Mafia: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th] - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 150
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mini Mafia - Town victory! [October 13th]

  1. #46
    Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Soaring through the skies.
    Posts
    947
    Blog Entries
    41

    Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Unvote: G-mama.


    Well, we need to reach a conclusion, but voting this early won't do any good as Kid Beano said.

    and about that vote. Well, I was just following your lead to get information. But I clearly stated in my post that my post would be the most likely to change depending on what was said. That doesn't clear me, but it gives me a motive.

    Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack


  2. #47
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Fair enough for now

    UNVOTE: Neon Borealis

  3. #48
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I just did a random vote to get some discussion going and it looks like it worked. I agree with G-mama FoS. Phoenicks and Neon Borealis said random voting was a no go here yet they jumped on creating a bandwagon of my vote. Voting puts pressure so it's always a good way for info
    Okay, who do you agree with on FoSing G-Mama? I don't find anything suspicious about his post, and I actually agree with much of what he said. I get a pretty null read on him at this point, I don't understand this FoS at all.

    My FoS is on Feliciano based on things that Pichuboy and G-Mama have already stated. Her post was full of silly logic and contradictions, so I'm going to give her my vote if she can't come up with a good defense. Particularly the part where you voted for Midorikawa. Disagreeing with a player's tactic is not a good reason to vote them in my opinion. You may not like random voting, but it isn't a scumtell. It's a nothing tell, which is one of the reasons that it is so unpopular.

    I feel a little bit strange about Phoenicks, but I don't really suspect him yet. Throwing down two different votes, then unvoting citing the incopetence of other players as reasoning is kind of strange, but this is a slightly different game type so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now I guess. The other thing was when you said
    Turns out that voting people randomly has never worked as a strategy to drive discussion.
    , then voted for the person who was random voted. What was the reason for that vote? Was it a strategy to drive discussion?

    Neon Borealis threw down the third vote in a bandwagon, which is a pretty bad spot to be in no matter what game type you're playing. I don't know how closely you read the rules, but making that vote was extremely dangerous considering it was a random vote. Again, I'll give the benefit of the doubt since it was the first day, but I've definitely made a note of this behavior.

    Yeah, we have 3 days to vote and they shouldn't be done lightly, but it's been 18 hours and at this point I see no good reason not to VOTE: Feliciano. Yeah this game is a little bit different, but it is still day 1, and that post she made just seems so scummy to me.
    That's nice.

  4. #49
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    I didn't mean FoS on G-Mama, I meant it on Phoenicks and Neon Borealis. Sorry for the confusion
    @TheMissingno.;

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    I actually find this somewhat scummy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Look, I voted for the same person the last person voted for. My own self-scumtell.
    Why would someone willingly admit to one of their scumtells arbitrarily? I doubt he's being serious, seems more WIFOM to me than anything. I think he's trying to pass himself off as innocent with that, at least to some degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Seems to me that only 2 people wouldn't make a very effective mafia...and didn't Zenax list 3 mafia roles in the OP when he said what roles would be in the game? But I agree - random voting will do none of us any good.

    That's why I'll Vote: Midorikawa. I'm not much of a gambler, and as such I don't like to play the odds, and unless I'm completely mistaken, that's exactly what's going on.

    Other observation: considering Nick's established position on activity, him being away for a couple days says to me that he's more than likely innocent. With only a 2 or 3 person mafia, none of them can really afford to miss even one or two phases.

    I'm also going to announce that I won't be around all of Saturday and Sunday and probably most of Monday - I will be preparing for/participating in/cleaning up after a wedding. I swear that I was going to be announcing this tonight anyway and had no idea that Nick was going to make a similar declaration of absence, nor did I plan on using that to prove my own innocence.
    As others have pointed out:
    -She says that randomvoting is bad but then does so.
    -Mafia actions could be arranged in advance so being away clears no one.
    -She seems a bit desperate to say that she's not scummy for being away, but not innocent for it - that's for others to decide, and it'd be strange logic coming from a townie. Besides, Phoenicks didn't comment on his absence, he just said that he'd be away, nothing more.

    All of this being said, Vote: Feliciano

  6. #51
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Looking over what others have said about Feliciano and also the fact that she did the same as Neon Borealis saying random voting will do no good yet doing the same thing being I don't see any reason to vote me other than a gamble so...

    VOTE: Feliciano
    @Feliciano; for when you do come back

  7. #52
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    -_- Yes, I know it was terrible timing. However, I can't exactly help that I come on to announce that I'm going to be away for the weekend and find that Nick has also announced that he'll be away. Is it scummy as fuck? Probably. But it's the truth - I do not intend to use my absence to prove my innocence, I was merely announcing it and then tossing out a line of thought that occurred to me as I read through the thread since no outside communication is allowed. Believe it or don't - it doesn't change the fact that that was my line of thought.

    @G-Mama; I voted the way I did because, to me, it looked like Midorikawa was playing the odds and randomvoting in the hopes of landing a mafioso. Personally, that's not my style; it feels too much like a gamble, and with this small of a game, we can not afford to take too many risks.

    If you're all hell bent on lynching me, well, there's not a whole lot I can do about that, and I apologize. All I can do now is be honest and hope that you all believe the truth.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  8. #53
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    Good god, are you guys actually INSANE?!
    Not sure if I should take that as towntelling genuine anger or you channeling your anger toward appearing innocent. Tell me, what are your self-tells?

    Anyway, as far as Phoenicks and Feliciano go, I don't care if they're inactive. If they can't defend themselves, touch luck. Tbh, I'm pretty peeved they've done this to begin with, since with a game like this, we NEED activity and they're only hurting us by depriving us of information.
    If I was mafia, then it would be in my interests for everyone else to be quiet. Would it be in my interests to be quiet? You don't say -- you don't address any possibility of me being mafia.

    I expect to be nightkilled anyways. If the mafia were interested in lynching me there'd be more pressure on me. I'm not seeing any significant push.

    and then Feliciano said that she'd be away for a couple of days. The implication there is she's doing exactly the same thing she's said all-but-clears Phoenicks, and I'm not okay with that, as she's basically all-but-clearing herself. I'm probably not getting my point across that well, but hopefully, you get what I'm saying.
    There's very little anyone can do in the first 12 hours that locks them in as mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Other observation: considering Nick's established position on activity, him being away for a couple days says to me that he's more than likely innocent. With only a 2 or 3 person mafia, none of them can really afford to miss even one or two phases.
    Though you also know that I'm just as likely to do the opposite of what people would expect.

    Also, stop with mentioning people to "defend" themselves. It's their fault if they're not checking the thread every time they log on, and if they're not online in the first place, mentioning them isn't going to make it any quicker.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    My FoS is on Feliciano based on things that Pichuboy and G-Mama have already stated. Her post was full of silly logic and contradictions, so I'm going to give her my vote if she can't come up with a good defense. Particularly the part where you voted for Midorikawa. Disagreeing with a player's tactic is not a good reason to vote them in my opinion. You may not like random voting, but it isn't a scumtell. It's a nothing tell, which is one of the reasons that it is so unpopular.
    Nah. People are too chicken that if they random vote it'll get them lynched Day 1.

    I feel a little bit strange about Phoenicks, but I don't really suspect him yet. Throwing down two different votes, then unvoting citing the incopetence of other players as reasoning is kind of strange, but this is a slightly different game type so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now I guess. The other thing was when you said
    Turns out that voting people randomly has never worked as a strategy to drive discussion.
    , then voted for the person who was random voted. What was the reason for that vote? Was it a strategy to drive discussion?
    That's an artifact of the way I wrote my post. When I started no one had posted in the thread for 4 hours and was going to make a rant to incite activity. Midorakawa posted as I was typing so I switched midway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I didn't mean FoS on G-Mama, I meant it on Phoenicks and Neon Borealis. Sorry for the confusion
    @TheMissingno.;
    Why?
    Last edited by Phoenicks; 4th October 2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: The responses got edited out.

  9. #54
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    @Phoenicks; I don't know whats wrong with me today. I mistyped that, I meant FoS on Feliciano and Neon Borealis as G-Mama said not you sorry about that ^^;

  10. #55
    TheMissingno.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    15,034
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    408

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    -_- Yes, I know it was terrible timing. However, I can't exactly help that I come on to announce that I'm going to be away for the weekend and find that Nick has also announced that he'll be away. Is it scummy as fuck? Probably. But it's the truth - I do not intend to use my absence to prove my innocence, I was merely announcing it and then tossing out a line of thought that occurred to me as I read through the thread since no outside communication is allowed. Believe it or don't - it doesn't change the fact that that was my line of thought.
    I don't think it would be. If you need to be away then you need to be away.

    G-Mama; I voted the way I did because, to me, it looked like Midorikawa was playing the odds and randomvoting in the hopes of landing a mafioso. Personally, that's not my style; it feels too much like a gamble, and with this small of a game, we can not afford to take too many risks.
    Why kill someone just because you disagree with a tactic that they used?
    That's nice.

  11. #56
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    -_- Yes, I know it was terrible timing. However, I can't exactly help that I come on to announce that I'm going to be away for the weekend and find that Nick has also announced that he'll be away. Is it scummy as fuck? Probably. But it's the truth - I do not intend to use my absence to prove my innocence, I was merely announcing it and then tossing out a line of thought that occurred to me as I read through the thread since no outside communication is allowed. Believe it or don't - it doesn't change the fact that that was my line of thought.
    I don't think it would be. If you need to be away then you need to be away.

    G-Mama; I voted the way I did because, to me, it looked like Midorikawa was playing the odds and randomvoting in the hopes of landing a mafioso. Personally, that's not my style; it feels too much like a gamble, and with this small of a game, we can not afford to take too many risks.
    Why kill someone just because you disagree with a tactic that they used?
    It's not that she's going to be away it's that she said that Phoenicks is most likely innocent because he's going away and then announced her own leaving making it seem like she's also automatically innocent because she's also going away when truthfully going away doesn't clear either especially since day phases are so long so it gives mafia plenty of time to be away.

  12. #57
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    Why kill someone just because you disagree with a tactic that they used?
    Again, I don't like playing the numbers game. At this point, there's just as much chance of a random vote hitting someone we could use. It seems entirely too risky, and it seems to me that the only people who'd be willing to take those risks are the ones who already know who they can and can't safely vote for - mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    It's not that she's going to be away it's that she said that Phoenicks is most likely innocent because he's going away and then announced her own leaving making it seem like she's also automatically innocent because she's also going away when truthfully going away doesn't clear either especially since day phases are so long so it gives mafia plenty of time to be away.
    Again, I can't help it that I was going to announce that I need to be away this weekend and found that Nick had announced something similar. I've said twice now that I don't intend to use that to clear my innocence. What I did say was that, in a game this small, I don't think that a player like Nick would announce that he'd be absent for any period of time if he were mafia. That's just an observation I made given what I know of his playstyle - which is, admittedly, not much - and his feelings on absence and inactivity in games.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

  13. #58
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,551
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    @Feliciano; If we don't vote then how did you plan on getting discussion going, or would you rather just sit around and let the mafia kill us? At the beginning of any mafia, no matter how small, if there isn't pressure put on anyone then there is no way to get information. Voting puts the most pressure on players. As you can see my one little random vote has started conversations and allows us to analyze posts and decide who is mafia and who isn't. Voting in general is always risky no matter the player's alliance. I've seemed scummy when I was town before because I voted someone I thought seemed scummy on day one never the less and I almost got lynched because of it.

  14. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    902
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    Quote Originally Posted by Feliciano View Post
    Again, I don't like playing the numbers game. At this point, there's just as much chance of a random vote hitting someone we could use.
    Then why did you random vote, if you detest it? While I do understand what you're trying to say, if it was so risky and you were legitimately concerned about losing a power role, you wouldn't have. It's a risk that we all take to get the game off the ground.

  15. #60
    Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    7,161
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Mini Mafia - Where Disaster Strikes - Day 1 [October 3rd]

    I gave a reason for my vote - hence, it wasn't random. And there was no reason to start voting right away since the day phases are so long. Discussion would have happened on it's own, and with it things we could've used to find people out.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

    Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •