Mafia: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - game over, the innocents win! 16/9 - Page 41

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - game over, the innocents win! 16/9

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - day 12 - aka the soul-eating monster 7/9

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Now we just need to find the remaining mafia.

FOS: Buoy and FinalArcadia for now.
    I'd like to know the reasoning for this before I bother revealing my ability in-thread.
    A coupe of things.

First things first: You instigated the lynch against Paperhorse, who had chose nightkill inmunity. Surely with that out of the way killing would be much easier. Granted, you were probably following Sour's orders.

Second. You vehemently defended sour, which turned out to be mafia.

All in all, that makes you suspicious in my eye. But not enough to make you "obvious mafia"...yet.
    We should probably get some things straight.

Yes, I started the lynch on Paperhorse. You, however, followed me in lynching her. You can't fault me for lynching her if you're someone who agreed on the reasons for doing so. As well as that, I also led a bandwagon on Soulmaster, who turned out to be town as well. You can't use the alignment that a lynchee flips as evidence towards someone being mafia unless there are pretty obvious reasons for doing so; a lynch carried out with at least decent reasoning shouldn't really count against the person who led it. Additionally, there're examples from earlier on in the game wherein townie members led a mislynch -- like Day 6. Baron Dante led the lynch of Synthesis, who turned out to be town. Nobody doubted him for that.

As for your 'second' accusation, I didn't 'vehemently' defend her. It was a mild 'defence' at best, and it's possible to put trust in the wrong person. I've done it before, and it's not that difficult to repeat mistakes like those in mafia games. :/

I know you're only just semi-suspicious of me.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Default Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - night 12 - inactivity = death 8/9

Very well... point taken, for both.

Now, Final, still waiting for your explanation.

Edit: Wait, she is offline... (Facepalm)...

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I will be the first to admit that I haven't been terribly active in this game. Partly because I had an internet outage for a little while, but otherwise, I really have no excuse. I got sidetracked by other games, but I realize that is a subpar reason for inactivity.

I kept my vote on America* way back because I simply had no reason to vote for anybody else, and I figured I might as well keep my vote on. Especially since I know that people who switch their vote frequently are looked upon with suspicion. So I let the vote stand.

Your Layton example is an interesting one, and I can see where that might make me suspicious. But honestly (and I know that "honestly" doesn't mean much in mafia games XD), my quietness hasn't been a conscious decision.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

"First the tracker now the watcher? How ironic."

"That's not ironic, that's just coïncidental."

"Sigh."

It is now day 13!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I'm dead? Oh well. Sorry I didn't get any good info town. Good luck. Thanks for letting me play.

Blog Entries

Vote: Buoy.

I hope you enjoy your vote degrading role, last remaining mafia.... I'm certainly enjoying my roleblocker role.

Thank you Final, the role swap was useful indeed.
    Last edited by Neon Borealis; 9th September 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia

Blog Entries

I hope you enjoy your vote degrading role, last remaining mafia.... I'm certainly enjoying my roleblocker role.

umwat

Blog Entries

umwat

And now: Paraphrasing time:

Neon Borealis,you have swapped roles with another player:

You're X, A sevant of the underworld. You are an enemy in the game.

You are scary, you can roleblock. Send me a PM with title: "Roleblock: User"

You are still innocent.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - day 13 - do something pls 9/9

I'm glad my role-swapping ability finally came in handy. Time to take down a mafioso.

VOTE: Buoy

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

Vote: Buoy

Seems pretty solid

Vote:Buoy

Oh,yeah.Buoy I attacked you last night.
    Candy Mafia...JOIN NOW!!!

I have claimed my favorite Pokemon,Shinx!! Also Silver and Blaze!

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Buoy

I suppose. Seems likely.

Blog Entries

That's as far as it goes for me, I'm afraid. I have to say that this is bad play of you, Neon Borealis; you've tried to bus both me and Fresa now, and it seems to have worked successfully, hasn't it? What are you trying to achieve? A solo mafia win? I'm surprised you haven't been modkilled already, seeing as you're playing against your win condition by trying to kill us off. Seeing as you've gone to great ends to try and get rid of us when we're supposed to be a team, I'm repaying the favour right now by exposing you as well. Y'know, just to teach you a lesson for doing the same thing to us. There's no glory in killing off a fellow teammate, so I'm going to go ahead and guarantee a loss for us, because this is really cheap of you and you don't deserve any sort of win for resorting to these kinds of means. :l

I'll do some paraphrasing of my own, shall I?

Buoy, being touched by a mysterious force, your soul has switched bodies with that of another. While from the inside you are still X, your body and powers are now that of:

Y!

You team up with the underworld forces on multiple occasions. You're a serious person, and don't get along with Palutena very well because of that.

Because of your serious attitude and strength, you can intimidate people into not voting. Every night you can select two people to intimidate. Send a PM containing, "Intimidate USER and USER".
    Good luck trying to survive after I'm gone, 'partner'. I have a feeling that you might not last so long.

Blog Entries

That's as far as it goes for me, I'm afraid. I have to say that this is bad play of you, Neon Borealis; you've tried to bus both me and Fresa now, and it seems to have worked successfully, hasn't it? What are you trying to achieve? A solo mafia win? I'm surprised you haven't been modkilled already, seeing as you're playing against your win condition by trying to kill us off. Seeing as you've gone to great ends to try and get rid of us when we're supposed to be a team, I'm repaying the favour right now by exposing you as well. Y'know, just to teach you a lesson for doing the same thing to us. There's no glory in killing off a fellow teammate, so I'm going to go ahead and guarantee a loss for us, because this is really cheap of you and you don't deserve any sort of win for resorting to these kinds of means. :l

I'll do some paraphrasing of my own, shall I?

Buoy, being touched by a mysterious force, your soul has switched bodies with that of another. While from the inside you are still X, your body and powers are now that of:

Y!

You team up with the underworld forces on multiple occasions. You're a serious person, and don't get along with Palutena very well because of that.

Because of your serious attitude and strength, you can intimidate people into not voting. Every night you can select two people to intimidate. Send a PM containing, "Intimidate USER and USER".
    Good luck trying to survive after I'm gone, 'partner'. I have a feeling that you might not last so long.
    Shabby attempt to incriminate me is shabby.

I'm not a person to break the rules. If I have a team, I work with it. If I was mafia, I would have stayed quiet, and would have layed low until the endgame. I certainly wouldn't be backstabbing my own partners, especially when they were having a good grasp of the town. I wouldn't even have declared Fresa's motives of mafia. I know I don't stand a chance of winning alone if mafia (Just look at Korra mafia for an example).

But, well, your retaliation just about confirms that you are mafia, and that there is probably one more mafia among us.

Edit: Oh, and if I were your "Mafia buddy" I wouldn't have made your vote useless last night as my last action as a vote eater.

Edit2: And speaking of modkill: If I was a mafia, I would have been modkilled by Mijzelffan already. He is not one to take rule breaking lightly.
    Last edited by Neon Borealis; 10th September 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Blog Entries

That's completely meta. You can't use previous playstyles as a basis for the one employed in this game, especially as you've already told me you were going to try and change it up in this one.

Also, you say you wouldn't be doing whatever, but that's just your word. Saying 'I wouldn't do x if I was mafia' isn't a good defence, even if the person you're talking to already knows everything about what you've done in this game. I can't understand why you've backstabbed us in this way, but you're not getting away with it on my watch. You've doomed the mafia with this.

You can't claim that you know what Mijz would or wouldn't do, either. :> You're not getting out of this easily. If you refuse to work with us like this, then I'm standing by everything I've said.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast