Mafia: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!] - Page 12

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 2: Halves of a Whole [10.13]

*cries*

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 2: Halves of a Whole [10.13]

At least it respects the canon of the books/movies.

>_>

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

But the fact that it respects canon is what makes it so sad ;________________;

i had a very hard time writing the update and had to conjure up feelings of how i felt when fred died in the books. i hope i did you justice, ms. rowling!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 3: Halves of a Whole [10.16]

Good luck DA people!

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 3: Halves of a Whole [10.16]

;.;

Ok, so, it seems the vigilante/killer didn't kill last night. That, or a doctor-type role saved the target. So many possibilities.

I've got to jet off, so I'll reread and make a vote when I get back.
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

According to what Laterose said, the vig ability comes with the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand, like the other gallows, is randomly distributed every night. That means whoever had it last night either didn't want to risk a kill, or they weren't around to use it.

Now for me, the fact that Laterose used the wand on a Cop claim, no matter how suspicious, sets off a flag. The only thing staying my hand is his openness that he did it. There would be no reason to claim anything like that. Like, if you are part of the mafia, that would be a rather peculiar move to pull.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neonsands View Post
    According to what Laterose said, the vig ability comes with the Elder Wand. The Elder Wand, like the other gallows, is randomly distributed every night. That means whoever had it last night either didn't want to risk a kill, or they weren't around to use it.

Now for me, the fact that Laterose used the wand on a Cop claim, no matter how suspicious, sets off a flag. The only thing staying my hand is his openness that he did it. There would be no reason to claim anything like that. Like, if you are part of the mafia, that would be a rather peculiar move to pull.
    Unless that's exactly why he said it - to make you go "Well, he claimed it, so he's probably not mafia"

I'm wary of it, shooting a cop-claim is anti-town as hell, especially since he said himself something like "Claiming cop Day 1 is just asking the mafia to kill you". Unless he's willing to claim, Vote: @Laterose
    MORE CAPS

I can't tell you who I am according to the rules, but I am certainly not anyone who'd want to kill Hermione. The point of admitting it was to let you guys know what the Hallow I had did and circumstances under which Hermione died, because it'd be kinda messed up if I kept on keeping it a secret. :( Anyway, I wasn't the only one who had suspicions about Serene after she claimed cop. I had the gun and I chose to use it.

Edit: what I said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    Serene was acting pretty suspicious. Who copclaims on the first day? That's like asking the mafia to please kill you now. :/
    I was trying to justify my actions.
    Last edited by Laterose; 17th October 2011 at 11:44 AM.

The Hero You Never Needed Neonsands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    I can't tell you who I am according to the rules, but I am certainly not anyone who'd want to kill Hermione. The point of admitting it was to let you guys know what the Hallow I had did and circumstances under which Hermione died, because it'd be kinda messed up if I kept on keeping it a secret. :( Anyway, I wasn't the only one who had suspicions about Serene after she claimed cop. I had the gun and I chose to use it.

Edit: what I said was:

I was trying to justify my actions.
    The thing is, the mafia didn't try and kill Serene. You were the one who killed Serene.

However, I still don't think you are mafia. You claimed to be the killer, which no mafia would ever do. On top of that, the phase update clears you in a way. The deatheater had to put the mask back on Serene for you to kill her. And you seem more righteous with your words, instead of malevolent. As well, it seems more likely the mafia was planning on framing Serene with the roleblock.

We really don't have much to go on elsewhere, so your cooperation in that respect would be greatly appreciated. Who do you think is acting strangely, or remaining peculiarly quiet?

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

But /were/ the hallows distributed randomly to start off with? What if the wand was given to its original owner, like in the books. Actually, this would be Dumbledore I guess, but then it would be given to whoever is Draco? This is why I'm slightly suspicious, however they may have been distributed randomly which is why I can't call anything yet.

At the moment Laterose seems the most suspicious to me.While Serene's first day copclaim was kinda suspicious to me it was just that, suspicion worthy. Not Boom-you're-dead worthy.

Vote: Laterose

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

@Neonsands @Croag The Hallows are distributed randomly, otherwise I wouldn't have had it. Hermione was like a sister to me, I definitely wouldn't have killed her if I had known it was her. Keep in mind that we were voting Netto for suspecting Serene as well, and he turned out to be town as well.

And yes, I realize the hypocrisy of me voting for Netto, but if he hadn't been modkilled for his revealing PM while I was asleep I would have changed my vote because of it.

Honestly (and this isn't just because she's the first person to reply to Neo), I would vote Croag, because everything she says seems to have an anti-town ring to it, especially the comment she made about nameclaims being able to root out the mafiosi. And, she hasn't voted at all besides jumping on the bandwagon with Netto.

Feel free to contradict me, this is just what my notes point to.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

@Laterose Okay, I was only curious as to how they were distributed. I was pulling out some ideas of how they were given around, although I guess they were random.

I'm not actually blaming you, as I agree with neosands where he said that because you actually claimed to be the one who killed off Hermione, this sort of clears your name in my head which is why I am not voting for you. I don't really see how my comment about name claims would render me suspicious? I was saying that Aestivate most likely made that rule so if people were making others nameclaim, you would be able to know straight away who was allied with the town and who was mafia.

Haha, I guess that was a stupid comment because I forgot you could just lie about your character and make yourself sound innocent, but you understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not mafia, so I advise you to take your vote off me if possible..

Hide in Plain Sight is the greatest person of all time and if I say otherwise, I'm lying.
    Last edited by Mako; 19th October 2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Because I can.

@Croag Just because you felt the need to point it out. Sorry, I'm just grasping at straws here. I agree with the rule, it's just too easy that way. Then again, making indirect hints about being related to certain characters is not quite nameclaiming, I think

Do you have an ability or anything?
    Last edited by Laterose; 17th October 2011 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Bear this in mind: When a Hallow is passed on, you know the name of who passed it on to you (I know this because I received a Hallow N2).

So, in Laterose's case, claiming means nothing, because it would be a case of out or be outed. Obviously, outing yourself is less scummy than having the new owner out what the Hallow is and who had it last.

Also, Laterose, you're claiming that if you'd have known the character, you wouldn't have shot? Why take the risk in the first place?
    MORE CAPS

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast