Mafia: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - game over, the innocents win! 16/9 - Page 11
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - game over, the innocents win! 16/9

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising mafia - day 1 - No, no one actually died. 15/8

Yeah claiming seems like a novel idea. Just be wary of whom you claim to, it is day 1.

♦ burning rage ♦ Neosquid's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

@mwto; If you're on the verge of being lynched, claiming a role that's probably in the game without being counter claimed may just save you.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    @mwto; If you're on the verge of being lynched, claiming a role that's probably in the game without being counter claimed may just save you.
    I don't really understand how claiming works or what you mean. This is my third mafia. The first I was nightkilled and the second I'm still alive in. So can you please explain claims to me.

THE Queen Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I'm on the fence of lynching Mwto.
    @Zenax; can you please explain the evidence you have against her?

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    @mwto; Well maybe if you make a good claim we won't lynch you.
    Claim what? All I can say is that I assure you I'm town, but I can't prove it. I don't have a cop to check me assuming there is one, as it hasn't even hit night one, or anyway to prove it this early in the game. It's the first day phase. I went for a lynch on some one I believed to be suspicious, ironically just like they wanted, a lynch, but now I'm the one getting lynched.
    Claiming is basically telling us what you can do. For example, being able to check someone's alignment (also known as the cop) or being able to protect someone (also known as the doctor) are roles in most mafia games. Just something like that.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

So it looks like unless someone else votes for Croag or unvotes me I'm getting lynched. Congrats mafia you just got rid of a townie first day because let's face it. If anyone helps me then others are probably going to think they're mafia, and mafia isn't going to help me for sure. To answer @TheMissingno.; Simple I never once said the words "Exor is town," I said that Zenax may be mafia because for us town a random lynch is more dangerous since there's more of us, and he was pushing for one. Here's a current vote tally just for the heck of it.
    The problem is that once the odds will be in the town's favor (i.e. more chance to hit mafia than town when lynching), it will be too late because the mafia's winning condition is to outnumber the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    @Zenax; can you please explain the evidence you have against her?
    Basically this post here and the following conversation. I can see that post as a scumslip, which is why I'm voting her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by America* View Post
    @mwto; Well maybe if you make a good claim we won't lynch you.
    Claim what? All I can say is that I assure you I'm town, but I can't prove it. I don't have a cop to check me assuming there is one, as it hasn't even hit night one, or anyway to prove it this early in the game. It's the first day phase. I went for a lynch on some one I believed to be suspicious, ironically just like they wanted, a lynch, but now I'm the one getting lynched.
    Claiming is basically telling us what you can do. For example, being able to check someone's alignment (also known as the cop) or being able to protect someone (also known as the doctor) are roles in most mafia games. Just something like that.
    If I turned out to be the cop or doctor then even if I'm not lynched then the mafia kills me come night. If I'm vanilla then I have no way to back myself up. I see no point in claiming since it doesn't prove anything this early since I could easily lie about it as well and say I have a one-night protection from night kill when really I'm vanilla.

Go ahead and lynch me fellow townies all you're doing is helping the mafia. When you see I'm town then I'm guessing that at least one who voted me is mafia and are using other's votes on me to get rid of a town without making it obvious; Zenax will still be possible too since he could have decided to turn it around because he's mafia and I suspected him.

Blog Entries

@mwto; No, if you claim cop or doctor or something, the doctor will probably protect you.

I mean only claim if you actually have the role.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 15th August 2012 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

@mwto; No, if you claim cop or doctor or something, the doctor will probably protect you.
    The doctor will protect me if I'm the doctor?

Doctor protect me since I can be useful assuming I don't get lynched. I get to watch others at night and see who targets them. Enough to prove my innocence? If not have fun lynching a townie, and congrats mafia for getting rid of one.

Blog Entries

@mwto; Didn't say that clearly. If you're the doctor, claim it, and protect yourself.

So you're the....watcher? Any counter claims, people?

Blog Entries

@mwto; Didn't say that clearly. If you're the doctor, claim it, and protect yourself.

So you're the....watcher? Any counter claims, people?
    Never been the doctor so I don't know the extents of their abilities.

If a watcher is what my role is called then I guess I'm the watcher. Still new to mafias so I'm not sure on the names for some roles

Blog Entries

Alright, if nobody counter claims I'm going to trust her for now.

Unvote: mwto

Blog Entries

@Exor; Thank you.

Vote Tally

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, I think I have my head straightened out now.

Anyways, I don't know if I can totally believe mwto is one of the mafia... It just feels like the evidence given is still pretty vague for me. She never actually stated outright that Exor was innocent in her post. :\

It's also odd how some of you are voting for mwto by assuming she's saying it's bad to avoid a no lynch. First of all, why would a mafia say that? Wouldn't a mafia want to jump on the chance to vote an innocent out Day 1? One person in question that did this is TheMissingno. He quickly changed his vote to mwto after questioning her about her statement on avoiding a no lynch. Why was he so quick to jump on that? He could've asked her that and waited for her reply without changing his vote.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

The mafia wants as many mislynches as possible, but the town will also want to lynch because unless there is a vigilante, they can't kill at night. Their only way to kill other players (and consequently possibly lynch some scum) is by lynching. If there's not a lot of arguments or debates in the thread and the town votes for a no lynch anyway, then they won't progress much. That's why I push for a lynch on day 1; if there's nothing worthy by the end of the phase then be it, but it's always possible that we'll end up finding some scum to lynch in the process.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast