Mafia: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - ENDGAME! Town, jda95, and Sputnik win! - Page 25

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - ENDGAME! Town, jda95, and Sputnik win!

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - Day 6 No more teacher's dirty looks (Nov. 29th)

I read through the entire thread once again and found something I missed earlier. Appearently Bomika claimed that literally all she could do is take the allignment of someone else? How would that be anything other than mafia, especially if we already had a town miller? There would be no reason to ever use her role if she was actually town, especially since after that she said that if she doesn't use it "she'd show up as her actual alligment, she'd guess".

vote: bomika

Like I said, if this were an actual town role, you just wouldn't use it. Ever. Only mafia have a use for disguising their allignment.

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - Day 6 No more teacher's dirty looks (Nov. 29th)

Vote: Bomika.

mintaka's v bad at fakeclaiming ;p

p.s. @Master Mew; ok, because stating that u got this pm and then not sharing it makes ur case very strong... i wish i could have strong cases like u... and u were saying it was bad for me to base a case 'entirely' on a claim??????????? yea....................................................... no

I am also interested in hearing what this PM says.

@Buoy ; Master Mew will have to paraphrase the PM anyway because the rules prohibit screenshots.

@Bomika ; Do you have a defense?

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Actually, I'd say Bomika's role sounds more like an independent role, tbh. I know there are already 3 confirmed independents, but if you think about it, there's no risk factor involved if it's a mafia-role: it's basically just a godfather, since a mafia member wouldn't accidentally target a mafia member. Likewise, a townie has no reason to use it if they'll be investigated as townie if they don't. So really, an independent is the only one that has a reason for having the role - they don't want to be investigated as independent, but don't know who the townies and mafia are.

The only reason I can see a townie having this is as a compliment to the cop - if the cop investigates them and they turn up innocent, the copier knows his target is town-sided. Likewise, if the cop gets a guilty result, the copier knows the target is guilty, can claim that upon being lynched and then the flip will reveal the copier was telling the truth.

Either way, I don't think it's a mafia-sided role.

Laterose: There's no "defence" to give - the accusation is based on something Bomika can't "defend against". Also, yes the rules prohibit screenshots, but they don't prohibit copy-pasting of host PMs.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

I was thinking the same thing--that Bomika's role would fit more of an indep than town. I find a fourth independent role to be odd, but not completely ridiculous given the circumstances. I tagged Bomika primarily to alert her to the fact that she was being voted, as well as wondering what else she might have to say about it.

Vote: Master Mew, until you can prove that this PM is legit.
    Last edited by Laterose; 30th November 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: BB code, not html. Lulz

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

How is he going to prove the PM is legit? Screenshots aren't allowed (even if they were, there's Photoshop). He could copy and paste the text of the PM, but if he is lying, what's to stop him from making something up?

The only way to confirm it's legit is for the host to say so, which isn't going to happen.

Blog Entries

@KidBeano
    @Buoy
    @Laterose

Here's what the PM said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano
    You have been convinced to vote for Buoy.

You must cast a vote for Buoy this day phase, and you may not change your vote. However, you may announce that this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Luminosity View Post
    How is he going to prove the PM is legit? Screenshots aren't allowed (even if they were, there's Photoshop). He could copy and paste the text of the PM, but if he is lying, what's to stop him from making something up?

The only way to confirm it's legit is for the host to say so, which isn't going to happen.
    I can actually prove that the PM is legit. You see, I'm allowed to quote PMs (just no screenshots) and the rules specifically say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    7.The sharing of role PMs, as well as the forgery of any private message, is not allowed. Screenshots of any kind are also forbidden.
    So if I'm not modkilled, that proves I didn't forge the PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Derp to the third power on my part :/

That is definitely an interesting role. What is the motivation for using it though? To cast suspicion on Buoy or to help clear him? must not go to WIFOM land

I had an idea that Twilight Sparkle was the cop (if she was actually town, since she does a lot of research), but with Parma/Cheerilee having been the cop, I'm wondering if Twilight Sparkle is a mafia role cop and paired with a mafia reporter.

Unvote: Master Mew

The mod-guillotine hasn't fallen on you, so yeah. Lol.

I don't know what's up with the Buoy push. If someone had the ability to force votes, why would they wait this many phases to use it?

Not to read too much into the flavor text, but I noticed that one of the shadowy figures says, "We know what almost everypony is capable of." I'm thinking that points at a mafia rolecop. I think it might make more sense character-wise for TS to be the reporter... unless Spike is the mafia reporter and TS is the rolecop? /theories

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    p.s. @Master Mew; ok, because stating that u got this pm and then not sharing it makes ur case very strong... i wish i could have strong cases like u... and u were saying it was bad for me to base a case 'entirely' on a claim??????????? yea....................................................... no
    It was pretty obviously not a, "case," against you, I said I voted you because I had to. I wouldn't have pointed that out if I was actually trying to persuade people to lynch you.

Everyone else who responded to it understood that I was claiming I was compelled to vote for you, not building a case, so I guess what I have to ask now is: Guilty conscience?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    It was pretty obviously not a, "case," against you, I said I voted you because I had to. I wouldn't have pointed that out if I was actually trying to persuade people to lynch you.

Everyone else who responded to it understood that I was claiming I was compelled to vote for you, not building a case, so I guess what I have to ask now is: Guilty conscience?
    yea i'm so guilty for not responding in the same way as other people... golly, so guilty... i need to sit down... catch my breath... so guilty

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

@KidBeano; @Laterose; She never claimed independent. She claimed town. If she's an indep you'd think she'd claim as such.

@Mijzelffan ; That's true. Some indeps, however, benefit more from keeping their true alignment hidden.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I am town aligned and if I were mafia I wouldn't even have brought voters starting from Scarlet Enchantress into attention. That is all defense I can think of, since I don't gain information from using the role.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

@Bomika;

I'm a bit confused, what does your role do?

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast