Mafia: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!] - Page 30

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 9: Sweet Surrender [10.29]

@The Puppetmaster, @Paperhorse, @Vayre, and @Laterose
    only some of you guys can be mafia since the rest have been cleared by the cop. Now, who of you could it be?
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 9: Sweet Surrender [10.29]

Vote: Sourcandy.

Ever since she subbed for whoever, she's become a lot more dominating - generally, there are players which try to control the flow of a game, and I don't trust them after one person ended up winning from complete manipulation of other people. She's clamoured about twice as far as I can see for the Doctor to protect her, and she's also posted trying to get the cop to contact her...

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    I really need the doctor to get in touch with me, otherwise I'm toast. also, cop, please report.
    However, if I recall, she was the cop at the very start of the game. What in the world? How does she expect the cop to report to her if it's likely that the only cop is already dead? She also keeps trying to draw attention away from herself, and pointing out others' suspiciousness, the most flamboyant example being her "Guide to the Universe". Although she has already drawn to our attention two mafia (as far as I've counted), I still think that there's something fishy about her, and she's done barely nothing to prove her own innocence; every time she's asked to prove herself as innocent she's swiftly redirected the focus to someone else.

IDK RAMBLING ON. I think I've brought up some points to think about, though. Idc if people believe me or not, I have nothing to prove in this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buoysel. View Post
    Vote: Sourcandy.

Ever since she subbed for whoever, she's become a lot more dominating - generally, there are players which try to control the flow of a game, and I don't trust them after one person ended up winning from complete manipulation of other people. She's clamoured about twice as far as I can see for the Doctor to protect her, and she's also posted trying to get the cop to contact her...

However, if I recall, she was the cop at the very start of the game. What in the world? How does she expect the cop to report to her if it's likely that the only cop is already dead? She also keeps trying to draw attention away from herself, and pointing out others' suspiciousness, the most flamboyant example being her "Guide to the Universe". Although she has already drawn to our attention two mafia (as far as I've counted), I still think that there's something fishy about her, and she's done barely nothing to prove her own innocence; every time she's asked to prove herself as innocent she's swiftly redirected the focus to someone else.

IDK RAMBLING ON. I think I've brought up some points to think about, though. Idc if people believe me or not, I have nothing to prove in this game.
    what's the best way to gain information in this game? the host. At the very beginning of the game I contacted Aestivate telling her how bad I was going to do because I was the cop. She replied saying that I was only the name cop. A few days later I PM'd her about the inability for the town to contact each other, but she told me that the town's roles were going to make up for it. Guess what that means? That there is an actual cop, one that checked you last night.

Now, dont come here, telling me I have not proven my innocence. I was the one that started the lynch against the godfather and the one that used her [end phase early] action to make sure TFSpock die.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

what's the best way to gain information in this game? the host. At the very beginning of the game I contacted Aestivate telling her how bad I was going to do because I was the cop. She replied saying that I was only the name cop. A few days later I PM'd her about the inability for the town to contact each other, but she told me that the town's roles were going to make up for it. Guess what that means? That there is an actual cop, one that checked you last night.

Now, dont come here, telling me I have not proven my innocence. I was the one that started the lynch against the godfather and the one that used her [end phase early] action to make sure TFSpock die.
    shrug, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    By the way, if the cop checked me, am I believed to be relatively innocent?

Blog Entries

shrug, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    By the way, if the cop checked me, am I believed to be relatively innocent?
    you tell me.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

you tell me.
    Shrug, I guess I'd see myself as innocent. At least there's apparently a cop that can confirm that I can't do anything worthwhile with my role.

Blog Entries

Shrug, I guess I'd see myself as innocent. At least there's apparently a cop that can confirm that I can't do anything worthwhile with my role.
    really?
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

@Connossieur boy @Paperhorse @Smasher101 @Croag @Laterose @Vayre @Shiny Celebi @Netto Azure @Sourcandy @Buoysel

First and foremost, I apologize for being so inactive as of late.

Buuuuuut I'm here now, and hopefully I can help out!

Here are the votes in the game thus far:

(You can zoom in a bit using this link if that's too small for you to read - http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff342/franco295/HarryPotterandtheDHMafiaGameVotes.jpg)

"[USER] -> [USER]" means the person voting changed their vote from one player to another. Looking at these votes, you can sorta get a feel for who seems the most/least suspicious.

After rereading through the whole thread, the people I find most suspicious are Vayre and Croag. Vayre has been suspicious all game long, and Croag chimes in right after phase changes but doesn't vote or contribute anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayre View Post
    At the moment Laterose seems the most suspicious to me.While Serene's first day copclaim was kinda suspicious to me it was just that, suspicion worthy. Not Boom-you're-dead worthy.

Vote: Laterose
    I'm gonna agree that Laterose probably isn't mafia, but I don't really think that CosmicJake's comment is scummy.

Vote: Neonsands No offense, but you're saying that you're using logic and then voting a really weak case, i'd like to see something else to support CosmicJake being mafia before I think he deserves any votes.
    So on Day 3, Vayre thought Laterose was mafia, but then Day 4, his mind suddenly changed? And he changed it to Neonsands, someone confirmed innocent by their death.

Nope. Goddamnit gonna have to roleclaim.

My role protects me from night kills until certain conditions are met, obviously i'm not going to tell here what the conditions are.

However in return for this I don't actually get a vote, mine counts for nothing, and i'm not protected from Lynches either.

I'm allied with the Order of the Phoenix, and i'm going to bed very soon so don;t start using my silence as an excuse to lynch me again, you still haven't justified this vote yet.

Nice one Laterose, I was planning to lure the mafia into wasting a night kill.
    How convenient that Vayre's role is that he can't be night killed by...you know...the mafia. :P

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Note: Draco was not a 'kind' Death Eater. If you read his PM, it clearly says that although he's independent, he can only win with the Death Eaters.

Notice how everyone started voting for me when I wasn't able to defend myself. Also notice how Laterose and Neonsands are both claiming to be clear from their role descriptions only. Sure, you're proved your role exists. Nice one. Now prove it's not a mafia-sided role.

Laterose's role also doesn't add up with his claim. His claim:

"negate any and all day actions". Except the attempt to revive Hermione was a night action. Oh, but what if he meant night? The night-kill still happened though. Why did that not stop? So many questions.

Neonsand's role is also questionable. First he claims it to have half a vote (with no mention of a rise - he mentions the 'lessened' vote a couple of times) and then suddenly it goes up by half every day phase? Gee, not only is that weird that that bit's suddenly added in, but that's a bit of a broken role, don't you think? Day 8 and Neonsands has 4 votes. Any further than that and he'd pretty much control the game.

Anyway, yes, my character does in fact have the Dark Mark. My character isn't, however, sided with the Death Eaters, but would appear to be upon investigation from a cop. My character is actually part of the Order. There you have it.
    PichuBoy, confirmed mafia by his death, pretty much cleared both Laterose and Neonsands with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    woah, woah, @The Puppetmaster and @Shiny Celebi, I admitted I was just grasping at straws. I assumed it was too late to call for no lynch, considering how screwed we'd be. Are you really going to lynch me for that?

and @Sourcandy.

Vote: Buoseyl, because I need to tie this D:
    And I think this might clear Buoysel since DCM was confirmed mafia by his death.

~~~

I'm confident Laterose, Sourcandy, Paperhorse, Smasher101, and Shiny Celebi are town because of voting patterns and actions they've taken throughout the game. However, I'm still not completely sure about Netto Azure and Buoysel (much more the former than the latter). All I know about Netto Azure that may clear him is that the person he subbed for (Derpeh Hooves) received a random lynch from PichuBoy (dead mafia) on Day 1. DCM's post I quoted above is what I'm using to clear Buoyself for now, but I'm still not sure since he's been inactive most the game.

Therefore, I'll Vote: Vayre since I find her the absolute most suspicious and am almost 100% positive he's mafia. I ask you all please do the same.

EDIT: OH and I forgot to mention - I think those players who have been resurrected during the day phases have been resurrected by Death Eaters. Wolverine, Taiki, and Master Mew all pointed fingers at innocent people after they had come back to life (Wolverine voting for Neonsands, Taiki dissuading others from voting for DCM and instead voting for HiPS, and Master Mew challenging Sourcandy). It seems to have happened too many times to be coincidence for me.
    Last edited by The Puppetmaster; 30th October 2011 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Vote:Vayre
    I trust the puppetmaster.
    My life is a nightmare

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Vote: Vayre
    Ive been a bit suspicious for a while and Ive been watching Vayre as well. I think he may be a Death Eater.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

@Connossieur boy @Wolverine @Taiki @Dark fawful@Hide in Plain Sight @TFSpock @Paperhorse @Smasher 101 @DCM @Neonsands @Sourcandy @Croag @Zenax @Laterose @PichuBoy @Vayre @Master Mew @Shiny Celebi @Derpeh Hoovez @Netto Azure @CosmicJake @The Puppetmaster @Buoysel.

All was well.

Luna knew.

In her heart, she knew.

And she was someone who believed in extraordinary things; she was someone who many seldom had faith in.

She was too odd, too strange, too faithful, too batty, too loony for most others.

But she never, ever let that faze her. She let herself be the tortoise even though she was typically the silver hare.

"You can't touch us," she said. "We've won. You can't hurt anyone anymore."

"There are no Horcruxes left," said Harry, coming up to join her. He clasped her right hand in his, and for once her clear blue eyes were defiant and hard. "It's over, Tom."

"You can't destroy anymore families," came Ginny's voice, strong and clear. She took Harry's other hand.

"Especially not mine," said the bitter voice of Molly Weasley, closing her palm over her daughter's shoulder.

Ron came forward next, firmly grasping Luna's other hand, with more life than he'd exhibited since Hermione had died. "Or loves," said Ron, voice cracking. "Or lives."

Luna returned the pressure, blinking hard. Tears swam in her eyes for Neville, for Hermione, for so many others. "Or friends."

"It's over," said Tonks. "There are new lives to be born."

"Yes, it is," said Remus, sidling up next to his wife and pressing his hand to her belly. "And now it's time to shy away from the dark and start anew."

"Your kind won't touch any of our lot ever again," said Mad-Eye, magical and real eyes looking over the defenseless Dark Lord.

"And we will make sure to seize control of our future and make sure everybody knows that every life is worth living," finished Kingsley, his deep voice as low and reassuring as it usually was.

Luna, Kingsley, Remus, Tonks, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Mad-Eye, and Mrs. Weasley all trained their wands on the Dark Lord, who was Disarmed and Mortal once more.

"And you, Wormtail?" said the finished Lord. "What will be your punishment?"

Wide-eyed, Wormtail dropped his wand and scurried towards the rest.

"Ah," said Voldemort. "Traitor."

The nine of them whispered the spell, and then Dark Lord fell, rather unceremoniously, in a dull thud in the middle of the Great Hall.

Eyes on each other, the full weight of their losses upon them, they all embraced and jeered and screamed.

All was well. Victory was theirs at last.

Role PM's, Summary of Events, etc. will come in the next post. For now, thank you all for playing and congratulations to the winners!

Blog Entries

Yes, we did it!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

HOLY SHIT YEAH OMG WE WON!

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

At first I thought Luna was the next victim. I'm more relieved to see that she's still alive than seeing that Voldemort has been killed.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Mafia

QT's:
    - Death Eaters' QT
    - Twins' QT (is extremely empty lol)

Summary of Events

Remaining Role PM's

@Connossieur boy

@Paperhorse

@Smasher 101

@Croag

@Laterose

@Shiny Celebi

@Netto Azure

@The Puppetmaster

@Sourcandy

@Buoysel.

Hallows/Horcruxes

Possession spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AogE7P4z6gRCdGpLT0Q3bTZ3X0tXc3JmXzBLd2VJNWc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Cloak

Wand

Resurrection Stone

Locket

Cup

Diadem

Game Survey

As this is my first time hosting, please answer some of these questions about your experience with the game! I thoroughly enjoyed hosting (though I did hate killing my favorite characters), and I'm thrilled for the outcome to come out as it did... Thank you all so much for playing.

Last edited by Aestivate; 30th October 2011 at 09:53 PM.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast