The streets are empty. Wind skims the voids keeping neighbors apart, as if grazing the hollow of a cut reed, or say, a plundered mailbox. A familiar note is produced. It’s the one Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune.
It is your thirteenth birthday, and as with all twelve preceding it, something feels missing from your life. The game presently eluding you is only the latest sleight of hand in the repertoire of an unseen riddler, one to engender a sense not of mirth, but of lack. His coarse schemes are those less of a prankster than a common pickpocket. His riddle is Absence itself. It is a mystery dispersing altogether, like the moon’s faint reflection, with even one pebble of inquiry dropped in its black well. It is the most diabolical riddle of all.
“Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.” -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
You have a feeling it’s going to be a long day.
1. No nameclaiming. Roleplaying is allowed, unless it borders on hinting at your character -- in which case we will modkill you (at our discretion, of course).
2. If you are inactive or cheating, we will sub you/modkill you (at our discretion).
3. No screenshots of PMs in-thread. Any private messaging has to include either @Phoenicks; and/or @twinArmageddons;.
4. There is a preset chance that your private communications will leak publicly. IMs (Instant Messages) will leak more often than PMs (Private Messages) or QTs (QuickTopics).
5. Role reveal on death.
6. To vote, simply bold your vote like this Vote: [PLAYER]
7. Announce name changes in thread.
8. If you’ve read the rules, leave either Phoenicks or twinArmageddons a visitor message saying “bluh bluh huge bitch”.
9. 24 hour phases. Updates at 3 AM UTC (10 PM EST).
10. Abide by local and greater forum rules.
As your hosts, we promise to:
1. Remain unbiased. We will not attempt to influence events, alter roles, affect outcomes, or edit the game.
2. Tell the truth. As excellent hosts we will withhold information, but we will not directly lie to you.
3. Make an enjoyable game. If you have issues or complaints, please talk to us. We want you to enjoy the game. Let us solve any issues.
For those of you that know Homestuck, this game covers Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3.
27th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Re: Homestuck Mafia, Act 1
Client Player List:
1. HumanDawn 2. Froakie -- Rose, killed at THE END OF INTERMISSION 2. 3. Parma 4. Akuraito 5. Neosquid 6. ectoBiologist -- Bro, lynched at the END OF ACT 3 7. Zima -- The AIMLESS RENEGADE, modkilled at the END OF INTERMISSION 2 INTERMISSION 1 8. Midorikawa ==> Yatagarasu 9. Tailisu10 10. adiosToreador 11. Nepeta Leijon Master Mew 12. Buoy -- The BLACK QUEEN, lynched at the END OF ACT 1 13. Mijzelffan 14. DrumBeats -- The PEREGRINE MEDICANT, lynched at the END OF ACT 2