Mafia: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win - Page 11
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Endgame - Town/Independent Win

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Mafia Wars: The Scum Menace - Day 1 - Let's get dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noivern View Post
    I think I'll watch the show unfold, behind the scenes, after this phase passes, as I'm sure that I'll out for the rest of the game at this point, barring a miracle. It was nice to see you guys here.

By the way...

I'd rather assume all posters are neutral here, by the way. Or town.
    You're not helping anyone here. There's so much to comment on and you keep talking about "magic" and getting lynched when it's a 3-3 tie, which is far from majority. My vote on you stands.
    I guess I'm a very poor reader on games like this. I don't like to talk much when I don't need to, to be honest.

I probably missed something about the actual votes. I think I might be miscounting things.

I really should take a break from all this at this point.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's a lot to say and I'm on iPhone again:

1. I wanted to lynch an inactive, not someone "lying low". Lynch someone who has posted 0 times. If they have a powerful role and aren't posting, what good are they? We don't know what their roles are and we shouldn't give them a magic pass for having done nothing.

2. If you disagree, please provide an alternative.

I'm not just doing mouth and thumb exercises.

3. Ignore Mijz claiming to have locked the votes. Vote as though he hadn't and be useful with it. He might even be bluffing.

4. Terezi, I voted you on pressure ("what do you think?").

5. Gliscorman, what am I supposed. To defend myself of?

6. I thought Harpy's first post was scummy (he added nothing) and I agree with jda and buoy's responses.

Enough to feel more comfortable lynching Harpy than an inactive.

Unvote Terezi pyrope

Vote harpy

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    You know what? The best alternative would be to lynch you Like I said, mafia usually try their best to look "pro-town" and "productive" as much as they can so they look like they're being really really helpful to the town to the point that town thinks 'they're pro-town - they're probably not mafia' (unless a cop check says so).

So? Since you were one of the people who talked about useful posts and productivity, I'd say you're a good choice for a lynch. But the votes are frozen now, so we can't do anything much but wait till it thaws out, or the phase is over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    You know what? The best alternative would be to lynch you Like I said, mafia usually try their best to look "pro-town" and "productive" as much as they can so they look like they're being really really helpful to the town to the point that town thinks 'they're pro-town - they're probably not mafia' (unless a cop check says so).

So? Since you were one of the people who talked about useful posts and productivity, I'd say you're a good choice for a lynch. But the votes are frozen now, so we can't do anything much but wait till it thaws out, or the phase is over.
    he's certainly doing a lot more than you. do you seriously want to lynch him because he's pro-town? like, since when did being pro-town turn into being mafia? that's literally the worst logic i have ever came across from you, and you're the person who thinks that letting yourself be lynched d2 as doctor is a good idea. he's actually voting for good reasons and replying reasonably -- he's adding something to the thread, at least, unlike some people i could mention.

'ur too pro-town!!! time 2 lynch u'

sorry, but no.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post

he's certainly doing a lot more than you. do you seriously want to lynch him because he's pro-town? like, since when did being pro-town turn into being mafia? that's literally the worst logic i have ever came across from you, and you're the person who thinks that letting yourself be lynched d2 as doctor is a good idea. he's actually voting for good reasons and replying reasonably -- he's adding something to the thread, at least, unlike some people i could mention.

sorry, but no.
    I never 'let' myself get lynched as doctor. For some reason, ESPECIALLY when I get the doctor role, I get killed early ;_;. The recently ended Bowser mafia and the Eeveelution mafia - I've been lynched AND killed before Night 2 in both of those games. AND I was the doctor. Weird coincidence, but when you can't use the doctor protection on yourself, it's not really a good idea to go around saying "Hey, I'm the doctor, so please don't lynch me." because then the mafia will kill you the following night 100%. Then, fake claim? The worst case scenario is getting counter-claimed and getting lynched. Either way, there wasn't a choice for me. I stated my opinions, they were not well-received. Sure, it's my fault that I couldn't persuade people. But it's really difficult when you don't have any solid evidence for defense.

I have to bring a little meta here. Phoenicks - when he's mafia, he's pro-town. REALLY pro-town. If you don't believe me, go look up the games where he's been mafia. I have to say he's really impressive because he can convince anyone that he is town with his 'pro-town behavior'. I respect that part of his ability. Mind-game strategies, that is, but that's exactly why I can't say that he's town when he's looking pro-town. He's more likely to be mafia.

Blog Entries

sorry, but no.
    I never 'let' myself get lynched as doctor. For some reason, ESPECIALLY when I get the doctor role, I get killed early ;_;. The recently ended Bowser mafia and the Eeveelution mafia - I've been lynched AND killed before Night 2 in both of those games. AND I was the doctor. Weird coincidence, but when you can't use the doctor protection on yourself, it's not really a good idea to go around saying "Hey, I'm the doctor, so please don't lynch me." because then the mafia will kill you the following night 100%. Then, fake claim? The worst case scenario is getting counter-claimed and getting lynched. Either way, there wasn't a choice for me. I stated my opinions, they were not well-received. Sure, it's my fault that I couldn't persuade people. But it's really difficult when you don't have any solid evidence for defense.

I have to bring a little meta here. Phoenicks - when he's mafia, he's pro-town. REALLY pro-town. If you don't believe me, go look up the games where he's been mafia. I have to say he's really impressive because he can convince anyone that he is town with his 'pro-town behavior'. I respect that part of his ability. Mind-game strategies, that is, but that's exactly why I can't say that he's town when he's looking pro-town. He's more likely to be mafia.
    anyone who's actually good at mafia should be able to convince others that they're town -- you can't tell if someone's town for sure in ANY game or in most situations. you can't try and lynch phoenicks for being 'too pro-town' (which is literally not even a thing) and expect people to take you seriously. if you brought this notion up on any other mafia forum, you'd get seriously laughed at. the fact that you have to rely on meta to back up your argument proves that it's a weak argument to begin with.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

anyone who's actually good at mafia should be able to convince others that they're town -- you can't tell if someone's town for sure in ANY game or in most situations. you can't try and lynch phoenicks for being 'too pro-town' (which is literally not even a thing) and expect people to take you seriously. if you brought this notion up on any other mafia forum, you'd get seriously laughed at. the fact that you have to rely on meta to back up your argument proves that it's a weak argument to begin with.
    Which is why I only said it without voting. Besides, anything that's not solid evidence can be easily countered. The only supporting details that can be fully trusted are night action results. Other than that, it's difficult to just blindly trust anyone. You never know who's actually mafia.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

4. Terezi, I voted you on pressure ("what do you think?").
    Fair enough. My apologies for taking so long to notice.

Anyway, after reading through the thread so far...

Vote: Harpy

If that truly was a slip-up that Buoy pointed out (I think it was Buoy anyway) then I have reason to believe you could be scum.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Oooor, he could just be playing aggressively. What exactly do you define as "pro-town behavior", and how would Phoenicks be acting if he actually was town then?? I'm not following your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Since I'm pretty sure most people here know I wouldn't bluff I'd ignore all votes made after I froze. Phoenicks might still be mafia with harpy (forgot who was the one that thought that but it was someone) and only voting her right now because he knows the vote won't count anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Since I'm pretty sure most people here know I wouldn't bluff I'd ignore all votes made after I froze. Phoenicks might still be mafia with harpy (forgot who was the one that thought that but it was someone) and only voting her right now because he knows the vote won't count anyway.
    a very interesting point. we can prove/disprove this by lynching harpy, as well as proving/disproving some other things (bein deliberately vague ok bear with me). (:

vote: harpy.

Where the Shadows lie Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A few more thoughts:

1. If I'm pro-town as scum or town then it's a nulltell.

(2. If you're about to be lynched as a powerful role then you should claim and lynch someone else. Scum will probably kill you but now there is a chance of lynching scum during that phase.)

(3. We should not be defeatists.)

4. Mijz is perfectly able and willing to lie. :3

5. If he's not, let's not be defeatists.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Well, excuse me for not knowing the joke vote deadline :I

Right now the only person I'm suspicious of is Noivern due to his flakiness, but I don't know if it's a lack of experience thing.
    His way of talking in his posts heavily implies he's not new to mafias therefore its not newbie behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post

Did you actually bother to read anything I said? I am asking you why you choose to draw the line at one but not the other and you have yet to give me an answer to that.
    Have you read what I said? Its the timing and what had happened so far. I don't know how many times you want me to repeat myself.

It's not scummy. You have no idea what they would have done should they not have been called out, and I highly doubt that Neon or Noivern would have been so obvious as to actually deliberately try to lynch Phoenicks outright D1.
    Why? How do you know they wouldn't slip up?

If anyone's attacked enough for their vote, they're hardly going to keep it unless they have a REALLY good reason to.
    Not true at all. Different people=different behaviors.

Oswin kept his vote because he wasn't really attacked that much; Neon and Noivern were both leapt upon for their votes, which is why they didn't keep theirs.
    What do those have to do with each other?

At least, that's how I see it. Besides that, you refer to their unvoting as them 'trying to avoid mislynching' Phoenicks. Unless you know something we don't, then you can't be sure that a lynch on Phoenicks would be a mislynch. (:

is that a slip-up i smell already?
    I said that as a possible theory. If you read my first post then you would have seen that I also presented a theory of Phoenicks being mafia.

But the votes are frozen now, so we can't do anything much but wait till it thaws out, or the phase is over.
    How are we to trust Mijz's word on that, plus what does that have to do with anything? We should keep discussing and looking for mafia slip ups.

I never 'let' myself get lynched as doctor.
    You did in Bowser mafia and actually encouraged your own lynching.

I've played two games with Phoenicks. In one I died early and he was town but I didn't keep up with the game to see his behavior. In the other he was mafia and I again died early but kept up with the game. He was mafia and looked really pro-town meaning he's a tricky player and one I will never trust without a cop check and dead godfather. Pro-town=/= town.

anyone who's actually good at mafia should be able to convince others that they're town -- you can't tell if someone's town for sure in ANY game or in most situations.
    Yeah you can. Cop checks when there is no worries of something like godfather and other things like that.

you can't try and lynch phoenicks for being 'too pro-town' (which is literally not even a thing) and expect people to take you seriously.
    Actually some would take it seriously because playing behavior can easily decide someone's alignment.

if you brought this notion up on any other mafia forum, you'd get seriously laughed at.
    This is BMG not another forum so your comments are irrelevant.

the fact that you have to rely on meta to back up your argument proves that it's a weak argument to begin with.
    Mafias are based off of meta to find scum so it should never be brushed off.

A few more thoughts:

Maybe to you but to others it could be a scumtell.

As is any player in this game including you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonicks
    6. I thought Harpy's first post was scummy (he added nothing) and I agree with jda and buoy's responses.
    1) I'm a girl
    2) What about their responses do you agree with?
    3) How is pointing out what others ignored not adding anything. I didn't repeat anything said and instead brought up what was ignored so please tell me how I didn't add anything? Or is it because one of them is your scumbuddy and you don't like that I brought attention on them?

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

A few more thoughts:

(2. If you're about to be lynched as a powerful role then you should claim and lynch someone else. Scum will probably kill you but now there is a chance of lynching scum during that phase.)

(3. We should not be defeatists.)

5. If he's not, let's not be defeatists.
    1. Good thing I never consider anything you do pro-town then :3

2. The mafia would be pretty stupid to kill me now, especially if noivern dies innocent. I'm in no way cleared while I just used up my powers and am thus a useless vanilla. If noivern ends up innocent they should probably try to lynch me instead, who knows, they could get a bandwagon going.

3. Don't tell me how to play the game. >:I

4. No use for pointless lies, it will only affect your credibility when you tell the truth. Lying about this would be pretty pointless.

5. You gotta know when to gracefully accept defeat, no point in fighting for a lost cause :3

I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar

Could someone please do a vote tally? I haven't formed an opinion yet, I'll finish reading the thread first, then I'll post again talking about my suspicions or why I don't have any.

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast