Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 6 - "Oh, crap." [7-7-13]

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

@Soulmaster;

We need you to speak now.
    And say what? Sorry, I was gone this weekend and only just got back so if anything happened then I missed it and haven't read through the thread yet.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    And say what? Sorry, I was gone this weekend and only just got back so if anything happened then I missed it and haven't read through the thread yet.
    Why have you not been modkilled while m0ckingbird20 was?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Why have you not been modkilled while m0ckingbird20 was?
    That would be a question for the hosts. I am honestly surprised that I haven't been. But I haven't been posting else or sending stuff(I think you even have to post in thread as elsewhere doesn't count but I could be wrong.).

Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats
    Im not buying that his ability is two-shot, as most are 1-shot 3-shot or infinite.
    I don't think it matters too much whether he's 2x or 3x, seeing as I can confirm and Phoenicks has confirmed that he approached both of us (his reasoning for approaching me was obviously because I'm town) and if he says he's 2x and is really 3x and tries to use it again, he's gonna be called out in a hurry. So even if he still has a use left, he won't use it.

Soulmaster, did you tell the hosts you were going to be gone? If not, I'm very confused because I'm reasonably sure the rules state that you have to post in-thread for it to count for you being active, not just in your QT.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I honestly can't vatg a break can I.

Anyeays, Drumbeats, yes, my ability is very useful for mafía, hut it can also be benefical to town and even to an indep. Think about it, you can make alliances or have people behind you to confirm your claim. Which is what I did btw.

HumanDawn, same could be said abot Gengar, who literally hasn't said a word since night 3 phases.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitomi View Post
    Soulmaster, did you tell the hosts you were going to be gone? If not, I'm very confused because I'm reasonably sure the rules state that you have to post in-thread for it to count for you being active, not just in your QT.
    In a way yes I did tell them, I just didn't post in here. Agreed, that was what I was saying.

Mafia Win/Lose Tally

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Posting this from work but really had to ask: people who think DB is scum why are you voting Neon? We know Neon's ability and it has been confirmed as well. Therefore assuming he is mafia other than night killing which there are at Lear tow other mafia for, his ability is not a threat. However and correct me if I'm wrong, we don't k ow Drimbeats role lain or e en his nameclaim

@FinalArcadia; @HumanDawn; mentioning you two since you voted Neon also FA said DB was one of her top suspects

Blog Entries

UNVOTE: Soulmaster
    VOTE: DrumBeats

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

23. @GengarWithSunglasses;

...forgive me if I'm wrong, but GWS only made 4 posts in thread up till now and the last time he posted was on 6/29. I checked the front page and the latest update page and he's still in the game. I don't know if he's told the hosts he's going somewhere, but it's been well over three days since he last posted, and he's not subbed out or modkilled due to inactivity.

@Hosts

Quote Originally Posted by rules
    We want you to post every three real life days.
    The post that I bolded - does it mean posting in this main thread? Or does the QT activity counts as posting as well?

Blog Entries

Now looks like its time to defend myself since I have been misunderstood partially, not made my points clear enough, and had my words twisted a couple times.

As far as everyone saying that I'm contradicting myself, I have only seen one contradiction, which was honestly minor but I will take full responsibility for the wording issues there. I completely forgot that I call Terezi's nameclaim solid before posting saying that no nameclaims are solid. My main point with that though we're two things: The lynch on Terezi's solely due to inactivity should have stopped after Terezi's responded multiple times, and that just because someone claimed the main protagonist of something does not make them town.

The next thing I've seen multiple questions about is the not buying Neon having only two shots. That is more of a gut feeling, but at least when I host games I typically go for 1 shot or 3 shot. While 2 shot is a possibility and does happen, it's much more rare. My point with that is though, that if Neon has extra shots that we are not aware of, he could have use them to contact independents to side with the mafia.

Then the last thing which Human seems to be tryin to use against me right now are the percentages I put at the end of my suspects. First off @, when you tried to prove that I "contradicted" myself about Neon being my prime suspect you flipped the numbers. It was 90% sure Neon was mafia and about 75% (I think. It was somewhere around there.) on you. While this could have been intentional, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Please feel free to point out anything else you suspect me for and I'll be glad to clarify/defend against it.

--------------------

As for Neons lynch, I've given all my reasons and most of them are pretty self-explanatory, if anyone has any questions about them I'll answer.

Human, so far you have gotten multiple things about what I have said wrong and then tried to use them against me. Yet you have never had to answer for these things, yet I have to about every other mistake you find with my posts so here they are:

1) You said I never voted for Neon last day phase, when I did. When I pointed this out you blamed it on being tired, which is an excuse I could have readily used for the solid nameclaim wording issue.

2) Flipping Neon and your percentages

I have to go but I'll elaborate further when in back.
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    23. @GengarWithSunglasses;

...forgive me if I'm wrong, but GWS only made 4 posts in thread up till now and the last time he posted was on 6/29
    Actually it was last week: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/mafia-wars-scum-menace-day-6-oh-crap-%5B7-7-13%5D-152087/index38.html#post4801594

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats View Post
    As far as everyone saying that I'm contradicting myself, I have only seen one contradiction, which was honestly minor but I will take full responsibility for the wording issues there. I completely forgot that I call Terezi's nameclaim solid before posting saying that no nameclaims are solid. My main point with that though we're two things: The lynch on Terezi's solely due to inactivity should have stopped after Terezi's responded multiple times, and that just because someone claimed the main protagonist of something does not make them town.
    Responding twice isn't something I'd call "multiple times". She provided a nameclaim, which I found to be contradictory of what she said before. That's true, although it came out of nowhere.

The next thing I've seen multiple questions about is the not buying Neon having only two shots. That is more of a gut feeling, but at least when I host games I typically go for 1 shot or 3 shot. While 2 shot is a possibility and does happen, it's much more rare. My point with that is though, that if Neon has extra shots that we are not aware of, he could have use them to contact independents to side with the mafia.
    You don't know all the power roles in the game, so it being two-shot is possibly for balancing reasons. I don't think it being rare makes it more likely it's not 2x. @Neon Borealis; Why did you use your ability those two times and at those times? Why did you not say sooner that it was 2x?

Then the last thing which Human seems to be tryin to use against me right now are the percentages I put at the end of my suspects. First off @, when you tried to prove that I "contradicted" myself about Neon being my prime suspect you flipped the numbers. It was 90% sure Neon was mafia and about 75% (I think. It was somewhere around there.) on you. While this could have been intentional, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    I've just reread your post and just noticed that:

I am 60% sure you are scum, 75% if Neon flips scum, and 90% if Human flips scum.
    This was directed at FinalArcadia, telling her that if I die you'd be sure 90% that she'd be Mafia. I apparently made a mistake.

Please feel free to point out anything else you suspect me for and I'll be glad to clarify/defend against it.
    Also, why did you tell Harpy to pick me to steal? Stealing from Soulmaster, even if you might have not thought he'd be Mafia, would have been more beneficial than tying the votes and having nothing be stolen from. If she got a Town role, he'd be cleared and the list of possible scum would be lowered, thus helping the Town.
    It was simply anti-town to prevent something that could give us information from working, and made me theorize that you voted to tie with my vote to prevent Soulmaster's role being known.

I went to reread your posts, and I noticed how you listed Gliscorman before his reveal of him being a Vigilante came out as having "Strongly Town reads" for "not grasping at straws", even though IIRC, he was combated for his logic pretty well. IIRC, Gliscorman also said how he got a Town read from you because you posted "a quick list of Town reads", which when I first read, came off more as an excuse to give you a Town read than an actual reason.
    The most logical reason to be suspicious is how hard it is to believe that me and Harpy couldn't have performed anything in the same night, but that then brings in the question as to why would I lie about being unable to prevent Harpy from committing her night action when it would be better for me to not say anything about it and draw less attention to me? Something you haven't answered.
    And have yet to, constantly evading it. There's also how you evaded to explain why FinalArcadia would even put so much attention on Neon on the first place. Heck, I doubt you'd have even suspected Neon in the first place if it weren't for her, yet she has a 60% chance to you that she'd flip Mafia, and an increase of 15% if Neon flips Mafia. There's also how you're hanging on trusting Froakie's claim more than FinalArcadia's despite the fact that she hasn't proven it yet, giving no good counter to explaining how Oswin then died.

1) You said I never voted for Neon last day phase, when I did. When I pointed this out you blamed it on being tired, which is an excuse I could have readily used for the solid nameclaim wording issue.

2) Flipping Neon and your percentages
    Valid point. All I have to say is that they were simple mistakes.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@HumanDawn; thanks for pointing that out. But he still isn't back from his three-day leave, and it's already three extra days he hasn't been posting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    @HumanDawn; thanks for pointing that out. But he still isn't back from his three-day leave, and it's already three extra days he hasn't been posting.
    Well, his latest post is more recent than m0ckingbird20's, so that would also explain why he hasn't been modkilled.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    @FinalArcadia; @HumanDawn; mentioning you two since you voted Neon also FA said DB was one of her top suspects
    I think Neon Borealis is more suspicious, which is why I put him one higher on the list, but you have a good point about his ability already being known and not too dangerous. And a tie will get us nowhere.

UNVOTE: Neon Borealis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    UNVOTE: Neon Borealis
    Wait, so do you then think that DrumBeats and Neon Borealis might be a scum team? o_O Or just one might be Town and the other Mafia?

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast