Mafia: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14] - Page 11

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nameless Mafia - Endgame - Mafia Win [11-14]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nameless Mafia - Day 3 - Clueless. [11-2]

Sometime between Zenax's most recent post and Sputnik's most recent post, @Dark Blueberry edited their most recent post.

You weren't the most recent poster (by three posts and more than ten minutes, no less), so you could have just posted again if you had something to add - and your post is still only one sentence long, so I'm not persuaded to believe that you added anything at all.

What did you change?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

I think she removed content, actually. XD

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Master Mew; Spelling error ;_; Surely you're not saying that editing because of spelling error is scummy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Master Mew; Spelling error ;_; Surely you're not saying that editing because of spelling error is scummy?
    No, I actually didn't say that. There's nothing scummy about a spelling error - which is why it would have been perfectly fine to leave it.

What I am saying is that I don't know what you edited out, because it's gone and neither I nor anyone else gets to see it (except Sputnik, who seems to be suggesting that you removed something). Remember: When we see an edited post, we instantly wonder what you didn't want us to see.

You've played these games before - apparently enough so to realize a pattern in your reception (i.e. you mentioned people always finding you 'scummy'), so surely you realize how dangerous it is to edit posts. For this reason, I can't help but conclude that whatever you altered, you calculated that it would have been more damaging to leave it than to get caught removing it.

Why risk getting accused of editing out a slip just to nix a spelling error?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    No, I actually didn't say that. There's nothing scummy about a spelling error - which is why it would have been perfectly fine to leave it.

What I am saying is that I don't know what you edited out, because it's gone and neither I nor anyone else gets to see it (except Sputnik, who seems to be suggesting that you removed something). Remember: When we see an edited post, we instantly wonder what you didn't want us to see.

You've played these games before - apparently enough so to realize a pattern in your reception (i.e. you mentioned people always finding you 'scummy'), so surely you realize how dangerous it is to edit posts. For this reason, I can't help but conclude that whatever you altered, you calculated that it would have been more damaging to leave it than to get caught removing it.

Why risk getting accused of editing out a slip just to nix a spelling error?
    I just fixed "not" to "nor" and nothing else. You can wonder about things I haven't done, but honestly, Sputnik is lying if she said I deleted something because I did not remove anything at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    The reason behind that was that I am town, and if he leads a lynch on me, he will have suspicion placed directly on him.
    No-one can lead a lynch without attracting some flak, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    Honestly, why would anyone think that? (Especially if they're town.) We are in a very tight position, and we do have to be cautious on who we lynch. We can't afford a single mislynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    All I'm saying is that I would be a very bad lynch choice at this point. We have no real proof as this is vanilla, so you have to take my word for it or learn the hard way.
    Not really. You're not adding to the game in a very constructive way, and you seem a little too wishy-washy for me (in terms of that contradiction I pointed out earlier -- which you never really responded to -- and more). From a neutral perspective, you'd be no big loss to the town -- you can only add to us in the same way as everybody else, and you're pretty much just a number in this game. We can afford at least one mislynch, as we're nowhere near MYLO, so I don't see where you're getting the idea from that we're not able to afford a mislynch. To me, your posts sound very much like the usual, "You're going to lose if you lynch me!" sort of nonsense, and you really only see that when people are trying to deflect a lynch from themselves -- who would be the #1 suspects for doing that? Hint: begins with 'm' and ends in 'afia'. In a vanilla game, you have really no reason to be doing so, because you're not a special snowflake or w/e; if you're town, you count just the same as the rest of us.

Vote: Sputnik.

Just one question: what makes you think that you'd be a "terrible lynch choice"? If you give reasoning that basically boils down to egotism, then I'm afraid that this vote is sticking.

Blog Entries

As scummy as I may appear, I am still a townie. Chances are, the next scummiest people are the actual mafia, and not me.

I swear to you, Buoy, if you lead a lynch on me, you will be the next one suspected. Just as I said about Master Mew.

Blog Entries

As scummy as I may appear, I am still a townie. Chances are, the next scummiest people are the actual mafia, and not me.

I swear to you, Buoy, if you lead a lynch on me, you will be the next one suspected. Just as I said about Master Mew.
    fear factor ten

i'm literally quaking in my socks at the thought of people SUSPECTING me!!!

as well as that, please answer my question

Blog Entries

I am a terrible lynch choice because I am a townie, and our progress will be slowed down even more. We can't afford a mislynch or we are going to lose.

Blog Entries

I am a terrible lynch choice because I am a townie, and our progress will be slowed down even more. We can't afford a mislynch or we are going to lose.
    and bam, that is where you're wrong

we can afford a mislynch

and great, you telling us you're a townie over and over is tons of help thx

Blog Entries

Why the hell would you intend on mislynching, Buoy? Is that how much you want me out of this game? XD

Blog Entries

Why the hell would you intend on mislynching, Buoy? Is that how much you want me out of this game? XD
    I'm intending on lynching. There's nothing to say that you're town except your word, and even that isn't very good, to be honest, given most of what you've said in this game already. Saying that we're going to lose if we lynch you does not help your case at all, as I've already explained earlier. I think you should look up 'AtE (Appeal to Emotion)' on Google. That's exactly what you're doing right now.

Blog Entries

I could not agree more with Buoy right now.

A. We need to make progress of some sort. Sitting around and staying quiet is pointless and will get us nowhere.

B. Sputnik is making quite possibly the worst defense I've seen lately - "don't lynch me because I'm town and you'll look bad". At this point, I think all of us are prepared to take that risk.

C. Sputnik, you've been avoiding my questions left and right.

VOTE: Sputnik

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Out of Sputnik's last six posts, five were pure 'don't lynch me because I'm town' AtE. There is only so much of this you can get away with.

Vote: Sputnik

Blog Entries

FoS: @Sputnik
    Note: The vote is coming, I just don't want to risk losing a day and a half of discussion because we hammered too early.

For your continued insistence that we should consider not lynching this phase (call me unreasonable, but I would say any lynch this Phase would be better than none - letting the Mafia control every kill is not a winning strategy).

FoS: @Dark Blueberry

Sputnik said she thinks you removed something when you edited your post. You said she's lying and that you just fixed a spelling error. These claims are mutually exclusive. Therefore: It is unlikely that you are both Town. There are only three possibilities:

A. One of you is Town and telling the truth, while the other is Mafia and lying. (Likely)

B. You are both Mafia and both lying in some bizarre gambit. (Feasible)

C. You are both Town and one of you is mistaken and/or lying for some ill-conceived reason. (Unlikely)

I'm betting it's the first one. In the end, I may be making a mountain out of a molehill here, but you can't both be telling the truth. My conclusion will hinge more upon the lying issue than the content of the edit - since it's impossible to know what it was. Hopefully this lynch will yield the needed information to draw a conclusion here.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast