Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th]

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Important Notes
    -The roles used in this game are as follow: 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies and 2 of [Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper].
    VOTE: G-Mama

You should be good Feralize.
    Not necessarily. The other one might be vanilla townie.

Anyway, there are 7 players so it's twilight now.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

I guess I misunderstood that. It's confusing. Well let's hope its a doctor

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Mini Mafia - Self-Cooking Bacon - Night 2 [October 8th]

The little fire pig proudly held his head up on the gallows, ready for his punishment. He had been caught roasting Poliwag the night before, and was unmasked as a Fire-type partisan as a result. Now was not the time to run; if he wanted to make his fellow Fire-types pround, he would have to fight until the very end, and that is what he would do.

At least, that is what he would do if his legs weren't tied up. The most he could do from this position was firing embers toward no one in particular, as the remaining members of Republic Town were behind him specifically to avoid this. A Flying-type grabbed the rope and passed it around Tepig's neck, before landing on a rusty lever. It eventually fell down, and the trap under the little pig opened up, letting him fall to his death.

It is now Night 2.

This phase should end on October 9th at 20:00, Eastern Time. The thread will be locked until then.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Mini Mafia - Checkmate - Day 3 [October 9th]

"I might kill this one," thought the remaining mafia member. "But that would mean being exposed on that front." The Fire-type went against it and decided to think the situation more thoroughly. He was in a risky spot and needed to surprise his opponent, without putting himself at risk. He observed those he considered disposable pawns, considering his possibilities. "It's now or never," he encouraged himself before acting.

In the end, the Fire-type ended up winning the game of chess. However, only once he took his opponent's king did he realize that it was now morning; he did not have enough time to kill anyone tonight.

It is now Day 3. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Unless a majority is attained before then, this phase should end on October 12th at 20:00, Eastern Time.
    Last edited by Zenax; 9th October 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mini Mafia - Checkmate - Day 3 [October 9th]

We have a cop. That leaves 5 unknowns (4 from mpov but you all won't ever trust me). Someone was probably protected (the flavor text makes it sound like the mafioso didn't kill but whatever). That would leave 2 power roles, leaving 4 unknowns. If the cop has a result from last night, that leaves 3 unknowns (unless the cop was on the other power role). If we have a cop, an innocent, and a doctor, we're in autowin.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

That's an interesting point you make about the flavour text. If it was indeed the mafia no-killing, we might need to be wary of any Doctor claims. Of course, if Feralize didn't get a result tonight, then we'll have a confirmed Jailkeeper.

Best to wait for Feralize to report her result before we make any decisions.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Innocent on Midorikawa.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Some activity would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Okay with that, the amount of possible mafia has been leveled down. Possible mafia are
    KidBeano
    Phoenicks
    Andrea Luminosity
    TheMissingno.

My FoS is on Phoenicks for reasons I already stated.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Okay, before I make any accusations, I want to point out this post, made by a player who flipped mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    No one else has done anything that has really caught my attention at this stage but a common Mafia tactic in two person Mafia (in my experience at least, which as I've said has principally not come from this site so perhaps that's not what happens here) is for one partner to focus on trying to make things happen and controlling the vote while the other sits back and tries not to draw too much attention to themselves. There's no reason to think this is what's happening, but if it is, to me the people most likely to be fulfilling this second role are:

KidBeano, Missy and Feralize.

In spite of Missy's protestations, according to my notes on the game, I don't really have any of the three of them saying anything original of any real substance.

Oh, and just in case this message suggests otherwise, I'm not uninterested in the other two players, Lumi and Phoenicks either, Phoenicks in particular. I'm not going to claim that your absence was faked, Phoenicks, but it did quite conveniently allow you not to be present for pretty much the entirety of the BW on Feli and thus absolve yourself from any guilt in it, without having to have defended her to achieve this level of townleading innocence. Just a warning to people to not just fall behind Phoenicks and follow. This isn't an accusation, as such, though, because there's not really much you can respond to in this (I don't think) as "Well that was a coincidence", your presumed response, isn't really that conducive to discussion.
    I think there's a significant chance that he didn't post this completely randomly. The fact that he knew this strategy gives credit to the fact that he would use it. If he did, then he'd certainly be the one to try to make things happen and control the vote. By this logic, I'm going to go with the only player who's still alive and did not participate in either of the votes.

There was also scumminess in your posts, which I pointed out earlier and questioned but did not receive a response. You are speaking very cryptically and vaguely, and really tried to weasel your way into innocence by virtue of the fact that you did not participate in Feliciano's lynch.

Vote: Phoenicks
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

I stated my reasons before and it seems that TheMissingno has found more also. In Phoenicks most recent post he says that he thinks there is a doctor and not a missed chance at killing despite what the flavor text says so I think that maybe he's either trying to give a false sense of security to us, or he tried to kill Feralize last night and was prevented by the doctor. There's also the fact that his activity has been low because of being away and if the flavor text is correct then it's possible he was to busy to kill.

VOTE: Phoenicks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    I think there's a significant chance that he didn't post this completely randomly. The fact that he knew this strategy gives credit to the fact that he would use it. If he did, then he'd certainly be the one to try to make things happen and control the vote. By this logic, I'm going to go with the only player who's still alive and did not participate in either of the votes.
    I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at here. What strategy? Why exactly does the post incriminate Phoenicks? While I agree that he has been overly-cryptic in his posts (what with his "You're welcome, mafia" and "Thank you mafia" stuff), I'm not seeing how G-Mama's post is justification for his lynch, as it seems more grasping at straws.

Nonetheless, it seems my aforementioned theory was wrong, so I've got no hesitation now. Vote: Phoenicks.
    MORE CAPS

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at here. What strategy? Why exactly does the post incriminate Phoenicks? While I agree that he has been overly-cryptic in his posts (what with his "You're welcome, mafia" and "Thank you mafia" stuff), I'm not seeing how G-Mama's post is justification for his lynch, as it seems more grasping at straws.
    It's not justification in and of itself, but if it is the case that the strategy that he described is the one that he was using, then I think Phoenix would fit the description of the second person. The second most likely in my opinion would be Andrea, but she participated in both lynches so that makes me less sure.

However, I wouldn't vote based on that alone. My vote is mostly based on the way he's been posting.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

It's not justification in and of itself, but if it is the case that the strategy that he described is the one that he was using, then I think Phoenix would fit the description of the second person. The second most likely in my opinion would be Andrea, but she participated in both lynches so that makes me less sure.

However, I wouldn't vote based on that alone. My vote is mostly based on the way he's been posting.
    Oh, I see the strategy now, you meant the one he described in his posts. I thought you meant some other strategy. However, it could be completely possible that that's what he intended for us to think after he was flipped mafia. It's just total WIFOM, and we can never be sure, so really taking a punt is the most we can do here.

My vote was based more on my own suspicions of Phoenicks that I've had since about the beginning of Day 2. The only reason I didn't vote him was because I wanted to see if my theory was right (which I'll reveal if he's lynched).
    MORE CAPS

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What's the point of playing with 3-day phases if you want to end this immediately. I've got my Economics midterm tonight. This can be my only defense. If you want to lynch me, you have a 4-hour opportunity where I can't defend myself. Go at it mafia.

Okay with that, the amount of possible mafia has been leveled down. Possible mafia are
    KidBeano
    Phoenicks
    Andrea Luminosity
    TheMissingno.

My FoS is on Phoenicks for reasons I already stated.
    Okay. I'm not mafia for reasons I already stated.

Okay, before I make any accusations, I want to point out this post, made by a player who flipped mafia.

The odds of cop getting a guilty on the first night were low. The odds that G-Mama behaved in a way meant to capitalize on this possibility are lower. At best G-Mama's post is WIFOM. And I can't rebut that.

I will say on the votes:

Day 1: I was at school
    Day 2: I was at school
    Day 3: I was at school

I'm rather confused as to how our 3-day phases keep disappearing. Probably the fact that this is what irks me most is not helping my case. Oh well, I've nothing to prove. Doesn't reflect poorly on my performance if everyone else rushes to lynch at every opportunity.

There was also scumminess in your posts, which I pointed out earlier and questioned but did not receive a response. You are speaking very cryptically and vaguely, and really tried to weasel your way into innocence by virtue of the fact that you did not participate in Feliciano's lynch.
    I wanted to wait for more people to post so the thread didn't become all about me. Then the end of Day 2 locked the thread. Then I didn't want to be the one to restart discussion. (Scum.)

I stated my reasons before and it seems that TheMissingno has found more also.
    When I flip town you will ask yourself why you quietly agreed with Missingno. instead of challenging him on anything. I'm town and know it; you guys are wasting the town's collective breath if you spend the day interrogating me only.

In Phoenicks most recent post he says that he thinks there is a doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    We have a cop. That leaves 5 unknowns (4 from mpov but you all won't ever trust me). Someone was probably protected (the flavor text makes it sound like the mafioso didn't kill but whatever). That would leave 2 power roles, leaving 4 unknowns. If the cop has a result from last night, that leaves 3 unknowns (unless the cop was on the other power role). If we have a cop, an innocent, and a doctor, we're in autowin.
    No I didn't.

There's also the fact that his activity has been low because of being away and if the flavor text is correct then it's possible he was to busy to kill.
    I was away for one Day. I'm back now.

Yay somebody debating more than one person.

Nonetheless, it seems my aforementioned theory was wrong, so I've got no hesitation now. Vote: Phoenicks.
    Boo.

That's not a point I can debate.

Oh, I see the strategy now, you meant the one he described in his posts. I thought you meant some other strategy. However, it could be completely possible that that's what he intended for us to think after he was flipped mafia. It's just total WIFOM, and we can never be sure, so really taking a punt is the most we can do here.

My vote was based more on my own suspicions of Phoenicks that I've had since about the beginning of Day 2. The only reason I didn't vote him was because I wanted to see if my theory was right (which I'll reveal if he's lynched).
    That's not either.

Not only did you all not give me time to rebut, you didn't give me substantive arguments either. I don't have the time to search for FOS's except to say that my suspicion was minorly on Luminosity before she responded to my questions.

I'm not bad by the way. I'm bored. You can lynch me now.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast