Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 40

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 4 - Empty-handed. [7-2-13]

[in a relaxed lazy voice]Well, I do have a life outside of this thread you know?[/lazy voice]

But since I appear to be mr popular right now, I might as well.

I'm Lt. Nyota Uhura from Star Trek.

Also, don't dwell too much on the ft. It said that surviving the Lynch was because an ability, not something the Character in question used. To me it's pretty clear.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@HumanDawn; Gliscorman is the vig not Miss Mew. How did you mistake those two?

Also yes I can use the vig kill and my ability in one night.

So far suggestions are:

Neon Borealis by FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia by Phoenicks

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quick Announcement: The update may be a few hours late tonight. However, we are not accepting any actions after 10 PM EST.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    @HumanDawn; Gliscorman is the vig not Miss Mew. How did you mistake those two?

Also yes I can use the vig kill and my ability in one night.

So far suggestions are:

Neon Borealis by FinalArcadia
    FinalArcadia by Phoenicks
    miss mew subbed in for gliscorman. :l

human also suggested you steal from neon borealis, and i think you should, too.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Oh wow I didn't know he subbed out my bad. Anyways three votes for Neon Borealis.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Yeah, I'd say.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

I vote for Final Arcadia.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    I vote for Final Arcadia.
    why?

Blog Entries

To save his own ass. I say Neon, unless you have a reason we shouldn't?
    My multiple point of view Hunger Games Story

Winner of MLP Mafia, Simpsons Mafia, War Room Mafia 2, Pokemon Mafia: Kodomo Ne, Companions Quartet Mafia, LOST Mafia, Hunger Games Mafia, and Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Mafia, Havendale 2 Mafia, Twilight Mafia, Supernatural Mafia, Magic of Gardonia Mafia, and Disgaea Mafia.

Host of Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Family Guy Mafia, Assassins Creed Revelations Mafia, and Fus Ro Mafia.

Blog Entries

Enraged and looking for blood, the assorted crew of heroes and villains gathered around. They were hoping that this solution would give them what they needed-a thing to turn the tide, so to speak.

It wouldn't happen today. Despite the many attempts to hang the noose around his neck, their target still lived. Whether it was due to his enormous frame or resistance from years of cartoon violence, nobody could say. But their reality was here and now.

With lowered morales, the crew disappeared amongst themselves, hoping that there was a light amongst the darkness.
    Now, from this we gather that Oswin was lying about his nameclaim of Dumbledore, coupled with the fact that Nytie died last night phase makes it very probablte that he is mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    That FT definitely does not sound like Dumbledore at all. I looked up a list of fictional giants on Wikipedia, but I didn't really see any that would apply so much to both cartoon violence and something the hosts would put in (here's the list, though, if it helps - Fictional Giants). So the enormous frame part maybe is just somebody who is particularly tall or something, but not to outrageous proportions like a giant.

Pokemaster's invention seems like a likely reason for Oswin not dying, especially with how the FT seems to disagree with his Dumbledore claim (so he's probably lying about more than that), though it would be nice to know what kind of invention it was to see if that fits.

Also, @Harpy, personally I'd vote that Neon Borealis might be a good steal target. He's pretty much disappeared again, and I wonder if that's because of panic at being suspected (as mafia) or what. Or one of the people who pop in without much to add, it could be a way to gather info on them since it's hard to get it from so few posts.
    It seems weird that final is trying to justify the lynch protection when the ft mentioned that the cause was an ability possesed by the character, not an object. Sure, she says he could be lying. But maybe that's just to appear more innocent. The invention could have been anything. And although lynch protection is plausible, it isn't very likely in my eyes.

And nitpicking a little bit: Someone male, with a large frame and lots of years of cartoon violence experience don't necessary mean a giant. It could very well mean a comic book villan or (if you know about old cartoons) Brutus form Popeye or some other classic "cartoon bully archetype"
    Last edited by Neon Borealis; 3rd July 2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Keyboards seem to hate me it seems...

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

[QUOTE=Neon Borealis;4803119]

Now, from this we gather that Oswin was lying about his nameclaim of Dumbledore, coupled with the fact that Nytie died last night phase makes it very probablte that he is mafia.

That FT definitely does not sound like Dumbledore at all. I looked up a list of fictional giants on Wikipedia, but I didn't really see any that would apply so much to both cartoon violence and something the hosts would put in (here's the list, though, if it helps - Fictional Giants). So the enormous frame part maybe is just somebody who is particularly tall or something, but not to outrageous proportions like a giant.

Pokemaster's invention seems like a likely reason for Oswin not dying, especially with how the FT seems to disagree with his Dumbledore claim (so he's probably lying about more than that), though it would be nice to know what kind of invention it was to see if that fits.
    No, I did not lie and I honestly have no idea what the FT is on about, I'm assuming it's not related to me, but then the size thing does relate to me so I honestly have no idea.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post

Also, @Harpy, personally I'd vote that Neon Borealis might be a good steal target. He's pretty much disappeared again, and I wonder if that's because of panic at being suspected (as mafia) or what. Or one of the people who pop in without much to add, it could be a way to gather info on them since it's hard to get it from so few posts.
    It seems weird that final is trying to justify the lynch protection when the ft mentioned that the cause was an ability possesed by the character, not an object. Sure, she says he could be lying. But maybe that's just to appear more innocent. The invention could have been anything. And although lynch protection is plausible, it isn't very likely in my eyes.
    Okay, hold-up, where did I "justify" lynch protection? I said that the invention thing seems like a likely reason for it, because seriously, to have yet ANOTHER lynch protection seems incredibly unlikely, so I don't understand what "justify" means here. Yeah, there could be a mafia-aligned governor as well, but I have a hard time believing that FT wasn't about him with the "enormous frame" bit, which means his Dumbledore claim is almost certainly false. Lying about one thing makes his other claim more untrustworthy, i.e., his ability-claim. You yourself even said that he's got to be lying about his nameclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis
    I never said it was impossible that he's a governor or something that affects lynches, but personally I do not believe it.

And nitpicking a little bit: Someone male, with a large frame and lots of years of cartoon violence experience don't necessary mean a giant. It could very well mean a comic book villan or (if you know about old cartoons) Brutus form Popeye or some other classic "cartoon bully archetype"
    So now I'm suspicious to you because my attempt at perhaps figuring out Oswin's character fell flat for you. When I saw "enormous frame," I thought searching "Fictional Giants" could be helpful. I know that it could be hyperbole, which is why I said in my post that :

So the enormous frame part maybe is just somebody who is particularly tall or something, but not to outrageous proportions like a giant.
    I just thought it was worth checking for giants since that's something that can actually be found with a list, and maybe there'd be a character that would make sense with the hosts' tastes. I was just trying to help in speculating his real character, so I don't understand why you're pointing that out.

Also, you're talking about the FT seeming so assuredly like an ability that Oswin used rather than something else is in question, but earlier you said:

Also, don't dwell too much on the ft. It said that surviving the Lynch was because an ability, not something the Character in question used. To me it's pretty clear.
    Yet you seem to be dwelling on it quite a bit. The manner of the character not dying is questionable, and not always clear in FT, which is the case here. It even said that "nobody could say" in regards to what happened. Unlike that, though, the FT very clearly described the character as enormous, and that wasn't described in a questionable way at all.

So it feels like you're basing your whole reasoning on something that happened in FT in a hazy manner. Plus, you're using that reasoning conveniently against the person who has been most vocal against you, when I cannot remember a point in the rest of the game that you've given anything against anyone. Only doing so when you're at risk of being stolen from? It's a little fishy, and it seems like you have something to hide. I don't mind being stolen from, but it's the fact that it's taken you being under pressure to come out and give more thoughts on anything honestly makes me pretty confident that you are a very good choice to be stolen from.

Blog Entries

Okay, hold-up, where did I "justify" lynch protection? I said that the invention thing seems like a likely reason for it, because seriously, to have yet ANOTHER lynch protection seems incredibly unlikely, so I don't understand what "justify" means here. Yeah, there could be a mafia-aligned governor as well, but I have a hard time believing that FT wasn't about him with the "enormous frame" bit, which means his Dumbledore claim is almost certainly false. Lying about one thing makes his other claim more untrustworthy, i.e., his ability-claim. You yourself even said that he's got to be lying about his nameclaim:
    What I meant with "Justify" is basically making an excuse without seeming too related with the one I'm making an excuse for. But lying about Name doesn't mean he is lying about his ability, each is independent. Sure, lying about nameclaim takes away his trustworthiness. But who's to say that he wasn't planning to pretend to be Dumbledore with a lynch proof ability. I would have bought that considering Dumbledore's amazing powers.

I never said it was impossible that he's a governor or something that affects lynches, but personally I do not believe it.
    But you can't deny that the possibility exists.

So now I'm suspicious to you because my attempt at perhaps figuring out Oswin's character fell flat for you. When I saw "enormous frame," I thought searching "Fictional Giants" could be helpful. I know that it could be hyperbole, which is why I said in my post that :
    [I never said you were suspicious for that bit. I only was nitpicking, saying that there are a lot of cartoon characters that fit that criteria. Don't take that one personal. Just a nitpick of mine.

I just thought it was worth checking for giants since that's something that can actually be found with a list, and maybe there'd be a character that would make sense with the hosts' tastes. I was just trying to help in speculating his real character, so I don't understand why you're pointing that out.
    Same as avobe.

Also, you're talking about the FT seeming so assuredly like an ability that Oswin used rather than something else is in question, but earlier you said:

Yet you seem to be dwelling on it quite a bit. The manner of the character not dying is questionable, and not always clear in FT, which is the case here. It even said that "nobody could say" in regards to what happened. Unlike that, though, the FT very clearly described the character as enormous, and that wasn't described in a questionable way at all.
    You are taking the sentence out of context, I quote:
    "Whether it was due to his enormous frame or resistance from years of cartoon violence, nobody could say."
    By that, it means that the "mob" couldn't tell if the lack of death was by either of those reasons, but it doesn't mention anything outside the character interfering. A little farfetched, I know. But it makes sense (at least to me).

So it feels like you're basing your whole reasoning on something that happened in FT in a hazy manner. Plus, you're using that reasoning conveniently against the person who has been most vocal against you, when I cannot remember a point in the rest of the game that you've given anything against anyone. Only doing so when you're at risk of being stolen from? It's a little fishy, and it seems like you have something to hide. I don't mind being stolen from, but it's the fact that it's taken you being under pressure to come out and give more thoughts on anything honestly makes me pretty confident that you are a very good choice to be stolen from.
    ... actually, you are right. I don't know why I'm worrying so much. It's not like Harpy is going to get an awesome power or something like that.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

There's only thirty minutes left till actions are locked, so I guess Harpy's kill AND steal target are pretty much confirmed.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Yeah. Hope this goes well!

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast