You, along with 13 other people, were selected to take care of a hotel located in the downtown part of the city. But as of late, rumors have surfaced of killings that only occur during the night. The strangest thing? Ever since you and your people had inhabited this hotel, those killings increased. As a result, potential customers were driven away from the hotel. So one morning, you're checking your rooms for the morning cleaning when you see the worst possible thing: a dead body on the ground.
It gets worse. You go into another room and see that one of your fellow workers is dead also!Dear parma:
You are the game moderator. You came to this hotel in a twofold scenario: to relax and kill whoever's suspected of being in the mafia. Your job is to run this game to the best of your abilities. You're allied with yourself. You win automatically.
Frustrated and annoyed, you and your remaining friends gather and decide on one thing: to kill those dastardly lurkers before they kill you.
Welcome to Hotel Mafia. This is a vanilla game designated for both newbies to pick up the methods of the game and for veterans to hone their skills. If you like simplicity, then here's the game for you!
Tutorial for the newbies is below [taken from Mintaka's game, which was taken from Rayne's game].
Ruleset [credit to Rayne with some additional edits]
1. I will modkill for two things
Obviously if you've got something going on, you should put that first. Real life is more important. Just let me know ahead of time if you know you're going to be inactive for a bit. Otherwise, I'd like everyone to participate. At the minimum I'll expect at least one response in this thread every 3 days. Otherwise I will substitute you without warning. After the third day without a post, you'll receive a prod. I expect it to be picked up via posting inthread.
* Poor Sportsmanship and Conduct
This should be fairly self explanatory. Aside from Quick Topic, please try to stay within the confines of the forums to conduct your business. I don't want to see people sneaking around each other in real life just to play a silly game. Also, we can get pretty serious in here, but if you start to act like a real jerk, I can easily push you out of the game as well.
2. Votes are similar to Mijzelffan's voting system.
Please format your votes in bold like such:
When you wish to retract a vote simply say
A tie will result in no kill that day.
3. Day phases last 24 hours. Night phases are 24 hours. I will update at 9PM EST every night.
4. If you plan to change your name, please announce that in the thread and send me a PM. Thanks.
5. Wise cracks and final quotes from the dead are fine, just don't make a habit of posting after you're gone please. In addition, once you're dead, that information can't be transferred to the living.
6. There are no fools in this game. You have been warned.
7. Send me copies of everything you make. PMs, QTs, everything.
8. If you have no night action, send me a PM titled "Night X - Idling". It allows me to keep track of you and tells me that you're still playing.
9. Claiming your action is fine. Posting any role PM[whether faked or actual] is not. No screenshots or anything of the sort. Doing so equals a modkill.
1. Iteru - Lazy Bomber, game winner
mariowie- Ordinary hotel worker, lynched day 2
3. Rainbowkit - Lazy Bomber, game winner
The Puppetmaster- Ordinary hotel worker, killed in endgame
Mintaka- Ordinary hotel worker, lynched day 4
Synthesis- Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 1
Zhwoobatte- Undercover cop, lynched day 3
BoredBeyondBelief TFSpock- Plainclothes doctor, killed in endgame
Mijzelffan- Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 3
Neoflare- Ordinary hotel worker, killed in endgame
! Thunder Lord Z- Ordinary hotel worker, killed night 2
12. Sgt. Pepper's - Lazy Bomber, game winner