Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Mafia of the Mages- 9-20-12 ENGAME: MAFIA WINS

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Night 4: Not a tie

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    How does a secret voter work, though? Does one send an action to the host during the day?
    Someone can say they vote for someone in thread but he/she send the vote in to the host privately.
    Do you have to state a vote in thread beforehand? Or can you just send in the vote without any public notice/fake notice at all?

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulmaster On Twitter
    Visit Soulmaster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    How does a secret voter work, though? Does one send an action to the host during the day?
    Someone can say they vote for someone in thread but he/she send the vote in to the host privately.
    Do you have to state a vote in thread beforehand? Or can you just send in the vote without any public notice/fake notice at all?
    It is normally that you can do it without any notice at all.

Credit for the Banner goes to Pyradox. Link to URPG stats
    Mafia Win/Lose Tally
    Black FC: 1506 9762 7606: White 2 FC: 2967-6420-8683: My Fanclub
    Winner of LOST mafia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia 2, Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mafia, Fos Ro Mafia, Legendary Pokemon Mafia, War Room Mafia 5, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Mafia, Pokemon Movie Mafia
    Writer's Workshop Moderator

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Veterans of the Falconwing Series will recognize that role :p

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Is it because it's night phase that people aren't talking? There aren't any discussions ;_;

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

4 Days

Hiding

Running

Fighting

Hiding

Hiding

Crying

Hiding

Nighttime

Dark

Alone

Two men

The knife

Pain

PAIN

I see the truth

Pain

Darkness

Emptyness

Alone

This is truth. This is life. This is death.

It is now DAY 5!

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 5: How DID you get a goldfish bowl stuck on your h

Wonder if she was really the illusionist, or that someone disguised her.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

DAY 5 AND NO MAFIA? D:

MIGHT AS WELL DO SOMETHING.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    Vote: Mako

I know that I'm the only vote on him. Deal with it. I'm tired of playing games where few people play. This is the most active dayphase so far and only a few people have been involved in it. Inactives have to be weeded out. I'm not going to vote for Mijz or DQ/DB -- at least they're playing.
    YOU REDIRECT THE VOTE AWAY FROM MIZZY AND TO MAKO, AND IRONICALLY, DON'T REALLY CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO THE ARGUMENT AT ALL. WHICH IS FUNNY, CONSIDERING YOU'VE BEEN WANTING ARGUMENTS AND DISCUSSION THIS WHOLE GAME.

I PREVIOUSLY BELIEVED YOU WERE TOWN, BUT I'M HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS.

BUT, IF YOU ARE A TOWN, YOU'VE CERTAINLY BEEN HELPFUL....YOU ARE KINDA....REALLY ACTIVE COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE (Sorry v.v). SO IF YOU REDIRECTED THE VOTE FROM MIZZY BECAUSE YOU TWO ARE BOTH MAFIA, I'D RATHER LYNCH THE LEAST ACTIVE OF YOU TWO.

Vote: Mijzelffan

IF HE FLIPS TOWN LEAVE PHOENICKS ALONE NEXT PHASE. IF MAFIA, THEN WE GO FOR PHOENICKS. SOUND GOOD?

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    YOU REDIRECT THE VOTE AWAY FROM MIZZY AND TO MAKO, AND IRONICALLY, DON'T REALLY CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING TO THE ARGUMENT AT ALL. WHICH IS FUNNY, CONSIDERING YOU'VE BEEN WANTING ARGUMENTS AND DISCUSSION THIS WHOLE GAME.

BUT, IF YOU ARE A TOWN, YOU'VE CERTAINLY BEEN HELPFUL....YOU ARE KINDA....REALLY ACTIVE COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE (Sorry v.v). SO IF YOU REDIRECTED THE VOTE FROM MIZZY BECAUSE YOU TWO ARE BOTH MAFIA, I'D RATHER LYNCH THE LEAST ACTIVE OF YOU TWO.

IF HE FLIPS TOWN LEAVE PHOENICKS ALONE NEXT PHASE. IF MAFIA, THEN WE GO FOR PHOENICKS. SOUND GOOD?
    What if Phoenicks has only been helpful towards the mafia (implying that he is a mafia member)? Lynching inactive members is not going to help us in the long run. What if this was all some bigger scheme of his to just make us run off track from what we should be doing, which is catching the mafia. He could be some scummy player that just wants to kill all of us town members off by using his "oh, I'm just lynching inactives" excuse. If we keep lynching the inactive members, we will eventually lose the majority we have over the mafia, and lose the game. I understand Phoenicks' reasoning for doing this, which is partly why I went along with it the first time, but doing it over and over day after day is not the way we should play this game or we will lose.

Another reason why I went along with Phoenicks' vote was because I noticed he had voted for Mako one other time before the last day phase. I thought it was kind of peculiar that he voted for Mako again a day phase or two later, which led me to believe that maybe Phoenicks knew something about Mako that we didn't. But now we see how that turned out (Mako being innocent), so there was ultimately no substantial reasoning behind his voting, I suppose. At any rate, I'm not counting Phoenicks out as a possible mafia just yet, but the way he's playing could be taken as true, honest-to-good scumhunting (or lack thereof, since apparently we should be lynching inactive members first), or the works of a mafia making up excuses to get us to lynch townies.

But after saying all that I guess it would be more sufficient if we went with your idea, Exor, and vote Mijzelffan out this phase.

@Mijzelffan;

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 5: How DID you get a goldfish bowl stuck on your h

I'm voting you based on what we talked in the previous posts. Also, I'd like some explanation on your long absence after your vote on Day 1 till suddenly voting me on Day 4. It's 5 phases in total that you were gone without a single post.

The rules state:
    "Three straight phases with zero posting and contacting players/host, or lacking any play in the game, will mean that I shall sub you out. I’m fine with lurking. In such cases, simply give me a PM that you’re there"

Again, it's 5 phases in total without a single post. You haven't been subbed out - which means you must have done something in private. I don't think you would've sent something to the host like, "Dear host, I'm here and lurking. Signed player" as a simple statement in the thread would've been enough. I'm really curious to know what you did during the 5 phases that made you so intent on voting me in the previous day phase.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Vote: Mjizelffan

I also find it odd that you haven't been subbed out.

(Sorry I haven't been very active, school just started last week and I have been extremely busy! I'm trying to catch up now.)

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    DAY 5 AND NO MAFIA? D:

MIGHT AS WELL DO SOMETHING.....

I wasn't the only person on Mako. I thought I would be. I'm pretty much playing the same "Kill the inactives" game in all my games atm.

You don't elaborate much beyond this so I'll just assume that you're accusing me of uh well something.

I wasn't the only only one who switched and didn't argue for or against Mijz. If he flips as mafia I don't see how not supporting him means I'm scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    What if Phoenicks has only been helpful towards the mafia (implying that he is a mafia member)?
    "What if?" Either I have or I haven't and you can read through my posts and build a case off of things I've actually done; if I've been helping mafia then it should be easy to build a case against me.

Lynching inactive members is not going to help us in the long run.
    It will. Keeping active members alive is the best recipe for town success because the thread is the town's greatest weapon. This discussion is pretty great proof of that. (With so few people participating and so many townies dead, the odds of finding mafia in the inactives are also higher.)

What if this was all some bigger scheme of his to just make us run off track from what we should be doing, which is catching the mafia.
    I'd be pretty impressed if I as mafia got people to lynch Mako on no proof or evidence. Considering that he got lynched, it says more about other people following me than me myself plotting anything big.

He could be some scummy player that just wants to kill all of us town members off by using his "oh, I'm just lynching inactives" excuse.
    That's tautological.

If we keep lynching the inactive members, we will eventually lose the majority we have over the mafia, and lose the game. I understand Phoenicks' reasoning for doing this, which is partly why I went along with it the first time, but doing it over and over day after day is not the way we should play this game or we will lose.
    I haven't even targeted another inactive, so I'm not sure why you're acting as though I've got a bigass plan all worked out.

I'm voting you based on what we talked in the previous posts. Also, I'd like some explanation on your long absence after your vote on Day 1 till suddenly voting me on Day 4. It's 5 phases in total that you were gone without a single post.
    If anything you all are going against Mijz for being inactive. This line of reasoning is about as random as my Mako vote, except that you all get to tunnel in on it for a second day.

I'm going to wait before voting and see if anyone else participates. If not, expect me to try to stir something up.

Blog Entries

I'm going to wait before voting and see if anyone else participates. If not, expect me to try to stir something up.
    WHY? YOU HAVE NO REASON TO DEFEND MIZZY. UNLESS,

a. YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE HE'S TOWN, WHICH YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED.
    b. YOU AND HIM ARE BOTH MAFIA

AND MY REASONING IS THAT YOU WENT AGAINST YOUR GOAL TO GET ACTIVITY. WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREED WITH LYNCHING MIZZY, IT WOULD BE LOGICAL TO THINK THAT IF YOU WERE TOWN, YOU WOULD ACTUALLY DISCUSS THE TOPIC AT HAND INSTEAD OF JUST RANDOMLY VOTING MAKO.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Except that the vote against Mijz isn't much more than another nadom vote because he's inactive. I'm fine with lynching inactives, especially since that's where I'm guessing the mafia are hiding.

And in my defense from not discussing the topic, I went on a minor warpath yesterday when it came to inactivity. I made similar posts in Music Mafia and Mafia Philosophy and all over Skype. It was less about this game than War Room in general.

Re: this game proper: I suspect that both you and Mijz are innocent. Mijz is stubborn Mijz and (meta) plays much more... mysteriously when he's mafia. You're completely off the deep end so I know I can trust you. :>

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"What if?" Either I have or I haven't and you can read through my posts and build a case off of things I've actually done; if I've been helping mafia then it should be easy to build a case against me.
    The problem here is, it's hard to read whether you're being sincere in that you just want to lynch inactive people, or if you're claiming that you want to lynch inactives, when instead you're just trying to lynch all of the innocents out.

It will. Keeping active members alive is the best recipe for town success because the thread is the town's greatest weapon. This discussion is pretty great proof of that. (With so few people participating and so many townies dead, the odds of finding mafia in the inactives are also higher.)
    But we still don't know which inactive members are actually mafia and which are town. We've already lost seven players, and they have all been innocent. That is not looking good for us when the mafia's win condition is usually to outnumber the town. No mafia has died yet, and there's no telling how many there actually are. Let's say there's only five mafia members. 5/19 (the number of people left in the game) is not great odds if the way you want to go about things is lynching everybody that isn't participating in the thread. There comes a point where we need to rely less on how lucky we get with every lynch, and more on figuring out who is actually mafia and who isn't. We won't be able to figure this out if only a few people are posting in the thread, though.

I'd be pretty impressed if I as mafia got people to lynch Mako on no proof or evidence. Considering that he got lynched, it says more about other people following me than me myself plotting anything big.
    A reason why I followed your lynch on him in the first place is because you had tried to lynch him in a previous day phase. It made me think that maybe you knew something about Mako that others didn't know, since you tried to lynch him specifically once again. You could have lynched any old inactive person in the list, but you chose him again for whatever reason, which struck me as interesting. That's why I followed your lead, but after seeing how that ended, I'm leaning more towards you probably just wanting to lynch innocent inactives. It doesn't exactly explain why you chose Mako to vote again, but whatever.

I haven't even targeted another inactive, so I'm not sure why you're acting as though I've got a bigass plan all worked out.
    From what you've been preaching about in this thread to us, you want to lynch inactives first, so who's to say you wouldn't go after another inactive player who just so happens to be innocent? First, Mako, then who's next? These random lynches aren't really helping us, either. Any active person in here is just as likely to be innocent (or mafia) as those that are not actively posting. The town needs to make sure that our numbers remain higher than the mafia, so I'd rather not keep lynching innocent players at random.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

How am I inactive if I sent in my nightaction every night and caused an entire stir and discussion yesterday. But fine, lynch me, I'm too lazy to defend myself today.

FoS: destiny queen
    FoS: Callisto

Of course if I could I would FoS exor and DCM along with it, but that would be so much FoS'es. No one would take me seriously. As for Destiny Queen, see every single one of my posts yesterday. As for Callisto, he has been very eager to lynch me the last two phases and seems to ignore most well thought-out posts like a true mafioso, while not embracing all of the short badly argued ones.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast