Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 18

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 960
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

  1. #256
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,951
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    I'm actually really confused as to why people are voting Phoenicks.

    I read your explanations so far. There's no solid facts, not a single thing. All meta and WIFOM. In addition, all the "reasoning" behind lynching Phoenicks smells of the "reasoning" which got Noivern lynched last phase. Every specific event cited by the people in the "Nick is Scum Party" are the same events which were/are leading me to the opinion that Nick is Town.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  2. #257
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    @Spectrum Achromatic; Please stop being rude.
    Last edited by Phoenicks; 23rd June 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Clarifying

  3. #258
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    @Spectrum Achromatic; Please stop being rude.


    Don't worry. If you flip town, we'll know for sure your top suspect is mafia.

  4. #259
    Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bath, England
    Posts
    2,364
    Blog Entries
    175

    Follow Froakie on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Don't worry. If you flip town, we'll know for sure your top suspect is mafia.
    It doesn't work like that, just because someone suspects a player and they turn out to be town doesn't make that person mafia.

  5. #260
    Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    I don't really know where to begin with all of this... (The last 3 pages mostly occurred while I was asleep).

    Let's start with Harpy's claim. I'm not sure about the validity of the claim, it's a role that could really go either way. Further more, the role tells us virtually nothing about possible other roles in the game, or the possible alignment of other players. However, if she's independent as she claims, she really doesn't have to do anything that helps the town or the mafia at all. All she has to do is make it to the end. I don't think she's scared of being lynched because she knows that if we lynch her and she flips independent like she claimed, we would have wasted a lynch. On the other hand, the mafia wouldn't want to go after her either, because if she was night killed, the mafia would have wasted a night killing off a non-town/non-power role.

    Additionally, I don't understand the reasoning for voting Pheonicks, that was never quite clear to me while reading through the thread. Besides CrackFox, no one explained their votes on him. Can @Spectrum Achromatic; or Noivern care to elaborate a bit?
    @Noivern; in particular is offputting. Idk what kind of act you're trying to do, but you've been generally unhelpful throughout the entire game.

    @Buoy; is rather aggressive with his responses when there's not a lot of reason to be, but I think that could just be his playing style.

    So tl;dr

    FOS:Noivern

    I'm not changing my vote on J J M at this time because I still would like to hear from him.
    Last edited by Pokemaster97; 23rd June 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Damn you kids, with your confusing usernames!

  6. #261
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    @Spectrum Achromatic; Please stop being rude.


    Don't worry. If you flip town, we'll know for sure your top suspect is mafia.
    This is not about the game. You insult me by coquettishly pretending you're respecting my wishes. You think mentioning is important then deliberately don't mention me -- because I disagree. Are you trying to tweak me? Buoy and Froakie both corrected my mistake; they weren't rude about it.

    This is my first mafia game in several months and I'm trying to have fun. This is not an appeal to emotion or an attempt to derail the thread. I am genuinely perturbed. I am genuinely asking you to politely stop.

    And (moving back to the game) to provide some reasons for why you're voting me.

    Unvote: Noivern

    Vote: JJM


    Noivern deserves suspicion for his nothing posts but I don't want to be lynched and don't think Harpy can be lynched. Froakie made a fair point -- why hasn't JJM been subbed?

    This is a placeholder for now and I would like to get back to scumhunting to find a more serious lynch target.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

  7. #262
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Maybe JJM is silenced?
    @Pokemaster97; mostly because he's trying to get Harpy when she doesn't seem mafia

  8. #263
    URPG! GliscorMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    2,951
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Maybe JJM is silenced?
    @Pokemaster97; mostly because he's trying to get Harpy when she doesn't seem mafia
    Harpy doesn't seem Mafia to you, yet Phoenicks does? Please elaborate as to why you feel this way.

    Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

  9. #264
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,565
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Wow so much to read through. I'm not mentioning or quoting since I'm on my phone and sorry if I miss anything.

    I claimed after getting opinions because I wanted reactions. I'm not afraid to out my role because mafia would be detrimental to themselves if they night kill me and would only help town if they did. Same for town. I said I'm helping town because of no outside communications and because of a personal vendetta against mafia night killing me a indep.

    I won't tell the persons name unless town finds the role scummy.

    Also I don't like how spectrum is viewing Mijz as cleared after his actions d1.

    And yes buoy I see the role as more mafia beneficial

    EDIT: that steal part if explaining my role was a typo at first I thought my role said steal but before posting I re read and saw it said borrow. I thought I edited all steal words out

  10. #265
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    If you're going to treat yourself as a townie anyways, why shouldn't the mafia kill you?

    It all pretends at being very pro-town until "let me survive to endgame no questions asked".
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

  11. #266
    remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    2,211
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow jda95 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    yeah i'm gonna ask again @Spectrum Achromatic; @Harpy; @CrackFox;
    (not noivern because he admitted he was voting simply because of the bandwagon)
    Why are you voting for Phoenicks? Spectrum provided no reason with her vote, and the other two claimed something to do with being pro-town???? agressive???? wanting to find scum???? those of us who aren't hopping on this bandwagon are very confused by the whole thing so a clearer explanation would be appreciated.

    also on the whole noivern thing..... i really don't think there's any compelling evidence that noivern is scum this time around. of course he's being a distraction to the town (i have not understood a single one of his posts this game tbh) but his posting style is the exact same it was in his first slot and pressing him for new information isn't going to provide us with anything new rather than the same riddles. so although we could lynch him now, chances are he'd flip town and even though he's being less than useful it'd be a waste of a lynch in my opinion.

    and also for those targeting JJM there are plenty of other players who've posted never or once who should also be mentioned, i feel we're getting too much of the same voices in here so we need to bring the other guys in if we want to be a successful town

    Vote: Harpy
    simply put i don't believe you and let's leave it at that
    Last edited by jda95; 23rd June 2013 at 07:39 PM.

  12. #267
    never ever giving up J J M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,398
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    Sorry for not being active (like, at all). Life and laziness got in the way. I'll try to read what I can of the thread.

    And about Harpy's claim, assuming she's telling the truth, the mafia would definitely ignore her for nightkills since she's basically not Town.

    I'm inclined to believe her though for the moment, at least until she can prove herself.
    New Track: Going Up

    Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

  13. #268
    Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    4,509
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    But if she's treating herself as town, why wouldn't they want to kill her?

    If she's not treating herself as town, why shouldn't we get rid of her?

    If the mafia don't want to kill her then we can't trust her.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

  14. #269
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,565
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me

    VOTE: Buoy

    This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie

  15. #270
    remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    2,211
    Blog Entries
    24

    Follow jda95 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

    @Harpy;

    a) Answer my question please :)
    b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •