Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 39
Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 4 - All according to plan? [6-29-13]

It wouldn't happen today. Despite the many attempts to hang the noose around his neck, their target still lived. Whether it was due to his enormous frame or resistance from years of cartoon violence, nobody could say. But their reality was here and now.
    So the character is male, has an enormous frame and has resisted cartoon violence. The character being male with such a frame fits Dumbledore, but I don't think cartoon violence does. It's violence like from Looney Toons were the characters don't suffer any real injury despite being hit by plenty of objects that should kill them, and I, who has read all the Harry Potter books, seen all the movies and played all the Playstation versions of the games know that Dumbledore doesn't go through such a thing. The more fitting term for Dumbeldore is “fantasy violence”, which would involve things such as magic attacks.

@Pokemaster97; Why did you invent something for Oswin Night 1 then? Have you been giving Hitomi anything? Oswin should have another ability if that's true then. It could be that the invention he got gave him the ability to stop the lynch.

I doubt that Homer Simpson is in the game because of the quote. I could see Mr. Barns be made into a villain somehow, though.

EDIT: @Harpy; Could you use the vigilante kill and steal somebody's role im the same night?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 3rd July 2013 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 4 - Empty-handed. [7-2-13]

@HumanDawn; I'm not sure but I'll ask. If so is there a particular target you guys have in mind?

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Just so everyone knows, the internet at the house where I'm dogsitting until Saturday stopped working so I won't be on til Saturday except maybe for a couple of minutes tomorrow. I had to jot over to my mom's place to use her internet.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Why don't we go with somebody who's on everybody's top scum list?

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Yeah...but didn't we already decide Oswin was getting it?

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mew View Post
    Yeah...but didn't we already decide Oswin was getting it?
    Oswin is getting the vig killed. We are now talking about who to use my last steal on.

Oh. I see. But I can't think of anybody and if you steal somebody else's role on town, you're getting it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mew View Post
    Oh. I see. But I can't think of anybody and if you steal somebody else's role on town, you're getting it...
    Well if the target town gives me turns out to be town they have no right to kill me since I just did what the majority told me.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Can you even steal at the same time you're using a vig kill? Seems a bit OP to me.

Dark Kyriaki has a point.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

That FT definitely does not sound like Dumbledore at all. I looked up a list of fictional giants on Wikipedia, but I didn't really see any that would apply so much to both cartoon violence and something the hosts would put in (here's the list, though, if it helps - Fictional Giants). So the enormous frame part maybe is just somebody who is particularly tall or something, but not to outrageous proportions like a giant.

Pokemaster's invention seems like a likely reason for Oswin not dying, especially with how the FT seems to disagree with his Dumbledore claim (so he's probably lying about more than that), though it would be nice to know what kind of invention it was to see if that fits.

Also, @Harpy, personally I'd vote that Neon Borealis might be a good steal target. He's pretty much disappeared again, and I wonder if that's because of panic at being suspected (as mafia) or what. Or one of the people who pop in without much to add, it could be a way to gather info on them since it's hard to get it from so few posts.

This world is merciless Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffModerator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    It wouldn't happen today. Despite the many attempts to hang the noose around his neck, their target still lived. Whether it was due to his enormous frame or resistance from years of cartoon violence, nobody could say. But their reality was here and now.
    So the character is male, has an enormous frame and has resisted cartoon violence. The character being male with such a frame fits Dumbledore, but I don't think cartoon violence does. It's violence like from Looney Toons were the characters don't suffer any real injury despite being hit by plenty of objects that should kill them, and I, who has read all the Harry Potter books, seen all the movies and played all the Playstation versions of the games know that Dumbledore doesn't go through such a thing. The more fitting term for Dumbeldore is “fantasy violence”, which would involve things such as magic attacks.

@Pokemaster97; Why did you invent something for Oswin Night 1 then? Have you been giving Hitomi anything? Oswin should have another ability if that's true then. It could be that the invention he got gave him the ability to stop the lynch.

I doubt that Homer Simpson is in the game because of the quote. I could see Mr. Barns be made into a villain somehow, though.

EDIT: @Harpy; Could you use the vigilante kill and steal somebody's role im the same night?
    I just picked a random person who seemed seemed the less scummy based on what they said. On night 2, no one really fit that description for me, so I wasn't comfortable sending an invention to anyone. On night 3, I sent an invention to Nytie, because he had that hiding plan so I wanted to see if one of the inventions I sent him could help him have an advantage in that situation, unfortunately he was nightkilled so it went to waste. I've yet to send one out this phase. I actually didn't give Hitomi anything because I figured she'd be a mafia target, so I didn't want to waste one (but I guess it backfired).
    Last edited by Pokemaster97; 3rd July 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Can you even steal at the same time you're using a vig kill? Seems a bit OP to me.
    Human asked the same thing already and as I said I do not know if I can. I asked the hosts and am waiting on a reply.

@FinalArcadia; I'm going to do whoever the majority chooses.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[steal from FinalArcadia. :>

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

@Pokemaster97; Give Miss Mew an invention then. She should be the vigilante, and without a power to help the Town she's better off using an invention.

Yeah I also think @Neon Borealis; is a good target. He could nameclaim to maybe help.

Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast