Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 25

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar

Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    @m0ckingbird20; Have you caught up yet?
    @HumanDawn; As soon as you catch up please share your thoughts.
    No sorry, I have been busy today and didn't cover anything. I will try to have it done by tonight.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

Since voting someone like Phoenicks or Buoy will get us nowhere how about putting pressure on someone else like:

VOTE: Nytie
    @Nytie; You chose to lead a lynch on an inactive rather than choose someone else amongst the ones that were being voted that phase. In other words it was a neutral stance and avoided taking sides.
    Lynching people like Phoenicks, me, jda, buoy or even people like froakie or gliscorman would do a lot more info-wise than lynching someone like Nytie. And since I kinda killed the cop it's pretty much the only way we can get info right now.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least she put a vote up.

Vote: Faerie

You didn't say anything that hasn't already been said -- your post felt a bit safe and stale. Do you have anything else to add?
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Okay, first off, I apologize in advance for the fact that this post is maybe going to be a wall of text, but here we go.

First off, I am going to talk about my ability. Every night, I can choose a person to "hide behind". I am only affected by abilities targeted at this person, but if the person I hide behind is mafia, I will be killed.

On Night 1, I didn't use my ability. Last night, I hid behind Harpy. As you can see, I am not dead, which means that Harpy cannot be mafia.

As of now, I am going to announce in the thread who I will hide behind each night. That way, If I am dead in the morning, then the remaining town members will know the person I hid behind is mafia. I am open to suggestions on who you guys think I should hide behind.

Edit: @Harpy; I wasn't the first person to vote J J M on Day 2 :I
    Last edited by Nytie; 27th June 2013 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

^ That's a great role if you're telling the truth. If the mafia kills you, unless there is a vigilante or a serial killer or something the number of kills should only be one. So we shouldn't get any confusions on whether you died by hiding behind someone etc. etc.

However, if the mafia has a roleblocker, they could just continue to roleblock you everynight, meaning you would theoretically be 'clearing' even mafia members.

Quote Originally Posted by Froakie View Post
    ^ That's a great role if you're telling the truth. If the mafia kills you, unless there is a vigilante or a serial killer or something the number of kills should only be one. So we shouldn't get any confusions on whether you died by hiding behind someone etc. etc.

However, if the mafia has a roleblocker, they could just continue to roleblock you everynight, meaning you would theoretically be 'clearing' even mafia members.
    If Phoenicks was notified that Harpy stole his role, then I assume that I'd be told if I got roleblocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Nytie; I saw people saying that you were so I got from that.

@HumanDawn; I have still have two shots left. Anyways even though I just have to survive it would be boring to sit around and watch the game with occasional posts to avoid subbing out and since I can't ally with mafia since there are no outside communications then town is the only choice.

@GliscorMan; If I was roleblocked, how does that make the roleblocker town? Also just because Buoy knows nothing about what happened doesn't mean that either of us is lying.

@Mijzelffan; You suggested people to lynch but yet you didn't vote anyone. Why?

@Buoy; I tried to steal it so that if you came up something like strongman then I could tell the thread and have you lynched.

@Froakie; If Nytie gets roleblocked then they will be told.

Anyways Mijz said something interesting. I said last day phase that either Phoenicks or Mijz are most likely mafia but not both and since Phoenicks can't be lynched:

UNVOTE: Nytie
    VOTE: Mijzelffan

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

You didn't say anything that hasn't already been said -- your post felt a bit safe and stale. Do you have anything else to add?
    Not particularly. I don't really have a clear read on anyone right now. I understand that you have been against Harpy since the beginning, but I'm a little skeptical of Buoy and jda being so aggressive towards her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    Okay, first off, I apologize in advance for the fact that this post is maybe going to be a wall of text, but here we go.

First off, I am going to talk about my ability. Every night, I can choose a person to "hide behind". I am only affected by abilities targeted at this person, but if the person I hide behind is mafia, I will be killed.

On Night 1, I didn't use my ability. Last night, I hid behind Harpy. As you can see, I am not dead, which means that Harpy cannot be mafia.

As of now, I am going to announce in the thread who I will hide behind each night. That way, If I am dead in the morning, then the remaining town members will know the person I hid behind is mafia. I am open to suggestions on who you guys think I should hide behind.

Edit: @Harpy; I wasn't the first person to vote J J M on Day 2 :I
    Not sure I like the plan's publicity, oh well. There are lots of ways it could go wrong (especially if mafia kill your target). Still, may help.

Is your target open to discussion? I'd ask for Froakie, Jda95, or Buoy. They're not scummy enough for a lynch but getting clearance on any could be exposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

Not particularly. I don't really have a clear read on anyone right now. I understand that you have been against Harpy since the beginning, but I'm a little skeptical of Buoy and jda being so aggressive towards her.
    Do you have any opinions or thoughts on any of the ongoing debates? Even if you're only repeating others' opinions (please try not to), anything you have to say is valuable.

Are there any players you think are probably town, or especially helping town? Any posts you would definitely agree with or oppose? Is there a player you think hasn't been saying enough?

@Harpy; is the target of your ability also open for discussion?

(You're still an independent. But. I'm more okay with this now.)
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

I can see Nytie's plan going more wrong than right. If they don't get hit with a nightkill straight up the mafia will either constantly or strategically roleblock to make the role useless - because ultimately it's a more risky cop and something they'd want eliminated immediately. This'd be a great role in a game with outside communications but in a NOC game, it necessitated announcing the plan to everyone and I can't see it working too well for anyone unfortunately.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I can see Nytie's plan going more wrong than right. If they don't get hit with a nightkill straight up the mafia will either constantly or strategically roleblock to make the role useless - because ultimately it's a more risky cop and something they'd want eliminated immediately. This'd be a great role in a game with outside communications but in a NOC game, it necessitated announcing the plan to everyone and I can't see it working too well for anyone unfortunately.
    I agree completely with this statement. Because the real cop is dead, they are almost guaranteed use the roleblock on Nytie, because it's less risky than roleblocking a random person every night. I'm assuming Nytie will most likely get doctor protection from now on, but we can't be putting all of our eggs in one basket with this.

Blog Entries

@Phoenicks; Of course it is. What exactly about it would you like to discuss?

Blog Entries

Who have you considered targeting?

Blog Entries

Who have you considered targeting?
    Those who have been top suspects of mine. I was figuring that finding out Buoy's ability may give me a better read on several alignments since in thread interaction can go from that if the ability is obvious like a doc role. However I am contemplating choosing an inactive tonight to see if they are mafia flying under the radar assuming the ability isn't a strange one.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

@Harpy;

You're right, it would be boring to do nothing. You want to have as much fun as you can, and backstabbing the Town last minute would help achieve that. I don't have plans to lynch you because if the Town killed almost all the Mafia I'm sure you'd join in in getting the last. NoC isn't really an excuse when near the end of the game you could ally with them better and win.

So now we have Harpy's role stealing ability that may or may not help us, Hitomi's Cop checks, and now Nytie's claimed ability that can help us find Mafia. There's a lot of room for failure, especially with a Roleblocker apparently and the Nightkill. We'd have to be incredibly lucky to get all 3 to work. If we luckily lynched a Mafia Roleblocker today, things would be easier.

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast