Mafia: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!] - Page 13

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 3: Halves of a Whole [10.16]

@PichuBoy I received the Wand on Night 1 and there was no mention of who gave it to me, and they were distributed on Night 0, so I wasn't the first to have it. Maybe it was only for the Hallow that you had. :/

Correct, if I had known who Serene was, I wouldn't have taken the shot. But since she was suspicious, I took that shot because a) I wanted to do something for the town, rather than have it fall into the wrong hands and get someone else vig-killed by a Death Eater, which obviously backfired for me. And b) if I took a shot there would be a chance that no one would have died and no one would have been able to use it for three nights, which would have been pretty nice for us.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 3: Halves of a Whole [10.16]

I've received no Hallows.

But if I had, I wouldn't have used them to kill Hermione, you sicko! (jk )

I think Laterose is innocent, the only thing I can really do to protect him, however, is attempt to tie up the votes...

Vote: Croag

Nothing personal, Croag, just don't want an innocent lynched.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

How nice to write a tl;dr post and accidentally delete it. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    According to what Laterose said, the vig ability comes with the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand, like the other gallows, is randomly distributed every night. That means whoever had it last night either didn't want to risk a kill, or they weren't around to use it.

Now for me, the fact that Laterose used the wand on a Cop claim, no matter how suspicious, sets off a flag. The only thing staying my hand is his openness that he did it. There would be no reason to claim anything like that. Like, if you are part of the mafia, that would be a rather peculiar move to pull.
    I was the one who received the Elder Wand on Night 0, and the description says that by using it on someone, you have 1/3 chance of killing the person, 1/3 chance of killing yourself, and 1/3 chance of having the Wand disappear and only reappear 3 Night phases later. I think the person who had it last night didn't use it in fear of accidentally killing himself/herself.

And I have to agree with Laterose on this one; claiming cop on Day 1 is really suspicious and basically makes you the #1 target for the mafia. Serene turned out to be the cop after all, and I defended her when Netto Azure voted for her, but I was still very suspicious of her. Definitely not a reason to night-kill her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PichuBoy View Post
    Ok, so, it seems the vigilante/killer didn't kill last night. That, or a doctor-type role saved the target. So many possibilities.
    Unless there's actually a Vigilante/Killer in the game, I think the person who had the Elder Wand just didn't want to take the risk of killing himself/herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    The Hallows are distributed randomly, otherwise I wouldn't have had it. Hermione was like a sister to me, I definitely wouldn't have killed her if I had known it was her. Keep in mind that we were voting Netto for suspecting Serene as well, and he turned out to be town as well.
    They're not; I received the Elder Wand on Night 0 and had to give it to a person of my choice. I chose to give it to you. I also received the Invisibility Cloak on Night 1 and Aestivate specified in the PM that Croag gave it to me. That marks her as confirmed innocent, in my book at least, since if she was part of the mafia she would've gave it to one of her fellow mafia.

I received the Wand on Night 1 and there was no mention of who gave it to me, and they were distributed on Night 0, so I wasn't the first to have it. Maybe it was only for the Hallow that you had. :/

Correct, if I had known who Serene was, I wouldn't have taken the shot. But since she was suspicious, I took that shot because a) I wanted to do something for the town, rather than have it fall into the wrong hands and get someone else vig-killed by a Death Eater, which obviously backfired for me. And b) if I took a shot there would be a chance that no one would have died and no one would have been able to use it for three nights, which would have been pretty nice for us.
    Unlikely. I'm pretty sure it'll be included in the PMs you'll receive who gave it to you, for all three Hallows (assuming the... Resurection Stone? Whatever name it is in English, I've only read the book in French, is in the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't be).

a) So how does killing someone who claimed cop helps the town? Granted, claiming cop just puts you #1 on the to-kill mafia list, but that's exactly why you shouldn't have targeted her. The mafia would've killed her anyway, and Netto Azure was already more suspicious because he had voted for her.
    b) Killing the cop just so 3 people may survive seems like a very unfair trade, to me.

So for all of that, I'll Vote: Laterose.

Now, as I've been lucky/unlucky, depending on how you see it, here's some information I gathered:
    -The Elder Wand (Hallow) has a 1/3 chance of killing the user you target, 1/3 chance of killing yourself, and 1/3 chance of disappearing for three nights;
    -The Invisibility Cloak (Hallow) gives you a night-kill immunity;
    -Helga Hufflepuff's Cup (Horcrux) silences you, but you can still send your vote to Aestivate by PM;
    -Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem (Horcrux) doubles the votes against you.

The Horcruxes are distributed at random, while the Hallows are not. If someone knows something about the last Hallow, please tell us what it does, although I'm pretty sure it has something to do with reviving someone. Same goes for Horcruxes.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Vote: Laterose

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see any logic in this lynch. Especially if what you said is true about the Elder Wand. Why would any mafia member risk taking a hit to their ranks just to kill a cop they can roleblock? That doesn't make any sense at all. Laterose is the only person under any suspicion, but nobody else has even attempted to find any other suspicious activity scares me. We can't just follow the easiest choice, we have to think.

I would try and save Laterose, but my vote will cause somebody to die. I'm a tiebreaker, so I have to abstain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenax View Post
    And I have to agree with Laterose on this one; claiming cop on Day 1 is really suspicious and basically makes you the #1 target for the mafia. Serene turned out to be the cop after all, and I defended her when Netto Azure voted for her, but I was still very suspicious of her. Definitely not a reason to night-kill her, though.
    Suspicion isn't a reason to night-kill someone? It sure is enough to vote for someone to die, apparently. How is that different?

They're not; I received the Elder Wand on Night 0 and had to give it to a person of my choice. I chose to give it to you. I also received the Invisibility Cloak on Night 1 and Aestivate specified in the PM that Croag gave it to me. That marks her as confirmed innocent, in my book at least, since if she was part of the mafia she would've gave it to one of her fellow mafia.
    That's evidence enough for me. Unvote: Croag

However, I did not have the option of giving the Wand to someone, probably because I used it. I don't know.

Unlikely. I'm pretty sure it'll be included in the PMs you'll receive who gave it to you, for all three Hallows (assuming the... Resurection Stone? Whatever name it is in English, I've only read the book in French, is in the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't be).
    It wasn't in the PM. I don't know how else to prove it to you without showing the PM, which I'm not allowed to do. How would I know how the Elder Wand works without actually having had it? :/ It's like you're doubting whether I actually had the Wand, which is not a question at this point.

a) So how does killing someone who claimed cop helps the town? Granted, claiming cop just puts you #1 on the to-kill mafia list, but that's exactly why you shouldn't have targeted her. The mafia would've killed her anyway, and Netto Azure was already more suspicious because he had voted for her.
    b) Killing the cop just so 3 people may survive seems like a very unfair trade, to me.
    I explained my reasoning for it. It wasn't the right choice, but it's the one that I made and I stand by it. I came out with an honest confession. If that gets me lynched, then so be it, but that'll make yet ANOTHER casualty for DA and zero for the Death Eaters.

The Horcruxes are distributed at random, while the Hallows are not. If someone knows something about the last Hallow, please tell us what it does, although I'm pretty sure it has something to do with reviving someone. Same goes for Horcruxes.
    Someone had the Resurrection Stone last night and tried to revive Hermione, but my ability got in the way, unfortunately.

We need to have as much information as possible as to who has the Hallows and Horcruxes and what they do. We are Dumbledore's Army, and we need to start working together. The only way we're going to weed out the Death Eaters is if we start speaking up and looking for the incongruencies among us. Speak up!

@Connossieur boy @nightmare moon@Hide in Plain Sight @TFSpock @Paperhorse @Smasher 101 @Clint @Neonsands @Croag @Zenax @PichuBoy @Vayre @Master Mew @Shiny Celebi @Derpeh Hoovez @CosmicJake @The Puppetmaster @GengarEatBanana @Buoysel. @Kayi-chan @garrison-san
    Last edited by Laterose; 17th October 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries

I have information! Mainly because Zenax started saying info.

I received the Resurection Stone on Night 1. What it does is it allows you to revive a dead person and allow them to vote once in the next day phase. But after that phase, that person goes back to death.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/knight-shadows-stats-86723/
    My URPG Stats

Warm my eggs and feed my Pokemon please!

@CosmicJake Do you know who gave it to you?

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    I don't see any logic in this lynch. Especially if what you said is true about the Elder Wand. Why would any mafia member risk taking a hit to their ranks just to kill a cop they can roleblock? That doesn't make any sense at all. Laterose is the only person under any suspicion, but nobody else has even attempted to find any other suspicious activity scares me. We can't just follow the easiest choice, we have to think.

I would try and save Laterose, but my vote will cause somebody to die. I'm a tiebreaker, so I have to abstain.
    No one says that the roleblocker was on the mafia's side. He/she could be part of Dumbledore's Army/Order of the Phoenix for all we know.

Suspicion isn't a reason to night-kill someone? It sure is enough to lynch someone, apparently. How are they different?
    Suspicion is a good reason. Night-killing someone who claimed cop, however, is not.

However, I did not have the option of giving the Wand to someone, probably because I used it. I don't know.
    I still doubt that part.

It wasn't in the PM. I don't know how else to prove it to you without showing the PM, which I'm not allowed to do. How would I know how the Elder Wand works without actually having had it? :/ It's like you're doubting whether I actually had the Wand, which is not a question at this point.
    Of course you had it, I remember clearly sending it to you after I received it on Night 0.

Someone had the Resurrection Stone last night and tried to revive Hermione, but my ability got in the way, unfortunately.
    What would it be?

Unvote: Laterose

I'll believe you for now, although you're still suspicious to me. Also, the flavor text in the update where Taiki and Serene died makes me think that the person who killed Hermione isn't a Death Eater.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicJake View Post
    I have information! Mainly because Zenax started saying info.

I received the Resurection Stone on Night 1. What it does is it allows you to revive a dead person and allow them to vote once in the next day phase. But after that phase, that person goes back to death.
    Did you have to choose someone to send it to, or was it shuffled randomly after the phase?

Blog Entries

Nope, it wasn't told. And I couldn't choose. That could be because I couldn't use it (nobody had died yet.)
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=86723
    My URPG Stats

Warm my eggs and feed my Pokemon please!

^^^ This.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Ugh. Them Hallows, how do they work.

Suspicion is a good reason. Night-killing someone who claimed cop, however, is not.
    Not what?

Of course you had it, I remember clearly sending it to you after I received it on Night 0.
    Oh, derp.

My ability was to negate any and all day actions. It was a one-time use. Check the part about the Resurrection Stone in the flavor text, that was me with the brown eyes.

Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Not what?
    I misworded that. What I meant to say is that suspicion can be a good reason to kil someone, but not if they claimed cop.

Oh, derp.

My ability was to negate any and all day actions. It was a one-time use. Check the part about the Resurrection Stone in the flavor text, that was me with the brown eyes.
    Mh, alright.

Blog Entries

I don't really know what to do at this point. :|

Also, I had a Horcrux (sp?) on Day 1 which prevented me from speaking.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast