original ruleset by zenax
1. To vote for someone, post Vote: Player in bold. To unvote, post Unvote: Player.
2. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of alive players/2) + 1, rounded down.
3. If there is no majority at the deadline, there will be no lynch. Day phases will last three days while night phases will last one day. I might consider extending them if needed.
4. The decisive vote on a bandwagon is called the hammer. When it is cast, the game falls in twilight, meaning that everyone save the lynched may talk freely until I can update the game. As soon as there is a majority of votes on someone, the player will be lynched no matter if the others unvote them afterward.
5. On that note, do not edit out your votes.
6. Once you are hammered, you may make one goodbye post containing no game-relevant information. Nothing more. You may not like posts after your death, either.
7. The thread will be locked during night phases.
8. If I see no activity from you in 72 hours, you will be prodded. If there is still no activity 24 hours after your prod, you will be subbed. After this, I will consider subbing you out if you keep being inactive. Note that this applies to active lurking as well.
I won't prod you if you tell me beforehand that you will be away for a certain time period. If you know that you will be away for a long period of time, however, you might not want to sign up and leave the spot for someone else.
9. Unless you are in the mafia, you may not talk about this game outside this thread.
10. Always play to fulfill your win condition.
11. Do not share your role PM in any way. This includes quoting specific parts of the message. If you're mafia, do not share the QuickTopic with anyone, either.
12. You may role claim all you want, but you may not name claim. This includes everything, even including hints.
13. As the host, I reserve the right to modify, remove or add rules during the game.
14. This game is vanilla flavored. No gimmicks, no special typings and no stairs to impede your progress. You have been warned.
Failure to comply to those rules might result in a warning/infraction, a modkill or a ban from future games.
To show that you've read and understood those rules, PM me a rule of your choice that you will have paraphrased.