Mafia: Monster Mafia 10/05/2013 - Night Six - Akai Tsuki - SERIAL KILLER AKURAITO WIN - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mafia 10/05/2013 - Night Six - Akai Tsuki - SERIAL KILLER AKURAITO WIN

Default Re: Monster Mafia 24/04/2013 - Day 1 - MONSTROUS VOTING

Confirmed!

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    VOTE: m0ckingbird20 for not specifying in the rules more clearly that we were making our own roles.

Also is nameclaiming allowed Day 4 onwards? The rules didn't say anything about it.
    The rules always said that roleclaiming is allowed from day 4 onward.
    Thats roleclaiming such as "I'm the cop". Nameclaiming is "I'm Mewtwo" So is nameclaiming allowed?

Questions for Everyone

What did you think of FinalArcadia's vote?
    She made a point about Spectrum being Colress and him most likely being mafia.

What did you think of GengarWithSunglasses' role confirmation without discussion?
    Seems like he was either busy and popping in real quick or he's avoiding discussion.

What did you think of Spectrum Achromatic's response to the wagon on her?
    Nice. Though voting and FoSing those who had voted her was odd.

What did you think of Sourcandy's decision to withhold her vote?
    I find nothing wrong with the act itself but without how she presented it.

What did you think of Yatagarasu's vote for the Host?
    Totally justified.

Anyways. FA's favorite character is Tron which while he could be a town role, he makes more sense as mafia considering most of his appearances were as an antagonist so by FA's own logic

UNVOTE:m0ckingbird20
    VOTE:FinalArcadia

I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar

Well the reason I didn't bring up any discussion was because I still had to finish my homework and I came to the forums because I remembered that I had to confirm for this game. I had like two packets left, so I had to finish it. I have to go now again, but I'll come back at 2:45 or something.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy
    I did'n vote, and probably won't for the time being, because I have no evidence agaisnt anybody. I like to know what I'm doing; I don't like running like a chicked without its head.

Pretty the first people to vote do it because they think it's fun. I don't. If they want to go around having "fun" every single day 1, that's they're problem, not mine. I'll try my best though to show those wandering souls what real scumhunting looks like.

It was pretty stupid.
    If nobody did anything and went straight to no-lynch and "I'm waiting," then this would be a wasted phase. And if nobody's investigative roles find anything, then we'd be going into Day 2 blind. So I don't see how doing a vote - much less a vote that actually was not random in that I had a legitimate reason for it - that could generate discussion is "stupid." Things like that bring people in to post and show activity, which is just as valuable for info as an ability can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew
    Do you expect Spectrum Achromatic would request a Scum role? Or is your theory that she crafted a Scum role based necessarily upon the assumption that she chose the flavor role you expected her to? I've played quite a few games with her but I honestly don't know myself if she prefers playing as Town or Scum.
    I'm not sure which alignment she prefers either, and I was working on the assumption that she would create a role with the alignment that fits best from the canon, so Colress as mafia. So I acknowledge that my vote is based (or was initially based, anyway) on a bunch of assumptions, but seeing the seemingly OMGUS-ish vote and FoS that she gave you and I respectively, thus far I'm keeping my vote on her.

Sourcandy's posts are rubbing me the wrong way, but I can't say that her behavior in regards to Day 1 is any different than it generally seems when she is town.

Also, in regards to GWS, I don't find him not voting or anything all that suspicious, since he confirmed in his post and I think he probably just had that on his mind at the time and left after accomplishing that.

@Yatagarasu

Touche. XD

In Master Mew's "Choose Your Flavor" game, though, my created role wasn't Tron. I've got over a decade of video game and anime watching to be pulling stuff out of my pocket, LOL. Which is also true for Spectrum I'm sure, but there were a lot of Colress-related things going on during the time of role creation, so it seemed likely to me.

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    VOTE: m0ckingbird20 for not specifying in the rules more clearly that we were making our own roles.

Also is nameclaiming allowed Day 4 onwards? The rules didn't say anything about it.
    The rules always said that roleclaiming is allowed from day 4 onward.
    Thats roleclaiming such as "I'm the cop". Nameclaiming is "I'm Mewtwo" So is nameclaiming allowed?
    No, I suppose... no role and/or name claiming until night 3 ends! I didn't even know they were considered a different thing. -.-'

Blog Entries

@FinalArcadia; and again the logic could apply to you. The Arclights have made an appearance in the new Zexal opening and closing.

@m0cking-thank you for clarifying

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

What did you think of GengarWithSunglasses' role confirmation without discussion?

FA vote was standard day one vote reasoning. Nothing to make me think twice yet.

Confirming your role always comes before discussion. Fail to see how that is suspicious in the slightest.

SA hasn't reacted in a neutral way so far.

SC doesn't want to vote yet without some kind of valid reason. Can't blame her, I feel the same way.

Yatagarasu's voting the host is standard practice. That joke is made at least once in every game.

No leads as yet, i'm keeping my beady eyes on you all.

There isn't much for me to think at the moment, if I'm going to be completely honest. It looked to me like a normal joke vote. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with it, at any rate.

Hmmm, not very suspicious in my opinion. I can understand first confirming your role and then contributing to discussion afterward. It would be a tad strange otherwise.

I actually didn't think it was strange, per se... but it didn't look like she was especially defending herself all that much. I suppose there isn't much to defend herself from at this point. Since I believe there are only two votes on her perhaps she doesn't feel too threatened.

A tad strange. Her response rubbed me the wrong way, but it's not suspicious enough that I'd vote her as of yet.

Not much, appeared to be the usual vote against the host that sometimes happens on Day 1.

I do have something to say about the character choices though in the game! Having a favorite character does not equal choosing that character! Going off of who we like will most likely be a detriment, I'd say we think about who would rather be which alignment. I have many favorite characters but does it mean I am going to choose one of them? Not especially.

Because of that, I'm going to;
    VOTE: Yatagarasu.

I don't find Spectrum or FA suspicious, but Midori's(I'm just going to call her that now since shortening Yatagarasu would sound as if I'm talking about Yata) insistence upon that choice of character is strange. She sounds so sure of herself, but as I said there is no certainty whatsoever on who we choose. She could be dead wrong for all we know, and if the only reason she is voting her is because of Tron then that seems eccentric.

let justice be done, though the heavens fall

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

@FinalArcadia; and again the logic could apply to you. The Arclights have made an appearance in the new Zexal opening
    I sent in my role within the first couple of days after signing up, so that wouldn't necessarily be the case. It's different with Spectrum, since she had the Colress avatar and Episode N has been ongoing for awhile.

But you have no way of knowing for sure when I sent my role, so I guess it's just better to leave things at that.

@Momoka

To be fair, she was basing a vote on a decent reason, since people probably would assume that I'd pick Tron. A bit adamant about it, but the reason itself is understandable, even if I have a lot of other characters I fangirl over besides Tron.

Blog Entries

Momoka's reason for voting me: Voting FA for the same reason that she voted Spectrum. Do I see buddying coming from Momo?
    @FinalArcadia; Point of my vote is to show you that your whole reasoning for voting Spectrum is entirely flaw. Especially since nameclaiming is allowed as of day 4, meaning theming Colress before the game starts and then stopping right before does not mean that she chose him. Considering its coming to an end and that she is now themeing N another character she loves, then there is no assurance that she chose Colress. I was themeing V till just the other day. Does that mean that my role is V because I he's a character I love and stopped theming right before this started? (Talking about Avatar wise since my banner is also homestuck.)

Blog Entries

Unvote: Spectrum Achromatic

FinalArcadia's case on SA was based off of an accurate and applicable piece of meta, but I'll still take in-thread evidence over meta in most cases. I've found something small in-thread that I'd like to discuss now.

The purpose of the below questions was to prompt players to take positions regarding various events that have transpired thus far. My intention was to fish for neutral reactions, to sift through the answers to these questions and look for any players who seemed to strain ever so slightly to maintain open options. When Scum are forced to take a position on something, they tie themselves down and it becomes more difficult for them to justify a change of opinion made to suit their agenda later in the game, as a record of their opinions will be readily available and they will be expected to provide a valid, Town-motivated explanation of what changed their mind. Thus, I have found that Scum are more likely to try to avoid taking stances than Townies are more often than not.

Look at these answers:

She made a point about Spectrum being Colress and him most likely being mafia.

Seems like he was either busy and popping in real quick or he's avoiding discussion.

Nice. Though voting and FoSing those who had voted her was odd.

I find nothing wrong with the act itself but without how she presented it.

Totally justified.
    These were good answers, in my opinion. I may not necessarily agree with them, but they are "good" in the sense that they demonstrate a willingness to commit to opinions on various happenings in-thread to a satisfactory degree - in other words, if Yatagarasu is Scum, we will catch her eventually because she is being open with her stances on other players and any inconsistencies in late-game will be easily traceable.

Now look at these:

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post

FA vote was standard day one vote reasoning. Nothing to make me think twice yet.

Confirming your role always comes before discussion. Fail to see how that is suspicious in the slightest.

SA hasn't reacted in a neutral way so far.

SC doesn't want to vote yet without some kind of valid reason. Can't blame her, I feel the same way.

Yatagarasu's voting the host is standard practice. That joke is made at least once in every game.

No leads as yet, i'm keeping my beady eyes on you all.
    These answers ping my Scumdar ever so slightly - it isn't much, but it's enough to make CrackFox slightly more likely to flip Scum than anyone else so far in my opinion - and since we're going to lynch someone soon, I would like to make sure we're lynching the player who is most likely to flip Scum, even if they are only so by a small margin. Unless and until I see something that I find more suspicious than this, I'm going to:

Vote: CrackFox

Now I'll explain why: I felt like she was reaching a bit to remain neutral on the first two questions.

On the first question: She characterized FinalArcadia's vote as "standard day one vote reasoning" when it was not, in fact, a standard day one vote. It wasn't random, and it wasn't a joke (by this point in the Phase FinalArcadia has made it rather clear that she wasn't kidding, she considers her Meta on Spectrum Achromatic to be valid in a game where we write our own Role PMs). It was a serious vote with a serious reason and, again, it deserves a serious response. CrackFox elected instead to treat FinalArcadia's vote as a standard Day One joke vote not worth forming an opinion on, which I would consider a stretch to remain neutral.

On the second question: She appears to be ignoring context to remain neutral toward GengarWithSunglasses. She suggests (quite reasonably) that it is perfectly normal to confirm your role without scumhunting in the same post (which is true, obviously), but in doing so she ignores the fact that GengarWithSunglasses confirmed late after the game had already began. He didn't confirm during Night 0 when no one is expected to scumhunt, he confirmed during Day 1 when the game was already rolling. Note that now that GWS has responded to this issue and explained why he didn't say more, I do not consider it suspicious - but it is not CrackFox's conclusion that pings my Scumdar, it is the way in which she arrived at that conclusion (ignoring/glossing over context to justify said conclusion) which does so. I would consider this a stretch to remain neutral.

Which is interesting, since her response to the third question was: "SA hasn't reacted in a neutral way so far."

This signifies that CrackFox is aware that neutrality is something to look for in hunting Scum. It is rather peculiar to see such a statement in the midst of a post which went out of its way to ensure no positions were espoused on anything or anyone.

A note on methodology: I mentioned above that CrackFox was a narrow lead among my suspects. It seems only fair and just to duly explain what I meant by this. With 15 players and presumably three Scum (see my first post for an explanation of this presumption), assuming that I do not suspect myself, I am looking for three Scum among eleven Townies. Thus, each of the 14 non-me players starts the game with roughly a 21% chance of being Scum. I adjust this number up and down accordingly as I see things in-thread that suggest to me that a player is more or less likely to be Scum.

CrackFox's post caused my read on her to dial up from the baseline 21% to around 25%. This is still rather low, but it is higher than any other scumreads I have, thus making her a marginally better choice, in my mind, than anyone else who is still sitting at a 21% likelihood of flipping Scum.

For a comparison, FinalArcadia's meta on Spectrum Achromatic resulted in a 23% read on the latter.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Long post is long xD

We found ourselves in the same situation in Werewolf mafia Mew. You didn't trust me because I was saying that no one seemed scummy. This is pretty much the same situation only it's day one so let's not get ahead of ourselves. I didn't flip mafia in that game, and I wont in this game. Given that I was asked to sub at the very last minute, and create a role for myself, pretty much should tell anyone that it's likely i'm not mafia. I was answering your question to everyone and giving my verdict. The Colress thing? That was just as outlandish as saying you must be Mew and that makes you innocent.
    For a comparison, FinalArcadia's meta on Spectrum Achromatic resulted in a 23% read on the latter.
    You have unique playing style I'll give you that. I prefer to go with intuition and gut feeling rather than analysing each little thing. What we should be looking at are those who signed up first and their track records. For instance, I could totally see someone like SourCandy requesting to be mafia, or Yatagarasu. Let's face it, mafia roles are the most exciting the majority of the time. The key in finding out alliance, I think is in the sign up orders. I bet when this game is over and we study the sign ups, the mafia will all be amongs the first few on the page. First come first served and all that. Just a theory.

Blog Entries

@CrackFox; If you can see me requesting a mafia role then you don't know me well enough. I loathe being mafia as I've stated plenty of times. Not saying this rules out the possibility of me or anyone being mafia as someone's role could have been changed for balance reasons. However the fact that you plan on going off of gut feelings over fact does not help the town. I don't always go with my gut feelings and they turn out to be wrong at times.

Anyways since unless MM is a double voter, we are tied for votes and I feel like pressuring.

UNVOTE: FinalArcadia
    VOTE: CrackFox

Blog Entries

@CrackFox; If you can see me requesting a mafia role then you don't know me well enough. I loathe being mafia as I've stated plenty of times. Not saying this rules out the possibility of me or anyone being mafia as someone's role could have been changed for balance reasons. However the fact that you plan on going off of gut feelings over fact does not help the town. I don't always go with my gut feelings and they turn out to be wrong at times.

Anyways since unless MM is a double voter, we are tied for votes and I feel like pressuring.

UNVOTE: FinalArcadia
    VOTE: CrackFox
    Well ok, but my point still stands. The amount of people requesting mafia roles will have been ridiculous compared to those requesting town. Facts don't get you very far when the facts aren't really facts though. I'm just saying, innocent until proven guilty and that counts for everyone, not just me.

Which is interesting, since her response to the third question was: "SA hasn't reacted in a neutral way so far."
    That was typo, meant to say 'has'. If you don't believe me, then the whole post makes no sense at all since at the bottom I conclude that no one seems scummy just yet. It's interesting that you guys took it that I was accussing SA and didn't bother to ask why. Instead MM just used it as another bit of 'evidence' to get his lynch on me going. I thought you were of the belief that these 'facts' should be questioned. If I did find SA scummy, only scum would use that as reason to lynch and not ask why first.

Momoka's reason for voting me: Voting FA for the same reason that she voted Spectrum. Do I see buddying coming from Momo?
    Ach, sorry. Looking back at FA's first post I thought it was merely a joke vote... upon closer inspection, I see she was doing the same as you(what with theorizing who Spectrum would pick).

UNVOTE: Yatagarasu.

But I do stand by in not wanting to figure out a character the player would choose. I think at one point we've all said what alignment we prefer, so we could look into that as well.

About CrackFox, Master Mew's post makes sense in my opinion. She is being oddly neutral in her post, and I find it a little hard to believe that someone could stay so neutral to everything. These percentages are confusing me sorta, but overall I think I can understand what he's saying... being so neutral but acting like neutrality is a scum-tell is a tad peculiar.

I'll add more in a little, I just wanted to get that unvote down after re-reading the response.

let justice be done, though the heavens fall

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast