were you going somewhere with this?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Twice you've responded to the critiques of dead players. Anything on your mind to make you self-conscious enough to respond to dead players?
    I was responding to Master Mew with the first quote, who is still alive, not Missingno.

If you look closely enough at the second, you will see that this was 1) my first post in a while because I went inactive on day 2 and 2) relevant to the situation, because I voiced my FoS on Sputnik in the same post.

Edit: We are not in twilight. There are currently 4 votes on Sputnik, not 5.
    Last edited by Zenax; 5th November 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries

So in short, no one would believe either of us, and instead of leaving people to believe what they want, I should do anything to defend myself. Anything - however trivial, could lead to a lynch.
    and

*HUMONGOUS SIGH*

why don't you want to be lynched?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Buoy; o_O Who the hell wants to be lynched? We all wanna live, no?

Blog Entries

why do you want to live

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    why do you want to live
    -.- why are you asking the obvious?

Blog Entries

why do you want to live
    how is that an obvious question?

why do you want to live? answer me.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

why do you want to live

Nobody participated in this game because they wanted to get lynched/killed. Same for me - same for all of you. We all wanna live and survive till the end of the game to win.

Blog Entries

why do you want to live

Nobody participated in this game because they wanted to get lynched/killed. Same for me - same for all of you. We all wanna live and survive till the end of the game to win.
    i never said anybody wanted to sign up to get killed, so that part of your answer is irrelevant. as for the rest of your answer, it's wrong. not everybody is selfish enough to keep themselves alive just because they want a personal win. i'm pretty tired of arguing this, but making decisions in order to not die is town-detrimental and anybody who does do so is, themselves, town-detrimental, so we're either dealing with a bad townie or scum if they're trying specifically not to die. \o/

Blog Entries

Well, we're approaching the deadline and no one has presented a defense of Sputnik (which in and of itself is troublesome), including Sputnik herself. The lack of a defense makes me uneasy, but the thought of a third no-lynch worries me more.

We're now in twilight.
    Now we are.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Just like that, before Parma changes the update, I honestly doubt that Phoenicks miscounted the votes considering how he went through most of the posts this phase, so if Sputnik does flip mafia then I'd bet on him for being the remaining mafia.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast