Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 18

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

I'm actually really confused as to why people are voting Phoenicks.

I read your explanations so far. There's no solid facts, not a single thing. All meta and WIFOM. In addition, all the "reasoning" behind lynching Phoenicks smells of the "reasoning" which got Noivern lynched last phase. Every specific event cited by the people in the "Nick is Scum Party" are the same events which were/are leading me to the opinion that Nick is Town.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Spectrum Achromatic; Please stop being rude.
    Last edited by Phoenicks; 23rd June 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Clarifying

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

Don't worry. If you flip town, we'll know for sure your top suspect is mafia.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    It doesn't work like that, just because someone suspects a player and they turn out to be town doesn't make that person mafia.

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

I don't really know where to begin with all of this... (The last 3 pages mostly occurred while I was asleep).

Let's start with Harpy's claim. I'm not sure about the validity of the claim, it's a role that could really go either way. Further more, the role tells us virtually nothing about possible other roles in the game, or the possible alignment of other players. However, if she's independent as she claims, she really doesn't have to do anything that helps the town or the mafia at all. All she has to do is make it to the end. I don't think she's scared of being lynched because she knows that if we lynch her and she flips independent like she claimed, we would have wasted a lynch. On the other hand, the mafia wouldn't want to go after her either, because if she was night killed, the mafia would have wasted a night killing off a non-town/non-power role.

Additionally, I don't understand the reasoning for voting Pheonicks, that was never quite clear to me while reading through the thread. Besides CrackFox, no one explained their votes on him. Can @Spectrum Achromatic; or Noivern care to elaborate a bit?
    @Noivern; in particular is offputting. Idk what kind of act you're trying to do, but you've been generally unhelpful throughout the entire game.

@Buoy; is rather aggressive with his responses when there's not a lot of reason to be, but I think that could just be his playing style.

So tl;dr

FOS:Noivern

I'm not changing my vote on J J M at this time because I still would like to hear from him.
    Last edited by Pokemaster97; 23rd June 2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Damn you kids, with your confusing usernames!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post

This is not about the game. You insult me by coquettishly pretending you're respecting my wishes. You think mentioning is important then deliberately don't mention me -- because I disagree. Are you trying to tweak me? Buoy and Froakie both corrected my mistake; they weren't rude about it.

This is my first mafia game in several months and I'm trying to have fun. This is not an appeal to emotion or an attempt to derail the thread. I am genuinely perturbed. I am genuinely asking you to politely stop.

And (moving back to the game) to provide some reasons for why you're voting me.

Unvote: Noivern

Vote: JJM

Noivern deserves suspicion for his nothing posts but I don't want to be lynched and don't think Harpy can be lynched. Froakie made a fair point -- why hasn't JJM been subbed?

This is a placeholder for now and I would like to get back to scumhunting to find a more serious lynch target.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Maybe JJM is silenced?
    @Pokemaster97; mostly because he's trying to get Harpy when she doesn't seem mafia

Blog Entries

Maybe JJM is silenced?
    @Pokemaster97; mostly because he's trying to get Harpy when she doesn't seem mafia
    Harpy doesn't seem Mafia to you, yet Phoenicks does? Please elaborate as to why you feel this way.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Wow so much to read through. I'm not mentioning or quoting since I'm on my phone and sorry if I miss anything.

I claimed after getting opinions because I wanted reactions. I'm not afraid to out my role because mafia would be detrimental to themselves if they night kill me and would only help town if they did. Same for town. I said I'm helping town because of no outside communications and because of a personal vendetta against mafia night killing me a indep.

I won't tell the persons name unless town finds the role scummy.

Also I don't like how spectrum is viewing Mijz as cleared after his actions d1.

And yes buoy I see the role as more mafia beneficial

EDIT: that steal part if explaining my role was a typo at first I thought my role said steal but before posting I re read and saw it said borrow. I thought I edited all steal words out

Blog Entries

If you're going to treat yourself as a townie anyways, why shouldn't the mafia kill you?

It all pretends at being very pro-town until "let me survive to endgame no questions asked".
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

yeah i'm gonna ask again @Spectrum Achromatic; @Harpy; @CrackFox;
    (not noivern because he admitted he was voting simply because of the bandwagon)
    Why are you voting for Phoenicks? Spectrum provided no reason with her vote, and the other two claimed something to do with being pro-town???? agressive???? wanting to find scum???? those of us who aren't hopping on this bandwagon are very confused by the whole thing so a clearer explanation would be appreciated.

also on the whole noivern thing..... i really don't think there's any compelling evidence that noivern is scum this time around. of course he's being a distraction to the town (i have not understood a single one of his posts this game tbh) but his posting style is the exact same it was in his first slot and pressing him for new information isn't going to provide us with anything new rather than the same riddles. so although we could lynch him now, chances are he'd flip town and even though he's being less than useful it'd be a waste of a lynch in my opinion.

and also for those targeting JJM there are plenty of other players who've posted never or once who should also be mentioned, i feel we're getting too much of the same voices in here so we need to bring the other guys in if we want to be a successful town

Vote: Harpy
    simply put i don't believe you and let's leave it at that
    Last edited by jda95; 23rd June 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorry for not being active (like, at all). Life and laziness got in the way. I'll try to read what I can of the thread.

And about Harpy's claim, assuming she's telling the truth, the mafia would definitely ignore her for nightkills since she's basically not Town.

I'm inclined to believe her though for the moment, at least until she can prove herself.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

But if she's treating herself as town, why wouldn't they want to kill her?

If she's not treating herself as town, why shouldn't we get rid of her?

If the mafia don't want to kill her then we can't trust her.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

If mafia don't want to kill me then its because they don't want to waste a night kill and probably hope to use me as a way for town to waste a day phase lynching me

VOTE: Buoy

This will prove my ability if everyone decides to vote me. Well at least that I temporarily have another's ability and if buoy turns up maf then that will assure me of Phoenicks as maf considering how much buoy has been defending him. Plus Phoenicks has been getting really upset over a few of us attacking him even though its part of mafias. Also note how he is trying to incriminate me but won't vote me. I believe the only reason buoy is voting me is in hope of me mislynching a townie

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

@Harpy;

a) Answer my question please :)
    b) So (without unvoting the person you voted first) you're moving on to someone else? The only reason you have provided for voting Buoy is "he wants to mislynch me". What makes Buoy scum?

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast