MAFIA OF THE MAGES A Battle of Good and Evil... to the death!
In the far northern woodlands of Augorel...
It was an unprecedented event. A gathering of some of the greatest magical minds of the modern era in one location. A chance for the masters of mana to debate and compare notes and enjoy two weeks of thorough study and enlightenment. Such a convention of mages had never been attempted. The risks that came with the use of magic were deemed too great to be worth it. However, this idea found a new spark when 25 invitations were sent across the world, addressed to various men and women who had become masters of their art....
Castle Blackmoor had been abandoned for many years. It was rumored that it had once belonged to a powerful and ancient wizard whose name has been lost to time. The castle stood a dozen stories high with towers rising even higher. The stone walls were built into the mountainside, providing formidable natural defense. A magically supported stone bridge crossed a deep ravine, leading to the entrance of the castle's keep...
There was a crowd standing at the doorway. A collection of 25 individuals all bearing invitations to Castle Blackmoor for a two week conference on magical theory and practice. Curiosity of the nature of the event battled against paranoia of the horrors that such a group could inflict upon each other. Curiosity won out and the wizards each stepped into the entrance hall of the castle...
An Introduction to Mafia, by Tobias Rose
(Copied from Mintaka :p)
There are two sides for the players. One is the “Town”, and the other is the “Mafia”.
The majority of the players are the town. Technically they do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to equal the town players in number.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, the game ends.
Mafia games have two phases, Day and Night.
At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched (or not).
At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched.
The format is as follows.
To vote: VOTE: [player]
To unvote: UNVOTE: [player]
Mafia attempts a kill during the Night phases.
In this game, as long as at least one mafia player is alive during the night and they nominate a target to me, the night kill will be attempted. Also, mafia nightly kill will be a group action that cannot be stopped by blocking a mafia player.
Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night.
Do not trust people.
Communication is the key. Some roles work better if coordinated with other actions. For your signup to count, please PM me the reason I gave for not allowing Skype to be used in this game.
The Rules of the Game, by Dane of Veraide.
1. As the host, I take actions I find necessary to run the game, including editing rules if needed.
2. PENALTIES FOR:
- POOR SPORTSMANSHIP. Be sportive to other players and the host, public or private. If I find that you’re being rude behind the scenes, I will sub you out or remove you.
- SHARING/FAKING ROLE PMs. No second chances. DO NOT DO THIS!
- POSTING OR USING THE ‘LIKE’ BUTTON AFTER DEATH. Stick to that one ‘Damn, I’m dead’ post. No sharing information, no naming players. No further posts outside that one last post, and no to using the ‘Like’ button.
- NAME-CLAIMS: Do not tell people the name of your role. You may say what your role does.
These apply for all players regardless of alignment and will warrant either a straight modkill or being subbed out.
3. INACTIVITY: Three straight phases with zero posting and contacting players/host, or lacking any play in the game, will mean that I shall sub you out. I’m fine with lurking. In such cases, simply give me a PM that you’re there, though a post in public will rid of this burden. If you expect that you’ll be away for a period within five days, just let me know, and I won’t sub you. You will remain as a player. You can be targeted with all actions and votes if you remain under this privilege.
4. PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS: Please use only Private Messages or QuickTopics. Skype is not allowed for medical reasons. Please ensure I receive a copy of all correspondence between players in this game. You can fake these records, via faking the text.
5. USERNAME CHANGES: Please post in the thread if you have changed your username.
6. VOTES: All standard voting practices will be observed with one exception. VOTE: No Lynch is not an accepted voting option in this game. If you are going to vote you must vote for another player.
7. UPDATES: Each phase will last for 24 hours. Updates will be done at 10 PM Pacific Standard Time (my time). All Voting will close at this time as well. Any votes after then, regardless of whether I manually lock voting or not, will not be accepted. If I do not update the game after three hours passed from this time, consider that I cannot update the game and the phase will be automatically extended by 24 hours. I will let you know ahead as much as I can, if I expect real life stuff that could prevent me from updating. Results for actions will be sent after the updates. While you may change the target of your actions as long as it’s before the update, some actions will take effect as soon as I read the PM. Also, please note that this is a narrative based game and that there will be a plot as dictated by the players. It may or may not be relevant.
8. MASS-CLAIMS: All mass-claiming must be done in public in the thread. NOTE: Name-claiming is illegal.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Please note that for some questions, privately asking would be more appropriate. Also I might not answer some questions for my own reasons. ;) For your signup to count, please PM me the reason I gave for not allowing Skype to be used in this game.