Mafia: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th] - Page 5

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 150
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th]

  1. #61
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    I'm late to this shindig D:

    @Feliciano;
    A person making a random vote at the beginning of a three-day day phase (and the first phase of the game at that) doesn't strike me as a good reason for voting them with the intent to lynch. Why not FoS, gauge their reactions a bit, before placing a vote?

    At least for me, it isn't so much the announcement that you are going to be absent that seems scummy, but more the statement that it's just coincidence that your declaration of absence coincided with Phoenicks' and you were weren't planning on using it to make yourself look innocent. It comes across as being hyperaware of how you might be perceived, which is something I think mafia exhibit more than townies.

  2. #62
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,162
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Then just fucking lynch me off if you're all so damn suspicious. I'm sick of repeating myself.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  3. #63
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Firstly, I'm taking note of the order in which this Feliciano bandwagon has developed: 1) Missy 2) Feralize 3) Mido

    The BW was formed from my initial FOS and I actually agree that I FOS Feli more than anyone else presently, however I do find that each subsequent person is probably more likely to be Mafia if the target turns out to be town. I'll move on to my thoughts on Feli later, but first, what I think of Mido at the moment.

    This I find particularly suspect:

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @Phoenicks; I don't know whats wrong with me today. I mistyped that, I meant FoS on Feliciano and Neon Borealis as G-Mama said not you sorry about that ^^;
    This is like the third time you've changed your FOS or something? Also, it's clearly just not true by looking at your older posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I just did a random vote to get some discussion going and it looks like it worked. I agree with G-mama FoS. Phoenicks and Neon Borealis said random voting was a no go here yet they jumped on creating a bandwagon of my vote. Voting puts pressure so it's always a good way for info

    UNVOTE: G-Mama
    VOTE: Neon Borealis


    Phoenicks won't be here to defend himself so it could cause problems if he's a town power role
    @Neon Borealis;
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I didn't mean FoS on G-Mama, I meant it on Phoenicks and Neon Borealis. Sorry for the confusion
    @TheMissingno.;
    I actually fully believe you didn't mean you FOS'd me and what you meant to say was "I agree with G-Mama's FoS" rather than "I agree with G-Mama Fos". However, it's obviously not true that when you posted that message you meant Neon and Feli rather than Neon and Phoenicks. For one, you say Phoenicks repeatedly. You say it in both your first and second message. I just don't buy that you meant Feli BOTH TIMES. Also, you specifically mention his absence. Sure, Feli had announced an absence as well but at a different time that wouldn't have interfered in the way that you referred to his absence interfering. You also used the male pronoun to refer to Phoenicks, which I'm fairly sure you wouldn't have done if you were talking about Feliciano.

    My top FOS at this moment remains Feli but if she is lynched and flips town, you will be my primary FOS. She is scummy enough that I believe you could just be getting confused and talking crap but the way you've been playing just reeks of mafia jumping on a BW and trying to make themselves look innocent. Essentially, you voted Neon when it looked like that was what I was leaning towards then when things started turning against Feli you not only voted her but claimed that she had been your FoS all along which is just plainly untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    -_- Yes, I know it was terrible timing. However, I can't exactly help that I come on to announce that I'm going to be away for the weekend and find that Nick has also announced that he'll be away. Is it scummy as fuck? Probably. But it's the truth - I do not intend to use my absence to prove my innocence, I was merely announcing it and then tossing out a line of thought that occurred to me as I read through the thread since no outside communication is allowed. Believe it or don't - it doesn't change the fact that that was my line of thought.
    As I think Missy has already said, it is not "scummy as fuck" to announce an absence shortly after someone else does. What is "scummy as fuck" is that your post was essentially this (excuse the major paraphrasing):

    "Phoenicks is going to be away, I think that means he is almost definitely not Mafia. Also, I'm going to be away. I'm not trying to say I'm innocent by announcing my absence!"

    Yeah... You can say you weren't trying to look innocent all you want but when you say "X=innocent. I'm doing X" it makes it look like you're trying to clear yourself. Even more so when X=innocent is just clearly untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano
    If you're all hell bent on lynching me, well, there's not a whole lot I can do about that, and I apologize. All I can do now is be honest and hope that you all believe the truth.
    Yeah, and this makes me think you're Mafia even more. In my experience (which admittedly is mostly not on Bulbagarden, so trends COULD be different here) when a townie is about to be lynched, this is not how they react, particularly not as early on in the day as you said this (when, I might add, there was not a single vote on you). Typically they will protest their innocent and fight for their survival. The people who say "FINE WHATEVER VOTE FOR ME IF YOU WANT!!!! GOD!!!!!!!" at the first sign of any suspicion towards them tend to be the Mafia players who are a little too aware of their own lies.

    I'm growing ever more certain of your scumness. I also realised something: while there's no reason that a mafioso should need to be online during the night phase because there partner can take care of everything, there is need for a Doctor, Cop or Jailkeeper to be online during the nightphase because they cannot have someone else give their command for them. Since you specifically mentioned that someone who needed to be around would make sure that they were around even if they needed to take an absence (in the same post that you mentioned your own absence), I'm inclined to believe that if it was really really important to the game, you'd make sure that you had some sort of access so that you could submit your orders. Therefore, while I am about 80% sure you're Mafia, I am 100% sure that you are not a power role. By my count we have two mislynches (someone might want to correct me on that though) so I'm pretty comfortable lynching someone who I suspect is Mafia and am sure isn't a power role.

    (Though I will add, just in case I die tonight, that if Feli DOES flip town attention should be turned towards Mido. That does NOT mean instantly bandwagon Mido but it does mean begin investigations in that direction.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Then just fucking lynch me off if you're all so damn suspicious. I'm sick of repeating myself.
    As you wish. Vote: Feliciano

    As a note to all other players. By my count, my vote is the fourth on Feliciano, which means that the next one will lock the votes. Only vote for Feliciano if you are absolutely sure you want her lynched. If you have already voted for Feliciano and are not absolutely sure that you her lynched, I suggest you unvote her immediately.

  4. #64
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Then just fucking lynch me off if you're all so damn suspicious. I'm sick of repeating myself.
    I never said that you weren't genuinely going inactive. I also never said that you going inactive at the same time as Phoenicks was supicious. I said that the fact that you said "Nick's going inactive, he's probably innocent" and then proceeded to say "Also, I'm going inactive as well" didn't sit well with me, due to the possible attempt at subtle self-clearing.

    Regarding your vote: You didn't really give a reason for voting Mido, or at the very least, you didn't give one that wasn't vague as heck. Yeah, you've cleared it up now, but the vote was on the very thin line between random and straw-grasping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Not sure if I should take that as towntelling genuine anger or you channeling your anger toward appearing innocent. Tell me, what are your self-tells?
    It wasn't really anger, more a facepalm moment :3

    Why should I need to point out any of my tells? I'm not supposed to be telling you what to think of me. As far as I see it, town-tells aren't set in stone - that's why it annoys me so much when someone starts a bandwagon on a mafia and then everyone claims to them. Unless I have logic that proves I'm clear, I'm not going to try and big myself up or drag myself down.

    If I was mafia, then it would be in my interests for everyone else to be quiet. Would it be in my interests to be quiet? You don't say -- you don't address any possibility of me being mafia.

    I expect to be nightkilled anyways. If the mafia were interested in lynching me there'd be more pressure on me. I'm not seeing any significant push.
    Like I said, I wasn't making any sort of judgement on whether inactivity correlated to being mafia. In fact, I was discouraging it. I was just annoyed that Zenax put in the first post that activity was a must, and then we have two people leave within 24 hours.

    There's very little anyone can do in the first 12 hours that locks them in as mafia.
    I wasn't sure whether this was replying to the right quote, but it was directed at me, so I'll say, yes, I agree? However, suspicions can arise.

    And finally

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    If we don't vote then how did you plan on getting discussion going, or would you rather just sit around and let the mafia kill us?
    If I see this sentence one more time, I am actually going to cry.
    Last edited by Feralize; 5th October 2012 at 06:16 PM.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  5. #65
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    The BW was formed from my initial FOS and I actually agree that I FOS Feli more than anyone else presently, however I do find that each subsequent person is probably more likely to be Mafia if the target turns out to be town. I'll move on to my thoughts on Feli later, but first, what I think of Mido at the moment.
    Don't be so arrogant, I was suspicious of Feli because of her post. Don't think just because you got here before anyone else that you are the sole reason that we are suspicious of her.
    That's nice.

  6. #66
    I am the Dragon Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,621
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    @G-Mama; I really don't know why I put Phoenicks, but I said I agree with your FoS because you pointed out interesting points, and your FoS was on Feliciano and Neon Borealis. Actually I think I misread something not sure ^^;
    @KidBeano; I said that one time so what are you talking about?

    Also I just realized I contradicted myself by saying Phoenicks won't be here so voting him would be bad, but I voted Feliciano. I realize that, though she did defend herself.

  7. #67
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I said that one time so what are you talking about?
    Oh, no, I just meant in general. Wasn't a personal attack, you just happened to be the one who said it. There are many more ways of putting pressure on people and getting information than just voting. While it can spark discussion, too often it just leads to a discussion on who's suspicious for voting who, which isn't ideal.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  8. #68
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    The BW was formed from my initial FOS and I actually agree that I FOS Feli more than anyone else presently, however I do find that each subsequent person is probably more likely to be Mafia if the target turns out to be town. I'll move on to my thoughts on Feli later, but first, what I think of Mido at the moment.
    Don't be so arrogant, I was suspicious of Feli because of her post. Don't think just because you got here before anyone else that you are the sole reason that we are suspicious of her.
    Um... Is this a joke? I'm sorry if my phrasing offended you somehow. I merely meant that I was the first to mention it. I am sure that everyone who subsequently mentioned it would have been able to come to the same conclusion even if I hadn't said it, but generally when you talk about a BW starting you refer to what the first mention of it was as that is the only point at which you can definitely ascertain who genuinely agreed (or, yes, came up with the idea by themselves) and who just saw the opportunity to jump on a bandwagon, so it's the most useful place to start thinking about how the bandwagon developed as it did. I also said that I agree with the Feli BW so obviously I don't think it's just mindless following but I wanted to note down exactly how the BW began and grew because that might be useful to refer back to later. The simple fact is that I was the first to register a FOS on her, then KidBeano did, then you did and voted, then Feralize did and voted, then Mido claimed she had said she FOS'd Feli earlier (which was untrue) and also voted Feli, then I voted Feli. That's just a factual account of how the bandwagon developed. It was not meant to insult and I'm honestly not sure how it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @G-Mama; I really don't know why I put Phoenicks, but I said I agree with your FoS because you pointed out interesting points, and your FoS was on Feliciano and Neon Borealis. Actually I think I misread something not sure ^^;
    @KidBeano; I said that one time so what are you talking about?

    Also I just realized I contradicted myself by saying Phoenicks won't be here so voting him would be bad, but I voted Feliciano. I realize that, though she did defend herself.
    I see. Well it looks like there's been a lot of contradictions and while I did say that my major FOSs were Feliciano and Neon, I also mentioned reasons why Phoenicks was slightly suspicious too so you could've easily registered a FOS on him because of that post and it still looks to me like you did. Anyway, your posts have all been immortalised in my earlier one so people can come to this conclusion by themselves. To be honest though, this isn't a major concern at the moment because as I explained before I think lynching Feliciano this turn is the way to go and if she flips Mafia you'll return to being relatively low down on my FOS list (though by no means clear, I have heard of bussing before). It is only if she is innocent that you need to worry and I don't think that's going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I said that one time so what are you talking about?
    Oh, no, I just meant in general. Wasn't a personal attack, you just happened to be the one who said it. There are many more ways of putting pressure on people and getting information than just voting. While it can spark discussion, too often it just leads to a discussion on who's suspicious for voting who, which isn't ideal.
    I seriously cannot believe that we are still talking about random lynches. We are so way past that that if you drop it, it'll go away. Forget it, there are more important things to be thinking about right now.

  9. #69
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Vote: Feliciano

    Besides her very flimsy reasoning for voting Midorikawa and what I see as her being overly concerned about not looking scummy when announcing her absence, that "just fucking lynch me" statement doesn't sit well with me. I don't think a townie would be so quick to basically throw in the towel; I would think they'd be concerned about the town mislynching and falling behind and continue to fight for their innocence.

  10. #70
    CAPS KidBeano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    3

    Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Hmm, while I'm not too happy that 24 hours of the phase have been wasted, I'm not completely against the Feliciano lynch. The whole "just lynch me" kind of proved she didn't have a power role, so worst case scenario is we mislynch on a blue.

    So... Twilight, guys. War Room first? :3

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    I was the first to register a FOS on her, then KidBeano did
    Well, I didn't FoS her, per se. Just pointed out a suspicious move. Somebody can do something suspicious without it warranting a FoS.
    MORE CAPS

    ~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

  11. #71
    Let's get funky! Gama's Avatar Former Head Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,153
    Blog Entries
    68

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Hmm, while I'm not too happy that 24 hours of the phase have been wasted, I'm not completely against the Feliciano lynch. The whole "just lynch me" kind of proved she didn't have a power role, so worst case scenario is we mislynch on a blue.

    So... Twilight, guys. War Room first? :3

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    I was the first to register a FOS on her, then KidBeano did
    Well, I didn't FoS her, per se. Just pointed out a suspicious move. Somebody can do something suspicious without it warranting a FoS.
    Doesnt it have to be one more vote before twilight?

    And I'm pretty sure pointing out that someone is suspicious is pretty much the definition of a finger of suspicion, unless I am seriously missing something.

  12. #72
    Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mama View Post
    Doesnt it have to be one more vote before twilight?
    Unless the TheMissingno., Feralize, or Midorikawa unvoted, I was the fifth vote, and 5/9 is a majority.

  13. #73
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    With 5 votes, Feliciano is lynched. The phase update will be in roughly an hour when I'll have access to my computer; everyone save Feliciano may talk freely during that time.

  14. #74
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Mini Mafia - Down Goes the little Marill - Night 1 [October 5th]

    The townsfolk gathered and started debating, sitting in a circle atop a small hill on the outskirt of the town; those allied with Republic Town trying to wipe out the Fire-type scums, the Fire-type scums donig their best to appear as Republic Town allies. halfway through the day, a small mouse stood up and spoke her mind, surprising the others. She was a gentle soul, one who would never dream of hurting a fly, one who had the reputation of being overly shy and who would rather spend her day helping in her grandmother's bakery. There was nothing malicious in her words, but an unfortunate nervous twitch of the eye lifted a red flag in some other's eye. She was accused of lying and blushed; the evidences kept pilling upon her and she could not react appropriately. At the end of the day, the townsfolk agreed on lynching her. Only when the deed was done did they realize what a mistake they had done. Among the eight remaining, two discreetly smirked.


    It is now Night 1.



    This phase should on on October 6th at 20:00, Eastern Time. The thread will also be locked until then.

  15. #75
    Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,894
    Blog Entries
    79

    Follow Zenax on Tumblr

    Default Mini Mafia - A French Midnight Snack - Day 2 [October 6th]

    Unable to sleep, Poliwag left his tent and sat on a rock, watching the full moon and polishing his everstone. Once again, his insomnia was kicking in. It was not much of a problem during his youth, but now that he was considerably older and had responsibilities, he was much more affected. In a time of crisis such as now, one would need as much energy as possible to survive.

    Behind him, a small cry and a spark could be seen. Before the old Water-type's rusty reflexes could kick in, he was engulfed by a powerful blast of fire, which despite the type disadvantage, left him roasted on the ground.



    It is now Day 2. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.


    Unless a majority is reached, this phase should end on October 9th at 20:00, Eastern Time.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •