Mafia: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th] - Page 6

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 150
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th]

  1. #76
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Okay. So I guess we should get discussion going.

  2. #77
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Oh, come on!!!

    Good luck town

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  3. #78
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Thank you, mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    It's not that she's going to be away it's that she said that Phoenicks is most likely innocent because he's going away and then announced her own leaving making it seem like she's also automatically innocent because she's also going away when truthfully going away doesn't clear either especially since day phases are so long so it gives mafia plenty of time to be away.
    Take a breath.

    In.

    Out.

    One sentence should contain one fully-realized idea. Just one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Feliciano; If we don't vote then how did you plan on getting discussion going, or would you rather just sit around and let the mafia kill us?
    That's unfounded. Don't be hysterical.

    At the beginning of any mafia, no matter how small, if there isn't pressure put on anyone then there is no way to get information. Voting puts the most pressure on players.
    Feliciano is a pro. Be careful who you patronize.

    As you can see my one little random vote
    Careful with how much credit you take.


    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    I'm late to this shindig D:

    @Feliciano;
    A person making a random vote at the beginning of a three-day day phase (and the first phase of the game at that) doesn't strike me as a good reason for voting them with the intent to lynch. Why not FoS, gauge their reactions a bit, before placing a vote?
    How much of the thread did you catch up on? Did you read, browse, or skim?

    At least for me, it isn't so much the announcement that you are going to be absent that seems scummy, but more the statement that it's just coincidence that your declaration of absence coincided with Phoenicks' and you were weren't planning on using it to make yourself look innocent. It comes across as being hyperaware of how you might be perceived, which is something I think mafia exhibit more than townies.
    Same question(s).

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    The BW was formed from my initial FOS and I actually agree that I FOS Feli more than anyone else presently, however I do find that each subsequent person is probably more likely to be Mafia if the target turns out to be town. I'll move on to my thoughts on Feli later, but first, what I think of Mido at the moment.
    At what point of a bandwagon do you suspect that mafia would jump, and why?

    Essentially, you voted Neon when it looked like that was what I was leaning towards then when things started turning against Feli you not only voted her but claimed that she had been your FoS all along which is just plainly untrue.


    I'm growing ever more certain of your scumness. I also realised something: while there's no reason that a mafioso should need to be online during the night phase because there partner can take care of everything, there is need for a Doctor, Cop or Jailkeeper to be online during the nightphase because they cannot have someone else give their command for them. Since you specifically mentioned that someone who needed to be around would make sure that they were around even if they needed to take an absence (in the same post that you mentioned your own absence), I'm inclined to believe that if it was really really important to the game, you'd make sure that you had some sort of access so that you could submit your orders. Therefore, while I am about 80% sure you're Mafia, I am 100% sure that you are not a power role. By my count we have two mislynches (someone might want to correct me on that though) so I'm pretty comfortable lynching someone who I suspect is Mafia and am sure isn't a power role.
    The nightphase was originally scheduled to be after Feli announced that she'd be back. You all ended it early.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Then just fucking lynch me off if you're all so damn suspicious. I'm sick of repeating myself.
    To be fair, they never listened in the first place. My apologies Feli.

    Bulba, I hope that one supposed scumtell isn't enough to condemn someone forever. The ease with which the suspicion spread, on Day 1, should have been a clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Regarding your vote: You didn't really give a reason for voting Mido, or at the very least, you didn't give one that wasn't vague as heck. Yeah, you've cleared it up now, but the vote was on the very thin line between random and straw-grasping.
    If you didn't suspect Feli enough to vote for her, why did you respond to her without defending her?

    Why should I need to point out any of my tells? I'm not supposed to be telling you what to think of me. As far as I see it, town-tells aren't set in stone - that's why it annoys me so much when someone starts a bandwagon on a mafia and then everyone claims to them. Unless I have logic that proves I'm clear, I'm not going to try and big myself up or drag myself down.
    Thanks. That's everything I was looking for.

    Like I said, I wasn't making any sort of judgement on whether inactivity correlated to being mafia. In fact, I was discouraging it. I was just annoyed that Zenax put in the first post that activity was a must, and then we have two people leave within 24 hours.
    You avoided turning that into a criticism of me; you went straight back to the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama
    As a note to all other players. By my count, my vote is the fourth on Feliciano, which means that the next one will lock the votes. Only vote for Feliciano if you are absolutely sure you want her lynched. If you have already voted for Feliciano and are not absolutely sure that you her lynched, I suggest you unvote her immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Vote: Feliciano

    Besides her very flimsy reasoning for voting Midorikawa and what I see as her being overly concerned about not looking scummy when announcing her absence, that "just fucking lynch me" statement doesn't sit well with me. I don't think a townie would be so quick to basically throw in the towel; I would think they'd be concerned about the town mislynching and falling behind and continue to fight for their innocence.
    So again: How closely did you read the thread before you posted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Okay. So I guess we should get discussion going.
    Go ahead.

    You're welcome, mafia.

  4. #79
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    @Phoenicks;
    I read every post. I don't skim and then make a vote. I was wrong about Feliciano, and in hindsight I think I ended up tunneling her - which fucking sucks because I hate being wrong and I hate being responsible for the town falling behind.

    Also, Feliciano said she was going to be gone 10/6, 10/7, and some of 10/8. Day 1, if we had waited until the very end to get a majority (or just let the phase deadline pass and let whoever had the most votes be lynched there be a no lynch), would have ended 10/6, and the night phase would have ended on 10/7. She wouldn't have been back before the night phase ended.

    EDIT: Forgot that no one would have been lynched if there hadn't been a majority by the phase deadline.
    Last edited by Luminosity; 7th October 2012 at 12:42 AM.

  5. #80
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Then just fucking lynch me off if you're all so damn suspicious. I'm sick of repeating myself.
    To be fair, they never listened in the first place. My apologies Feli.
    Listened to you? I just looked at your posts and you did nothing to help her so why are you trying to make it sound like you did?

    Bulba, I hope that one supposed scumtell isn't enough to condemn someone forever. The ease with which the suspicion spread, on Day 1, should have been a clue.
    People acting scummy or odd in mafias is how you figure out who is mafia and who is town. Also it was more then one thing that made Feliciano seem scummy. You asked Luminosity if she read through the thread but I should ask you the same. Either we could discuss and lynch those who seem like mafia in hopes of getting a mafia even if it risks losing a townie, or we could sit around and do nothing while the mafia kills us one by one giving them the win.

  6. #81
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Btw guys, I got warned for my post to Feli for saying "no need to go all Drama queen and give us attitude" and apparently "talking down". So, as much as I disagree that you can keep personal digs out of mafia 100%, sometimes my points might come across odd because I'm trying to find a way to phrase it so I'm not "baiting".

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    If you didn't suspect Feli enough to vote for her, why did you respond to her without defending her?
    I never said I didn't suspect Feli enough to vote for her. G-Mama said that I put a FoS on Feli after he did, but at the point to which he was referring, I was merely pointing out a suspicious move that Feli had done - as you said yourself, one scummy move doesn't mean the culprit is scum. However, after her outburst was when I kind of leaned towards her lynch (because, as I said before, she basically softclaimed not-a-power-role, which means she basically softclaimed blue). She was being too touchy about the lynch for my liking. However, I didn't vote for her because I didn't want to waste the phase. Had it gotten to a couple of hours before and there were still only 4 votes on Feli, I would've voted.

    You avoided turning that into a criticism of me; you went straight back to the point.
    I'm still confused as to what you're expecting me to say. I'm not trying to make anything in that quote a criticism of anyone, unless you mean the "join but then went inactive straight away", in which case, that's a criticism of your and Feli's pre-game actions (i.e. joining), not during-game, so it bears no relevance; I was just stating my annoyance.

    Thank you, mafia.
    You're welcome, mafia.
    If I'm honest, I'm not liking these statements, alongside your "here is one of my self-scumtells". They're WIFOM statements through and through, and I'm in a split-mind in how to perceive you from them. I have a theory in my mind which I'll keep to myself for now (as outing it has the potential to do us more harm than good), but if we get into a certain situation, I'll say it.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  7. #82
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Unless the TheMissingno., Feralize, or Midorikawa unvoted, I was the fifth vote, and 5/9 is a majority.
    I was accessing the thread from my phone. I didn't see that you had also voted because the way my phone shows threads makes it difficult to see properly what's going on. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    The BW was formed from my initial FOS and I actually agree that I FOS Feli more than anyone else presently, however I do find that each subsequent person is probably more likely to be Mafia if the target turns out to be town. I'll move on to my thoughts on Feli later, but first, what I think of Mido at the moment.
    At what point of a bandwagon do you suspect that mafia would jump, and why?
    Well, in a very basic sense, after the point where the beginnings of a bandwagon have already formed (so they are less likely to be blamed for starting a bandwagon which draws attention to them) but probably before the hammer because that also draws unwanted attention. Of course, that's a little oversimplified.

    By that logic, looking at votes alone, the most likely culprits are: Feralize, Mido and myself (with Missy having voted first and Lumi having dropped the hammer)

    Of course the situation is not as simple as that. The first mention of Feli's scumminess was by me (in this post I also registered minor FOSs on you and Neon, obviously not a very successful post on the whole we can see now but that's hardly the point). Mido said she agreed but only mentioned FOSing you and Neon at this point (later she claimed she actually meant Feli and Neon but as I explained in this post I think that's just a lie). KidBeano then registered a FOS on Feli. Missy then registered a FOS on Feli and threw down the first vote. (Since two people had already registered FOSs by this point, it's not quite the BW starter that would have made me reluctant to name him mafia at this point, though it's also not particularly scummy - ftr I have a fairly neutral read on him atm). Feralize was next to vote Feli. Again, I have no reason to believe she is or isn't mafia based on this vote. After these votes, Mido then claimed that she had FOS'd Feli all along and threw down her own vote: this I find very suspicious owing to her earlier posts and the point at which she voted. Luminosity then FOS'd Feli but didn't vote, I'd be interested to know why. I then voted Feli, perhaps this makes me suspicious (I merely registered a FOS on three people at once and then voted once a BW was very much established) but that is for others to speculate on, not me. I will say, however, that I stand by the fact that Feli was extremely suspicious in spite of the fact that she flipped town. Lumi then slammed the hammer after I had made it very clear that the next vote was the hammer.

    In short, as I said I would be if Feli flipped town in the previous day phase, my major FOS at the moment is Mido. She has not only switched her FOSs around to whoever was the leading scapegoat at the time but tried to claim that that person had always been her FOS, which is just plainly untrue if you look back through this same thread. It's very obvious that Mido was FOSing Neon and Phoenicks NOT Neon and Feliciano after my post but I believe I've shown that clearly enough in the earlier post of mine linked to above.

    Of course, I was just as sure that Feli was Mafia, so perhaps I should hold off for some time. (Although, to be fair, I was also 100% certain that Feli was not a town power role, which was correct, which is why I was more willing to vote for her than I would for anyone else right now.) I'd also like to hear a little more from Mido, though I suspect she might stick to her ridiculous story that she had indeed voted Feliciano all along.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks
    I'm growing ever more certain of your scumness. I also realised something: while there's no reason that a mafioso should need to be online during the night phase because there partner can take care of everything, there is need for a Doctor, Cop or Jailkeeper to be online during the nightphase because they cannot have someone else give their command for them. Since you specifically mentioned that someone who needed to be around would make sure that they were around even if they needed to take an absence (in the same post that you mentioned your own absence), I'm inclined to believe that if it was really really important to the game, you'd make sure that you had some sort of access so that you could submit your orders. Therefore, while I am about 80% sure you're Mafia, I am 100% sure that you are not a power role. By my count we have two mislynches (someone might want to correct me on that though) so I'm pretty comfortable lynching someone who I suspect is Mafia and am sure isn't a power role.
    The nightphase was originally scheduled to be after Feli announced that she'd be back. You all ended it early.
    As Luminosity pointed out, this isn't true. Even if it hadn't ended early, she wouldn't have been back before the end of the night phase so this point stands.


    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    I never said I didn't suspect Feli enough to vote for her. G-Mama said that I put a FoS on Feli after he did, but at the point to which he was referring, I was merely pointing out a suspicious move that Feli had done - as you said yourself, one scummy move doesn't mean the culprit is scum. However, after her outburst was when I kind of leaned towards her lynch (because, as I said before, she basically softclaimed not-a-power-role, which means she basically softclaimed blue). She was being too touchy about the lynch for my liking. However, I didn't vote for her because I didn't want to waste the phase. Had it gotten to a couple of hours before and there were still only 4 votes on Feli, I would've voted.
    So you didn't want to drop the hammer but if time had passed and no new evidence had surfaced, you would have? I don't quite understand the logic there. I'll add that you were the only person to FOS Feli and not vote for her. I'd like to know why.

  8. #83
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post


    SO, my top FOSs so far (in no particular order) are Feliciano and Neon Borealis. Neither really strong enough for me to feel the need to throw on a vote at this early stage (though I am tempted to see who would BW) but these are my thoughts.

    More on this as it develops. Gama out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I just did a random vote to get some discussion going and it looks like it worked. I agree with G-mama FoS. Phoenicks and Neon Borealis said random voting was a no go here yet they jumped on creating a bandwagon of my vote. Voting puts pressure so it's always a good way for info

    UNVOTE: G-Mama
    VOTE: Neon Borealis


    Phoenicks won't be here to defend himself so it could cause problems if he's a town power role
    @Neon Borealis;
    Also I realize I contradicted myself when I voted Feliciano. Though being both her and Phoenicks were going to be unable to post I can say it's not that farfetch'd to confuse names. Also I changed my FoS once because I realized I put Phoenicks instead of Feliciano, twice and realized the mistake after. The first one was TheMissingno thinking I was FoSing G-Mama when I wasn't.

  9. #84
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    So you didn't want to drop the hammer but if time had passed and no new evidence had surfaced, you would have? I don't quite understand the logic there. I'll add that you were the only person to FOS Feli and not vote for her. I'd like to know why.
    The logic is that by Lumi hammering Feli, we wasted a whole 24 hours that could've been used as discussion time. If I'd have hammered in a previous post, it would've been wasting even more time. I wasn't against lynching Feli, I just wanted to play out as much of the day as possible, especially since the thread is locked during the night. Like I said, I would have voted near the end - I didn't not-vote out of doubt.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  10. #85
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post


    SO, my top FOSs so far (in no particular order) are Feliciano and Neon Borealis. Neither really strong enough for me to feel the need to throw on a vote at this early stage (though I am tempted to see who would BW) but these are my thoughts.

    More on this as it develops. Gama out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I just did a random vote to get some discussion going and it looks like it worked. I agree with G-mama FoS. Phoenicks and Neon Borealis said random voting was a no go here yet they jumped on creating a bandwagon of my vote. Voting puts pressure so it's always a good way for info

    UNVOTE: G-Mama
    VOTE: Neon Borealis


    Phoenicks won't be here to defend himself so it could cause problems if he's a town power role
    @Neon Borealis;
    Also I realize I contradicted myself when I voted Feliciano. Though being both her and Phoenicks were going to be unable to post I can say it's not that farfetch'd to confuse names. Also I changed my FoS once because I realized I put Phoenicks instead of Feliciano, twice and realized the mistake after. The first one was TheMissingno thinking I was FoSing G-Mama when I wasn't.
    Good job on taking my quote completely out of context. I ended the post you quoted by saying that Feliciano and Neon were my top FOSs but the first part of the quote was explaining why things that Phoenicks and Neon did was slightly suspicious, the second part was talking about Feli and then I said the last bit that you quoted. You responded by saying you agreed with my FOSs and only named Phoenicks and Neon. I could perhaps believe that this was just a mistake and you'd gotten the names confused if you hadn't said Phoenicks "instead of" Feli a second time, even referring to him with the male pronoun, only managing to "correct yourself" once Feli was the player with the most suspicion cast over her.
    Last edited by Gama; 7th October 2012 at 10:40 AM.

  11. #86
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    @G-Mama; I took out the rest of your quote as to make it smaller and show only the important part. When I did it a second time I was looking at my words and retyping them, not yours. I noticed me typing Phoenicks and my mind registered him as a him as it would register Feliciano as a girl. Whether or not you believe me is up to you. I don't see any point in arguing this farther as there is nothing else I can say to defend myself. If you want to lynch me then lynch me.

  12. #87
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    Of course the situation is not as simple as that. The first mention of Feli's scumminess was by me (in this post I also registered minor FOSs on you and Neon, obviously not a very successful post on the whole we can see now but that's hardly the point). Mido said she agreed but only mentioned FOSing you and Neon at this point (later she claimed she actually meant Feli and Neon but as I explained in this post I think that's just a lie). KidBeano then registered a FOS on Feli. Missy then registered a FOS on Feli and threw down the first vote. (Since two people had already registered FOSs by this point, it's not quite the BW starter that would have made me reluctant to name him mafia at this point, though it's also not particularly scummy - ftr I have a fairly neutral read on him atm). Feralize was next to vote Feli. Again, I have no reason to believe she is or isn't mafia based on this vote. After these votes, Mido then claimed that she had FOS'd Feli all along and threw down her own vote: this I find very suspicious owing to her earlier posts and the point at which she voted. Luminosity then FOS'd Feli but didn't vote, I'd be interested to know why. I then voted Feli, perhaps this makes me suspicious (I merely registered a FOS on three people at once and then voted once a BW was very much established) but that is for others to speculate on, not me. I will say, however, that I stand by the fact that Feli was extremely suspicious in spite of the fact that she flipped town. Lumi then slammed the hammer after I had made it very clear that the next vote was the hammer.
    I didn't vote for Feliciano at the time I FoSed her because I wanted to hear more from her before making my decision. I had two trains of thought going on: one was that we might have been making too much out of her words and the other was that she was mafia for the reasons I stated in my FoS. After her response that we should just lynch her if we were so suspicious, I started to favor the second train of thought more and more as time went on, which in the end resulted in my vote.

    In hindsight there were two problems with me putting so much emphasis on that 'lynch me if you are so suspicious' post when considering whether to vote:
    --One is that my FoS was posted right after she responded to Feralize. I don't know that I wouldn't have been frustrated if I was in her shoes (responding to someone and then immediately afterward another person says I am suspicious). I had started typing my FoS before Feliciano had posted, so it wasn't intentional, but it was bad timing. I also didn't think that I was asking her to rehash what she had already said, but what were clear differences to me must have gotten lost when transferring my thoughts from mind to computer screen.
    --Second is that from what I've seen of her activity in the War Room (and why I didn't consider this at the time is face palm worthy), her opportunity to come online and post is in the evenings well after 5pm our time (when Zenax updates the phase) or in the early AM hours, so there is a good chance she wouldn't have been able to defend herself before the phase update. So what I saw as her throwing in the towel might just have been frustration at the time and her being busy later.

    So yeah, I'll be more careful when voting from now on. I didn't think I was voting carelessly at the time, but in hindsight, I should have thought through it more.

    @Midorikawa;
    Are you giving up? You don't see the point in continuing to discuss what G-Mama brought up about your FoS, but are you going to scumhunt? We've had a decent amount of activity in this game, is there nothing that strikes you as suspicious or scummy?

  13. #88
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    @Luminosity; That was just to my argument with G-Mama. Saying this will probably make me look suspicious but Phoenicks whole post before was pretty pointless. I don't see how it matters that I patronized Feliciano because according to him she's a pro or why does it matter that the phase update would have been after she got back, which as others pointed out wasn't true. He said a few useful things but that's it. And finally those hello and thank you mafia parts just irk me.

  14. #89
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Thank you, mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    @Phoenicks;
    I read every post. I don't skim and then make a vote. I was wrong about Feliciano, and in hindsight I think I ended up tunneling her - which fucking sucks because I hate being wrong and I hate being responsible for the town falling behind.

    Also, Feliciano said she was going to be gone 10/6, 10/7, and some of 10/8. Day 1, if we had waited until the very end to get a majority (or just let the phase deadline pass and let whoever had the most votes be lynched there be a no lynch), would have ended 10/6, and the night phase would have ended on 10/7. She wouldn't have been back before the night phase ended.

    EDIT: Forgot that no one would have been lynched if there hadn't been a majority by the phase deadline.
    Here's why I ask:

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    I'm late to this shindig D:
    You posted later and noted that, which allows you to claim varying degrees of attentiveness. Now that we've established how much you've read, I can begin:

    @Feliciano;
    A person making a random vote at the beginning of a three-day day phase (and the first phase of the game at that) doesn't strike me as a good reason for voting them with the intent to lynch. Why not FoS, gauge their reactions a bit, before placing a vote?
    This post has a quality I'll call "tone-deafness". Here's what I mean:



    Emphasis is mine. Out of all the people who voted, why did you pressure the one person with a reasoned-post? Midorakawa voted randomly. I bandwagoned. Neon B. bandwagoned. Feli voted Midorakawa for being the one to random vote. Any casual observer could see that you attacked Feli for a post where she criticized the same thing you criticized, and ignored the people who did what you accused Feli of doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Vote: Feliciano

    Besides her very flimsy reasoning for voting Midorikawa and what I see as her being overly concerned about not looking scummy when announcing her absence, that "just fucking lynch me" statement doesn't sit well with me. I don't think a townie would be so quick to basically throw in the towel; I would think they'd be concerned about the town mislynching and falling behind and continue to fight for their innocence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    Doesnt it have to be one more vote before twilight?
    Unless the TheMissingno., Feralize, or Midorikawa unvoted, I was the fifth vote, and 5/9 is a majority.
    You were later aware that your vote was the 5th one. You claim to have read the thread -- so you should've been aware to begin with that you were casting the day-ending vote. Why didn't you reference that in your post? Why didn't you announce your intention before voting? You took away 24 hours of discussion. Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Listened to you? I just looked at your posts and you did nothing to help her so why are you trying to make it sound like you did?
    Nobody listened to Feli's arguments, and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help her. They're two separate ideas.

    People acting scummy or odd in mafias is how you figure out who is mafia and who is town.
    In this case, how you don't figure out who is town.

    Also it was more then one thing that made Feliciano seem scummy. You asked Luminosity if she read through the thread but I should ask you the same. Either we could discuss and lynch those who seem like mafia in hopes of getting a mafia even if it risks losing a townie, or we could sit around and do nothing while the mafia kills us one by one giving them the win.
    Oh is that how you play mafia?

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Btw guys, I got warned for my post to Feli for saying "no need to go all Drama queen and give us attitude" and apparently "talking down". So, as much as I disagree that you can keep personal digs out of mafia 100%, sometimes my points might come across odd because I'm trying to find a way to phrase it so I'm not "baiting".
    That's lame. Which post was it?

    I never said I didn't suspect Feli enough to vote for her. G-Mama said that I put a FoS on Feli after he did, but at the point to which he was referring, I was merely pointing out a suspicious move that Feli had done - as you said yourself, one scummy move doesn't mean the culprit is scum. However, after her outburst was when I kind of leaned towards her lynch (because, as I said before, she basically softclaimed not-a-power-role, which means she basically softclaimed blue). She was being too touchy about the lynch for my liking. However, I didn't vote for her because I didn't want to waste the phase. Had it gotten to a couple of hours before and there were still only 4 votes on Feli, I would've voted.
    Works for me.

    You avoided turning that into a criticism of me; you went straight back to the point.
    I'm still confused as to what you're expecting me to say. I'm not trying to make anything in that quote a criticism of anyone, unless you mean the "join but then went inactive straight away", in which case, that's a criticism of your and Feli's pre-game actions (i.e. joining), not during-game, so it bears no relevance; I was just stating my annoyance.
    That was an observation, not a criticism. I'm not really interested in defending myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama

    So you didn't want to drop the hammer but if time had passed and no new evidence had surfaced, you would have? I don't quite understand the logic there. I'll add that you were the only person to FOS Feli and not vote for her. I'd like to know why.
    The point is that hammering early eliminates discussion time.

    [QUOTE=G-Mama;4391404][QUOTE=Midorikawa;4391155]
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post


    SO, my top FOSs so far (in no particular order) are Feliciano and Neon Borealis. Neither really strong enough for me to feel the need to throw on a vote at this early stage (though I am tempted to see who would BW) but these are my thoughts.

    More on this as it develops. Gama out.
    That theory panned. Now what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I just did a random vote to get some discussion going and it looks like it worked.


    Good job on taking my quote completely out of context. I ended the post you quoted by saying that Feliciano and Neon were my top FOSs but the first part of the quote was explaining why things that Phoenicks and Neon did was slightly suspicious, the second part was talking about Feli and then I said the last bit that you quoted. You responded by saying you agreed with my FOSs and only named Phoenicks and Neon. I could perhaps believe that this was just a mistake and you'd gotten the names confused if you hadn't said Phoenicks "instead of" Feli a second time, even referring to him with the male pronoun, only managing to "correct yourself" once Feli was the player with the most suspicion cast over her.
    This discussion has stopped being useful. Now it will degenerate into WIFOM.

    You're welcome, mafia.

  15. #90
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Thank you, mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    @Phoenicks;
    I read every post. I don't skim and then make a vote. I was wrong about Feliciano, and in hindsight I think I ended up tunneling her - which fucking sucks because I hate being wrong and I hate being responsible for the town falling behind.

    Also, Feliciano said she was going to be gone 10/6, 10/7, and some of 10/8. Day 1, if we had waited until the very end to get a majority (or just let the phase deadline pass and let whoever had the most votes be lynched there be a no lynch), would have ended 10/6, and the night phase would have ended on 10/7. She wouldn't have been back before the night phase ended.

    EDIT: Forgot that no one would have been lynched if there hadn't been a majority by the phase deadline.
    Here's why I ask:

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    I'm late to this shindig D:
    You posted later and noted that, which allows you to claim varying degrees of attentiveness. Now that we've established how much you've read, I can begin:
    I was a little irritated with myself that I hadn't posted earlier because I think activity is important yet there I was not posting. It wasn't an attempt to allow me to later claim that I wasn't paying attention or only half paying attention (I don't know that I'd ever want to claim that).

    @Feliciano;
    A person making a random vote at the beginning of a three-day day phase (and the first phase of the game at that) doesn't strike me as a good reason for voting them with the intent to lynch. Why not FoS, gauge their reactions a bit, before placing a vote?
    This post has a quality I'll call "tone-deafness". Here's what I mean:



    Emphasis is mine. Out of all the people who voted, why did you pressure the one person with a reasoned-post? Midorakawa voted randomly. I bandwagoned. Neon B. bandwagoned. Feli voted Midorakawa for being the one to random vote. Any casual observer could see that you attacked Feli for a post where she criticized the same thing you criticized, and ignored the people who did what you accused Feli of doing.
    I wasn't aware that I was doing that at the time. I said in a previous post that in hindsight I think I had tunneled her, but what you pointed out shows me I did that in pretty stark relief.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Vote: Feliciano

    Besides her very flimsy reasoning for voting Midorikawa and what I see as her being overly concerned about not looking scummy when announcing her absence, that "just fucking lynch me" statement doesn't sit well with me. I don't think a townie would be so quick to basically throw in the towel; I would think they'd be concerned about the town mislynching and falling behind and continue to fight for their innocence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    Doesnt it have to be one more vote before twilight?
    Unless the TheMissingno., Feralize, or Midorikawa unvoted, I was the fifth vote, and 5/9 is a majority.
    You were later aware that your vote was the 5th one. You claim to have read the thread -- so you should've been aware to begin with that you were casting the day-ending vote. Why didn't you reference that in your post? Why didn't you announce your intention before voting? You took away 24 hours of discussion. Why
    I didn't think I needed to reference that. Anyone who read the thread closely would have known that G-Mama was the fourth vote and that anyone who voted for Feliciano afterwards was the fifth.

    As for announcing my intention, I don't think that's something I've ever employed in a mafia game. I should try that out in future situations; maybe it would have helped Day 1 turn out differently.

    I thought Feliciano was mafia and that waiting an extra 24 hours to find that out was pointless. In hindsight, that was very shortsighted of me. The discussion that would have happened those last 24 hours would have provided us with more material on which to base suspicions and further discussion. So when I said in my last post that I'd be more careful about voting from now on, that includes avoiding an early end to future day phases.

    EDIT: Oh, and what is up with those "Thank you mafia" or "You're welcome mafia" statements that you've done twice now? xD

    EDIT #2:
    @Zenax;
    Luminosity is now Andrea Luminosity
    Last edited by Luminosity; 7th October 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •