1. You are the Mayor. Having lead the lifeboat-rescue operation as the ship sunk, you were elected leader of the camp. You’d think that the townspeople wouldn’t suspect you – but who knows?
Your office grants you two powers: You may pardon someone once, invalidating that day’s vote. To do this, you must privately tell me “Pardon: [Person’s name]”. Your office also gives you tie-breaking positions. If you’ve voted and the result is a tie, your choice is automatically lynched.
2. In your former life, you were a cop. Before you jumped from the boat and swam to shore, you grabbed several weapons. You may use these once to kill a person of your choice at night. Be careful to not draw attention to yourself – if killed before you use your weapons, they will fall into your killer’s hands….
3. You are [username], Private I. Or, you were, in your youth. But ever since you hopped in a lifeboat, you could sense crimes to come….
You make investigations. You spend all day searching the island, and in the night (once you’ve messaged me), you will reach conclusions. If you search a person, you may discover their alliance. These are not your only investigations – you may also investigate dead people, or even occurrences. To investigate an occurrence, ask about who did an act – i.e., “Who killed John?”
4. You are smokin’ haw—er, I mean, you are delicate and strong-willed. Your forceful figure – er, figurative personality is the envy of all men. But you don’t have help just one of the men who rescued you. Your
delicious delicate force makes you very persuasive – and distracting. You may visit someone and distract them once per night, preventing them from completing any /other/ work. However, if the person you’re visiting should be killed, you will be too.
5. You are special, er mildly challenged,er, – please take this well – completely freakin’ insane. They say that it was the near-death trauma of washing ashore half-drowned that did it – or maybe you’re just a psychopath on normal days anyways. To say the least, you’re paranoid, schizophrenic, deranged, and just mental, you sick freak.
When you suspect somebody, you don’t voice your opinions in public. No, you ambush and kidnap them to watch over them so they can’t do anything to you – or anybody else. Who knows what you do in private, but nobody in the town knows what’s happened. Neither of you can communicate in public, though you can still die and – I hope you’re not doing anything too bad to them.
6. Once an eclectic genius, you’re old, and newly-worn from the island experience. But your stature still commands – nobody dares to cross your intellect. And your reflexes are still sharp. If somebody attempts any action on you but murder, it will not work. Moreover, you will know the names of all who visit you.
7. Every group has that one guy…. And that’s you. You have always been a séance, preferring to think of the dead instead of the living. While the town rushes around you, dealing with the conspiracy and the needs of surviving on this mysterious island, you have begun focusing on the dead. You may drag back one soul from the dead through your powers.
8. You are just... awful. Really, you’re a terrible, lousy old man, always yelling people to do this or stop that or “DON’T CRASH THE BOAT”. You’re angry in all this mess – those young whippersnappers should stop whining.
Your spirit is so bitter that, when freed through death, it will lash out at one person – killing them. I hope that anger doesn’t cloud your judgement...
9. You were an investigative journalist secretly on that cruise to expose the use of spam in cruise ship lunch counters. Now, you have bigger stories. Once per day, you may file a report which will be posted anonymously to the public island message board. But be warned – you’re not the only writer on the island….
10. You were, in your former life, a bodyguard for the famous. Though your reflexes have dulled, you may still protect others. Once per night, send in the name of the protected person. If they should be attacked, you will fend off the attacker.
11. You are the beloved, the gorgeous, and the wonderful maiden of this voyage. You are the jewel of all; the crème de la crème. You are so loved, in fact, that nobody can bear to imagine your death. Should you die, it is important that everybody attend your funeral – immediately. The next phase will be skipped in order for preparations to be made. Should you be killed during the day, the night phase will be skipped. Should you be killed at night, the next day phase will be skipped.
12. You are untrustworthy. You have never trusted anybody, and you have always backstabbed your friends if necessary. Your lifeboat contained 5 others at the start, though that many didn’t make it to shore…
You are a saboteur. When you kill someone, you take advantage of them, and obtain their role. In order to do this, you must have the first vote against that person. Your vote need not be the first vote -- only the first against whoever is lynched If this requirement is fulfilled, you can repurpose them and assume their role. Be warned: if you repurpose a mafioso's body, nothing will happen.
13. Pervert. That’s it. You’re a streaker. You don’t like clothes. They’re too distracting. Even on the cruise ship. Especially on a deserted island. Once, you may choose to show the town villagers what you mean. They will be so absorbed in your lesson, that no business may occur on the phase in which you choose to teach it. Things will then skip to the next available phase.
14. By a large majority, you were ‘elected’ town idiot. Sinking your lifeboat and burning the food shack may have done it. Should you be voted against, two extra votes will be counted against you. Hope that you remain unsuspected. Should you vote against somebody, the vote’s value will be negative.
15. You are loud. You are the town crier. Your loudmouth is key: when dead, your innocence will be revealed.
16. Ever since you washed up on shore, you have been incurably sick. Soon, within 2 to 4 days, you will die. However, you can still help: should any person visit you, they will too become sick, and be unable to use their role for one night. Should any person visit that person, they will become sick also. You are allowed to visit one person per night, though this will shorten your life expectancy by one day cycle.
17. Watching the boat sink around you as people abandoned you for the shore, you slowly became paranoid. Once an actor by profession, you may use your skills to great benefit: Each night, you may select one target and hide behind them. Should any actions be intended for you, they will hit your living shield instead. Beware: If you hide behind a mafia member, you will be killed.
18. Washing onto shore, you developed amnesia. You forget anything you’re told – making you a great confident. Every night you may select a target who will tell you their secrets – giving you access to pieces of their private messages. Because of your amnesia, you will only remember pieces of what has been given to you.
19. You were once the ship’s captain – before being shunned by the town for supposedly sinking the ship. Your vote is actually worth nothing. But because of your banishment, you are far from the town’s power – any votes for you will only count for half.