A short time ago in a neighborhood far far away, there was once a town. This was its story.
The suburban neighborhood of Space Street was a perfect neighborhood. Perfect was the only way to describe it. Lawns were kept short and well clipped. Inhabitants were friendly to each other. Best part of this was that the neighborhood was a gated community. Everybody knew everyone. Nobody got hurt when dealing with each other. Seldomly did outsiders make their presences known.
As a result, the housing association noticed repeated habitual upkeep. They came with their rewards.
The awards placed them on the state's map. Overall housing skyrocketed. More people came in hoping to experience what had made that neighborhood so good.
It did not go the way anyone had expected. A noticeable change in quality had set in amongst everyone. To make matters worse, people started disappearing. One person left during the rush hour and never returned. Another never returned from school. Yet still another went to a bar and vanished.
The remaining kept themselves closed off to the public world. They refused to leave their little neighborhood for the sake of avoiding vanishing along with their fallen brothers and sisters.
Vanishings turned into killings. The situation worsened until a midnight meeting was called amongst the remaining few. Right after that, two more people vanished. Nobody could ever figure out who was behind the swath of destruction.
Time is not on their side.
original ruleset by zenax
1. To vote for someone, post Vote: Player in bold. To unvote, post Unvote: Player.
2. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of alive players/2) + 1, rounded down.
3. If there is no majority at the deadline, there will be no lynch. Day phases will last three days while night phases will last one day. I might consider extending them if needed.
4. The decisive vote on a bandwagon is called the hammer. When it is cast, the game falls in twilight, meaning that everyone save the lynched may talk freely until I can update the game. As soon as there is a majority of votes on someone, the player will be lynched no matter if the others unvote them afterward.
5. On that note, do not edit out your votes.
6. Once you are hammered, you may make one goodbye post containing no game-relevant information. Nothing more. You may not like posts after your death, either.
7. The thread will be locked during night phases.
8. If I see no activity from you in 72 hours, you will be prodded. If there is still no activity 24 hours after your prod, you will be subbed. After this, I will consider subbing you out if you keep being inactive. Note that this applies to active lurking as well.
I won't prod you if you tell me beforehand that you will be away for a certain time period. If you know that you will be away for a long period of time, however, you might not want to sign up and leave the spot for someone else.
9. Unless you are in the mafia, you may not talk about this game outside this thread.
10. Always play to fulfill your win condition.
11. Do not share your role PM in any way. This includes quoting specific parts of the message. If you're mafia, do not share the QuickTopic with anyone, either.
12. You may role claim all you want, but you may not name claim. This includes everything, even including hints.
13. As the host, I reserve the right to modify, remove or add rules during the game.
14. This game is vanilla flavored. No gimmicks, no special typings and no stairs to impede your progress. You have been warned.
Failure to comply to those rules might result in a warning/infraction, a modkill or a ban from future games.
To show that you've read and understood those rules, PM me a rule of your choice that you will have paraphrased.