Mafia: Monster Mafia 10/05/2013 - Night Six - Akai Tsuki - SERIAL KILLER AKURAITO WIN - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 306

Thread: Monster Mafia 10/05/2013 - Night Six - Akai Tsuki - SERIAL KILLER AKURAITO WIN

  1. #46
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    @GliscorMan; I know your role was sent later but you are the only person left that hasn't confirmed their role yet. (GengarWithSinglasses answered to the Role PM.)

  2. #47
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,970
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Well hey, I can confirm as well.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  3. #48
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 24/04/2013 - Day 1 - Let the games BEGIN!!!





    All roles have been confirmed.



    Monster Mafia - Day 1 - Let the games BEGIN!!!

    This day phase will last approximately 38 hours, which means the next update will be on 25/04/2013 16:00 PM GMT +1.

    The rest phases will last 48 and 24 hours as stated in the rules.

    You may now start voting.
    Last edited by m0ckingbird20; 23rd April 2013 at 07:36 PM.

  4. #49
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,779
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    VOTE: Spectrum Achromatic

    Because I associate you with Colress, who would probably be mafia if in this game. XD

  5. #50
    King of the Court Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    VOTE: m0ckingbird20 for not specifying in the rules more clearly that we were making our own roles.

    Also is nameclaiming allowed Day 4 onwards? The rules didn't say anything about it.

  6. #51
    I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lavender Town
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Confirmation of the role.

    Edit: Sorry, late LOL

  7. #52
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,084
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Hi, there! I'm Master Mew, but you can call me "MM," "Mew," "Matthew," "Matt," or "Hey you over there" if you'd prefer. I'll be accompanying all of you lovely people in this game's RVS (a.k.a. Random Voting Stage), which will, ideally, be as short and sweet as possible (though I make no similar promises about this, or any subsequent, post of mine).

    Now, let's talk a little bit about the setup. There are fifteen players total and we have 48 hours to decide on a lynch for today. Using the following game-balance equation (crafted by yours-truly) I have concluded that there are likely either three or four Scum (leaning toward four unless the Scum are OP - scratch that, they crafted their own roles, of course they're OP, so probably three):

    M = Number of Mislynches
    T = Number of Townies
    S = Number of Scum

    M = ([T-S] ÷ 2) - 1

    Where balance is determined by how closely M = S

    Therefore, we have either three or four mislynches before we lose, depending on if there are three or four scum, respectively. We can afford to lynch incorrectly either one more or one less time than the total number of Scum. Again, since I'm leaning toward there being three scum, this would mean we could mislynch four times but would lose on the fifth.




    Now, a note about RVS (Random Voting Stage): It is not meant to last the entire Phase.

    The purpose of RVS is to, quite literally, "Make something out of nothing." We start the game with zero discussion, zero scumreads, and zero information. It will remain this way until something dramatic happens that everyone has to respond to and commit to a position about. Thus, the RVS. We semi-randomly (let's be honest here) run up a wagon on one player and that player attempts to persuade us they are innocent (by whatever means they deem necessary, though generally via convincingly genuine scumhunting) while the rest of the players debate on whether to follow through on this wagon or to instead lynch someone else who seems more likely to flip Scum.

    Some players will love the RVS wagon. Some will hate that wagon and suggest lynching someone (specific) scummier. Everyone will commit to reads on the RVS wagon's target, forcing Scum to commit to a position on another player that they'll have to remain consistent on throughout the game (i.e. if their read suddenly changes they'll need a plausible, Town-motivated explanation as to why). There will be voting, lots of voting, and there will be debating, marvelous debating. Then the phase will end, either with the RVS wagon achieving a lynch, or the Town being persuaded to lynch someone else instead. Regardless of whether or not the target flips Scum, ideally every player will have committed to positions and reads and there will be myriad evidence to pore over in the crucial coming Phases.

    If we all vote for different people, we are doing it wrong.

    Therefore, I'm going to:

    Vote: Spectrum Achromatic

    Commence loving and/or hating this wagon. Discuss.

    @Spectrum Achromatic Please commence demonstrating your Towniness via scumhunting and/or convincing us to lynch someone else who seems scummy to you.




    I would also like to take this opportunity to FoS: GengarWithSunglasses - because Gengar is a ghost. Ghosts come out at night. No one should wear sunglasses at night, it's dangerous, you could run into a tree or lamp post or low-hanging piñata. Therefore, Gengar should not wear sunglasses. Very suspicious.

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  8. #53
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    How about Mr obvious?
    My life is a nightmare

  9. #54
    Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,427
    Blog Entries
    411

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Now, a note about RVS (Random Voting Stage): It is not meant to last the entire Phase.


    The purpose of RVS is to, quite literally, "Make something out of nothing." We start the game with zero discussion, zero scumreads, and zero information. It will remain this way until something dramatic happens that everyone has to respond to and commit to a position about. Thus, the RVS. We semi-randomly (let's be honest here) run up a wagon on one player and that player attempts to persuade us they are innocent (by whatever means they deem necessary, though generally via convincingly genuine scumhunting) while the rest of the players debate on whether to follow through on this wagon or to instead lynch someone else who seems more likely to flip Scum.


    Some players will love the RVS wagon. Some will hate that wagon and suggest lynching someone (specific) scummier. Everyone will commit to reads on the RVS wagon's target, forcing Scum to commit to a position on another player that they'll have to remain consistent on throughout the game (i.e. if their read suddenly changes they'll need a plausible, Town-motivated explanation as to why). There will be voting, lots of voting, and there will be debating, marvelous debating. Then the phase will end, either with the RVS wagon achieving a lynch, or the Town being persuaded to lynch someone else instead. Regardless of whether or not the target flips Scum, ideally every player will have committed to positions and reads and there will be myriad evidence to pore over in the crucial coming Phases.
    - FinalArcadia: She voted me because I am a fan of Colress, and Colress is a member of Team Plasma. She is assuming I would've made a character based on Colress, and thus perhaps received a mafia role. However... note that Colress is one of my favorites, not my only favorite XDD

    - Yatagarasu: Made a fairly good point on the rules and the nameclaiming. Rightful reason to vote the host

    - GengarWithSunglasses: Late to confirm, but nothing particularly scummy just yet.

    - Master Mew: wrote down a long explanation on how the RVS stage should be handled. However, like before, "prove that you're town by scum-hunting" when people haven't posted much, and are randomly voting each other, and thus don't have much of a reason to defend oneself just yet is asking for too much. I would've understood if he said that AFTER at least everyone posted once during the phase. However, there was only three people who posted before him, and his FoS on GengarWithSunglasses is completely nonsense because Gengar can learn Dark-type moves and thus wearing sunglasses - a.k.a, Black Glasses isn't all that weird, while rare.

    - SourCandy: thinks there is another suspicious person out of the people that have posted before her.



    vote: Master Mew
    FoS: Final Arcadia
    @Master Mew;

  10. #55
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,084
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    How about Mr obvious?
    I would prefer "Captain" Obvious, if it's all the same to you.

    I am curious as to why you have neglected to vote. Is there an unseen benefit in withholding your vote you intend to accrue that outweighs the detriment of stalling the onset of substantive discussion? What do you think of FinalArcadia's decision to place the first vote of the game on Spectrum Achromatic? Was it random, or was their intention? And what do you make of my decision to make a wagon out of it and my explanation of why? What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses' decision to confirm his role without contributing to the present discussion at the same time?

    My thoughts on each:

    1.) FinalArcadia's decision to place the first vote of the game on Spectrum Achromatic

    I actually found this mildly suspicious, to be quite honest. Spectrum Achromatic has demonstrated herself to be less than resilient in the face of RVS wagons in the past, so it's intriguing that FinalArcadia would select a potentially vulnerable target for the first vote in the game. It could, of course, be completely random, but the odds of that are 1/14 while the odds of their being some other reason are, in my opinion, higher. It is the question of what those reasons, if any, are that intrigues me most.

    2.) My decision to follow FinalArcadia's vote with a vote of my own, making a wagon of her vote

    As I explained whilst placing said vote, I believe this to be the most expedient way to generate discussion on Day 1. The loose theory behind RVS has always been to "pressure vote" players to generate reactions, but widely dispersed singular votes hardly constitute "pressure" in any meaningful sense, thus result time and time again is a dull Day 1 (often resulting in no lynch at all), followed by a lurker-kill Night 1, then still no reads on Day 2. Providing a bandwagon for everyone to react to is considerably more threatening, generating real pressure, pressure worth responding to, and hopefully substantive discussion. We might end up lynching Spectrum Achromatic, or we might not. Depends on what evidence becomes... evident. It won't present itself, however, so as play progresses we'll all have to step up to make sure everything worth noting is brought to light and given fitting attention.

    3.) GengarWithSunglasses' decision to confirm his role without contributing to the present discussion

    I found this only mildly suspicious, with a stronger emphasis on the likelihood that he was disinterested in participating in the RVS discussion (opting out of any discussion at all is anti-town, of course, but not necessarily scummy). It merits further observation but I probably won't act on it as long as we see some meaningful activity out of the slot relatively soon.

    On another note, I've had a thought: Since we wrote our own roles and suggested our own alignments in this game, are there any players on the playerlist that you know prefer playing as Scum who would be more likely to request to be Scum in this game?

    Since far more Townies than Scum are needed in a game, it is likely that more Scum roles were requested than needed, but if we can get a rough idea of who would or wouldn't want to be Scum in the first place it wouldn't be a bad starting place at all. It's nothing to act on by itself, of course, but no information is bad information as long as it's accurate, it's all useful in taking into consideration as we move forward. It is likely that most, or even all, of the players who requested to be Townies are Townies, since there likely weren't enough such requests.

    It is all pure speculation, of course, but speculation I am confident of for the time-being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Master Mew: wrote down a long explanation on how the RVS stage should be handled. However, like before, "prove that you're town by scum-hunting" when people haven't posted much, and are randomly voting each other, and thus don't have much of a reason to defend oneself just yet is asking for too much. I would've understood if he said that AFTER at least everyone posted once during the phase. However, there was only three people who posted before him, and his FoS on GengarWithSunglasses is completely nonsense because Gengar can learn Dark-type moves and thus wearing sunglasses - a.k.a, Black Glasses isn't all that weird, while rare.
    Then scumhunt as soon as you see something suspicious if you haven't found anything yet. Problem solved. I never said you could only do so right now, or that you had to do so with zero evidence. I also said you were free to rally behind a different lynch-target without scumhunting if you preferred. Or that you could attempt to dissuade the wagon through any other means you deem appropriate.

    Furthermore, this only stands to explain why you don't appreciate my vote for you, it doesn't explain how you find me scummy or why you're voting for me. Do you find me scummy? Or are you just voting for me because you're frustrated with my vote for you?

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  11. #56
    Justice Pilot FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,779
    Blog Entries
    53

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    @Master Mew

    My vote on Spectrum was actually placed pretty much because not only do I associate her with Colress, but also because she had an avatar of him up until recently. And thus, she most likely did while making her role. And with Episode N having been getting closer to wrapping up while everyone made their roles for this game, my thought was that she might have made a role based on Colress, who would make most sense as mafia.

    I figured that if I was going to do a Day 1 vote, with nothing to go by yet, thinking about potential characters/alignments was a good enough place to start.

    Her voting and FoSing the two people who have voted her is interesting, though, when neither were really elaborated upon.

  12. #57
    Registered User Pariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,246
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    How about Mr obvious?
    I would prefer "Captain" Obvious, if it's all the same to you.

    I am curious as to why you have neglected to vote. Is there an unseen benefit in withholding your vote you intend to accrue that outweighs the detriment of stalling the onset of substantive discussion? What do you think of FinalArcadia's decision to place the first vote of the game on Spectrum Achromatic? Was it random, or was their intention? And what do you make of my decision to make a wagon out of it and my explanation of why? What do you think of GengarWithSunglasses' decision to confirm his role without contributing to the present discussion at the same time?
    I did'n vote, and probably won't for the time being, because I have no evidence agaisnt anybody. I like to know what I'm doing; I don't like running like a chicked without its head.

    Pretty the first people to vote do it because they think it's fun. I don't. If they want to go around having "fun" every single day 1, that's they're problem, not mine. I'll try my best though to show those wandering souls what real scumhunting looks like.

    It was pretty stupid.

    I don't know, maybe he didn't have anything to say at the time. You on the other hand...seem to be very talkative in this game. I wonder if your role is related to that, it probably is. Hmmm
    My life is a nightmare

  13. #58
    LVL 7 Master Mew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nugget Bridge
    Posts
    4,084
    Blog Entries
    109

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    I did'n vote, and probably won't for the time being, because I have no evidence agaisnt anybody.
    Unless you've crafted a rather magnificent investigative role for yourself, I'm not sure what sort of evidence you're waiting for that's better than reading people's posts and analyzing their intentions. Everything is evidence. The present body of evidence is meager, but it is still there, and it is not likely we will have much to go off of by the end of the Phase (and even if we do, trying to rush through a last-minute lynch at the deadline almost never goes well), but in less than 48 hours this Phase will end and someone will be lynched whether we liked the amount of evidence we had or not, so it might as well be someone we selected based off the evidence available to us at the time.

    Nobody has said anything so far that you can readily obtain any sort of indication of their intentions from? No scumreads? No townreads? I'm not asking anyone to commit to solid, 100% reads right now (or ever, for that matter), but surely once there are any posts in the thread at all we all begin to develop tentative opinions? And with those opinions, surely we can place placeholder votes on our top suspects and assess them again throughout the Phase as new evidence presents itself?
    I like to know what I'm doing; I don't like running like a chicked without its head.
    Nobody so far is running around like a chicken without its head, and the implication that anyone voting at this point doesn't know what they're doing while you alone do is insulting and ridiculous.

    Pretty the first people to vote do it because they think it's fun. I don't. If they want to go around having "fun" every single day 1, that's they're problem, not mine. I'll try my best though to show those wandering souls what real scumhunting looks like.
    FinalArcadia voted for Spectrum Achromatic because she believed she would request a Scum Role PM. She didn't vote for her "because [she] think[s] it's fun." She voted for someone she believed to be more likely to flip Scum than any other person at that point in the game based on the information she had available to her at the time. That's a serious vote and merits a serious response, not a strawman.

    It was pretty stupid.
    Try to be amicable, please.

    I don't know, maybe he didn't have anything to say at the time. You on the other hand...seem to be very talkative in this game. I wonder if your role is related to that, it probably is. Hmmm
    Fair assumption.

    Unless someone walks in with an "I'm Scum" t-shirt I'm going to keep analyzing the intentions behind posts as I see them and drawing conclusions based off available, if meager, evidence. That is certain to be more fruitful than not doing so.

    The great thing about placing down votes early based on early evidence is that I'm not actually tied down to those votes - I can change them later if something better comes up. There really are very few scenarios where holding onto your vote is more beneficial than using it to find Scum. If we all choose to wait to start scumhunting until the game starts in earnest... there will be no game.

    @FinalArcadia Do you expect Spectrum Achromatic would request a Scum role? Or is your theory that she crafted a Scum role based necessarily upon the assumption that she chose the flavor role you expected her to? I've played quite a few games with her but I honestly don't know myself if she prefers playing as Town or Scum.




    Questions for Everyone

    What did you think of FinalArcadia's vote?

    What did you think of GengarWithSunglasses' role confirmation without discussion?

    What did you think of Spectrum Achromatic's response to the wagon on her?

    What did you think of Sourcandy's decision to withhold her vote?

    What did you think of Yatagarasu's vote for the Host?
    Last edited by Master Mew; 24th April 2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Added the last question

    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

  14. #59
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 23/04/2013 - Night 0 - Role confirmations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    VOTE: m0ckingbird20 for not specifying in the rules more clearly that we were making our own roles.

    Also is nameclaiming allowed Day 4 onwards? The rules didn't say anything about it.
    The rules always said that roleclaiming is allowed from day 4 onward.

  15. #60
    Justice HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Another Plane
    Posts
    1,140
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Monster Mafia 24/04/2013 - Day 1 - Let the games BEGIN!!!


    @Yata; has generously decided to sub in for Vesna.

    Once she has received her role she may confirm in-thread.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •