Mafia: Game of Thrones Mafia: TOWN WIN 09/10/2013 - Page 21

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Game of Thrones Mafia: TOWN WIN 09/10/2013

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Game of Thrones Mafia: Day 5: Valar Morghulis 05/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa
    Pro-town can be mafia too. It doesn't clear them at all. And while Human may not have seemed suspicious to you, he was to others. Don't assume the decision was mine alone. I discussed with my mason and DK. Your blind trust in an indep is nice but to others, we don't trust indeps so easily.
    I know that, but outside of a check without a godfather still present, nobody really is totally cleared. I wasn’t trusting on blind faith, but on observations. Plus, with how the mafia had behaved in their kill actions, I very strongly doubted that Human would be part of the mafia, especially when he knew the full extent of my claim for awhile.

You keep talking about inactives. A mislynch or miskill could easily cost us in this game so why risk hitting one of them without first confirming something first that could be more dangerous.
    There have been far fewer deaths than a game would normally have thanks to the weird night phases. And town has the upper-hand and two mafia are already gone. With Pein’s death and previous night phases, an inactive mafia seems fairly likely, and going after one of the inactives (or in m0ckingbird’s case, his sub) would have both narrowed the field while also possibly hitting mafia.

Because your ability means that every night kill goes to you. We had a doctor night one, and then we had two nights without nightkills, and the fourth just had two targeting the same person.
    I’m pretty sure I never said that, nor did I even imply it when I’d clearly stated before that I felt that it was N1 and N2 where I was targeted, not every night phase. I still don’t think it was the doctor protect unless it was used on me, because the FT and events of that phase make me pretty positive I was the target N1.

It doesn't tell which mafia members said what, it doesn't tell what everyone did, its unclear about who is who. In the night two report it revealed a character talking to another character with a certain hair color. While it gave one character's name it only gave the others hair color. That hair color could belong to town or mafia considering it matches a lannister and starker from what I researched.
    It still is more specific than many investigative abilities seem to be, and because it doesn’t really line up with what I think there is good reason to believe, that is why I’m very hesitant to accept it as totally trustworthy.

You really love twisting vague around don't you. Apparently I used the wrong word with vague, but I was trying to point out that yet things can be misunderstood, however interpreted right they can help us.
    I don’t see how I twisted it. Vague can be misinterpreted, and it’s possible that you are misinterpreting whatever you’ve got. You seem totally certain that your interpretation is accurate, but that may not be the case, and that’s what I’m thinking with what I’ve gathered about the night phases.

So your evidence is FT? So you have no hard proof to prove yourself.
    Nothing I can actually present, no. But by the same token, Dark Kyriaki isn’t proven either, because FT is what proves her as a vigilante. It could be that mafia killed Human, other than the FT and her word we don’t really know for sure. But if you’re trusting her from the FT, I don’t understand why it’s so much harder to believe my basis in the FT.

Plus, I was the one who started the lynch on Ferrothorn. Killing me would make sense, so that combines with the FT to make it even more likely.

@Dark Kyriaki
    Unfortunately, I don’t have any sort of message to show for it. Though since I’m infinite bulletproof, since I wouldn’t need to know if my ability ran out, that could be why there’s no messages.

VOTE: Synthesis

I still think the mafia was inactive, and because I think m0ckingbird was likely mafia, that carries over to Synthesis. About the time m0ckingbird started to go inactive is about when there was a no kill, and I think there's a connection there.

Blog Entries

Hey guys, sorry. I've to catch up 20 pages so bare with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytie View Post
    @Midorikawa; I've been saying for a few phases that I'm suspicious of m0ckingbird. Since he and Pein were both not very active, I think it's a good bet that m0cking is mafia. And since the cop confirmed that Pein was mafia, it would have been counterproductive to not switch to him.

Vote: m0ckingbird20
    m0ckingbird20 is no longer in the game. @Synthesis; has taken his place.
    Herp Derp. I must have missed that.

Unvote: m0ckingbird20
    Vote: Synthesis
    (do I even need to unvote m0cking?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

Okay, don't let me have a chance to catch up with the game? That's cool too.

I see that the Mafia's clearly been inactive, or something along those lines, until after I joined the game. It would be a natural assumption to presume I'm mafia since mafia apparently becoming active the moment I subbed in seems suspicious. Yeah, I get that. But, unfortunately for lynch-eager "town", I'm not mafia. From what I can tell so far, the town are looking to be in quite a nice standing with the mafia being supposedly inactive and the majority of the power roles still being around it seems. That leaves us some wiggle room.

That means we have the time to actually make calculated, observant, and actually beneficial plays. Lynching me would not be beneficial. We have the leisure to weed through the people who are obviously inactive, rather than just assume I'm mafia. I don't think it's asking much to at least be given time to prove myself as town. We can afford that. I can't actually prove myself innocent now, without a screenshot, which is completely illogical. So, the wise decision is to mull things over, and not vote. Or, if you guys are so trigger-happy, go with someone who is actually a likely mafia member.

Lynching me reduces the town numbers, and possibly reduces our pool of good town roles.

My vote for now, until I have time to actually read this thread properly, is no lynch. It'd be wise to follow suit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    Lynching me reduces the town numbers, and possibly reduces our pool of good town roles.
    That could be said of anyone who's town. Yet, apart from Vigilantes or whatevs, Lynching is the only way to weed out scum.

As Zima said earlier, No Lynching can only really sorta work during the first day Phase, but after that, to not want to sounds off all sorts of alarms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Dunois View Post
    That could be said of anyone who's town. Yet, apart from Vigilantes or whatevs, Lynching is the only way to weed out scum.

As Zima said earlier, No Lynching can only really sorta work during the first day Phase, but after that, to not want to sounds off all sorts of alarms.

Different =/= wrong. Lynching for the sake of lynching someone and hoping to get lucky is neither strategic nor wise. You've a greater chance of striking town than mafia or independent.

Actually, this kind of attitude lost you guys the doctor very early. Nice strategy alright ;o

Blog Entries

So we should never, ever lynch anyone? Wow, that's great logic. We'll just have a nice little conversation while the mafia slowly picks us off. Yay!
    Last edited by Charles Dunois; 6th October 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Um, yeah, cause that's what I said. It might be better to reread my posts to make sure you fully understand what I'm trying to get at. I'm not saying not to lynch ever. That's obviously not a good idea. I've said to actually give me a chance because I can't even prove my alliance yet, much like anyone can't on the very first turn. I can't stop you lynching if you want to, but it's better to not blindly lynch, almost always. Especially when the town is in a comfortable position.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Different =/= wrong. Lynching for the sake of lynching someone and hoping to get lucky is neither strategic nor wise. You've a greater chance of striking town than mafia or independent.

Actually, this kind of attitude lost you guys the doctor very early. Nice strategy alright ;o
    It sounds like you're saying we don't have reasons to be voting you, when there is some backing to them. There is some wiggle room and that's true, and that's why a lynch would be more beneficial now. We can afford to lose a townie if we happen to mislynch, but there is some reason to believe you could be mafia.

So we'd either possibly hit scum, or we'd be able to narrow things down from here. Sure, there is likely a cop in this game, but the godfather is still alive so that's still risky, and barring getting a mafia check on someone we could be in the same position next day phase. A lynch will move things along.

Blog Entries

@FinalArcadia ; You actually make some good points, and I can't argue with that. I will roleclaim to you because you are at least being level-headed. Then again, it might be too late for that even.

E: 15 mins left. Welp, t'was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by Synthesis; 6th October 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Voting locked. Update pending.

Blog Entries

Chapter 9

Nymeria

Nymeria had spent the last few days resting but just the other night she finally ran into another Stark. It was Bran, she recognised him almost instantly. He was sleeping, tossing and moaning, it looked like he was having a nightmare. Not wanting to disturb him, she lay down a few yards from where he slept, ready to greet him in the morning. She closed her eyes. When she awoke, he had gone.

"WHAT is that thing!"

"It looks like a direwolf, quickly! Do something"

Nymeria sensed danger and began to growl, baring her teeth. She was sure she recognised at least one of the men. They unshiethed their swords.

The hair on Nymeria's body stood up as she lunged at the smallest man. She jumped on top of him, scratching his face, her razor sharp teeth moments away from sinking into his neck when something stopped her. She was struck from behind.

It is now Night 5. You may start sending in your night actions. This phase will end at 1AM GMT on the 8th of October. (2 hours later than usual) 10/16 players remain.

Last edited by CrackFox; 6th October 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Game of Thrones Mafia: Night 5: Dog Days Are Over 06/10/2013

LOLGG

but seriously, learn from this derp
    Last edited by Synthesis; 6th October 2013 at 05:25 PM.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

At least now we know FinalArcadia has either been lying about being in contact with the cop or has been lied to by a fake cop. @FinalArcadia; if you could reveal the fake cop then that'd be great.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

It's interesting to see that my guess was partially right - the real cop was inactive. And it seems a fake cop had been feeding fake info everywhere without worrying about getting CC'd. I'm thinking the fake cop would be, if there is one, mafia role cop.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast