The Pokémon professor used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace, when the Pokémon Master kept the balance between the Water-type Tribe, Ground-type Kingdom, Fire-type Nation, Flying-type Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire-types attacked. Only the Pokémon Master mastered all four types. Only he could stop the ruthless Fire-types. But when the Pokémon needed him the most, he vanished.
A hundred years have passed and the Fire-types are nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my trainer and the daycare men of my tribe journeyed to the Ground-type Kingdom to help fight against the Fire-type Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some Pokémon believe that the Pokémon Master was never reborn in the Flying-type Nomads and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Pokémon Master will return to save the world.
Here are the rules. Since this game is different than what most of you are used to, be sure to read them very carefully.
1. To vote for someone, post Vote: Player in bold. To unvote, post Unvote: Player.
2. Lynches require a majority of votes: (number of alive players/2) + 1, rounded down.
3. If there is no majority at the deadline, there will be no lynch. Day phases will last three days while night phases will last one day. I might consider extending them if needed.
4. The decisive vote on a bandwagon is called the hammer. When it is cast, the game falls in twilight, meaning that everyone save the lynched may talk freely until I can update the game. As soon as there is a majority of votes on someone, the player will be lynched no matter if the others unvote them afterward.
5. On that note, do not edit out your votes.
6. Once you are hammered, you may make one goodbye post containing no game-relevant information. Nothing more. You may not like posts after your death, either.
7. The thread will be locked during night phases.
8. If I see no activity from you in 72 hours, you will be prodded. If there is still no activity 24 hours after your prod, you will be subbed. After this, I will consider subbing you out if you keep being inactive. Note that this applies to active lurking as well.
I won't prod you if you tell me beforehand that you will be away for a certain time period. If you know that you will be away for a long period of time, however, you might not want to sign up and leave the spot for someone else.
9. Unless you are in the mafia, you may not talk about this game outside this thread.
10. Always play to fulfill your win condition.
11. Do not share your role PM in any way. This includes quoting specific parts of the message. If you're mafia, do not share the QuickTopic with anyone, either.
12. You may role claim all you want, but you may not name claim. This includes everything ranging from hints to saying what your typing is.
13. Results from investigative roles will be sent at the beginning of the day phases.
14. As the host, I reserve the right to modify, remove or add rules during the game.
Failure to comply to those rules might result in a warning/infraction, a modkill or a ban from future games. To show that you've read and understood those rules, PM me a rule of your choice that you will have paraphrased.
-This game requires a lot of activity and critical thinking to be successful. If you don’t think you can be active enough or invest enough effort in it, then you might not want to sign up.
-The roles used in this game are as follow: 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 5 Vanilla Townies and 2 of [Vanilla Townie, Sane Cop, Doctor, Jailkeeper]. These will be assigned to the players using a RNG. The roles all have an equal chance of being in the game.
-If you don't know what one of these roles are or want to read more about this, feel free to give the wiki a look.
- @Paperhorse is this game’s backup host.