Mafia: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - ENDGAME! Town, jda95, and Sputnik win! - Page 12

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - ENDGAME! Town, jda95, and Sputnik win!

Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - Day 2 No More Chicken

Okay, guys. Neon Borealis sent me an endless vigilante claim and stated that he was the one to kill Phoenicks because he saw his actions as scummy. There was only ONE kill last night.

Vote: Neon Borealis

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Well, thanks for telling everyone.

You do realize that the mafia is not obligated to kill each night. Maybe the mafia and me attacked the same target.

Or, maybe the mafia's kill was protected.

And again, thanks for bussing me out. Now I'm a target.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

At least I'm not the one who made that unrealistic claim, scum. :P

Blog Entries

Sigh... I knew this role would give me troubles.

Very well, I'll claim out here in thread, since it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm an endless vigilante (Do not confuse with SK). As in, I have an endless supply of kills and I am town alligned. And there is no countereffect. Yeah, I know, strange. And very overpowered indeed.

You know, there are two things that are wrong with your theory:

1) If I was scum I would have contacted you under a more realistic claim, like, I don't know, reporter, beloved, miller or something. Not a role that basically says "Hey, look at me, I have a powerful, and most likely fake role" Scum's objective is to remain anonymous.

2) If I was scum, I would have just contacted you saying I'm mafia, since your mason group is made of independents.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia

Blog Entries

What exactly would the Mafia gain from NOT killing on Night 1? The flavor kinda implies protection wasn't used.

It just bugs me though, that the flavoralmost seems like it wasn't Mafia though.
    @Neon Borealis; You include MILLER as one of the "more believable" roles, despite there is already a claim for that. That's pretty curious.

Blog Entries

@Baron Dante;

Meh, just going meta for a second there. Basing on experiences from previous games. Yes, I know it's not a good thing to do, but it was the most common mafia claims I could think of.

Blog Entries

@Neon Borealis; What bugs me though, is why would you claim to an independent at all? It's a rather risky strategy, that backfired marvelously. Or maybe, you were hoping for that to happen?

Blog Entries

@Baron Dante;

Nope, I was actually claiming to them because I didn't want to kill one of them accidentally come next night phase.

Blog Entries

Unvote: Sputnik
    Vote: Neon Borealis

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think here. So, more than anyhing, I'd say this vote is for me to cling on the small chance of maybe somehow surviving. 30 minutes though, seems rather undoable.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Andrea Luminosity; I was simply acting the way I normally do. (Which, as far as I know, is not considered to be a scummy way of playing) Wouldn't acting differently bring attention to me all the same?

And I do agree that a Mafia could've done the same to make it more believable that they are indeed the miller, but if that was the case, it would've been far better to start by claiming miller as soon as possible.
    Jumping on a bandwagon because you wanted someone to die (and not because you thought they were mafia) isn't scummy? Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Putting themselves in the spotlight day 1 by claiming a role that will most likely eventually get them lynched is good for a mafioso to do? I don't know, seems like a pretty big risk with little chance of reward.

As for the Neon Borealis situation, idefk. What is the possible benefit for a mafioso to claim they killed a townie when there was no second kill?

I'm surprised I haven't gotten a headache already.

EDIT: Although, Neon Borealis is contradicting himself when he says this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    1) If I was scum I would have contacted you under a more realistic claim, like, I don't know, reporter, beloved, miller or something. Not a role that basically says "Hey, look at me, I have a powerful, and most likely fake role" Scum's objective is to remain anonymous.

2) If I was scum, I would have just contacted you saying I'm mafia, since your mason group is made of independents.
    You can do one or the other but not both.
    Last edited by Luminosity; 20th November 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Blog Entries

It could go either way. Depends on the circunstances and the approach.

If the masons are town, then number 1, if they are indep, then number 2.

It makes sense to me at least.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Voting is now closed. Update pending.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - Night 2 Boast Busted

The fighting had sprung up again by the time Celestia emerged from her quarters. She took her place at the head of the stairs sullenly; it pained her to see her subjects in such a state, especially when she could do nothing to help them. She managed to convince one pony to break away from the arguments long enough to tell her what had happened the previous evening and rushed to the hospital, where she spent most of the day visiting with the small filly.

As she emerged from the hospital, she saw that the crowd had gathered around a new target. This one, at least, was defending herself more vehemently than the last, but it didn’t seem to be having much of an effect.

“Why would one such as I make so foolish a claim if it were not true?”

“You’re certainly acting the part.”

“Yeah! You’ve never liked Ponyville ever since - ”

“That...incident is never to be mentioned!” the mare screeched, stamping her hoof indignantly. “Even my magic could not make foals do something that stupid! Besides,” she added, suddenly much more calm, “that little filly’s accident last night could not have been the work of a unicorn. There was no magic around that flower pot - or were you all too blinded to notice?”

The crowd paused in its attack. None of them trusted their suspect - but she sounded like she knew who had sent Scootaloo to the hospital. And if she hadn’t done it, who had?

“It was that one!” the mare declared triumphantly, her horn glowing a pale pink as she caused a shower of sparkling lights to rain down over her target.

The other mare jumped in surprise, quickly backing away from the lights. “H-huh?”

“Nopony was run out of town last night - I wonder why?” the unicorn taunted. “Perhaps you are no longer content with simply driving ponies out? Perhaps you decided that your message wasn’t strong enough, so you decided to attack an innocent little filly?”

“What?” the other mare gasped, tears welling up in her eyes. “No, I promise...I didn’t...”

The unicorn let out a haughty laugh. “What good are your promises? Have you any proof that it was not - hey! Take your hooves off me!”

The crowd had made up its mind. The sun was setting; there would be time to investigate the other mare later. They shoved the unicorn forward, depositing her unceremoniously before Princess Celestia.

“This is an outrage!”

Princess Celestia raised an eyebrow, unfazed by the mare’s outburst. “Have you anything to say for yourself?” she asked as her horn and the unicorn mare began to glow.

“You’ll regret this! None of you will ever have the amazing, show-stopping power of -!”

With a zap and a flash, Celestia decided that she had had enough of the young mare’s cheek. Whether or not she was one of the culprits, she had a feeling Ponyville would be glad to see her gone.

Hidden Ability:

It is now Night 2. This phase will end at 10 p.m. Pacific time on Nov. 20th.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic - Night 2 Boast Busted

Endless vigilante. I'm more inclined to read that as serial killer.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Endless vigilante does not sound like a town role to me. For one thing, it is way overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    Sigh... I knew this role would give me troubles.

Very well, I'll claim out here in thread, since it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm an endless vigilante (Do not confuse with SK). As in, I have an endless supply of kills and I am town alligned. And there is no countereffect. Yeah, I know, strange. And very overpowered indeed.

You know, there are two things that are wrong with your theory:

These two statements kind of contradict themselves. First you say you would fakeclaim, and then you say since Sputnik's independent, you would just tell her the truth if you were mafia. Which I highly doubt any mafia member would outright claim being mafia to an independent. Independents tend to side with the town (as Sputnik just proved she is doing) unless they have an anti-town role. Which she doesn't.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast