Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 19

Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

I'm going to take a time-out to review my actions in thread so please don't talk to me for the time being. I need some time to think things over and see what I can do.

Thank you.

unvote: Phoenicks

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me
    If this logic holds then playing independent should be easy: "I'm independent and it's in everyone's interests to let me win."

Either you're with the town or you're not. If you are with us -- great! -- then you are a viable nightkill.

This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie
    -Everyone who's not voting for me has defended me

-I'm not voting you because you said yourself that votes will reflect off of you

-(and I won't take that risk unless our #2 lynch is also scummy)

(The rudeness I have felt is not something I will stand. I am not appealing to emotions, juggling for position, or trying to make a deal out of it. I would say the same if it was directed at anyone else. Can we please drop it?)

Okay, town: who are we going to lynch if not harpy and (I hope) not myself?

I want to wait on JJM still -- the same logic of no substitution applies, and I feel more bad than good about the one post he did make. (More gut feeling than anything serious.)
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    But if she's treating herself as town, why wouldn't they want to kill her?

If she's not treating herself as town, why shouldn't we get rid of her?

If the mafia don't want to kill her then we can't trust her.
    Mostly because she doesn't count to their win condition. But if she's too pro-town (which she isn't right now), then they might go for her. And it's not like they can form an alliance with her behind our back. So usually, at least in the early stages of the game, the independents are going to be inclined to help Town.

And of course we can trust Harpy if she's willing to help us. Why shouldn't we??

And apparently I didn't get subbed because there weren't any active subs (other than HumanDawn but I don't know if he's available right now or not).
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay. While you were responding to my suspicions did you look at the rest of the thread?
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Noivern View Post
    Unvote: Phoenicks

Vote: J J M

I don't like the sound of J J M doing things behind the scenes, too. I might be joining a bandwagon, but that's a reason I'd agree to.
    what does that even mean? what is jjm doing behind the scenes? where are these words coming from i don't understand

Blog Entries

I don't like the sound of J J M doing things behind the scenes, too. I might be joining a bandwagon, but that's a reason I'd agree to.
    Doing things behind the scenes? Wat.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

vote: harpy

Let's see how this vote-bouncing trick works. Though I wouldn't be surprised if harpy is mafia and she's just gonna get someone to redirect the lynch to the person who'd have the highest votes if the bouncing thing were real.

Blog Entries

If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me

VOTE: Buoy

This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie
    I don't entirely know what to say. You haven't actually accused me of anything other than trying to 'mislynch a townie', which sort of contradicts your independent claim -- I know you pretty much cannot be a townie at this point, otherwise you wouldn't have claimed independent, so there goes that accusation. Oh, yeah, I forgot, I'm voting a claimed independent in hope that she actually turns out town and me and my scumbuddies score a mislynch! As well as that, if I turned up mafia, that doesn't make Phoenicks mafia -- just because I 'defended' him, that doesn't automatically make us mafia together if one of us turns out to be mafia. He could be townie, and I could be defending him as mafia to get him to trust me. I'm not, but you can't leap to conclusions and assume you're right, which I've noticed is one of your favourite pastimes in these games.

Besides, I highly doubt it reflects everybody's vote back onto them -- unless it's an x-shot ability, that's way overpowered for any alignment. Your reluctance to out the person you 'borrowed' (strange that you missed that detail the first time) the ability from, despite you personally finding it scummy, and and despite other players saying it to be scummy, is suspicious. Besides that, you're independent, and you're trying to get a potential townie lynched so you, as an independent, can PROVE your ability, so people will believe your role. You're trying to help the town, and we don't necessarily need you to prove your role by trying to kill one of its members. There's nothing at all that I've said that would really suggest I'm scum -- or you probably would have picked up on it and pointed it out when voting me. Seeing as you haven't, and nobody else has accused me of doing anything other than 'being aggressive', then I would probably suggest that you didn't try to prove your role by killing me. In fact, I'd refrain from trying to personally kill anyone -- as a 'pro-town' independent, you're not here to take charge; you're here to help.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    @Harpy;

a) Answer my question please :)
    b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?
    I hope B is the question you wanted answered because if not then you have to re ask it

Buoy has been defending Phoenicks to extreme lengths and I never said mislynch me. The ability would cause a lynch if I wanted it to assuming that no one else but me had votes on them i would only have to choose a single target. Anyways its just his behavior and reactions to people and the unwavering faith he has that Phoenicks is town. Plus that supposed slip up he said I have, notice how there was no possibility of mafia clearing mafia in it. That leaves 1) he is mafia trying to look clear by defending a townie 2)he mafia trying to clear mafia.

It gives me no reason to believe he's town. Also I never voted Phoenicks

JJM never said he was doing anything behind the scenes. The closest he got to those words was saying mafia can't ally with me behind towns back.

OK, if I'm not wrong, as long as nothing funny's going on with the votes, it's like this:
    @Noivern - 0
    @J J M - 5
    @Phoenicks - 2
    @Harpy - 3
    @Buoy - 1

When I say "doing something behind the scenes", I could be meaning a lot of things, but lurking in the background sometimes make me suspect something is up. Let's hope I don't end up screwing things up for the entire town because we bandwagoned on a poor sap.
    JJM never said he was even viewing the thread which is what lurking is. He hasn't been reading it or anything.

@Phoenicks; No people have been asking why some of us think you're scum but only Buoy has defended you especially to such exuberant lengths.

@Buoy; 1) I don't know about the person who has it but I can only assume its x shot for them and for me
    2) Why do you want to know who they are so badly? And again I will only out them if town wants me to. So far its only you someone I believe to be mafia.
    3) I stated my reasons for thinking you're scum above when replying to jda.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

@Harpy;

a) Answer my question please :)
    b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?
    I hope B is the question you wanted answered because if not then you have to re ask it

------

Also I never voted Phoenicks
    um the question i was referring to was the phoenicks question (which you answered at the end anyway?)
    but

Anyways VOTE: Phoenicks
    idk this looks an awful lot like a vote for phoenicks to me >:

Buoy has been defending Phoenicks to extreme lengths and I never said mislynch me. The ability would cause a lynch if I wanted it to assuming that no one else but me had votes on them i would only have to choose a single target. Anyways its just his behavior and reactions to people and the unwavering faith he has that Phoenicks is town. Plus that supposed slip up he said I have, notice how there was no possibility of mafia clearing mafia in it. That leaves 1) he is mafia trying to look clear by defending a townie 2)he mafia trying to clear mafia.

It gives me no reason to believe he's town.
    -what
    -what
    -what
    I do not understand how you have come to the conclusion that there's no possibility other than him being mafia? Buoy neglecting to mention a mafia clearing mafia possibility instantly makes him scum???? uhhhh

Why do you want to know who they are so badly? And again I will only out them if town wants me to. So far its only you someone I believe to be mafia.
    How can you not see how people would be interested in who you took it from? When you first asked what people thought of the role, most said it sounded like it'd be mafia-aligned. If you legitimately took it from someone else I see no reason why you'd be unwilling to hide it from the town.

Blog Entries

@jda95; Two people answered my question and no one else told me their opinion. Also that vote is from D1. I never voted Phoenicks yet this phase and it should be obvious why at this point. Also I never said I'm only voting Buoy for the scum slip thing. Its his behavior as I stated already and unless he and Phoenicks are masons or lovers I see no reason for him to defend to such lengths. And I know they are not either of those roles.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

@jda95; Two people answered my question and no one else told me their opinion. Also that vote is from D1. I never voted Phoenicks yet this phase and it should be obvious why at this point. Also I never said I'm only voting Buoy for the scum slip thing. Its his behavior as I stated already and unless he and Phoenicks are masons or lovers I see no reason for him to defend to such lengths. And I know they are not either of those roles.
    no, it was a day 2 vote. check if you want, it won't make you any less incorrect. :)

and you know buoy (and other people eg me, pls stop singling out people) could be defending phoenicks because the accusations against him are ridiculously baseless

or we could just all be scumbuddies who've never played mafia before. we're that dumb. yeah.

Blog Entries

It gives me no reason to believe he's town. Also I never voted Phoenicks
    Yeah, I've totally been defending him to extreme lengths. I'm so ready to put my life on the line for him. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes, just as long as you leave my baby Phoenicks alone! Do me a favour, right? Stop exaggerating. I've defended him, yes, but only a little -- I haven't gone to extreme lengths. I'm not crying myself to sleep because you guys are voting him, and I'm not even answering his attackers for him -- I even said 'I don't presume to speak for Phoenicks'. All I've been doing is attacking the so-called logic that people are using to attack him with, because, guess what? It's not even logical. On no planet is being pro-town a scumtell -- oh no! A person is helping the town? By that logic, they must be mafia! Like, literally, you may as well just lynch yourself, Harpy, because you're attempting to be pro-town, and that's obviously something that can be seen in mafia members, as opposed to townies being pro-town. I've really had enough of your 'logic' (not even logic, by the way; you're basically just accusing people randomly on absolutely no real evidence at all, while also exaggerating the truth).

Also, I don't have 'unwavering faith' that Phoenicks is town, thanks. I never said once what my opinion on Phoenicks' alignment is -- I'm defending him a little, yes, but he could be mafia for all I know. I've mistakenly defended mafia in the past, but, as you'll have noticed, I tend to point out flawed reasoning wherever it's presented. In Spectrum Achromatic's BW Unova Mafia, I pretty much off-the-bat attacked the poor logic that was being used to lynch him, yet he turned out to be mafia, and nobody tried attacking me for it then -- and, you know what? Nobody except you is attacking me for pointing out the poor logic being used against Phoenicks here. Irregardless of what I think of anyone's alignment, I'm going to point out flawed logic, and if you think that's me defending someone because I think they're town, then you're completely and utterly wrong. There are so many examples of me being town and defending anyone against stupid reasoning, even if they turn out to be mafia -- is that enough meta for you? You seem to love it so much that I thought I'd dribble in a tidbit of it for you. (:

Also, for your little 'no mafia clearing mafia possibility', literally what? Am I supposed to point out every single possibility? If you're saying that you know Phoenicks to be town, then you're mafia either way, so what difference does it make? It could be 'mafia clearing mafia', but you're still going to be mafia no matter what the theory is, so why would I care? I don't see how me not pointing that out makes me scum -- I don't pretend to know Phoenicks' alignment either way. I'm not accusing him of being mafia, or clearing him as being town. I'm saying that YOU'RE trying to state that he's town without any prior evidence, and that's what makes YOU mafia. The fact that I didn't bring up a certain theory doesn't make me mafia. Did you actually want me to catch you out? Are you really mafia trying to clear mafia? I don't see how any of that reflects me, to be fair. In fact, I still don't think I entirely understand what you're trying to accuse me of here, because that's how little sense you actually make.

@Buoy; 1) I don't know about the person who has it but I can only assume its x shot for them and for me
    2) Why do you want to know who they are so badly? And again I will only out them if town wants me to. So far its only you someone I believe to be mafia.
    3) I stated my reasons for thinking you're scum above when replying to jda.
    1. is that a question or what because i literally dont care
    2. hm. a person has a scummy role. why wouldn't i want to know? oh, that's right! i must be scum trying to figure out who the other scum are! i forgot about that! you think that the role is scummy, i think that the role is scummy, other people think that the role is scummy. what more do you want? do you want literally everyone in the game to tell you to out the role? you're basically just withholding information for no real reason other than 'town' hasn't told you to out it. who is town? do you know who they are? you must know who they are if you're waiting for them to ask you in its entirety.
    3. breaking news! they're not good reasons

Blog Entries

no, it was a day 2 vote. check if you want, it won't make you any less incorrect. :)

and you know buoy (and other people eg me, pls stop singling out people) could be defending phoenicks because the accusations against him are ridiculously baseless

or we could just all be scumbuddies who've never played mafia before. we're that dumb. yeah.
    I did check. Guess what thats not a day two vote because I wouldnt risk voting Phoenicks because I know it would fail if I did since he's the one with the voting reflect ability unless he's a nexus and my ability got redirected onto someone else last night.
    @Buoy; there is your answer.

Blog Entries

@Phoenicks; Do you want to deny it or say anything at all?

Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast