Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 2 - Snapshots (6/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    As well as that, I don't like you or Buoy's attitude. It's too aggressive for my liking. Innocent people are usually much cooler about the situation because they aren't experiencing the same kind of pressure.
    key word being usually!!!!! it's very naive to expect all players to act the same way, and adopt a "town=calm, scum=rash" mentality because that's just not true. but i'd have to disagree with your judgment that they are being overly aggressive anyway. wasn't buoy responding to someone who actually accused him of being afraid of her because he was asking someone else about her?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    As well as that, I don't like you or Buoy's attitude. It's too aggressive for my liking. Innocent people are usually much cooler about the situation because they aren't experiencing the same kind of pressure.
    key word being usually!!!!! it's very naive to expect all players to act the same way, and adopt a "town=calm, scum=rash" mentality because that's just not true. but i'd have to disagree with your judgment that they are being overly aggressive anyway. wasn't buoy responding to someone who actually accused him of being afraid of her because he was asking someone else about her?
    Aren't we all naive? That's kind of the townie prerogative. I'll stick with my vote until I get a reason to change it.

Harpy wanted to know why Buoy was so keen to hear Mijzelffan's opinion of her. It was a fair question since he seems intent on knowing. His response was pretty aggressive which never sits well with me. If you have nothing to hide, just calmly tell the truth or if it's dangerous to state the truth in thread, point that out. No need to go into attack mode. I'll be watching his actions closely, as well as Harpy's.

Blog Entries

Aren't we all naive? That's kind of the townie prerogative. I'll stick with my vote until I get a reason to change it.

Harpy wanted to know why Buoy was so keen to hear Mijzelffan's opinion of her. It was a fair question since he seems intent on knowing. His response was pretty aggressive which never sits well with me. If you have nothing to hide, just calmly tell the truth or if it's dangerous to state the truth in thread, point that out. No need to go into attack mode. I'll be watching his actions closely, as well as Harpy's.
    yes, i'm absolutely intent on knowing. i think i'll just die if i don't find out! sarcasm aside, generally i would like a response in a reasonable amount of time after asking the question, when i know that person has been around and has probably had time to answer, but doesn't. also, my response was aggressive, but not secretive -- i don't particularly appreciate ridiculous conclusions such as "OMG UR ASKING FOR OPINIONS ON ME BC UR AFRAID OF ME" being jumped to for literally no reason, so i admit that i did get sarcastic with her. additionally, i didn't attack her -- i didn't accuse her of anything at all, and i didn't say i found her suspicious for any reason. i merely replied to her questions -- yes, maybe in an aggressive way, but i still answered appropriately imo.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

There really is no point mentioning somebody everytime you vote, especially if it's just so soon after a phase update. They are guaranteed to see your vote, and you do not have to defend yourself or even react to every single vote on you if there is nothing to defend if you feel like the vote was done for no reason. Mentioning a player is not 'common-courtesy', that practice has become common recently, but never used to be used. You should be expected to read the thread yourself, rather than being tagged every time, which make it seem much more desperate to get a response out of the voted player when usually it's much nicer to let them read it at their own pace and when they would like to, rather than being hounded to reply.

In response to Harpy's role revelation thing, I say that a nexus role could be either way. As the tracker died last night, and the cop died back in day one, having a nexus role as a mafia member would actually be a very powerful role, as they completely hide themselves away from alignment-finding roles. I don't really see a point of a town nexus, as all it could hide them from are doctor protects, cop checks (when they'd turn out innocent anyway), and a mafia rolecop which I guess would be useful. I'd like to say nexus is a mafia role, however I've seen it swing both ways so sorry I can't give a definite answer to that.

Blog Entries

Tell me does being able to redirect votes off yourself and back at the one who cast them sound like a mafia ability?
    It's pretty dubious. Softclaim or not, I don't know. Doesn't sound like Nexus to me though. Might be wrong but kills are usually not included. I'm intrigued to know more. If you are saying that the role redirects the votes back on to the caster, then that would pretty much make the person lynch proof. When you put it like that, it definitely sounds scummy.

Blog Entries

I'm with Buoy here. We haven't heard from Mijz yet, so keeping the pressure up is a must. Otherwise, we may not know for sure. Glossing over it is losing a vital chance for discussion regarding the lynch.

The way Harpy is jumping on Phoenicks is enough to say to me that my previous theory is wrong. Harpy and Nick couldn't possibly be on a maf team. That kind of tension can't really be faked.

Aside from that, to what they actually said. There's something really wrong about what Mido posted. There's nothing much that's really solid in her posts, aside from claiming to have knowledge about some sort of role in the game, and claiming to not be a rolecop at the same time. How that works? I can't even begin to guess. But every point she's made is subjective, and can be to mean how she took it or how Phoenicks took it. The fact that Mido's being so aggressive with her side, without considering Nick's side strikes me as wrong.

Vote: Harpy

Now that I have your attention.

Is your feeling about Phoenicks rooted in a factual/circumstantial/evidential base or is it using the same reasoning that got Noivern lynched? While it'd be great, you don't necessarily need to answer this. Just keep it in mind while you two argue.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Noivern; I understand the sentiment but sitting on the bench is not the way to go. Form an opinion.

As far as Mijz goes, I trust him for the time being. I'm getting mixed feelings from Buoy and Phoenicks, particularly @Phoenicks; I don't like the way you voted Noirvern just like that, mention him and threaten to vote but don't just do it. People are busy and can't always make time for defending themself, especially if they don't have any idea that they are being discussed. I wouldn't mention people in all cases but for important posts like voting and direct questions, I would. Makes me think you don't care as long as you are establishing the focus on somebody else. As well as that, I don't like you or Buoy's attitude. It's too aggressive for my liking. Innocent people are usually much cooler about the situation because they aren't experiencing the same kind of pressure.

Vote: Phoenicks

Reason being, I feel like he's trying to get attention off himself by placing rash votes and calling people out for petty reasons. I.E joke votes. This vote is not final, i'm fully open to hearing your defense.
    What defense would you like me to give? I thought I'd been clear and communicated everything I have done.

There wasn't even any attention on me before I voted Noivern, so I'm not sure what to say in defense to that theory either.

What specifically are you accusing me of?

Vote: J J M

I'd still rather lynch an inactive at this point, as nobody is seeming particularly scummy to me yet. This vote is subject to change, depending on what we find out over the next few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

vote: Phoenicks

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Mentioning your vote target is common courtesy as it gives them a chance to defend themselves and hopefully, get information in case they forgot to check this thread

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Mentioning your vote target is common courtesy as it gives them a chance to defend themselves and hopefully, get information in case they forgot to check this thread
    Phoenicks said he doesn't need to mention others, thus he doesn't need to be mentioned either

Blog Entries

Phoenicks said he doesn't need to mention others, thus he doesn't need to be mentioned either
    i'm sure he needs a reason for you to vote for him, or do you just feel like lynching a strong player for no real reason? (:

as it is

vote: harpy

@Mijzelffan; thanks for ur reply. v helpful

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Man is my opinion that important? Almost flattering. It's like you already know all you need about harpy and only want my opinion to get a better read on me. Allright let's play your game. While I didn't catch most of her arguments against phoenicks I think she's acting weirder than usual, claiming meta is essential to a game and such. Almost seems an act of desperation. As for her supposed scumslip, not sure about that one. Sometimes people think I slip up whenever I talk hypothetically too.

I don't think Phoenicks is that suspicious yet but you never know for certain with Phoenicks.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Man is my opinion that important? Almost flattering. It's like you already know all you need about harpy and only want my opinion to get a better read on me. Allright let's play your game. While I didn't catch most of her arguments against phoenicks I think she's acting weirder than usual, claiming meta is essential to a game and such. Almost seems an act of desperation. As for her supposed scumslip, not sure about that one. Sometimes people think I slip up whenever I talk hypothetically too.

I don't think Phoenicks is that suspicious yet but you never know for certain with Phoenicks.
    what's more important than your opinion is the fact that it took over two days and three mentions to get a word out of you, and you were viewing the thread plenty of times but yet waited so long to answer a simple request. :)

Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast