Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 41

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 4 - Empty-handed. [7-2-13]

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    What I meant with "Justify" is basically making an excuse without seeming too related with the one I'm making an excuse for. But lying about Name doesn't mean he is lying about his ability, each is independent. Sure, lying about nameclaim takes away his trustworthiness. But who's to say that he wasn't planning to pretend to be Dumbledore with a lynch proof ability. I would have bought that considering Dumbledore's amazing powers.
    But why would an excuse be necessary? We're going to be finding out what his role PM says anyway, so there would be no need for such a thing. I really believe the invention is what caused the no-lynch, so that's what I said. He could pretend to be Dumbledore with an ability like that, but I personally doubt it, especially when Dumbledore is a character who was unable to avoid death in his series, so I don't think the ability would make sense (plus, he'd probably have something more unique, like how Homura's ability related very specifically to her actions in PMMM). Though what you're saying raises another potential theory, that if the invention really is the cause of the no-lynch, he might have based his ability claim around it, since he's apparently had the invention since Night 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    I never said it was impossible that he's a governor or something that affects lynches, but personally I do not believe it.
    But you can't deny that the possibility exists.
    Which is exactly why I never said that it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    Also, you're talking about the FT seeming so assuredly like an ability that Oswin used rather than something else is in question, but earlier you said:

Also, don't dwell too much on the ft. It said that surviving the Lynch was because an ability, not something the Character in question used. To me it's pretty clear.
    Yet you seem to be dwelling on it quite a bit. The manner of the character not dying is questionable, and not always clear in FT, which is the case here. It even said that "nobody could say" in regards to what happened. Unlike that, though, the FT very clearly described the character as enormous, and that wasn't described in a questionable way at all.
    You are taking the sentence out of context, I quote:
    "Whether it was due to his enormous frame or resistance from years of cartoon violence, nobody could say."
    By that, it means that the "mob" couldn't tell if the lack of death was by either of those reasons, but it doesn't mention anything outside the character interfering. A little farfetched, I know. But it makes sense (at least to me).
    The sentence sounds like it's a general sense of confusion, that they simply do not know what went wrong and were trying to throw out guesses as to what it could have been. But I guess that could be a difference in individual interpretation.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 4 - Empty-handed. [7-2-13]

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force."
    -Yoda

Anakin knew the end of his life was near. He survived a near death experience earlier in the day- however; he knew death would still come to him. He felt a harsh pain in his chest. He fell forward on the ground. One of the storm troopers ran up to him in a panic. However, Anakin shooed him away. He must die alone.

As he lay dying on the cold, hard floor of the death star, he called out to the one person he cared about: Padme.

“Padme…” he whispered, “I’m so sorry.”

He took his last breath.

>Examine another.

Tick tock.

The place was filled with clocks. They did their job to scare away the unwanted.

Tick. Tock.

The owner of this mansion held an innumerable grasp of time. He had propagated this universe so that he would never taste death. It was all in his hands.

Have you ever seen someone blow up the sun? That action was deemed to be impossible.

However, the impossible had been done. Somehow, in his quest to rule with his own iron hand of time, death knocked him backwards off of his throne. This world would not belong to him.

It is now Day 5. Phase ends 7/6/13 at 10:00 PM EST

*flavor text written by Paperhorse and Parma

Last edited by Parma; 3rd July 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 5 - Double Death. [7-3-13]

Well, that was unexpected. But good nevertheless.

And I guess this validates your theory Final.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Wow I stole from mafia before. Anyways I'm confused and have no idea what Neon's ability is because I got this message:

07-03-2013
    10:52 PM ET (US)
    your actions cannot be performed.

Which is weird considering Oswin still died and also another mafia member died as well. I also need to check with the hosts to see if I still have a steal or not.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Woah, coooooool.

Harpy just saved us town.

I need to take the time to reevaluate things.

Hitomi, what'd you get?

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Fuuuuu-NVM, I'm too kind-lipped to curse.
    (This is my death post, BTW.)

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

Good job @Harpy. After today's knowledge, I think you've earned our trust, as skeptical as I was at first.

@Hitomi, once you get back, can you share your information?

For now my primary FoS is Neon Borealis, for his neutrality and lack of contributing anything.

And I'm a bit curious as to how both of the kills were mafia. One was Harpy, but who was the other kill from? A town vigilante? In which case, did the mafia miss a kill again? Maybe there's someone who can redirect a kill?
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Apparently I still have a steal left however I am curious as tow how it didn't work.
    @Neon Borealis; Anything you would like to share with us?

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Very very surprised that we got two mafia kills in one night - but obviously that's the good kind of surprising news. I was getting a little concerned that we'd gone four days without hitting scum but I guess this balances it out a little. ;P

@Harpy; It's still possible to believe that Oswin may have roleblocked you before he died (unless Human's protection somehow stopped that? i'm not sure if that was still the plan, i kinda had to skimread the past day so not 100% sure). Otherwise would you mind sharing who your steal target tonight was?

Blog Entries

Neon Borealis as four people suggested (I believe that was the amount) however as I said right after the update I am confused because I was told that my actions cannot be performed however Oswin still died and was who I targeted with the vig kill. I still have one of my ability left so its like the time with Buoy when my action did not go through. I wonder if I have some hidden condition to it preventing me from using it twice in a row.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Harpy; maybe your vig kill went through because that's something you stole? Technically, that ability wasn't actually yours to begin with.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DrumBeats View Post
    Good job @Harpy. After today's knowledge, I think you've earned our trust, as skeptical as I was at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Harpy just saved us town.
    I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    Wow I stole from mafia before. Anyways I'm confused and have no idea what Neon's ability is because I got this message:

07-03-2013
    your actions cannot be performed.

Which is weird considering Oswin still died and also another mafia member died as well. I also need to check with the hosts to see if I still have a steal or not.
    That's strange. I also got a message saying my action couldn't be performed:

Panu
    07-03-2013
    your action cannot be performed.
    Actually, upon reading what Harpy posted, I have reason to believe that Oswin didn't die from her "Vigilante kill". Notice how her post says "your actions" while mine says "your action". Her's in the plural, and the only two actions she claimed of being able to commit are her vigilante kill and stealing ability. If both of them failed, then that means that Harpy had nothing to do with Oswin's death. Harpy, you should ask the hosts if your vigilante kill is really gone to be sure of my deduction. If they say you don't have it, then ask them if you don't have it because you used it, or because its time with you has been used up.

This brings in a question. If Harpy didn't kill Oswin, then who and what did?

Regarding the kill on Miss Mew, I've theorized that maybe a Town vigilante did it, or maybe @Pokemaster97;'s invention went horribly wrong and ended up killing her. I'm not sure if he give her one though. Did you?

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Human I think you're really grasping at straws if you're going to pay attention to plurality in a message, often the hosts will change the wording of pm's, it happens, I wouldn't take that any concrete evidence. If there was a town vigilante, wouldn't they have spoken up when Miss Mew (well, her former player) roleclaimed? Having two mafia die is too much to then assume Harpy didn't contribute at all, considering we know she did have that vigilante kill.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Froakie View Post
    Human I think you're really grasping at straws if you're going to pay attention to plurality in a message, often the hosts will change the wording of pm's, it happens, I wouldn't take that any concrete evidence.
    That's why I asked Harpy to make sure. Why would they change the wording of PM's?

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Froakie View Post
    Human I think you're really grasping at straws if you're going to pay attention to plurality in a message, often the hosts will change the wording of pm's, it happens, I wouldn't take that any concrete evidence.
    That's why I asked Harpy to make sure. Why would they change the wording of PM's?
    Because they just send pms to people as it happens without copy/pasting the previous wording? Whenever I've hosted I always write something new.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast