Notice: Mafia Host Queue - Page 13

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Host Queue

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mafia Host Queue [Open Rule Discussion]

If I was to host a URPG Mafia FFA (look in spoiler for more details), would I need to be first on the list, seeing as it's a mafia game, or not, seeing as it's independent from the War Room?

Trapinch is claimed || I was once IceKyurem/Rainbowkit || Avvy by King Corpse

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Although there is a different system, it's still a mafia game, so I think you'll need to wait for your turn. There was a mafia game hosted that had a different system implemented (Spirit mafia) and it awaited its turn like other games.

I'll ask the others about opinions on this though.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Yes, it's only a tad different but still a mafia game at heart so you'll still have to enter the queue, IceKyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by ! Thunder Lord Z View Post
    Um, another question: can you post your mafia as soon as there are 6 or fewer games running, or when you reach the top of the queue and there are 6 or fewer games running?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredBeyondBelief View Post
    I think it's that 6 or fewer games are running and you are at the top of the cue.
    Bored is correct.

-In Simple Harmony-

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a game pretty much ready, which is a strategy game (with a bit of luck), but isnt mafia at all. Does that have to wait its turn? See the last post of the SQSA thread for details. If so, put me on the list as ready, though I wont start til my exams are over (jun 10)
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

We'll see about your game (and potentially, strategy games that aren't mafia games) and how the rules should apply for them.
    (Just to clear, yes, I see that it's not a mafia game.)

Blog Entries

In regards to that, on another board I pla mafia on, we have the main list and the Small game list.

The Main game is for games with 13 players or more, for a full game, and the short game is like up to 12. We'll have like 4 full games at once and 3-4 short games. The short games finish quicker, so more happen. This would help people who don't have large games not have to wait around forever for a shorter game to go.

If you wanted, you could probably put games that don't follow the classic rules of mafia (One person made a spy-infiltration style game) in with the short games list.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Thank you, Psych, for the suggestions. I'm sure it will be of help when the Mods here set rules for non-mafia strategy games.

This is an Open Rule Discussion thread, so if anyone has suggestions, feel free to share.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    Yes, it's only a tad different but still a mafia game at heart so you'll still have to enter the queue, IceKyurem.
    If I hosted it over at PE2K instead of BMGf, would I have to wait? (seeing as there's no queue over at PE2K)

Gaiz and galz, if you like Inazuma Eleven, I reccomend joining the Inazuma Eleven Fan forum. It's like BMGf, but instead of being for Pokémon it's for I11. Oh yeah, and it's not as big as BMGf.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BMGF probably isnt the best place to be asking questions about PE2K... And thanks for the reply, I think there should be a list for non-mafia games. They will likely be in the minority, but there are alot of skillful or strategic forum games which can be played.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

I don't know if PE2K is related to here? D:

Anyway, no problem. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and info.

Blog Entries

I just wanted to double check. But, I guess I'm allowed to host mafia games at PE2K.

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

@Ice, I appreciate you checking in, but we hold no influence over them. You're free to do as you wish there by their rules. ^^;

@Psych, that's an excellent idea, thank you. A few users have expressed interest in setting up smaller games and you're right in that shorter games will mean players can get to games more quickly with shorter cycle runs. So far I've only seen larger games, but hopefully adding the category will encourage smaller games.

We'll go ahead and restructure the queue to accept smaller games as well. From this point there will be two now.

@Coolking, that's also a good idea since we're more than welcome to have any non-mafia type games in The War Room, I appreciate the contribution of your Bulbagarden Idol thread. Since it's the only non-mafia game in here right now that's why I stickied it.

When we get more we'll certainly make a list for non-mafia games.

For everyone that isn't sure, be assured that non-mafia games do not need to be on the queue to be posted.
    Last edited by Rayne; 13th May 2011 at 11:32 PM.

-In Simple Harmony-

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

Why five? Great. Now we need to wait much longer...could you tell us why you did this?

I say keep seven (or preferably more) for larger games and five (or preferably more) for smaller ones.
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

Blog Entries

Can i be first on the small list with just a classic mafia? i'm hosting one right now, so i was wondering if that was okay. it will be kind of like forum EM, where they show all the roles from the start. i'm using a setup from there, so the roles are ready. since it's forum EM, there's no story. just wondering becaause i'm hosting one right now. if i cant, then can you put me on the work in progress lis?
    That's a very nice post you have there...

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ! Thunder Lord Z View Post
    Why five? Great. Now we need to wait much longer...could you tell us why you did this?

I say keep seven (or preferably more) for larger games and five (or preferably more) for smaller ones.
    We'll see about the limit.

Concerning your turn to host, you'll still follow the old rule of having 7 mafia games run at once, because you're before IceKyurem in the Host Queue, and

Grandfather Clause: We will continue with the old 7 game limit until Icekyurem has posted her game or three small mafia games come forward, whichever comes first. At that time we will impose the new 5 game maximum for larger games.
    So your game should be started according to the previous rules we had. We'll give you a VM/PM when it's your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhwoobatte View Post
    Can i be first on the small list with just a classic mafia? i'm hosting one right now, so i was wondering if that was okay. it will be kind of like forum EM, where they show all the roles from the start. i'm using a setup from there, so the roles are ready. since it's forum EM, there's no story. just wondering becaause i'm hosting one right now. if i cant, then can you put me on the work in progress lis?
    Sure. The Host Queue (what we've been mostly keeping track of so far) was for mafia games with more than 15 players, so your game should follow a separate queue. I'll add you to the list.

You can start your new mafia game, as long as you can handle running two at once.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast