Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 24

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

@Harpy;

One thing you overlooked is that Buoy might be a commuter, taking his commute.

While I'm not entirely convinced as to your alignment (now and later), this discussion is much needed. I haven't been roleblocked or any similar action, to my knowledge.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 3 - The fall of the Knight [6-25-13]

Ooh you're right I didn't think of that ^^;

That adds a third possibility. Anyone else have anything to add?

Also @GliscorMan; How did last phase not prove my ability? I knew Phoenicks ability and if I was a rolechecker it would have been stupid to claim I could take abilities and use them since I would never be able to prove taking them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    Also @GliscorMan; How did last phase not prove my ability? I knew Phoenicks ability and if I was a rolechecker it would have been stupid to claim I could take abilities and use them since I would never be able to prove taking them.
    You'll notice that I said alignment and not ability. I never doubted your ability (aside from the remote possibility of both a roleblocker and rolechecker Mafia team working together), however I do doubt that you'll stick entirely town-side the entire game, if you are indeed independent, as I suspect you are.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I'll sub in for her. I can't promise that I'll be too active these past few days though.

Now that the reviver used their ability, if I die, can I talk about the game as a spectator to somebody who isn't playing the game?

追放されたバカ

Hi guys. Sorry for the inactivity, I've just been so caught up with other stuff lately, but I'll try to be as active as possible.
    @Faerie; Who is your top suspect and why? (If it's Me/Mijz/Harpy, please keep providing suspects until you describe someone new.)

I think Harpy has pretty much been serving as a bad distraction for everyone, however I'm not really sure as of now whether she's scum or not. Like others have said, it seems she might be an independent. Don't think she'd just out your role like that if she were mafia, but I definitely don't think she's town.

Do you think anyone on the Noivern or JJM wagons is/was scummy? Why/why not?

No I don't, except maybe Noivern just because I've been rather confused by what he's saying half the time. Behind the scenes, strange feelings, hiding stuff(?) - I'm not sure what to think of that. Nytie was the first to vote for JJM I believe, and no, I don't think what she/he(sorry you're a Porygon ;_;)did was scummy, as I found it understandable(but not something I would agree on).

Blog Entries

Since voting someone like Phoenicks or Buoy will get us nowhere how about putting pressure on someone else like:

VOTE: Nytie
    @Nytie; You chose to lead a lynch on an inactive rather than choose someone else amongst the ones that were being voted that phase. In other words it was a neutral stance and avoided taking sides.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I'll sub in for her. I can't promise that I'll be too active these past few days though.

Now that the reviver used their ability, if I die, can I talk about the game as a spectator to somebody who isn't playing the game?
    Sure thing! As long as they don't want to sub. I'll send you your role right now. Thanks!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Blog Entries

@m0ckingbird20; Have you caught up yet?
    @HumanDawn; As soon as you catch up please share your thoughts.

Blog Entries

i love whoever made my role pm ‹3

Role confirmed.

I have been reading the thread ever since the game started, but I'll have to read it again. I'm currently really busy today so I won't have time to post with having to make lots of sushi for a party tonight. Tomorrow I'll also be gone for most of the day. I won't even be in Malta.

For now, @Harpy;, where did you get this vendetta of getting revenge on Malta for when you're an Independent? IIRC, the first game you ever played here was the Zexal Mafia, were you won as an Independent with help from the Mafia. Shouldn't the vendetta not even exist then?

@Buoy;, do you think Harpy's claimed failure of being unable to steal your role has something to do with a role you might have?

Blog Entries

I have no idea why her role wouldn't work on me.

Blog Entries

@HumanDawn;
    1)Mr. Fahrenheit's element mafia was my first actually

2)I died the night before the final phase in zexal mafia actually. I've never won as indep. The one time I wasn't night killed as indep was with a different win condition and I lost right before I would have won because mafia won. Mafia always screws me over as an indep.

Blog Entries

@Buoy; @Harpy;

Either Harpy got roleblocked (an interesting choice, and leads me to think that said roleblocker would be Town-sided), or one of you two is lying. Please discuss.

Blog Entries

whatever happened to 'don't bring personal feelings into games'? you're basically saying you're allying with town because you have a grudge, when you're not even supposed to be bringing over grudges from past games. that's the exact same thing as me saying that i'm not going to work with the town just because i was lynched by the town while being town before. it's firstly not a good reason at all, and secondly you're pretty much breaking the war room rules. okay, sure, you can ally with town, but if it's just because you've got a 'grudge', then that's a less-than-good reason to. you just seem to be using it as a 'realistic' excuse to be involved with the town. okay, you can say all you want that there's no possibility of allying with the mafia, but, since you're an independent, why even bother going to help the town? you should technically be focusing on you staying alive, which is what a survivor does. risking your wincon for the sake of a personal 'grudge' is really bad independent play, which makes me believe that you're not independent -- unless you want to admit to playing against your win condition based on outside-game personal feelings. (:

since gliscorman wants us to 'discuss' what has happened, nobody has admitted to roleblocking you, and i certainly haven't done anything to you. besides that, why would you knowingly try stealing an ability of someone who you've declared to be mafia? are you fed up of the anti-town ability you already have? if your opinion on me was already decided, why would you try looking for further evidence? all the evidence you needed before was clearly right here in the thread. anyway, you stealing roles in itself is not a pro-town ability -- say you stole the doctor ability from a person and they died. we'd be stuck with a doctor whose wincon doesn't match ours, so what is the point? it's not a useful ability for us at all, and it's not that useful for an independent -- most town-aligned roles don't have much use for an apparent 'survivor' such as yourself. since my role is not something that can inherently block a claimed ability such as yours, there has been some form of interference or you're lying.

Blog Entries

Whoops. ^^;

I doubt it was a Town-sided Roleblocker when part of Spiderman's role made them Roleblock somebody. Harpy's role is like that of a Role Cop, only she temporarily takes the ability. It would be too risky for the Mafia to not Roleblock her if she's saying the truth. Harpy claimed she had 3 shots, and with her saying the second shot failed to provide her with a role, I'd like to know if it means that she still has 2 shots left, or if it was used up. I'm also having trouble believing this "vendetta" on the Mafia as an Independent. It sounds too childish and unorthodox, and the only times I've ever claimed of getting revenge on anybody in a game was just for laughs and giggles. Nothing really serious. Basically, you play to win for your own win condition the best you can, not for personal reasons, and as I'm sure Harpy knows that, it leads me to believe that she's lying about actually helping the Town throughout the whole game. Even the reason is weak and illogical. If I had to guess which character she might fit that would steal an ability and then lose it, it would be Robin Hood because he'd steal stuff from the rich to then give out to the poor who need it later. There hasn't been any counterclaims of an Independent, although I doubt they would even claim it, and in a game this size I expect there would be an Independent, so I'm inclined to believe Harpy's claimed ability and win condition, but not her claim of being of use to the town. Even if she did steal a role from the Mafia, I wouldn't be surprised if she claimed of being unable to steal any like she claimed now. That's my opinion on Harpy.

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast