Mafia: Make-A-Mafia - ENDGAME: TOWN VICTORY [9/11/12] - Page 27

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Make-A-Mafia - ENDGAME: TOWN VICTORY [9/11/12]

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Default Re: Make-A-Mafia -DAY 4: Expectations? [28/10/12]

Yeah, I typo'd since I was in a rush. (And there's a rule for no editing, y'know. :B) I meant "I don't see why no body would believe you"

Honestly, when people use the excuse that no-body will believe you and then still does not claim, that seems scummy to me imo. IDC if I have done that in the past, if I remember correctly anyway, I ended up claiming in WR4 so the situations are different. You can think what you like about how this differs from my playing style, but it shouldn't be an indicator of which alignment I am. Usually I'm wary of voting in either case; if I'm town or mafia, since if I'm town I don't want to hit a town, yet if I'm mafia I don't want to be seen as being suspicious! I though I should take action and actually vote against somebody who's reaction to being voted seemed quite ambiguous, and in my opinion, scummy.

You can FoS who you like, and I don't really care if you FoS me.

See, I can do it too! FoS: Buoy
    ​:B

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    Yeah, I typo'd since I was in a rush. (And there's a rule for no editing, y'know. :B) I meant "I don't see why no body would believe you"

Honestly, when people use the excuse that no-body will believe you and then still does not claim, that seems scummy to me imo. IDC if I have done that in the past, if I remember correctly anyway, I ended up claiming in WR4 so the situations are different. You can think what you like about how this differs from my playing style, but it shouldn't be an indicator of which alignment I am. Usually I'm wary of voting in either case; if I'm town or mafia, since if I'm town I don't want to hit a town, yet if I'm mafia I don't want to be seen as being suspicious! I though I should take action and actually vote against somebody who's reaction to being voted seemed quite ambiguous, and in my opinion, scummy.

You can FoS who you like, and I don't really care if you FoS me.

See, I can do it too! FoS: Buoy
    ​:B
    You did end up claiming, but you're not really giving Atomic a chance to claim -- you're forcing a claim from her by voting her, but she's feeling pressured either way, so it's not like you're being entirely fair about this. You could have just asked her to claim anyway, instead of being "RARGH UR GETTIN LYNCHED CLAIM". I'm not saying it differs from your playing style, I'm just saying that you've done the same thing in the past, and of course you wouldn't have wanted this to happen to you simply because you hadn't claimed immediately once you saw two votes for you. People who contradict themselves, in general, tend to be suspicious imo -- innocent players tend to augment themselves more, instead of going against what they've done before, so contradicting yourself can be an indicator of your alignment. And, in fairness, there wasn't really much she could say, so of course it was ambiguous -- again, you're only finding it scummy because she didn't claim after having two votes on her, lol. Sounds to me like you're simply trying to out her role.

Okay, FoS me all you want, but it would be nice if you had actual reasoning for it. :b

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Croag View Post
    "No-one would believe my claim" seems pretty scummy to me, honestly. If you had a legit claim then I don't see why no-body believe me.

That alone...
    Vote: Atomic
    LOL way to vote me without even knowing my claim!!!!!

I'm a lie detector. Yes, another one. You'll notice that since the beginning of the game I've been asking people if they were mafia; I know I asked Buoy in-thread Day 1.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

No, the reason I voted you was because specifically you said "No-one will believe me". I wasn't calling for a claim or anything of the sort, I voted you based on your reaction.

And I will retract my vote, in any case.

Unvote: Atomic

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

The thing with the lie detector claim is, there have already been two, and one was mafia. Even if she really is a lie detector, couldn't she have been trying to get people to make testable statements so she'd have this defense later?

Although, the likelihood of two mafia lie detectors seems low, so I suppose for now...

UNVOTE: Atomic

I guess it would be kind of risky to claim lie detector after everything that has happened.

Blog Entries

@Buoy; So, you refused to message me "I am not mafia in Make-A-Mafia". You hiding something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    @Buoy; So, you refused to message me "I am not mafia in Make-A-Mafia". You hiding something?
    >refused

Don't be ridiculous. I didn't refuse. Oh, no, but I didn't comply with what you asked me to when you asked me to! I must be mafia!

Why don't you tell me first why you want me, out of all the players remaining, to send you that message? One of the things I'm not going to do here is act on someone's whim. You could use your action for a far better cause than deducing whether or not someone is mafia or not -- that's the cop's job. I consider it a waste, to be honest.

Blog Entries

Because, frankly, I find you the most suspicious.

Blog Entries

Because, frankly, I find you the most suspicious.
    rolls eyes

and why is that

Blog Entries

You're acting exactly like you did in IT Crowd Mafia.

Blog Entries

You're acting exactly like you did in IT Crowd Mafia.
    ....................................right.................................

could u provide examples................................................or mayb better reasonin???????????????????

Trophies
    Blog Entries

It wouldn't do any good anyway. Look at it logically, there have already been 2 lie detectors. The first one was a legit lie detector, who would have gotten good results. The second one was insane which got reversed results. According to Pichubro's rules, all of the duplicate roles are slightly different. Therefore yours must have some hidden ability that makes it not a normal lie detector and not giving opposite results. Your role must be completely useless.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    It wouldn't do any good anyway. Look at it logically, there have already been 2 lie detectors. The first one was a legit lie detector, who would have gotten good results. The second one was insane which got reversed results. According to Pichubro's rules, all of the duplicate roles are slightly different. Therefore yours must have some hidden ability that makes it not a normal lie detector and not giving opposite results. Your role must be completely useless.
    Actually IIRC Aelita was the mafia lie detector so there hasn't been an actual townie lie detector.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    In most cases of multiple of one role being suggested, there will be differences between the two roles.
    For all intents and purposes, I'm going to consider your role useless.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Dear Atomic, you are a Lie Detector.

Three times during the game, you may PM me a quote from either in-thread or through private conversation. I will reply with whether or not the quote is true. If I’m unable to tell, I will reply with “I don’t know” and it will count as one of your three.

You are sided with the Town. To win, you must eliminate all threats.
    Atomic, a member of the Town, has been lynched.

---

It is now NIGHT 4. This phase will end Tuesday 30 October at 8:00pm GMT.

@Buoy @Rio Kamishiro @Ryoga Kamishiro @FinalArcadia @TheMissingno. @Akuraito @Atomic @Elysion @Croag @Leavanny Duo @Human @Kyouhei! @Neon Borealis
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast