Mafia: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!] - Page 31

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

In your opinion, how was the game?
    In my opinion the game was great, all the roles were great and I loved how you included the Horcruxes and Hallows. It made the game challenging and fun.
    The roles?

I thought the roles were very interesting.
    The clarity of the rules?
    The rules were fair and very clear. I agreed with the no name claiming rule.
    The phase changes?
    The phases changed at a good time
    The balance?
    I thought the game had a good balance.
    The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    I loved the addition of this. I didnt ever get to use any of the Hallows unfortunately but it didnt matter. I got some of the Horcruxes, but they didnt hinder me all that much, although it may have to others.
    What do you think would have made the experience of the game better?
    I had a great experience this game, I thought the game was great.

Also: Yeah I was the insane cop. It took me about 3 night phases to figure it out, because I realized everyone was showing up as a Death Eater every single time. I figured it out by looking at the Mafiascum wiki. This forced me to be more observant this time around, since my ability was useless. I payed attention to people's posts and voting patterns and tried to get reactions out of people and played a more active role than I usually do these games, but I actually liked that I had to do that, and it worked. Im thrilled to have survived this game and won, cause I really wanted to win this game, as I havent won one of these games in a long while. This game was great, one of the best games Ive ever played. Thank you @Aestivate for your hard work and letting me play

tl;dr I know :P
    Aestivate likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

I thought it was a very interesting and fun game. I enjoyed being able to play in it.

The balance of the roles?

I thought the roles were well-balanced.

The rules were fair, and I understood them perfectly. And I don't really understand much :P

The phase changes?
    I thought that the phase changes took place at the best possible time.

The activity?
    The activity was good. I admit that I could have been a little more active, but I'm just the kind of player who likes to be quiet. :P

The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    I think that the Horcruxes and Hallows were a great addition to the game.

I can't really think of anything. The game was great. Thank you for letting me play! :D

HOLY CRAP ON A STICK WE WON :O

This game was fantastic! Loved the writing in the phase changes.
    Roles were pretty balanced.
    Crystal.
    The phase changes?
    <3
    The activity?
    Lots of activity in the beginning, and even after I was gone (other things took priority) we still had some very interesting things going on.
    Was the game engaging?
    Oh yes.
    The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    I found the Hallows much more engaging than the Horcruxes because of their active abilities, but the Horcruxes' negative passive abilities threw a nice wrench into the game.
    Nothing, I thought it was great! Thanks for putting this together and letting us play!

Honestly I'm surprised I stayed alive to the end, but I'm not complaining. :P I learned some valuable lessons, haha
    Last edited by Laterose; 30th October 2011 at 11:41 PM.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I'll fill that in later (gotta go to school) but YAY this is my first mafia win, and I was Harry Potter none the less. :P
    Thanks a lot Puppetmaster! You pretty much just made us win. :)

Blog Entries

It was good, but I could only really play through observation - survivor isn't a role I particularly enjoy, although it does allow you to play either way, or even lie low for the entirety of the game (like I did, lawl).
    I found that it was quite balanced, and the setup was quite well thought-out imo.
    NOT CLEAR, I FOUND MYSELF CONFUSED BEYOND ALL CONFUSION Pretty clear to me, at least I didn't get modkilled for breaking any. >_>;
    The phase changes?
    I noticed that a few had to be changed a little bit, but I guess that can't be helped.
    The activity?
    Everyone seemed pretty active, although I can't say much for myself. ;-;.
    Was the game engaging?
    I guess - I didn't have much to do except wait the whole thing out, but others seemed to have fun and participated well. :}
    The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    Uh, I actually have no idea here. I received one Hallow on Night 3, the Invisibility Cloak, from PichuBoy, passed it on to Kayi-chan and that was about as much as I saw of the Horcruxes/Hallows.
    Nothing that I could think of at the moment.

Thanks for such a good game; thanks for hosting, Aestivate. By the way @Sourcandy I only voted you to try and look like I was doing something lawl. Playing as the survivor didn't actually give me much to do except watch, and I thought that the con in that I could only link myself to people during the first three days made it quite challenging, as I had to predict who would survive until the end - I linked to two people: PichuBoy and Conoisseur Boy. I forgot to make my decision after that, but it seemed that if I had died, Conoisseur Boy would have allowed me to win the game anyway.

ALSO, THE CONCLUSION WAS COOL. I like how even "I" had a part in it, lawl.

The game was pretty fun, there were a couple things that niggled at me but overall I enjoyed it.
    Balance of the roles was good
    As above.
    The phase changes?
    Not particularly keen on anybody having the ability to end the phase by themselves, but other than that it was all good.
    The activity?
    One of my main problems, I know that DCM had a reason but it was kinda awkward with half the mafia team being inactive.
    Was the game engaging?
    Yeah.
    The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    Two things that I didn't really like.

The first was inactivity on the mafias part. Me and pichu were pretty much the only ones using the mafia QT, and he got killed early. Would have had a lot more fun if the mafia was actually coordinating its plans.

The second was the replacements. it might just be me but I'm not really fond of replacing in players who have already been killed in the game, just seems a bit meh to me and part of the reason i had trouble working out stuff to say other than business was that by the end I was having trouble figuring out who said what in what life.

Anyway other that than it was a fun game ^_^

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WHOOOO!!!! THE FIRST MAFIA VICTORY!!!!!

*ahem*

In your opinion, how was the game?I
    I think that it was a really good game. Though I sucked ...
    Roles were in my opinion quite well balanced
    Clear
    The phase changes?
    Very well written and interesting. Because of the time zones the time for phase changes was not the best for me (around 5 AM), but of course you can't find a time that is good for all
    The activity?
    Pretty active, but I still think there were quite many too silent players
    Was the game engaging?
    Yes, it really was.
    The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    Nice addition to the game mechanics

So I really was the cop, and checked the godfather on night 1 and contacted him. I realized my after night 2, when I got to know that Croag was part of Dumbledore's army. DCM came up as 'town' upon the check. After that I was sure that I will be killed next. (I have to say that I lolled when I read the mafia QT. A trap? Really? xD)

Thanks to @Shiny Celebi, it was fun to co-operate with you. Also I'm am glad that I contacted Sourcandy. @Sourcandy: I have to say that I was very confused when I noticed your cop claim.

Blog Entries

You guys are awesome!!!! Congrats to all of you <3
    @Aestivate; the game was awesome. 'nuff said.
    My life is a nightmare

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I had a lot of fun playing Aestivate! It went really well for my first mafia game. I wish I could have played more toward the end, but my power has been out. I was especially thrilled to play Tonks since she is one of my favorite characters (go Hufflepuffs!). I thought the game was really well put together, and very organized. You did a great job!

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

• In your opinion, how was the game?

I've had fun, beside those times when I forgot who was dead or not/that I was silenced because of that damned Horcrux. It was the first (two) times in mafia games where I've been night killed, too.
    • The balance of the roles?

In my opinion, they were all well balanced, as no one really took advantage of the game by using his or her role by the end.
    • The clarity of the rules?

They were all very clear, and I don't think a lot of confusion was caused by them.
    • The phase changes?

Not much I can say about that. You have other stuff to do than update an online game, and it's understandable that you would prioritize this over the mafia.
    • The activity?

Beside the few inactive, it has been pretty active all along.
    • Was the game engaging?

I still have that lurking problem when I play, and rarely get active behind the scenes. It was still pretty engaging, though, even if I was really, really lost near the end, when I subbed for garrison-san.
    • The Horcruxes/Hallows?

Why did I get them so much? >_> They added a nice touch to the game, and sure got us wondering at the beginning what they did and how many there was.
    • What do you think would have made the experience of the game better?

Maybe allow nameclaiming for next time, as I think it would have made the game generally more enjoyable for most people, although you might want to add an extra mafia member if you do.

I'm a bit disappointed that I've been night killed when I was Draco, as I was doing pretty well at proving my innocence to the town and was planning on joining the Death Eaters if I was to come across the wand again, just to screw the canon even more. After I came back as Neville, though, everything went bad and I played very badly, protecting two Death Eaters because I thought someone else was more suspicious. But beside that, it was pretty fun.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

I loved it. I wish I could've stayed alive a bit longer (boo whoever shot me ):), but overall, I enjoyed the time I had in it :)

They were all cool, and quite well though out. The only one I didn't like was dark fawful's, if I'm honest. He was pretty much guaranteed to win the game for doing nothing. But other than that, I did like them :)

The mafia were probably a little underbalanced, especially with there being three cops (Dobby was a Cop, right?), even if one of them was insane. I suppose the Framer role could've helped us out a bit, though, and our roles were quite powerful is used correctly.

Fine. The no nameclaiming definitely both helped and hindered. Helped the mafia, definitely.

The phase changes?
    Maybe make the day phases a bit longer. One thing I notice is that with different timezones, 24 hours means some people only get 1 chance to respond. At least with a bit longer day phases, it allows for there to be about 4 parts of a conversation. (if that makes sense)

The activity?
    Eh, it was alright. I do agree with what was said, I don't like dead players being subbed in (say, they could've been a cop with clears/guilties that they are now free to say). Inactivity can't be helped, though, so I see why you did it.

Was the game engaging?
    Definitely! And also very tear-jerking. Hermione's death made me sad ):

The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    I actually really loved these, it made it so much more interesting. Watching everyone work out what they all were was fun.

One thing I did notice that I prayed to God no one else would - the Hallows/Horcruxes WERE NOT RANDOMLY DISTRIBUTED NIGHT 0. They were given to the person who had most of a connection with them. I claimed to have the Locket Night 0. Who has a deep connection with the Locket? Herpderp.

That was more of a derp on my part, but maybe not hinting that they weren't distributed randomly N0.

Also, maybe make it clear that mafia members couldn't pass on Hallows to their teammates? Some people were being "cleared" due to passing a Hallow on to a fellow town, which I didn't like, and obviously couldn't speak up against without revealing myself.

Maybe one more mafia member, more activity, random Horcrux/Hallow distribution N0. I know that would have screwed with Draco's role, but meh.

Generally, a great game. Loved it :)
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh yes a Town win! 8D

I really liked it overall. Although more activity from people would have been nice.

Really well, still Snape hax would have been kewl. xD

Pretty straightforward.

The phase changes?

LOL I kept on interrogating Sourcandy, still that was just paranoia I guess. xP
    Still it was good overall.

The activity?
    Needed more TL;DR posters sadly. :(

Was the game engaging?

Heck yes, I love the twist and turns of the special items. :D

The Horcruxes/Hallows?
    Really good addition, made things harder I believe. :3

Me voting? xP
    Hmm...I guess me not messing up lol.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031