Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 37

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 4 - All according to plan? [6-29-13]

If Nytie couldn't have been role locked, then the mafia may have targeted someone else who was protected.

Human could be lying but this explains Hitomi getting no result and Nytie dying better than the earlier role priority theory.

Anyways I think we should stop role analysis and go back to scumhunting. The number of players approaching "cleared" status is becoming uncomfortably high.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 4 - All according to plan? [6-29-13]

Here are my thoughts on what has happened overall, with commentary given as I read it:

DAY 1

DAY 2

NIGHT 2

AND BEYOND

The people I suspect of being the most likely scum are:

Oswin - in addition to just popping in and out frequently with not much contribution, what happened with Nytie is very incriminating.
    Neon Borealis - All that neutrality is very scummy to me, and I think it's because you are trying really hard to avoid tying yourself to anything that could possibly come back to haunt you as mafia. He's my biggest concern after Oswin.
    Harpy - her nameclaim and the whole "color of the independent" thing are worrying, and her behavior hasn't exactly been very helpful to town either. Plus, some of the usage of your ability is very questionable.

Also to a lesser extent than the above, I'm suspicious of the people who come in with very little to say, such as Terezi Pyrope, Soulmaster, and GengarWithSunglasses. While it's possible they legitimately don't have anything to add, I'd like to see more since the less posts a person has, the easier it is to avoid slipping up or avoiding attention. Dark Kyriaki is falling into this category as well as of late, and thinking about her predecessor's behavior (Wallflower), she might be the one to watch the most out of this group.

The people I suspect of being most likely town are:

Froakie - I didn't find anything that stood out to me as suspicious, and she's made a lot of sense.
    Buoy - though I think sometimes the way he puts forth ideas makes him seem overly aggressive to some people which for some reason gets equated with mafia, he really has been asking useful questions and picking at useful points.
    HumanDawn - the ability claim and claim of Harry Potter is one thing (that would be incredibly risky, and while we don't know if heroes can be villains here, the claim itself seems true), and he's been active in getting answers since subbing in.
    Pokemaster97 - consistent town reads, and the Farnsworth thing only adds to that.

So with all that finally said...

VOTE: Oswin

With the intention of pursuing Neon Borealis or Harpy next day phase.
    Last edited by FinalArcadia; 1st July 2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: apparently i do not know the difference between "as" and "at"

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I just had a thought... even though in Walking Dead mafia I used the argument of mafia wouldn't ever no kill, what if the mafia intentionally did not put down a kill last night to make it more confusing for us that there was only one death? If Nytie died along with another player, then it would incriminate Oswin. If just Nytie died, we would get into the debate that we have already had about what happened. I don't think anyone has brought this up yet but I think it's a possibility.

Blog Entries

I'm really sorry for not giving notice about my inactivity, things just happened out of the blue and I wasn't able to do anything about it. Again, sorry guys! /please forgive me :(
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@FinalArcadia; If I am scum then please explain how Nytie did not die when she hid behind me. I don't know why Noivern's was different or if he was confused or even an actual indep but unless you've seen our role PMs then you and the others should not make assumptions.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

...this day phase feels so long.
    @Soulmaster; @m0ckingbird20; @Chronos; Do you think we should just lynch Oswin, or is there someone else more better as a lynch target?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    @FinalArcadia; If I am scum then please explain how Nytie did not die when she hid behind me. I don't know why Noivern's was different or if he was confused or even an actual indep but unless you've seen our role PMs then you and the others should not make assumptions.
    It's not just the color thing, it's that combined with your nameclaim, it seems like you could be mafia using your actual character name, but trying to come across as an independent and assumed that such an alignment would have one of the usual colors. It doesn't make much sense for there to be two different colors of independents, and if I'm going to choose one to believe, it's Noivern with his name claim and win-con. Plus while he has been really cryptic and vague during the game, actions like yours in stealing from Gliscorman and the ability in general make me suspicious of you.

As to why you didn't die, I think Buoy's possible theory here makes a lot of sense, especially with your character being such a big antagonist in Lost.

I'd rather lynch Neon Borealis over you next phase if I was to chose between the two of you, mainly because it could be that you're an independent as you've said that just has been behaving very oddly, whereas Neon Borealis has no such excuse and thus is a better bet as mafia, in my opinion. But even if you are an independent (which I am very hesitant to accept), I think it is dangerous for townies to be losing their abilities to an independent who could potentially side with mafia now or later in the game.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Well, I can't say anything. Other than I'm actually incredibly lazy when thinking of a response.

Why would I want to be neutral so late into the game. If I was mafía, I'd want to be as protown as possible.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Current vote count:

oswin - 7 (drumbeats, buoy, jda95, humandawn, froakie, noivern, finalarcadia)
    harpy - 1 (oswin)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    Well, I can't say anything. Other than I'm actually incredibly lazy when thinking of a response.

Why would I want to be neutral so late into the game. If I was mafía, I'd want to be as protown as possible.
    But if you were town, shouldn't you want to be as pro-town as possible?

It sounds like you're admitting that you haven't been helping town, and rather than attempt to do so now, you're using something that can't be proven as a defense by simply telling us how you'd supposedly behave as mafia in here.

And that very type of "defense" is something I've seen mafia do quite recently - as recent as the Unova Mafia - so even aside from how impossible-to-prove it is, it's not a very effective defense, nor is it changing my opinion.

Blog Entries

@FinalArcadia; If you think Neon is scum then why not vote him and attempt to shift the lynch onto him this phase? Oswin will most likely just stop the lynch so is it not better than a no lynch? Yet you still voted Oswin even though he had plenty of votes on him already. Why?

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post

But if you were town, shouldn't you want to be as pro-town as possible?

It sounds like you're admitting that you haven't been helping town, and rather than attempt to do so now, you're using something that can't be proven as a defense by simply telling us how you'd supposedly behave as mafia in here.

And that very type of "defense" is something I've seen mafia do quite recently - as recent as the Unova Mafia - so even aside from how impossible-to-prove it is, it's not a very effective defense, nor is it changing my opinion.
    Anyone can act protown if they want to. That's the main key for mafia players in order to survive (Of course, there are more styles, including the "I'm inactive so people don't notice me" style, which is basically my MO as I have recently noticed).

What can I do to be more protown then? I'm really not good at getting reads, or debating...

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

@FinalArcadia; If you think Neon is scum then why not vote him and attempt to shift the lynch onto him this phase? Oswin will most likely just stop the lynch so is it not better than a no lynch? Yet you still voted Oswin even though he had plenty of votes on him already. Why?
    To me, that Nytie died after hiding behind Oswin is pretty good reason to lynch him. Plus, he hasn't exactly shown himself to seem particularly town-like either, as I mentioned here earlier (where I also said that Neon Borealis is of concern for lynching after Oswin, by which I meant that Oswin has more incriminating evidence against him):

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    Oswin - in addition to just popping in and out frequently with not much contribution, what happened with Nytie is very incriminating.
    Neon Borealis - All that neutrality is very scummy to me, and I think it's because you are trying really hard to avoid tying yourself to anything that could possibly come back to haunt you as mafia. He's my biggest concern after Oswin.
    Additionally, governor isn't a bad fakeclaim for mafia, since it discourages people from trying to lynch them. With how Mijz has already proven to have a vote-freezing ability way back on Day 1, I'm very skeptical of the governor thing anyway, and since Oswin has more against him than Mijz, I'm thinking Mijz is town and Oswin is mafia either with a scum-aligned lynch-stopping ability, or some other ability completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis
    Anyone can act protown if they want to. That's the main key for mafia players in order to survive (Of course, there are more styles, including the "I'm inactive so people don't notice me" style, which is basically my MO as I have recently noticed).

What can I do to be more protown then? I'm really not good at getting reads, or debating...
    I agree, but what I'm saying is that the reason you give that you aren't mafia - because you'd be trying to seem more pro-town - can kind of be reversed in that townies should always try to act pro-town as well since that's how they can better work toward eliminating mafia, so the defense really doesn't work.

With some practice at it you might improve with reads and debating, or if not those things, something like searching for contradictions in peoples' posts or other anomalies could be pro-town. Just anything that might lead to a discovery or some good discussion could be really helpful.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Why don't you? If you're trying to act a part of the town, at least vote for the people who the town has come to a consensus is mafia. It's all well and good you saying you'll lie low and not do anything, but actually voting for people you think is mafia and contributing is a lot better than you not putting in your own votes and instead ordering/heavily questioning other people to vote for somebody.

Blog Entries

@Froakie; I'm not voting because I'm not sure who is mafia right now and I won't vote Oswin in case town decides to actually try to find someone else to lynch instead of wasting a day phase on him. I'll be at work so I can't change my vote but I don't understand why people continue to attempt to lynch Oswin instead of ignoring him since if Human is telling the truth then I will be able to vig kill him tonight with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by @FinalArcadia;
    Additionally, governor isn't a bad fakeclaim for mafia, since it discourages people from trying to lynch them. With how Mijz has already proven to have a vote-freezing ability way back on Day 1, I'm very skeptical of the governor thing anyway, and since Oswin has more against him than Mijz, I'm thinking Mijz is town and Oswin is mafia either with a scum-aligned lynch-stopping ability, or some other ability completely.
    What? Um you do know Mijz is dead right? Also thats what a governor is: Lynch redirect or lynch stop. Oswin said its the second one. If you think Oswin is lying then what do you think of the fact that Phoenicks has a vote reflecting ability?

Also you said my nameclaim makes me scummy yet if I was scum why would I claim a villain, from a show I know nothing about nor knew any of the hosts watched instead of one from something like TWD that I know plenty about and know Paperhorse likes?

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast