Mafia: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!] - Page 10

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || DA and OoTP +indeps VICTORY! [10.30!]

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 2: Serene vs. The World [10.13]

Netto Azure voted Serene right after she had claimed cop. He also asked for name claim, but if he had read the rules, he would certainly know that name claiming is not allowed. He didn't really give a proper reasoning for his actions. So I am going to

Vote: Netto Azure

Blog Entries

Default Re: Harry Potter and the DH: The Mafia! || Day 2: Serene vs. The World [10.13]

It always sucks to be one of the first kills xD

Thanks for letting me play Aestivate!

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Netto Azure, to me, seemed to have missed the claim, because he then asked Serene to claim... I'm thinking more miscommunication than mafia, so I won't vote just yet.

Also, I'm thinking the mafia wouldn't roleblock and kill the same person, so the mafia kill was probably Taiki. Having said that, a town-sided vigilante wouldn't shoot a cop claim (I'd hope...), so I'm guessing the vigilante is probably independent.

Also, this game is probably going to destroy my childhood. Hermione dead...? ;.;
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Blog Entries

Yeah, vigilante is a possibility. But are there any characters that fit that role? (Excuse my noobiness)

Good idea, Connoisseur Boy. Vote: Netto Azure
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/knight-shadows-stats-86723/
    My URPG Stats

Warm my eggs and feed my Pokemon please!

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

@Connossieur boy @Wolverine @dark fawful @Hide in Plain Sight @TFSpock @Paperhorse @Smasher 101 @DCM @Neonsands @Croag @Zenax @Laterose @PichuBoy @Vayre @Master Mew @Shiny Celebi @Derpeh Hoovez @Netto Azure @CosmicJake @The Puppetmaster @GengarEatBanana @Buoysel.@Kayi-chan @garrison-san

VERY IMPORTANT POST

As per this rule:

The GM reserves the right to change any rule that she feels will make the experience of the game more enjoyable and seamless.
    and numerous complaints, I'm going to alleviate some of "no outside communication" rule.

I'm going to okay private-messaging among users, but things like Skype/IM are still disallowed. So is nameclaiming. Seriously, do not try it. Again I want to iterate that it just makes the game too easy if everybody knew exactly who the other person was. :p

I want a forward of every single message. I want a link to every single QuickTopic. I will modkill anyone [with no exceptions] that I find hasn't forwarded me a PM/added me to the PM recipient list within the same phase.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

Two town already? Damn...

So, as this is a pretty solid argument, Vote: Netto Azure

Blog Entries

I suspect someone's ability (either vigilante or, possibly, mafia) allows them to target players by their canon character name only - thus the no nameclaiming rule.

If that is the case, I'm guessing the mafia kill was taiki, while the vigilante kill was Serene - as Hermione Granger would be an obvious canon target for whoever it is who targets by canon character alone. Targeting Dobby (a secondary character who might not have been in the game at all) would have been too risky.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The question I have for you then MM is why the vigilante, if they were going for town right away (if they killed Hermione by canon name) didn't go for Harry right off the bat?

I'm thinking that it was just a vig kill that went bad. Because Serene had aroused some suspicion earlier in the day.

Vote: Netto Azure (forgot to add this)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Shit! Two townies killed one of them a cop. This is very bad.
    Vote: Netto Azure
    Voting for Serene after she claimed cop is scummy

Serene was acting pretty suspicious. Who copclaims on the first day? That's like asking the mafia to please kill you now. :/

Vote: Netto Azure seems like the most obvious way to go.

@Netto Azure ?
    Last edited by Laterose; 15th October 2011 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    I suspect someone's ability (either vigilante or, possibly, mafia) allows them to target players by their canon character name only - thus the no nameclaiming rule.

If that is the case, I'm guessing the mafia kill was taiki, while the vigilante kill was Serene - as Hermione Granger would be an obvious canon target for whoever it is who targets by canon character alone. Targeting Dobby (a secondary character who might not have been in the game at all) would have been too risky.
    I think you're reading too much into it. Aestivate has said no nameclaiming because it makes the game too easy. Because, seriously, someone then just goes "I'm Harry Potter, claims to me please".

Also, Taiki was obviously Dobby/Kreacher/some other house elf, if you're familiar to the series. Only house elves talk in third person and are obsessed with clothes (seriously, if the "Yay clothes" wasn't a softclaim, I don't know what is).

And I guess Vote: Netto Azure, although I've got a bad feeling about this...
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

And if it gets down to it, if there was a mass name-claim, the mafiosi will be caught out right off the bat.

Blog Entries

Honestly, if someone said "I'm Harry Potter, claims to me please," I probably wouldn't believe them - but, then again, historically I never believe anyone's claims.

Taiki could have easily been Kreacher rather than Dobby, which would change the dynamic considerably.

I also have a bad feeling about the Netto Azure lynch, so I shall abstain for the time-being.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

I don't think the Netto Azure lynch will end well, either. He already has eight votes against him, and the basis is that he voted for Serene who claimed cop...while in the same post asked her to role claim. Like somebody said earlier, NA must have just looked over her post and not saw her claim.

Vote: @PichuBoy

Why are you voting for NA if you think doing so will end badly?

Hitomi's Bulbahusband Mr. Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well of course it might be true that Netto Azure didn't notice the claim, but the most suspiciuos for me thing is his next post
    Quote Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
    Character wise. It's always nice to see how the HP Story line is playing out.
    He asked Serene to claim on whom her role was based on. And that is the thing we are not allowed to do. I don't that Netto Azure was not knowing of this rule

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast