Mafia: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Endgame - "Decisive Fire" ~ Mafia/Indep Win! - Page 5
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 516

Thread: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Endgame - "Decisive Fire" ~ Mafia/Indep Win!

  1. #61
    gone...
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,236
    Blog Entries
    154
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    ...? I never demanded RainbowSkittles to place a joke vote?
    But you vote him because of the fact he didn't. What would it take for you to unvote him, then?

    I didn't vote for RS just for not placing a joke vote. I voted RS for not even placing a joke vote. RS only stated that he was going to wait for more info. Why not place a vote - joke vote or serious vote - and get some reactions, whether they are jokes or not?
    @RainbowSkittles;
    Is there this much of a difference? It's Day 1 after all, there is no info around.
    Well, RS is always like that, it is his meta. He says this anytime, and this had led to him being an easy Day 1 mislynch in the past.
    I get your point, indeed it is reactions that you are getting, from me and GliscorMan. What is needed for discussion to begin, that is.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSkittles View Post
    You want me to place one? I will eventually when things get started
    Oh. Well, things are now getting started... thoughts on me, Yato or GM?
    Last edited by Konstantinos; 28th May 2014 at 06:52 AM.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

    These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

  2. #62
    Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    60,966
    Blog Entries
    153
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    While I am sore that Zexy fooled me in anothe mafia I think he's right in saying that this is just RS's way to contribute to the joke in a sense.

    UNVOTE: ZEXY


    ​You are free to go for now :p

  3. #63
    Shadow Frost Witch RainbowSkittles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    At Fatima's Side
    Posts
    11,593
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Zexy View Post
    Oh. Well, things are now getting started... thoughts on me, Yato or GM?
    With very little info to go on I don't have much yet

  4. #64

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSkittles View Post
    With very little info to go on I don't have much yet
    Well, yeah, it's D1, so we don't expect a wallpost about your opinions on them, but surely you've got even the most minor of opinions on them. They're the ones who've spoken most, so you have actions to base reads off, right? Like, there's got to be something you can garner from their posts, even if it's not much.

    Like, say, do you think Zexy has been towntelling with trying to get us somewhere by focusing on Yato/Gliscorman, or do you think it's scummy that they tried focusing on something so seemingly minor? That's one way you can look at this for reads, though you shouldn't ignore the material that Yato & GM have supplied, either.
    Last edited by Clusiana; 28th May 2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added second paragraph/fixed word choice

    wake up and dream once more.

  5. #65
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    I really don't see why Yato should be voted for voting somebody who hasn't voted somebody? It's true there's meta like Zexy said that should be kept in mind, but then we won't be getting anywhere if we play safe like that, and it's just a vote(it's good he brought it up though because it made the day into a serious one). GastlyGibus's "vote" of voting everyone was technically not a vote either, but then it helps the lighthearted mood and thinking he's just "laying low" as Mafia in the beginning of Day 1 where there's a lot of joke voting going around would be taking it a bit too far.

    I also don't think we should pressure RS, or well, anyone for thoughts yet because there's really nothing, and whatever to make of the situation would probably be repeated thoughts which I don't think would lead to any discussion.

    UNVOTE: Clusiana
    VOTE: Zima


    She voted herself, and I'd like to see how she acts as well if she has anything to say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusiana View Post
    Well, yeah, it's D1, so we don't expect a wallpost about your opinions on them, but surely you've got even the most minor of opinions on them. They're the ones who've spoken most, so you have actions to base reads off, right? Like, there's got to be something you can garner from their posts, even if it's not much.

    Like, say, do you think Zexy has been towntelling with trying to get us somewhere by focusing on Yato/Gliscorman, or do you think it's scummy that they tried focusing on something so seemingly minor? That's one way you can look at this for reads, though you shouldn't ignore the material that Yato & GM have supplied, either.
    RS didn't say anything about a wallpost of thoughts though. I think he might be just saying that he doesn't really know what to make of it with as little as there is, and I can't blame him because it really could go either way with anyone's possible intention so early in the game.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    RS didn't say anything about a wallpost of thoughts though. I think he might be just saying that he doesn't really know what to make of it with as little as there is, and I can't blame him because it really could go either way with anyone's possible intention so early in the game.
    I know they didn't, but, like, I was just trying to make the point that it wasn't expected for them to have a bunch of firm reads or anything along those lines; just some basic commentary, set in stone or not, would be nice, 'cause there's definitely at least a few things you could derive reads from what's been posted thus far, even if it's not much.

    I mean, it's expected for reads to change as the game progresses, so it doesn't necessarily hurt to state one position, then change your opinion later. And the more we get people to talk, the more discussion there is, so I was just trying to encourage RS to give any reads they could find, even if they weren't exactly strong. Anything helps, no matter how small, so...

    Also, now that Human mentions it--why exactly did you vote yourself, @Zima; ?

    wake up and dream once more.

  7. #67
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusiana View Post
    I mean, it's expected for reads to change as the game progresses, so it doesn't necessarily hurt to state one position, then change your opinion later. And the more we get people to talk, the more discussion there is, so I was just trying to encourage RS to give any reads they could find, even if they weren't exactly strong. Anything helps, no matter how small, so...
    Even if it would generate discussion, making there be more discussion, I doubt it would be helpful because the quality counts rather than the quantity but *shrugs*, I can see where you're coming from.

  8. #68
    Queen Across The Water Marius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    642
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Wow, that escalated quickly. RainbowSkittles isn't to blame here, and I read Yato's vote as a joke one. Everyone was placing joke votes at that point in time. It was GM who took it one step further and placed a serious vote.

    RS once went the entirety of Fairy Mafia (I think) without voting ONCE. It got quite annoying because she kept saying she didn't have enough information or was going to vote later. Anyways, yeah, that's her meta and we shouldn't be badgering her about it because she acts this way in every game.
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die...

  9. #69

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Even if it would generate discussion, making there be more discussion, I doubt it would be helpful because the quality counts rather than the quantity but *shrugs*, I can see where you're coming from.
    Well, of course quality > quantity, but given how early it is in the game, I'll take anything we can get. And just because the read may not exactly be incredible, it could easily bounce off other peoples' posts/reads/you get the point, and evolve into a quality read, and, like, having everyone participate is key, especially when inactivity kills in forum mafia. If we just have two, three people contributing, but everyone else staying silent, we're going to get nowhere, so I think it's pretty vital to get absolutely everyone to contribute at least something so that we can get somewhere.

    Each post brings new reads and opinions regardless of how "quality" or how extensive it is, so I really don't want people shying away from discussing just because there's "little info," you know? Everything can evolve into something important, no matter how small it seems at first, and assuming otherwise will just hurt everyone in the long run. So, I mean, staying silent is inherently anti-town, even if what you could contribute isn't much, since every little piece is important, and allowing someone to skate by just because it's early in the game is really not something I can stand by, hence why I really want RS to contribute anything they can. this was so repetitive fuck me

    wake up and dream once more.

  10. #70
    gone...
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,236
    Blog Entries
    154
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusiana View Post
    Like, say, do you think Zexy has been towntelling with trying to get us somewhere by focusing on Yato/Gliscorman, or do you think it's scummy that they tried focusing on something so seemingly minor? That's one way you can look at this for reads, though you shouldn't ignore the material that Yato & GM have supplied, either.
    Interesting point. I would like to ask what do you think of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I really don't see why Yato should be voted for voting somebody who hasn't voted somebody? It's true there's meta like Zexy said that should be kept in mind, but then we won't be getting anywhere if we play safe like that, and it's just a vote(it's good he brought it up though because it made the day into a serious one). GastlyGibus's "vote" of voting everyone was technically not a vote either, but then it helps the lighthearted mood and thinking he's just "laying low" as Mafia in the beginning of Day 1 where there's a lot of joke voting going around would be taking it a bit too far.
    I cannot agree more. I don't get scummy vibes from anyone and their voting reasons yet, but the case with the RS vote really helped us get somewhere.
    Thing is, this game has a whole 18 players, so it would be nice to see what they have to say on the matter as well.

    I also don't think we should pressure RS, or well, anyone for thoughts yet because there's really nothing, and whatever to make of the situation would probably be repeated thoughts which I don't think would lead to any discussion.
    He said that nothing has happened, and I pointed that we actually had some discussion. That's why I asked for thoughts, if I pressured him a little bit it was because we were talking about him without him participating.

    VOTE: Zima

    She voted herself, and I'd like to see how she acts as well if she has anything to say.
    Self-vote =/= Scumtell. GastlyGibus on another game for example.
    Although more thougts from her are not bad. She tends to be a secretive player after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusiana View Post
    I know they didn't, but, like, I was just trying to make the point that it wasn't expected for them to have a bunch of firm reads or anything along those lines; just some basic commentary, set in stone or not, would be nice, 'cause there's definitely at least a few things you could derive reads from what's been posted thus far, even if it's not much.
    Exactly. Basic commentary that will lead to the others commenting too, until we reach an adequate amount of serious discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Even if it would generate discussion, making there be more discussion, I doubt it would be helpful because the quality counts rather than the quantity but *shrugs*, I can see where you're coming from.
    True. But there has to be something around to start it all.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Wow, that escalated quickly. RainbowSkittles isn't to blame here, and I read Yato's vote as a joke one. Everyone was placing joke votes at that point in time. It was GM who took it one step further and placed a serious vote.

    RS once went the entirety of Fairy Mafia (I think) without voting ONCE. It got quite annoying because she kept saying she didn't have enough information or was going to vote later. Anyways, yeah, that's her meta and we shouldn't be badgering her about it because she acts this way in every game.
    Indeed it was GM. He explained why he did it, and I find it fine since it started some discussion.

    True, he did exactly that in Fairy Mafia! He did it again in another game, and in both cases, it was what caused him to get lynched... and he was mafia in both games.
    Also, in Trainer Class where he was town, it was you (mafia) who used this to get an easy lynch on him. So, he is the kind of person who always plays similarly early on but gets to show his true colours later, through voting patterns.

    About Clusiana's post... if I get to reply I will get even more repetitive than I already am.
    Last edited by Konstantinos; 28th May 2014 at 09:12 AM.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

    These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

  11. #71

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Zexy View Post
    Interesting point. I would like to ask what do you think of me.
    Townread thus far, since you could've easily just let the RVS stage continue without promoting any discussion whatsoever, but you took it upon yourself to kickstart everything rather than just letting the phase pass without anything important happening. It bothers me a bit that you focused on Yato and GM rather than Zima's self-vote (which I can't help but find fairly scummy, as it provides absolutely nothing of worth to the thread--what kind of info are you going to provide anyone with a self-vote? What reaction will be garnered from that? How you feel about being voted by yourself? Are you going to OMGUS yourself? No. Nothing worthwhile is born from a self-vote but the illusion of activity, and so, I find that pretty anti-town), but judging by your reference to another game, I guess you have reason to believe it isn't? I've not read the BB mafia, so I can't say anything on that, but if you've got reason to not find self-voting scummy, then I guess it's not that much of an issue. At least you found something to focus on despite that, right?

    So since you've acted just about as pro-town as you can thus far and not done anything alarmingly scummy (even apparently having reasoning backing the one scummy thing I've seen from you), you're someone I believe to be town, for what it's worth.

    wake up and dream once more.

  12. #72
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    I think this whole "any read can evolve into a good one" thing is a bit too hopeful, especially from RainbowSkittles, but like I said I can see where Clusiana is coming from and I don't think she has played a game with him, and I can understand the amount of pressure she put in better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zexy View Post
    Self-vote =/= Scumtell. GastlyGibus on another game for example.
    Although more thougts from her are not bad. She tends to be a secretive player after all.
    I know, I never said it was a scum tell if that's what you're implying I said. I just want to see how she reacts, and it would help the game move on.

    True. But there has to be something around to start it all.
    It has already started though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Wow, that escalated quickly. RainbowSkittles isn't to blame here, and I read Yato's vote as a joke one. Everyone was placing joke votes at that point in time. It was GM who took it one step further and placed a serious vote.
    Wait, didn't Yato say hers was a serious one? Wouldn't that make her vote the first serious one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clusiana View Post
    It bothers me a bit that you focused on Yato and GM rather than Zima's self-vote.
    I'm kind of surprised he didn't say anything about GastlyGibus's "vote", since he pointed out so many things but he might have thought something along my thoughts about it.

  13. #73
    ephemeral Eleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,697
    Blog Entries
    123

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    UNVOTE: Clusiana
    VOTE: Zima


    She voted herself, and I'd like to see how she acts as well if she has anything to say.
    I don't see why you're getting so worked up over a joke vote. XD

    I rarely do that in mafia games regardless of alignment, and you know this.

  14. #74
    Cryst Fairy HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Luxendarc
    Posts
    1,150
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Zima View Post
    I don't see why you're getting so worked up over a joke vote. XD

    I rarely do that in mafia games regardless of alignment, and you know this.
    Ehh I'm not really worked up over it. I don't remember a time you did it though? Still anyway what do you think of what happened in thread so far?

  15. #75

    Default Re: Gundam SEED Mafia ~ Day 1 - "Its Name: Gundam" ~ 27/5/2014

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I think this whole "any read can evolve into a good one" thing is a bit too hopeful,
    :I

    Also, Zima, could you answer my question? Why did you vote yourself? Was there any reason?

    wake up and dream once more.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •