Mafia: Mafia of the Mages- 9-20-12 ENGAME: MAFIA WINS - Page 15
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 359

Thread: Mafia of the Mages- 9-20-12 ENGAME: MAFIA WINS

  1. #211
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,604
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Vote: Mijzelffan

    For making [active posting=mafia-ish]. I so disapprove. @Mijzelffan;

  2. #212
    remember Big Henry Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,378
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    For making [active posting=mafia-ish]. I so disapprove. @Mijzelffan;
    No, that's why Crackfox voted you. I vote you not for activity, but for your bandwagon following and never taking initiative. Heck even now you're just following DCM. You're only proving me right for voting you by doing this.


  3. #213
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,604
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    For making [active posting=mafia-ish]. I so disapprove. @Mijzelffan;
    No, that's why Crackfox voted you. I vote you not for activity, but for your bandwagon following and never taking initiative. Heck even now you're just following DCM. You're only proving me right for voting you by doing this.
    What good does it take to take initiative anyways? If you vote for somebody, and it turns out to be town, then the next moment you're number one on the FoS list. I'm not THAT eager to risk my life and get people to vote for me excitedly as if I'm some sort of lottery ticket.

  4. #214
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Vote: Mijzelffan

    I don't see your reasoning for voting Destiny Queen to be all that conclusive. Plenty of people just jump on the bandwagon without any initiative, so I don't see why Destiny Queen should be singled out for that alone. She likely just wants to be active in the thread (unlike almost everyone else in the game), which is what we're supposed to be doing. I don't get an overeager mafia vibe from her just because of that. I could spin this on you and say that you are just looking to lynch a town, along with CrackFox, who just might be one of your mafia partners.

  5. #215
    remember Big Henry Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,378
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    For making [active posting=mafia-ish]. I so disapprove. @Mijzelffan;
    No, that's why Crackfox voted you. I vote you not for activity, but for your bandwagon following and never taking initiative. Heck even now you're just following DCM. You're only proving me right for voting you by doing this.
    What good does it take to take initiative anyways? If you vote for somebody, and it turns out to be town, then the next moment you're number one on the FoS list. I'm not THAT eager to risk my life.
    Why, because you're mafia? A mafioso's life is much more valuable than a town's life, as in that when a mafioso dies it's a bigger blow to the mafia than it is when an innocent dies to the town. So what if you risk your life, the chance of taking down a mafioso should be worth it. Trying to take down a mafioso is way more important than trying to stay alive. However, if you're mafia, surviving is generally more important than trying to take down town. Aka, what you're doing right now, putting surviving over scumhunting, is only more proof for you being mafia.

    So let's sum that up:
    1. you only follow bandwagons and never take initiative.
    2. DCM jumps to your defense by voting me out of nowhere without even saying why (probably because you're both mafia).
    3. you play very untown-like, rather taking the playstyle of a mafioso by putting surviving over scumhunting
    4. Even if you were to be town, we wouldn't really lose anything since you don't scumhunt due to point 3. However, I'm pretty sure you're mafia at this point.


    @Callisto; read this post.


  6. #216
    Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bangor? I hardly know her!
    Posts
    6,313
    Blog Entries
    893

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man In Black View Post
    Vote: Mijzelfan
    Yes, voting me without any explanation whatsoever will totally help lift suspicion of both you and/or destiny queen. Oh wait.
    I don't understand why you think you need to put your attitude into everything.

    you're a little too overeager to start chopping heads with minimal actual solid evidence, brother. There's a line between saying "we should do something" and "let's make heads roll!"and you crossed it.

  7. #217
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,604
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Destiny Queen is now known as Dark Blueberry

    @Mijzelffan; You say mafias put their priority on surviving and seem to have the attitude that townies don't mind losing a few members. Ya know, there isn't a single townie who isn't valuable. Even the vanillas - we need everyone possible to gather info and a few extra opinions would greatly help. Losing townies can also be a big blow - in other mafia games, there had been cases of losing townies with important roles very early on the game, such as the doctor or reviver. Don't make it sound as if the townies can afford to lose members cuz that's illogical.

  8. #218
    remember Big Henry Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,378
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man In Black View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man In Black View Post
    Vote: Mijzelfan
    Yes, voting me without any explanation whatsoever will totally help lift suspicion of both you and/or destiny queen. Oh wait.
    I don't understand why you think you need to put your attitude into everything.

    you're a little too overeager to start chopping heads with minimal actual solid evidence, brother. There's a line between saying "we should do something" and "let's make heads roll!"and you crossed it.
    Well I personally think my points come across better with a little cynism and rhetorical questions, but I can try without if you want.

    What I'm currently doing is better than doing nothing and wait untill the phase is almost over and then let someone (probably a mafioso) suggest an innocent to vote and then all follow that without being too eager to lynch someone (which while what I'm doing is not not ok, is appearently ok since Destiny Queen is allowed to do it). You know that will not help the town more than what I'm doing, right? It will actually help the town less. At least I'm trying to get some leads by either getting Destiny Queen lynched, or if this bandwagon continues, get myself lynched innocent to cast suspicion on you and Destiny Queen. And then maybe the town can lynch you or destiny queen next day, and at least the game will go on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Destiny Queen is now known as Dark Blueberry

    @Mijzelffan; You say mafias put their priority on surviving and townies don't mind losing a few members. Ya know, there isn't a single townie who isn't valuable. Even the vanillas - we need everyone possible to gather info and a few extra opinions would greatly help. Losing townies can also be a big blow - in other mafia games, there had been cases of losing townies with important roles very early on the game, such as the doctor or reviver. Don't make it sound as if the townies can afford to lose members cuz that's illogical.
    Guess what I'm doing right now. I am risking my life voting you without something even conclusive. And you know why? Because even if I fail and die innocent, it will help the town by making you and DCM suspicious and giving them new leads to go on. And I am happy with knowing that when I was alive I did something useful for the town. I rather die taking down a mafia than survive to the endgame doing nothing but following bandwagons.


  9. #219
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,604
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Destiny Queen is now known as Dark Blueberry

    @Mijzelffan; You say mafias put their priority on surviving and townies don't mind losing a few members. Ya know, there isn't a single townie who isn't valuable. Even the vanillas - we need everyone possible to gather info and a few extra opinions would greatly help. Losing townies can also be a big blow - in other mafia games, there had been cases of losing townies with important roles very early on the game, such as the doctor or reviver. Don't make it sound as if the townies can afford to lose members cuz that's illogical.
    Guess what I'm doing right now. I am risking my life voting you without something even conclusive. And you know why? Because even if I fail and die innocent, it will help the town by making you and DCM suspicious and giving them new leads to go on. And I am happy with knowing that when I was alive I did something useful for the town. I rather die taking down a mafia than survive to the endgame doing nothing but following bandwagons.
    You know what? I can't understand what you're trying say. After voting for Synthesis on Day 1, you just vanished for a few phases, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, you just pipe up that you want to vote me for being active. I don't know how you've been useful over the past few phases, but did your inactivity help the town in any way?

  10. #220
    Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,535
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Work called. News at 11.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  11. #221
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Posts
    5,652
    Blog Entries
    117

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    -.- Sheesh... I was taught in my last mafia game that inactivity hurts the game big time, but here I am, being active as possible, and I get voted for that?

    The host had been upset and disappointed with inactivity in that previous game. And in my opinion, posting regularly and often is the least we can do to respect the game and the host. He went through all the trouble setting this up, sending out role PMs, and updating the thread everyday. I wouldn't be happy if I were hosting the game and nobody posted.
    I completely agree. If you take a place up in any mafia, you owe it to the host to actively participate, however you seem a little too keen in this game. In previous games I've played with you, you seem a lot more laid back. I'm just noticing a change in your posting habits.

    THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

  12. #222
    magister mencium VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Land of Night and Magic.
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Vote: Mizjelffan

    Coming out of the clear blue just to single out a non-star player? Not cool.
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

    URPG Stats.

  13. #223
    remember Big Henry Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,378
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Vote: Mizjelffan

    Coming out of the clear blue just to single out a non-star player? Not cool.
    It's not a matter of it being cool or not, it's a matter of it being something a mafia would do or not. Would a mafioso risk his life like that? As I said, no, because mafia are more concerned with keeping themselves alive.


  14. #224
    magister mencium VeloJello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Land of Night and Magic.
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloJello View Post
    Vote: Mizjelffan

    Coming out of the clear blue just to single out a non-star player? Not cool.
    It's not a matter of it being cool or not, it's a matter of it being something a mafia would do or not. Would a mafioso risk his life like that? As I said, no, because mafia are more concerned with keeping themselves alive.
    That's not what I meant by cool. '-.-

    Anyway, maybe you're right. But in the same token, a mafioso with guts might do just that. Mafiosi can be active players with the appearance of scum-hunters, and sometimes are. Who's to say you aren't a mafioso who wants to make himself look more town by giving the appearance of hunting for mafiosi?
    Among my frivolous thoughts,
    I believe there are beautiful things seen by the astronauts.
    The indications reveal
    That few of us realize life is quite surreal.

    URPG Stats.

  15. #225
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Mafia of the Mages- 9-6-12 Day 4: No one mourns the Wicked

    Just putting this out there, but even if @Mijzelffan does come out to be innocent, it doesn't necessarily mean that @Dark Blueberry is mafia. Mijzelffan was the one that initiated the vote against her; she hadn't even acknowledged him until he made his post incriminating her. I don't mean to look like I'm defending Dark Blueberry, since she very well could be mafia, but I really don't see how her being active is putting suspicion on her. If her posts seem overtly curious to some because they are different from how she usually acts in these things, then maybe I could see that. I haven't been in a mafia with her before, so I wouldn't know how she typically behaves.

    I'm just saying that from what I'm seeing here, her behavior doesn't strike me as scummy. Honestly, Mijzelffan, you seem more suspicious to me than her right now, since you are voting her for a somewhat trivial reason. I guess these discussions are better than just floating by, hoping something happens, though.

    What does everyone else think? Who seems more suspicious in this situation? Mijzelffan or Dark Blueberry?

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •