Mafia: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 6/3 - TOWN VICTORY - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 255

Thread: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 6/3 - TOWN VICTORY

  1. #61
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Vote: Mijz.


    ​You will be the death of me. I know it.

  2. #62
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I'll go with a 7 for the phase enhancer thing.

    VOTE: m0ckingbird20

    You're questioning votes (though I think the question to Eeveeforthebest was a valid one), though you yourself haven't voted, not even with a joke vote. So I'll ask you the question of why haven't you placed a vote?
    Cause with a 2-2 tie between jokkol and wallflower we had a good chance of starting some conversation so I though I might as well w8 and see if something useful comes out of it.

  3. #63
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Oh right. Phase Enhancer should be 4. Who doesn't like the number 4?

  4. #64
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeforthebest View Post
    Thanks I fixed it
    Np, also you should know that whenever you are going to cast a vote it's better that you present a reason, even with joke votes you should make it clear that it was mean to be one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    @m0ckingbird; Because another random joke vote on another random person will get us nowhere. I did it in an attempt to start conversation
    I figured, but you usually don't cast raw votes... And when you do just try to start conversation you openly admit it. Which makes me thing that since you know jokool has been lynch D1 a few times you hoped that he wouldn't react very well and hopefully a wagon would start on him without any particular effort from you side. Assuming you are Mafia. Small Scum read.

    FoS: Midorikawa

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Midorikawa likes being questioned.

    Proof she is trying to look like town instantly when she's mafiya.

    vote: Midorikawa
    Elaborate that please. Null read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeforthebest View Post
    I voted for ♦Wallflower♦ because someone already voted for her. Who ever voted for her first must have and a good reason. That or everyone is just picking on each other and randomly voting
    Yeah, we usually cast joke votes at the start of each game. Also another note, don't vote for people just because someone else voted them, vote for whoever you believe is most likely scum, assuming you are Town.

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    *sigh* Don't really care about this since I'm soooo used to seeing votes for me at this point, and I don't really see anyone else that seems extremely suspicious at this point, so VOTE: No lynch
    Well, withholding your vote is different than casting a no lynch vote. No lynch means that you do not wish anyone to be lynched this phase. And although it can save a Townie it usually helps Mafia avoiding to have to participate significantly during the phase which prevents any major scum reads from Town. Anyway this argument come almost in every D1 so I won't try to use it a scum read as it is a matter of opinion. Just wanted to point it out. Also I wouldn't take the piling votes too personally it's part of the game and we have all experienced it at least once. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I'll go with a 7 for the phase enhancer thing.

    VOTE: m0ckingbird20

    You're questioning votes (though I think the question to Eeveeforthebest was a valid one), though you yourself haven't voted, not even with a joke vote. So I'll ask you the question of why haven't you placed a vote?
    I already answered that but I wanted to point out my reads on you now. Slightly aggressive, doesn't try to let anything slide and scum hunts. Small Town read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Vote:Mijz for making me put on my shipping goggles.
    Kinda late for a joke vote in my opinion. Could be trying to lay low. Small Scum read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeforthebest View Post
    My favorite Avatar hits the game floor. Hello. :)
    No offence and I hope you are enjoying your first Mafia game but try to keep your posts in the thread game related. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    [B]Vote: Mijz.
    OK, why would you cast a second joke vote on Mijz while Wallflower and jokool already have 2 votes on them and you didn't even bother leaving an opinion on the topic. Seems like you are trying to lay low.

    Vote: Neonsands

    Welcome back to bmgf. ^^



    My reads so far:
    1. Stahl - N/A
    2. Midorikawa - Slight Scum
    3. Spectrum Achromatic - Null
    4. Soulmaster - Null
    5. GengarWithSunglasses - Null
    6. m0ckingbird20 - Obv Scum
    7. jokool - Null
    8. Mijzelffan - Null
    9. ♦Wallflower♦ - Null
    10. Paperhorse - Slight Scum
    11. Eeveeforthebest - Null
    12. Neonsands - Leaning Scum
    13. FinalArcadia - Slight Town


    I will try and remember to update that list. :P



    I'll go with phase enhancer 7 since I would like something to happen and we have no idea what type of effect each number will have...

  5. #65

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Jeez, no one likes simple chit chat around here, that's a real shame.
    Anyways, @m0ckingbird20;, There was no offense about your comment towards me. I didn't know your not allowed to make simple chit chat like in other sections of the forums.
    I'm sorry, I will stop with the useless chit chat. :(

    Ooo, and very nice list you made their. I'm no where near that good to see all of those actions within people's comments. Good job. :)
    Hope I was at least allowed to say that.

    Now back to on topic, is there still a tie between two people?
    Last edited by Eeveeforthebest; 21st May 2013 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #66
    Mrs. Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,785
    Blog Entries
    426

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    @m0ckingbird20;
    That was because Midorikawa seemed to try get herself cleared by making people get interested in her post, and hopefully, attract questions. It's Day 1, so there wouldn't be much contradiction in her answers, and if she's thought of a good answer, then she'd look 'cleared' to people.

  7. #67
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post

    Wow, haven't even said a word yet, and I already have 2 votes on me...... *checks to see if he has a 'kick me' sign on his back*

    *sigh* Don't really care about this since I'm soooo used to seeing votes for me at this point, and I don't really see anyone else that seems extremely suspicious at this point, so VOTE: No lynch

    And yeah, forgot about phase enhancers as well, so let's try 4.
    Hi Jokool, I'm writing this post to remind you that you shouldn't take things personally if votes pile up against you. I know sometimes it's difficult, but it really helps your gameplay if you move past the feelings that you are being attacked. Honestly there are many times where I've taken lynches/kills/lies and manipulation/losses hard but it's best to move on so you can focus on actually playing. Also, it's not just you who gets voted a lot, it happens to all of us. :)

    And with that...

    Vote:Mijz for making me put on my shipping goggles.
    Thanks Paperhorse.


    Also:



    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    *sigh* Don't really care about this since I'm soooo used to seeing votes for me at this point, and I don't really see anyone else that seems extremely suspicious at this point, so VOTE: No lynch
    Well, withholding your vote is different than casting a no lynch vote. No lynch means that you do not wish anyone to be lynched this phase. And although it can save a Townie it usually helps Mafia avoiding to have to participate significantly during the phase which prevents any major scum reads from Town. Anyway this argument come almost in every D1 so I won't try to use it a scum read as it is a matter of opinion. Just wanted to point it out. Also I wouldn't take the piling votes too personally it's part of the game and we have all experienced it at least once. :)
    Well, it's true that a no lynch can help the mafia more often, but I really would like to see more before making a final decision. I do have a few players that I'll be keeping an eye on though:

    Midorikawa - Find it odd to vote me after I had a vote, but yeah, I'm used to it by now, so not much there.
    GengarWithSunglasses - Really random to start off, then not much else after that, which I find odd.
    Paperhorse - Random vote after 2 tied up votes is odd to me, but again, not much there.
    Neonsands - Agree that it's odd to just come in and do that. Would like to hear more from him first though.
    FinalArcadia - I find it interesting how she's been a bit aggressive, but other than that, not much else to say.

    Everyone else is null to me at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeforthebest View Post
    Jeez, no one likes simple chit chat around here, that's a real shame.
    Anyways, @m0ckingbird20;, There was no offense about your comment towards me. I didn't know your not allowed to make simple chit chat like in other sections of the forums.
    I'm sorry, I will stop with the useless chit chat. :(

    Ooo, and very nice list you made their. I'm no where near that good to see all of those actions within people's comments. Good job. :)
    Hope I was at least allowed to say that.
    That's fine. The key is to keep conversations game related. I've been warned (and sometimes infracted) for posting stuff that wasn't really helping the game (like posting Doctor Who gifs and not much else...).

  8. #68
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeforthebest View Post
    Jeez, no one likes simple chit chat around here, that's a real shame.
    Anyways, @m0ckingbird20;, There was no offense about your comment towards me. I didn't know your not allowed to make simple chit chat like in other sections of the forums.
    I'm sorry, I will stop with the useless chit chat. :(

    Ooo, and very nice list you made their. I'm no where near that good to see all of those actions within people's comments. Good job. :)
    Hope I was at least allowed to say that.

    Now back to on topic, is there still a tie between two people?
    Actually that's fine by me, I just told you cause you can get infracted for posting things not thread related. Anyway don't worry about it, I have been warned about making such posts too. You are actually free to post "chit chat" as long as in the same post there is something game related.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    @m0ckingbird20;
    That was because Midorikawa seemed to try get herself cleared by making people get interested in her post, and hopefully, attract questions. It's Day 1, so there wouldn't be much contradiction in her answers, and if she's thought of a good answer, then she'd look 'cleared' to people.
    I am not sure I follow, I have seen Mido has been trying to get conversation started during almost every D1. I am not saying that her vote doesn't have something off, as I FoS'd her but I don't get how that vote would make her look like Town... When Mido scum-hunts we usually get a fair amount of reads.

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Well, it's true that a no lynch can help the mafia more often, but I really would like to see more before making a final decision. I do have a few players that I'll be keeping an eye on though:
    Oh, nvrmnd I though the no lynch was something like a final decision... :P

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Midorikawa - Find it odd to vote me after I had a vote, but yeah, I'm used to it by now, so not much there.
    What do you think about my read on Mido? @Midrikawa; I would love to hear from you too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Neonsands - Agree that it's odd to just come in and do that. Would like to hear more from him first though.
    Yeah, my vote was to push for an answer, it's not final either.

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    FinalArcadia - I find it interesting how she's been a bit aggressive, but other than that, not much else to say.
    You mean you find it scummy interesting or townish intersting?

  9. #69
    Mrs. Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,785
    Blog Entries
    426

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    @m0ckingbird20;
    Meta:
    In the recently finished Bible Mafia, Midori was mafia and was really crafty with her posts that no one suspected her until the game ended

    EDIT: She was also really active and provided loads of reads for mislynches

  10. #70
    Captain of Tao Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohisama En
    Posts
    11,399
    Blog Entries
    23

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    @m0ckingbird20;
    Meta:
    In the recently finished Bible Mafia, Midori was mafia and was really crafty with her posts that no one suspected her until the game ended

    EDIT: She was also really active and provided loads of reads for mislynches
    meta I do the same as town.

  11. #71
    The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,071
    Blog Entries
    173

    Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1



    Vote Count:
    No Lynch: 1 (jokool)
    jokool: 2 (GengarWithSunglasses, Midorikawa)
    ♦Wallflower♦: 2 (Mijzelffan, Eeveeforthebest)
    Midorikawa: 1 (Spectrum Achromatic)
    m0ckingbird20: 1 (Final Arcadia)
    Mijzelffan: 2 (Paperhorse, Neonsands)
    Neonsands: 1 (m0ckingbird20)

    There are 24 hours left in this phase! Voting will be locked tomorrow at 9 PM CDT.
    Last edited by Koopa Jr; 21st May 2013 at 08:41 PM.

  12. #72
    The Coolest! jokool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    2,113
    Blog Entries
    88

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Midorikawa - Find it odd to vote me after I had a vote, but yeah, I'm used to it by now, so not much there.
    What do you think about my read on Mido? @Midorikawa; I would love to hear from you too.
    Seems logical, but yeah, would like to hear what Midori has to say about it first before drawing to any more conclusions.

    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    FinalArcadia - I find it interesting how she's been a bit aggressive, but other than that, not much else to say.
    You mean you find it scummy interesting or townish intersting?
    Can't say for sure right now, but I haven't seen her play like that much (although, I have been inactive so she may have done something like this more often than I'm aware of). Either way, it's not a big suspicion. I'm more focused on seeing what the others have to say.

  13. #73
    The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    C Burg
    Posts
    2,458
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckingbird20 View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    [B]Vote: Mijz.
    OK, why would you cast a second joke vote on Mijz while Wallflower and jokool already have 2 votes on them and you didn't even bother leaving an opinion on the topic. Seems like you are trying to lay low.

    Vote: Neonsands
    Would I cast a joke vote on Wallflower and jokool and cause someone to die for the laughs? No. I'm just playing to my strong points and taking notice of what people say now, while making sure I'm not excluding myself from discussion (I have to prove my innocence somehow). I don't have an opinion on Wallflower or jokool, so voting them seems like a bad idea.

    Anyways, I voted Mijz because one thing I remember quite clearly from my days playing mafia is that Mijz gets me killed. Always. It's just a thing. Granted voting him won't accomplish anything, but putting him on notice is my goal. I remember all of those deaths, and I won't let him be my downfall again.

    Anyways, why are the two people who voted for Mijz your suspicions? That seems like an oddly specific hunch there.

  14. #74
    The Lord of the Dance m0ckingbird20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Behind you...
    Posts
    35

    Visit m0ckingbird20's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    @m0ckingbird20;
    Meta:
    In the recently finished Bible Mafia, Midori was mafia and was really crafty with her posts that no one suspected her until the game ended

    EDIT: She was also really active and provided loads of reads for mislynches
    I am not trying to defend Mido, as she is in my possible scum list, but she has a point here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    meta I do the same as town.



    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Seems logical, but yeah, would like to hear what Midori has to say about it first before drawing to any more conclusions.
    I'll wait. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    Can't say for sure right now, but I haven't seen her play like that much (although, I have been inactive so she may have done something like this more often than I'm aware of). Either way, it's not a big suspicion. I'm more focused on seeing what the others have to say.
    Well, I am not sure either... so I didn't base my read on meta here.



    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Would I cast a joke vote on Wallflower and jokool and cause someone to die for the laughs? No. I'm just playing to my strong points and taking notice of what people say now, while making sure I'm not excluding myself from discussion (I have to prove my innocence somehow). I don't have an opinion on Wallflower or jokool, so voting them seems like a bad idea.
    Oh, but you misunderstood me, I didn't say that you should cast a vote on either of them, I myself didn't. What I said is that I wanted to hear your opinion on the topic, which you still have not presented. I am not sure about your regular play-style but right now it looks like you are avoiding to take a stance on the matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    Anyways, I voted Mijz because one thing I remember quite clearly from my days playing mafia is that Mijz gets me killed. Always. It's just a thing. Granted voting him won't accomplish anything, but putting him on notice is my goal. I remember all of those deaths, and I won't let him be my downfall again.
    That is pretty bad reasoning to vote for someone but I suppose your vote is not final so I'll let it pass.

    Anyways, why are the two people who voted for Mijz your suspicions? That seems like an oddly specific hunch there.[/QUOTE]
    No actually I have 3 suspicions atm, you, mido and paper. And I have explained specifically why I suspected each one. Looks like you are trying to throw the ball back at me.

    You are not proving your innocence really. And the thing is, you really can't cause it's day 1, but I wanted to see your reactions on my accusations against you and you seem to be evasive and try to redirect the conversation. Before I voted you I just picked you randomly from my 3 scum reads, you had no reason to be the top one but I had to start from somewhere. But now you are on the top of my list...

  15. #75
    remember Big Henry Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    17,380
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

    Default Re: Let's Kill Bowser! Mafia - 5/20 - Day 1

    unvote: ♦Wallflower♦ joke vote no longer neccesary, as there has been created discussion.

    Phase enhancer 7, seems to be the majority anyway. Neonsands just softclaimed independent, pointing it out because I don't think it's obvious to that many people.

    @Stahl; @♦Wallflower♦; you two haven't said anything yet.


Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •