Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 21

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

After reading through, the feeling I get is that Harpy and Phoenicks are both being truthful about their alignments. If either one of them was mafia, drawing attention to themselves the way they are just isn't smart, and neither of them are dumb.

I'm seeing more logic in Mijz's points than you guys are giving him credit for, though. The mafia would probably spare Harpy just for the fact that their win condition is "outnumber town" and if she is indep, then killing her doesn't count towards a win for them.

I have no idea what to think about J J M because he's made two posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    I'm seeing more logic in Mijz's points than you guys are giving him credit for, though. The mafia would probably spare Harpy just for the fact that their win condition is "outnumber town" and if she is indep, then killing her doesn't count towards a win for them.
    I find it odd that people are giving Mijz credit for that considering I posted a tl;dr version yesterday before all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post

Let's start with Harpy's claim. I'm not sure about the validity of the claim, it's a role that could really go either way. Further more, the role tells us virtually nothing about possible other roles in the game, or the possible alignment of other players. However, if she's independent as she claims, she really doesn't have to do anything that helps the town or the mafia at all. All she has to do is make it to the end. I don't think she's scared of being lynched because she knows that if we lynch her and she flips independent like she claimed, we would have wasted a lynch. On the other hand, the mafia wouldn't want to go after her either, because if she was night killed, the mafia would have wasted a night killing off a non-town/non-power role.
    ^ The post I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Sorry for not being active (like, at all). Life and laziness got in the way. I'll try to read what I can of the thread.

And about Harpy's claim, assuming she's telling the truth, the mafia would definitely ignore her for nightkills since she's basically not Town.

I'm inclined to believe her though for the moment, at least until she can prove herself.
    Sorry, but I'm honestly not convinced by your "life and laziness" excuse considering you were online several time and were not subbed out (which shows signs of activity maybe not here but somewhere). Also, it's been a while since that post and you still haven't posted anything else. How long does it take to catch up?

Now about the Mijz.. I'm not really sure how I feel regarding this. I'm on the fence, but it's not really enough to make me change my vote at this time. I feel like it would be safer to go after J J M, so we can allow more discussion and possibly a slip up from someone.
    Last edited by Pokemaster97; 24th June 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    I find it odd that people are giving Mijz credit for that considering I posted a tl;dr version yesterday before all of this.

Let's start with Harpy's claim. I'm not sure about the validity of the claim, it's a role that could really go either way. Further more, the role tells us virtually nothing about possible other roles in the game, or the possible alignment of other players. However, if she's independent as she claims, she really doesn't have to do anything that helps the town or the mafia at all. All she has to do is make it to the end. I don't think she's scared of being lynched because she knows that if we lynch her and she flips independent like she claimed, we would have wasted a lynch. On the other hand, the mafia wouldn't want to go after her either, because if she was night killed, the mafia would have wasted a night killing off a non-town/non-power role.
    ^ The post I was referring to.
    Right, sorry for passing over your post like that. Now that you've pointed that out though, I do find it interesting that nobody attacked your for that when they're perfectly willing to jump on Mijz now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

voting locked.
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

shhhhh.
    Blog Entries

Follow Parma on Tumblr

Can you save me from this world of mine
    Before I get myself arrested with this expectation
    You are the one look what you’ve done
    What have you done?
    This is not some kind of joke
    You’re just a kid
    You weren’t ready for what you did
    -"Ordinary" by Train

The city was quiet. The good girls and studious boys were all in bed, leaving the freaks, geeks and the undesirables out to claim their reward. Spiderman looked down upon them. He didn't say anything, opting to look up to the sky and continue climbing the highest building.

It was a warm night, he thought. Perfect for fighting crime.

Quick! He looked to both his left and right. Something wasn't right. His senses alerted him to some sort of danger from below. Spiderman took his arm out and shot his usual web. It all happened too quickly.

"It's that web-slingin' fella!"

"Get him!"

The loud voices from below were sending him into flight. He continued leaping from building to building in hopes that the mob from below would cease their endless rampage.

A torch came onto him too quickly! The flames from the torch burned his only link to safety!

He suddenly got overwhelmed with the intense heat from below. One single misjudge of a jump and it was soon over. Neither his webs nor his wits could stop his quickly approaching fate.

It's now Night 2. Phase ends 6/25/13 at 10PM EDT.

also did this list actually work in mentioning you guys? speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Last edited by Paperhorse; 24th June 2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: fixed pokemaster's mention :)
    the vile, wandering one sneaks up

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

EDIT: BTW in Doc Who mafia Mijz lynched vig day one to prove his double voter ability. At this point either Mijz or Phoenicks is mafia I believe allowing town one lynch protection role at least. I doubt they would have two though. I'm obviously leaning towards Phoenicks being mafia. Oh and shocker that JJM was town :p

EDIT EDIT: Yes the mention did work

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

nooooo spider-man ;____; (yes there is a hyphen don't question me)
    @Harpy; You have still not answered why you voted nick when you knew of his ability. :)
    Also why are you bringing up Mijz in DW Mafia? I do think he is mafia but why bring that up when he actually was town that time? The similarity between the two lynches are more proof that he's just selfish and not necessarily pro-town rather than a scumtell.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Night 2 - No more webs [6-24-13]

@Parma;
    Sadly, my mention was the only one that didn't work. (I see you accidentally messed up mine :p)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    @Harpy; You have still not answered why you voted nick when you knew of his ability. :)
    Also why are you bringing up Mijz in DW Mafia? I do think he is mafia but why bring that up when he actually was town that time? The similarity between the two lynches are more proof that he's just selfish and not necessarily pro-town rather than a scumtell.
    1) AGAIN I NEVER VOTED HIM PHASE TWO
    2) I brought it up to show he does that even as town

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    1) AGAIN I NEVER VOTED HIM PHASE TWO
    2) I brought it up to show he does that even as town
    yes you did. if you go back to the phase change at the start of day two, follow the posts, you will see a post, where you voted phoenicks. how many different languages do i need to say it in?

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

To all participants: Lively debates are encouraged, but tone down your posts. Some of you are getting too rude.
    Last edited by Paperhorse; 24th June 2013 at 10:11 PM. Reason: grammar

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

this is why I don't like lynching inactives. not a great indicator of being scum.

(of course I've been inactive too so I'm sorry about that)

Harpy is looking very, very scummy to me right now. there are just too many contradictions going on.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries

@jda95; My apologies I did. Next time it might help that when you quote a vote don't cut out the stuff with it. I missed it because I had other things with it. And I did look over before

EDIT: @Terezi Pyrope; Mind saying what these contradictions are for well everyone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Sorry for not being active (like, at all). Life and laziness got in the way. I'll try to read what I can of the thread.

And about Harpy's claim, assuming she's telling the truth, the mafia would definitely ignore her for nightkills since she's basically not Town.

I'm inclined to believe her though for the moment, at least until she can prove herself.
    Sorry, but I'm honestly not convinced by your "life and laziness" excuse considering you were online several time and were not subbed out (which shows signs of activity maybe not here but somewhere). Also, it's been a while since that post and you still haven't posted anything else. How long does it take to catch up?

Now about the Mijz.. I'm not really sure how I feel regarding this. I'm on the fence, but it's not really enough to make me change my vote at this time. I feel like it would be safer to go after J J M, so we can allow more discussion and possibly a slip up from someone.
    Well, now are you convinced? :>

Good luck, Town. You better beat that mafia.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    My apologies I did. Next time it might help that when you quote a vote don't cut out the stuff with it. I missed it because I had other things with it. And I did look over before
    Thank you. Now can you please explain why you did it when you later said you'd never risk voting for him?

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast